Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

View Poll Results: If Santa was basing your present on your eating over the past few weeks, you'd get
Nothing 4 19.05%
A piece of coal 5 23.81%
Something average 2 9.52%
Something really nice 3 14.29%
The best present ever! 0 0%
Not saying, he may read this and I'm not taking any chances! 7 33.33%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 12-24-2002, 11:40 PM   #31  

Merry Christmas Everyone!

I didn't mean to be absent from the board last week. I had temporarily lost my interent service at home and don't really have a chance at work to do any posting. Anyway, I have it back now and wanted to check in.

We were supposed to have a Christmas Eve dinner party Tranquils' house tonight. She became very ill today with a flu bug and high fever so we had to postpone our plans. She has been in bed miserable all day. How awful for her to be sick at Christmas. We will try to have dinner at her house tomorrow, with me and her Gram taking care of the kitchen, and hopefully she will be feeling a little better, or at least be able to sit up for a short time and eat a bite of food.

I must confess that my eating has been terrible, especially with the sweets. I would like to blame it on all the goodie baskets that were sent to our office the last two weeks, or on all the stress that I have financially, or because of my impending divorce and ect.... BUT, after reading Deb's MM message yesterday, guess I can't get away with it as it would just be an exuse and it is the road I've been chosing lately. I am absolutely miserable from being an eating machine and ready to choose the better road. I wish I could understand why I do this to myself.

I sure admire all of you that are being more faithful with staying on program during the holidays. Way to go with losing 2 lbs Rosalie! Fantastic!

Crystle, hope your quiet Christmas at home with the kids is a very blessed time for your family.

Jack k, I copied your idea and printed the MM statement to put on my computer. It hit home with me also. Lucky you being off all week. Hope you enjoy your week!

Deb, the story about your sister finding her stolen items at a pawn shop is really awesome. Hope she can get her things back soon.

I still have some gifts to wrap so have to run. Welcom to Jennifer and tiger, and hello to everyone else. I'll be back soon.

Take care,
Wendy
Old 12-24-2002, 11:48 PM   #32  

Default A Dieter's Christmas

Twas the night before Christmas and all round my hips
were Fannie May candies that sneaked past my lips

Fudge brownies were stored in the freezer with care
in hopes that my thighs would forget they were there

While Mama in her girdle and I in chin straps
had just settled down to sugar-borne naps

When out in the pantry there arose such a clatter
I sprang from my bed to see what was the matter

Away to the kitchen I flew like a flash
tore open the icebox then threw up the sash

The marshmallow look of the new-fallen snow
sent thoughts of a binge to my body below

When what to my wandering eyes should appear:
a marzipan Santa with eight chocolate reindeer!

That huge chunk of candy so luscious and slick
I knew in a second that I'd wind up sick

The sweet-coated santa, those sugared reindeer
I closed my eyes tightly but still I could hear

On Pritzker, on Stillman, on weak one, on TOPS
a Weight Watcher dropout from sugar detox

From the top of the scales to the top of the hall
now dash away pounds now dash away all

Dressed up in Lane Bryant from my head to nightdress
my clothes were all bulging from too much excess

My droll little mouth and my round little belly
they shook when I laughed like a bowl full of jelly

I spoke not a word but went straight to my work
ate all of the candy then turned with a jerk

And laying a finger beside my heartburn
I gave a quick nod toward the bedroom I turned

I eased into bed, to the heavens I cry
if temptation's removed I'll get thin by and by

And I mumbled again as I turned for the night
in the morning I'll starve...'til I take that
first bite!
Old 12-25-2002, 10:28 AM   #33  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

HAPPY HO HO!!!!!!

Morning everyone!!! Hope everyone got a visit from Santa..

Now, if y'all think getting me to chat is hard now, just wait...I got a DVD player and all of you know how I like my movies!!!!

MISSY....maybe you ought to go on over to your Dad's and give the SB a big wet kiss and hope he gets the mouth crud!!!
Your weight gain is definately fluid...happens with any major surgery...when the swelling goes down, we want a picture of the new TA TA'S!!!! ...My BIG question is...
did you tip over when you first stood up???? I told you about my friend

I'm off to watch the movies.....

