Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

View Poll Results: Thanksgiving is almost here, so how do you going to do with TG dinner?
I plan on staying 100% OP 7 21.21%
I plan to have one small indiscretion 4 12.12%
I plan on having a little of whatever I want 13 39.39%
I plan on throwing all caution to the wind, but get right back on track after 4 12.12%
I may turn TG into a 4-day Olympic eating event! 1 3.03%
Can you send me the wagon come Monday? No, not Friday, MONDAY! 0 0%
I may end up looking like a stuffed holiday turkey-HELP! 0 0%
I started my holiday eating when Halloween rolled around--HELP! 1 3.03%
Other (like Canadian) 3 9.09%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 11-25-2002, 02:38 PM   #16  
Little Engine That Could

Fillise--I was pulling for the Tigers. Glad to see you are having a happy week. And your Wolfpack! Yeah man. Too bad about the terrapins! They let the Nolies sneak in with an ACC champ. win. If we can do the job on the Noles, they will go to the BCS with 5 losses. Heh heh heh. I won't make any predictions about the game, though. The Gators aren't much better than our upstate rival.
Have a great trip.
Old 11-25-2002, 02:42 PM   #17  

Good Morning to all

Well I'm praying you all get this I tried to get on Sunday and it wouldn't let me. That was very confussing, Did anyone else have any trouble?

Just a quick note to say we had an early thanksgiving with our foster Daughter as she leaves for the Navy on Wed. and all went well, stayed op Now Thurs. will be going to Mom for Dinner and it will be impossible to be op as she pouts if you don't eat her food. and believe me there are a lot of things I'm willing to put up with, but not mom's pouting.

I'll try to keep up this wk, But like Deb said it's a busy one. Hope everyone has a good THANKS GIVING, and don't forget to be thankful. After all we've over come 9-11 and all we need to be thankful.

God Bless All Love Glory
Old 11-25-2002, 02:43 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Well, better late than never. Here it is afternoon already. My morning has been full of problems. First of all, our DSL line wasn't working and I couldn't get on first thing. Then my DD calls and her car won't start. Like I could do something about it. Well 6 phone calls later they tow her car in. I had to go pick her up at the car place and let her bring me back to work so she could use my car to get to work. We thought it might be the battery and she said if they jumped it she was bring me her car and getting mine. So I could be stuck if it didn't start again> KIDS! Wish I hade 2 more.

Had a busy weekend. I was so proudn of myself Friday night. Went to happy hour and only drank diet coke. Then we went out for Mexican. I had my 7 triscuits to dip in the salsa and I ordered fajitas and shared with DH (after he ate all of his dinner). Went to a karoke place and still had diet coke. Sat went to the track and had 3 grapefuit juice and vodka. Ate 100% Op though. Then at the birthday party, I continued to drink the vodka and gf juice. I ate a salad and she had lasagna so I had a small bite and that was it. I would do fine if I would just leave the vodka alone. Sunday was fine with eating.

I have to make a bunch of snacks to take to my DS for dinner TG. Probably do veggies and mexican wraps and something else. I will b e taking a baked sweet potatoe for me. Thanksgiving is pretty easy to stay legal.

Haven't had time to go back and read the Sat & Sunday boards. I hear Thunder is back. Welcome back. I hoe to catch up later.

Deb, sorry I missed your call. I was gone all Sat and part of Sunday. I sure hope we don't lose anyone over the holidays. We all need to keep connected. Sounds like a great meeting wtih Denise. Glad you all had fun.

Zanne, Beets? I'm not cheating for beets? Hang in there.

Monet, Sounds like you are overdoing. Watch out, Bob will be coming after you.

Fillise, I'm with you. TG is a SB holiday. Easy to stay legal. Just got to plan ahead. Have a safe trip and have fun too!

Country, Don't think about the things you can't have. Think of al lthe good things you can have. Make some desserts for you.

IDBlond, With such a long post, I take it you hands are better today. I hope so. Thanks for the MM. So true. Good luck at the Dr's.

Gracious, I wish we already had our Thanksgiving like you. Christmas is 1 month from today

Music, Sounds like you are getting your finances all lined up. Good for you. Don't be planning already to cheat. You can do it. How abut just a taste? Which is more important, pie or losing weight?

Better get some work done here.

Jackie
257/164/145
10-10-01
Old 11-25-2002, 02:44 PM   #19  

Well, I can't believe that I finally met Debbie and Eli yesterday! What EXTREMELY nice people! Trust me, she's just as nice in person as she is on the internet. She wore me out shopping all day after eating at Ole Ole!! SHE'S DEFINITELY A SHOPPER!! Also, Eli was our chauffer and he was just as friendly as Debbie. Eli didn't wince once when we kept going and going and going.... I think I may have spent too much, but oh well, you only live once.