BOB'S CHRISTMAS PICKS:

UNFAITHFUL.....Richard Gere
MINORITY REPORT....TOM CRUISE
K-19.....Harrison Ford....

Also got some keepers in my stocking:

YA YA SISTERHOOD
OCEANS ELEVEN
BIG CHILL
and $40's worth of gift cards from BLOCKBUSTER to buy my own!

BOB
Old 12-25-2002, 11:35 AM   #34  
Undercover Diva

S/C/G: 242/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

Talking MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

Hope everyone is having a WONDERFUL holiday

I think I got about 5 pounds for Christmas... ugh!

DEB - I agree that some dogs can have the propensity to be dangerous... but not if they are bred right. We have had NO incidence of pit attacks in my area because breeding them to fight isn't a thing here like it is in areas like Miami and Chicago and some in California... that's why the bite incidences are higher there, because more of their pits were BRED to FIGHT and then people bought "pets" from a fighting line. I also read a really interesting website that proved that there are SEVERAL bites and attacks that were blamed on pits that were later proven to be mixes that just LOOKED like pits. They even had pictures of about 10 dogs on the site daring you to find the ones that were pits... I picked 3 myself... and NONE of them were. It just goes to show you have to be careful what you listen to.

BOB - I got a gift certificate to Bed Bath and Beyond, but I'd trade in a minute for the Blockbuster one LOL!! We got my MIL a DVD player, so I'm sure she'll be heading to buy some DVD's soon now!

Well... I'm off to do the family shuffle. My MIL spent the night, and they left this morning... to my dad's next and then to my moms. (About 3 hours of driving!!!)

Love Y'all.... Merry Christmas!!!!!
Old 12-25-2002, 02:37 PM   #35  
SUPER CHICK aka Moderator

Will be back on later to post!
Old 12-25-2002, 02:39 PM   #36  
Mel

Default Merry Christmas

The presents are opened, way too much food is all over, and in the oven. My borther and his family were supposed to come visit, but we are having one of our lovely PA storms of alternating snow, rain, sleet, and general slush, expected to freeze hard by late efternoon. So it's just the four of us and enoughr food for 12! I'm doing my best to make sure there won't be too much left over .
Have eaten all sorts of terrible stuff and I don't even care. Tomorrow's a new day.

I DID get to the gym this morning after we opened presents and had an awesome leg workout. There were more people there than I expected, and it was very fun and friendly. I won the bet and will be receiving a new t-shirt. I'm a little worried about what it's gonna say.

ok- the kitchen beckons.
Have a wonderful Christmas, everyone!

mel
Old 12-25-2002, 04:57 PM   #37  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

I CAN'T GET THIS BLASTED DVD TO WORK!!!!!

The movies from Blockbuster were terrible except for Unfaithful.
Tom Cruise has gone techno and I don't like him like that!

IF I could get the new box to work, I would be satisfied, but I'll have to go to Bestbuy and see if I'm doing something wrong, or if I need additional plug ins!

The turkey is done, and we'll be greasing down here in a few minutes...

Later

BOB
Old 12-25-2002, 08:16 PM   #38  
Bustin' Buddy

Hey everyone!

I can probably say for the 1st time that I've been awesome today. You know why - cause I can't eat a flipping thing! I'm going to the Dr. tomorrow to see what is wrong with this mouth of mine!

Went to my Dad's after my step-brother left. But, my sisters came over here earlier and told me that when my dad was saying the blessing that he cried cause we weren't there. I feel horrible. I'm his baby and I know it killed him for us to not be there - it killed me to hear that I hurt him so badly. To top it off - it is his birthday today too. I hope it made my step brother who was sitting there getting ready to fill his face feel even worse - everyone knows the reason I wasn't there was because of him. He was a total ******* to us and embarrassed us terribly at the LSU/ARKANSAS game in front of thousands of people - even so far as to make fun of my hubby because he is now deaf in one ear from that car accident that we were in this summer. He and Terry talked it out and my SB apologized but things will never be the same again. We don't ever even want to see him again. So, I didn't go to Christmas today because I really didn't know how I would react - I might be in jail for murder tonight had I gone. I just hate that my dad was so hurt.....

I hope he understands....he had come by the other day and told me not to let one ******* ruin my Christmas but I just couldn't go. Anyone else ever have a similar situation?

BOB: I'd love to have rammed my fist and my tongue with my contageous self all down his throat! I'm so horrible! But he is such a MF! I can't stand him.

Hope everyone else had a better day than I did - it was nice staying home with hubby but not the same as being surrounded by your whole family........

See you tomorrow
Merry Christmas!

Missy
286/247/170
Old 12-26-2002, 10:01 AM   #39  

Good morning everyone. Send the wagon around, or the sleigh, or whatever, just pick me up!!! I had way too many nibbles of this and that, made and ate the most awesome cornbread dressing on Christmas Eve. Haven't exercised in forever, either. I was pretty good yesterday, I made a prime rib roast, with asparagus, brown and wild rice, and salad. Made a sf cheesecake with the pecan crust. I also made this awesome Mediterranean layered dip and served with ww pita chips.It was all really yummy. For breakfast yesterday morning, I made breakfast tacos and used the ww tortillas.

We had a really nice holiday, spent too much, ate and drank too much and slept too little. Back to work today, though, yuk!!

BOB - when you get your DVD figured out, sign up for Netflix. Girl, it's the coolest thing and works great! You can usually get a month free, if not, email me and I think I can sign you up for a free month. Was K-19 the one where Harrison Ford is a bad guy?

Deb - Is our room all cleaned out??? I can't wait until the get-together. Honey got me some new sneakers, and 2 new spiffy outfits to wear for the trip. He's the sweetest thing. I'm with you, staying OP until the trip.

Fruit - I know exactly how you feel. I've had a major falling out with my sister and her husband. You have to do what's right for you. I'm sure your father understands and if you had been there when your SB was there, it probably would have been even harder on him, feeling like he was put in the middle. I think you did the right thing. By the way, I'm really sorry that LSU is going to have lose their bowl game this year, cuz the Horns are going to kick bootie! Chris and Mac have something to prove in the Cotton Bowl on New Years Day.

Mel - I can't believe you made it to the gym on Christmas. Good for you!!! Is it still snowing up there?

Tiger and Jennifer - Welcome to the board. Tiger, sorry about the cornbread dressing (or as we Southern gals call it, dressin'.) I made it and ate it anyway and it was awesome. I figure it might have a little fiber in it, so maybe that helps. I also don't put any white bread at all in mine.

Monet - Hope you get to feeling better soon. Maybe you're still trying to overdo too fast.

Melf - Did you guys have any major bad weather? We had a tornado about 20 miles east of here that destroyed a couple of houses. Fortunately, no one was seriously injured.

Denise - Hope you're having a wonderful time!!

I guess I'd better get to work and at least look busy. Hi to everyone I missed.

P.S. - Deb, my birthday is actually on Saturday, the 28th, but thanks for thinking of me.

Trish
Old 12-26-2002, 10:07 AM   #40  
SUPER CHICK aka Moderator

Good Thursday Morning Everyone

Sorry, this is going to have to be a quick one, the kids and I have a dental appt in less than an hour and I haven't taken a shower yet

We have a dinner at my cousins tonight, have to leave here at 3pm to get up there at 4pm, why she did it tonight, I don't know. Will try to get on after we get home, that's if I can get to the computer before one of the kids! That was the reason I couldn't get on as intended last night.

Have to say, I did get on the scale for WIW yesterday and was quite happy to see 129! Ditto for today

Have a great day!!!

{{{HUGS}}}

Debbie
Old 12-26-2002, 11:24 AM   #41  

Height: 5' 7"

Default Good morning.

After too much eating and drinking I'm officially way up. I think over the last month it's all been adding up. I weigh more now than I have in about a year...ugh. I know I can get back on track. It's just hard. That vicious cycle of high scales and wanting to eat because they are high. I know that makes no sense but that's the battle I'm having for the last few weeks. Hopefully, prayerfully I will get it together. We had a wonderful holiday with family.

Fruit...I am so sorry to hear about your sore mouth and problems with your step brother. I know you had to miss being with your family very much.

Trish...I hear ya...I won't mention all my nibbles...and gorging..LOL But it was a fabulous holiday. I'll sit by ya on the wagon.

Mel....I'm sure you will be back on track. You are an awesome example for the rest of us.