We went to Whole Foods and Debbie was master of that kingdom. She showed me everything that was legal and what we could eat on SB. Wow, what a tour... I had no idea. Thanks Debbie for the great learning experience. She knows her stuff!!

After doing all that on Sunday, I went home and still had to shop at Publix. Publix now has that Nature's Own Sugar Free bread. I was in shock! I saw Star Bucks coffee at Publix in the coffee aisle, but I didn't know about the flavored grounded coffee. i.e. hazel nut flavoured grounds. The bag says that it's flavored by natural and artificial flavors. There is no specific ingredients in the coffee. Debbie, is this legal???

Anyhow, I'm pretty tired today as I was cooking pies till about 10 pm. last night. I cooked 2 SF apple pies and 2 SF pumpkin pies for the company party tomorrow and for my family's thanksgiving party. I also bought a SF cherry swirl cheesecake at Whole Foods just in case everything tasted awful. I will know today as I will have to taste test them. I hope they are okay as I plan on staying on plan during Thanksgiving ...

Debbie: THANK YOU for all your kind words about my family and I. YOU ARE TOO SWEET!! It's nice to meet someone like you is who is not only friendly and nice, but responsible and level headed too.. Seeing you and hearing your story has given me so much inspiration to finally get this weight off for good! Thank you for the coffee and for spending the day with Amber and I. It really meant a lot to me. I feel very lucky to have you and the people on this board in my life We will get together soon! Oh, btw, my mom is staying at The Best Inn where two other runner friends of hers are staying...

Monet: It sounds like you are shopping and cooking...Hmmm, is this really what the doctor ordered? You better get some rest girl or you're going to get your wish of additional weeks rest! What is egg flower soup? Can you share the recipe?
I too am going to concentrate on just eating protein, fruits and veggies.

Bob: Yes, I will be in Orlando. I am car pooling with Debbie so we will be up on Friday early. Sounds like you had a great weekend with Baby Jay. I'm very happy for you.

Shirley: Loved the jokes. Those were some good ones...

Lara: Hang in there and remember, "One meal at a time"

Tina: That will be nice to pay off those credit cards. So much pressure will be lifted off!

Crystle: Don't worry about all the goodies that you won't get to eat. Make your own goodies like I did so there will be something for you to have for dessert! Hope you found the perfect tree!

Suzanne: Thanks for the "why the scale lies" It does put it all in perspective, doesn't it? I never ate beets so I don't miss them, therefore that's one thing I don't miss. Eventhough they might have a high GI, at least it's healthy for you and not a bag of chips !!

Sonya: Sorry to hear that you fell off the wagon after having your baby Ashley. Just keep posting everyday and you will get lots of support here. The moment you make the change and the moment you begin to exercise, will be the moment you feel better! Don't fret about it, just do it!! We are all here for you...

Fillise: How was your regular massage? Did you enjoy it? Now you're getting the foot massage. That's awesome!!

Melf: Look forward to meeting you in Orlando!!

Hi to Gracious and anyone else I missed! I copy and save as I go along in case the computer goes down. When I hit the submit button, it says I have used too many smilies, so I had to delete some of my images. Go figure!! LOL! Hope everyone has a great Monday!!!!
Old 11-25-2002, 02:54 PM   #20  

Soemone sent this to me and I wanted to share with all of you.

Thanksgiving

> > THANKSGIVING
> >
> >
> > I AM THANKFUL......
> >
> > FOR THE WIFE.......
> > WHO SAYS IT'S HOT DOGS TONIGHT, BECAUSE, THAT MEANS SHE IS HOME WITH ME,
> > NOT
> > WITH SOMEONE ELSE.
> >
> > FOR THE HUSBAND......
> > WHO IS ON THE SOFA .... WHO IS BEING A COUCH POTATO, BECAUSE HE IS HOME
> > WITH
> > ME .......
> > AND NOT OUT AT THE BARS.
> >
> > FOR THE TEENAGER......
> > WHO IS COMPLAINING ABOUT DOING DISHES........ BECAUSE THAT MEANS SHE IS
>AT
> > HOME, NOT ON THE STREETS.
> >
> > FOR THE TAXES THAT I PAY.......
> > BECAUSE IT MEANS THAT I AM EMPLOYED.
> >
> > FOR THE MESS TO CLEAN AFTER A PARTY......
> > BECAUSE IT MEANS THAT I HAVE BEEN SURROUNDED BY FRIENDS.
> >
> > FOR THE CLOTHES THAT FIT A LITTLE TOO SNUG......
> > BECAUSE IT MEANS I HAVE ENOUGH TO EAT.
> >
> > FOR MY SHADOW THAT WATCHES ME WORK......
> > BECAUSE IT MEANS I AM OUT IN THE SUNSHINE.
> >
> > FOR A LAWN THAT NEEDS MOWING, WINDOWS THAT NEED CLEANING, AND GUTTERS
>THAT
> > NEED FIXING......... BECAUSE IT MEANS I HAVE A HOME.
> >
> > FOR ALL THE COMPLAINING I HEAR ABOUT THE GOVERNMENT......
> > BECAUSE IT MEANS THAT WE HAVE FREEDOM OF SPEECH.
> >
> > FOR THE PARKING SPOT I FIND AT THE FAR END OF THE PARKING LOT.......
> > BECAUSE IT MEANS I AM CAPABLE OF WALKING ..... AND THAT I HAVE BEEN
> > BLESSED
> > WITH TRANSPORTATION.
> >
> > FOR MY HUGE HEATING BILL.....
> > BECAUSE IT MEANS I AM WARM.
> >
> > FOR THE LADY BEHIND ME IN CHURCH THAT SINGS OFF KEY.....
> > BECAUSE IT MEANS THAT I CAN HEAR.
> >
> > FOR THE PILE OF LAUNDRY AND IRONING......
> > BECAUSE IT MEANS I HAVE CLOTHES TO WEAR.
> >
> > FOR WEARINESS AND ACHING MUSCLES AT THE END OF THE DAY.......
> > BECAUSE IT MEANS I HAVE BEEN CAPABLE OF WORKING HARD.
> >
> > FOR THE ALARM THAT GOES OFF IN THE EARLY MORNING HOURS.........
> > BECAUSE IT MEANS THAT I AM ALIVE.
> >
> > AND FINALLY....FOR TOO MUCH E-MAIL......
> > BECAUSE IT MEANS I HAVE FRIENDS AND FAMILY WHO ARE THINKING OF ME.
> >
> > SEND THIS TO SOMEONE YOU CARE ABOUT . . . I JUST DID.
> >
> > Happy Thanksgiving to all of you!
> >
> >
> >
> >

__________________________________________________ _______________
Old 11-25-2002, 04:12 PM   #21  
sef

HiedieHo All!!

ZANNE: OMG! I didn't mean put the pita chips in the freezer!!!!!!! The unused pitas yes, but when made into chips! When I make up the whole pkg of pitas into chips, I put them in ziplock bags and they keep for ages and ages! I'd cheat on beets too. I love them.

MONET: WATCH IT! It will be so easy to want to over-do now that the holidays are here.

COUNTRY: The Starbucks here says they don't make sugar free, but there is a Pallidium's (I don't know if it is a franchize) and they make SF Cappucchino. I don't know the big deal of not making SF. My SIL owns a Beanery (A franchize) and they do SF. You can always get a Cappuchino and add sweetener.

LDBLOND: Good MM.

GRACIOUS: I hate to do alterations or repairs! Would rather start from scratch and create something. Of course, I don't do the sewing I used to.

MUSIC: I used to do the sewing to save money too. Now there are so many soecial size stores it's cheaper to buy. Used to make our curtains and drapes for the same reason. Deer not a favorite of mine. I come from where it was practically un- american not to hunt, we didn't. But people always feel they have to share their catch with you to prove to you how good it is. No matter how it's prepared by myself or gourmets I still don't care for venison. Same for bear and fowl. Now there's nothing like feresh caught fish, even the cleaning is worth it.

Here's an MM:

ONE.
Give people more than they expect and do it cheerfully.

TWO.
Marry a man/woman you love to talk to. As you get older, their
conversational skills will be as important as any other.

THREE.
Don't believe all you hear, spend all you have or sleep all you want.

FOUR.
When you say, "I love you", mean it.

FIVE.
When you say, "I'm sorry", look the person in the eye.

SIX.
Be engaged at least six months before you get married.

SEVEN.
Believe in love at first sight.

EIGHT.
Never laugh at anyone's dreams. People who
don't have dreams don't have much.

NINE.
Love deeply and passionately. You might get hurt
but it's the only way to live life completely.

TEN.

In disagreements, fight fairly. Please No name calling.

ELEVEN.
Don't judge people by their relatives.