Well, my lazy hinny is gonna get the bed made and get ready to hopefully walk in the living room now that the tree is gone. I am so bad...I always take it down Christmas day. My family thinks I'm nuts....but I LOVE getting my living room back.

Love,
Crystle

235/UGH/140
Old 12-26-2002, 11:44 AM   #42  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

It;s OVer!

Now let's all get back OP and stay there. I got the Leslie Sansome 3 mile tape and a Firm tape for Christmas. I need to take the wrappers off. LOL.

Christmas was good. It's jut not as much fun as when the kids were little. i envy all of you with little ones. I guess I just have to wait for grandkids.

Just wanted to catch up. It felt so good getting back on here.
I think I will stop at the library today and see if they hae the new SB book.

Deb, how awesome that your DS found her camera and stuff. It is so great that the baby's pics are still on there. Fate is strange isn't it? My eating has been bad for the last week too. Not any sweets just bad food, chips etc.Today has started off OP so hoping I can stay there. Yeah for you being at 129. Awesome

Melf sond like you have a full house. enjoy.

Beth, that loset is going to be crowded. We are all in the same boat. It will be over soona nd we can get back OP and stay there.

Monet, get some rest you don't want to hae a relapse. Sounds like a yummy dinner and yo didn't ahve to fix it, the best part.

Fruit, glad you are back. Glad your surgery went well and you are feeling fine again. I bet you look good too! I hope your mouth gets better. I bit my tongue pretty bad last week and it is hard to eat too, but I'm sure nothing compared to yours. It's bad to hav troulbe in the family. My DH didn't speak to his brother for 12 years. he just killed himself a month ago. Don't know if DH has any regrets or not. Sorry it ruined your Christmas.

Serene, welcome back. Hope tranquil is feeling better by now. It is horrible being sick this time of year. One good thing, it keeps you frome eating all th bad stuff.\

Bob, what appropriate gifts for you. Neve seen anyone like movies as much as you do.

Mel, WTG on getting to the gym. I need to get exercisign again.

Country, I can't wait to get my stuff down too. It does look so bare afterwards though. I will wait a couple more days.

Need to fun. I have amask on to try to get rid of all these wrinkles and the time is way past. I can't even move my lips or eyes.

Hope to check in tomorrow.

Jackie
Old 12-26-2002, 11:46 AM   #43  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Deb, you must have missed my post last week. My DH is looking for a cheap hotel in Ft. Lauderdale in March. they are going on a cruise and need to arrive on Sun and the cruise leaves Mon morning. Same on the return the next Sat. they say they are going to sleep inthe airport, I don't want them to do that and don't know if they even allow such things. thought you or Denise might know of some hotel they could get close by athat isn't too expensive but not a dump either.

thanks for any help.

jackie
Old 12-26-2002, 12:56 PM   #44  
Mel

Default Post Christmas Stress Disorder

Hi!
Spent the morning returning some gifts that didn't fit/didn't like/didn't want- everyone else's that is. I expected huge crowds at the stores, but they were fairly empty. Surprising. I guess either everyone else bought the right stuff, or was scared off by the weather. I got a cd/mp3 player from dh which I really wanted, especially for the really boring long runs I'm doing. But he bought a neon puke green one! What was he thinking? Only good thing I can say about it is none one will swipe it, that's for sure. I'd really like to return it, the color makes me cry, but it's so unusual for him to get me anything that I remotely want, that I'm afraid to. Usually I get things like a dustbuster, a new computer mouse, a waffle maker....

Oops, gotta go, will try and post replies later!

mel
Old 12-26-2002, 12:56 PM   #45  

Angry New to SB or any low-sugar diet.

I am starting today. I have read the books and really like the SB for Kids book. I need to lose about 100 lbs and am never able to stick with any program for more than a week. I don't know why I can't follow through, I do with everything else in my life. Please help if you can.

I hope I am posting in the right place, let me know if I am not.

I am going to take this one day at a time and hopefully this time change for good. I eat way, way, way too much sugar and know this intellectually but can not stop myself when it is there or when I am stressed. I am going to stock my house with only legal items, maybe that will help.

I love to cook as well as eat so I can't wait to make some recipes.

Please help me to stay focused,
Laura
Closed Thread