TWELVE.
Talk slowly but think quickly.

THIRTEEN.
When someone asks you a question you don't want
to answer, smile and ask, "Why do you want to know?"

FOURTEEN.
Remember that great love and great
achievements involve great risk.

FIFTEEN.
Say "bless you" when you hear someone sneeze.

SIXTEEN.
When you lose, don't lose the lesson.

SEVENTEEN.
Remember the three R's:
Respect for self;
Respect for others;
Responsibility for all your actions.

EIGHTEEN.
Don't let a little dispute injure a great friendship.

NINETEEN.
When you realize you've made a mistake,
take immediate steps to correct it.

TWENTY.
Smile when picking up the phone.
The caller will hear it in your voice.

TWENTY ONE.
Spend some time alone.

A second one:

TIME GETS BETTER WITH AGE

I learned that I like my teacher because she cries when we sing "Silent Night".

Age 5

I learned that our dog doesn't want to eat my broccoli either.

Age 7

I learned that when I wave to people in the country, they stop what they are doing and wave back.

Age 9

I learned that just when I get my room the way I like it, Mom makes me clean it up again.

Age 12

I learned that if you want to cheer yourself up, you should try cheering someone else up.

Age 14

I learned that although it's hard to admit it, I'm secretly glad my parents are strict with me.

Age 15

I learned that silent company is often more healing than words of advice.

Age 24

I learned that brushing my child's hair is one of life's great pleasures.

Age 26

I learned that wherever I go, the world's worst drivers have followed me there.

Age 29

I learned that if someone says something unkind about me, I must live so that no one will believe it.

Age 30

I learned that there are people who love you dearly but just don't know how to show it.

Age 42

I learned that you can make some one's day by simply sending them a little note.

Age 44

I learned that children and grandparents are natural allies.
Age 47

I learned that no matter what happens, or how bad it seems today, life does go on, and it will be better tomorrow.

Age 48

I learned that singing "Amazing Grace" can lift my spirits for hours.

Age 49

I learned that motel mattresses are better on the side away from the phone.

Age 50

I learned that you can tell a lot about a man by the way he handles these three things: a rainy day, lost luggage, and tangled Christmas tree lights.

Age 51

I learned that keeping a vegetable garden is worth a medicine cabinet full of pills.

Age 52

I learned that regardless of your relationship with your parents, you miss them terribly after they die.

Age 53

I learned that making a living is not the same thing as making a life.

Age 58

I learned that if you want to do something positive for your children, work to improve your marriage.

Age 61

I learned that life sometimes gives you a second chance.

Age 62

I learned that you shouldn't go through life with a catchers mitt on both hands. _You need to be able to throw something back.

Age 64

I learned that if you pursue happiness, it will elude you. _But if you focus on your family, the needs of others, your work, meeting new people, and doing the very best you can, happiness will find you.

Age 65

I learned that whenever I decide something with kindness, I usually make the right decision.

Age 66

I learned that everyone can use a prayer.

Age 72

I learned that even when I have pains, I don't have to be one.

Age 82

I learned that every day you should reach out and touch someone. _People love that human touch-holding hands, a warm hug, or just a friendly pat on the back.

Age 90

I learned that I still have a lot to learn.

Age 92

I learned that you should pass this on to someone you care about. _Sometimes they just need a little something to make them smile.

Shirley
Old 11-25-2002, 04:31 PM   #22  

Height: 5' 7"

Default Howdy!

This mom is taking a break. Clothes are done..dishes washed and 6 dozen peanut butter cholate chip cookies later I am ready to chill. We eat early so I have about an hour before I have to start dinner. Thought I would say a quick hi! And go play with my graphics.

Sef and Jack-K....loved all the MM stuff. I've read the Thanksgiving one before but I think it should be read again. It's worth it.

Denise....good job on making the SF pies. You sound so excited and motivated. I'm gonna just soak some of the up..okay?

Well off to play....

Love,
Crystle

235/153/140
Old 11-25-2002, 04:37 PM   #23  
sef

HiedieHo All!!

Some one asked me my version of the 50's here's two:

"Hey Dad," My Son asked the other day, "what was your favorite fast food when you were growing up?"

"We didn't have fast food when I was growing up."

"C'mon, seriously. Where did you eat?" "We ate at home," I explained.
"My Mom cooked every day and when Dad got home from work, we all sat down together at the table, and if I didn't like what she put on my plate I had to sit there until I did like it."

By this time, my Son was laughing so hard I was afraid He was going to
suffer some serious internal damage, so I didn't tell him the part about how I had to get my Father's permission to leave the table.

Here are some other things I would have told him about my childhood if I had figured his system could handle it.

My parents never: wore Levi's, set foot on a golf course, traveled out
of the country, flew in a plane or had a credit card. In their later years they had something called a "revolving charge card" but they never actually used it. It was only good at Sears-Roebuck. Or maybe it was Sears and Roebuck. Either way, there is no Roebuck anymore.

My parents never drove me to soccer practice. This was because soccer back then was just for the girls.

We actually did walk to school. By the time you were in the 6th grade it
was not cool to ride the bus unless you lived more than 4 or 5 miles from the school, even when it was raining or there was ice or snow on the ground.

Outdoor sports consisted of stickball, snowball fights, building forts,
making snowmen and sliding down hills on a piece of cardboard. No skate boards, roller blades or trail bikes.

We didn't have a television in our house until I was 12. It was, of course,
black and white, but you could buy a piece of special colored plastic to
cover the screen. The top third was blue, like the sky, and the bottom
third was green, like grass. The middle third was red. It was perfect for
programs that had scenes of fire trucks riding across someone's lawn on a sunny day.

I was 13 before I tasted my first pizza. It was a Sam's Pizza at the East
end of Fruit Street in Milford. My friend, Steve took me there to try what
he called "tomato pie." When I bit into it, I burned the roof of my mouth
and the cheese slid off, swung down and plastered itself against my chin. It's still the best pizza I ever had.

Pizzas were not delivered to your house back then, but the milk was. I
looked forward to winter because the cream in the milk was on top of the bottle and it would freeze and push the cap off (I know you southern gals can't relate!). Of course, us kids would get up first to get the milk and eat the frozen cream before our mother could catch us. She wanted to cut it off and use it for whipping cream!

I never had a telephone in my room. Actually the only phone in the house was in the hallway and it was on a party line. Before you could make a call, you had to listen in to make sure someone else wasn't already using the line. (There was always some busybody that listen listen to your conversation, you had to be careful of what you said!) If
the line was not in use an Operator would come on and ask "number
please" and you would give her the number you wanted to call. The numbers back then were only two or three digits. Later there was a word prefix such as Pennsylvania Station 5000 (You probably wondered where that song phrase came from).

There was no such thing as a computer or a hand held calculator. We were required to memorize the "times tables." Believe it or not, we were tested each week on our ability to perform mathematics with nothing but a pencil and paper. We took a spelling test every day. There was no such thing as a "social promotion." If you flunked a class, you repeated that grade the following year. Nobody was concerned about your "self esteem." We had to actually do something praiseworthy before we were praised. We learned that you had to earn respect.

All newspapers were delivered by boys and most all boys delivered
newspapers. I delivered the "Milford Daily News" six days a week. It cost seven cents a paper, of which I got to keep 2 cents. On Saturday, I had to collect the 42 cents from my customers. My favorite customers were the ones who gave me 50 cents and told me to keep the change. My least favorite customers were the ones who seemed to never be home on collection day.

Movie stars kissed with their mouths shut on screen. Touching someone else's tongue with yours was called French kissing and they just didn't do that in the movies back then. I had no idea what they did in French movies. French movies were considered dirty and we weren't allowed to see them.

You never saw the Lone Ranger, Roy Rogers or anyone else actually kill someone. The heroes back then would just shoot the gun out of the bad guy's hand. There was no blood and violence.

When you were sick, the Doctor actually came to your house. No, I am not making this up.

Drugs were something you purchased at a pharmacy in order to cure an illness.

If we dared to "sass" our parents, or any other grown-up, we immediately> found out what soap tasted like. For more serious infractions, we learned about something called a "this hurts me more than it hurts you." I never did quite understand that one....

In those days, parents were expected to discipline their kids. There was
no interference from the government. "Social Services" or "Family Services" had not been invented (the ninth and tenth amendments to the constitution were still observed in those days.)

I must be getting old because I find myself reflecting back more and
more and thinking I liked it a lot better back then.

If you grew up in a generation before there was fast food, you may want
to share some of these memories with your kids or grandchildren. Just don't blame me if they wet themselves laughing. Growing up today sure ain't what it used to be like in my day.

Or:

If you lived as a child in the 40's, 50's, 60's or 70's.
Looking back it's hard to believe we have lived as long as we have...

As children, we would ride in cars with no seat belts or air bags. Riding in the back of a pickup truck on a warm day was always a special treat.

Our baby cribs were covered with bright colored lead-based paint. We had no
childproof lids on medicine bottles, doors, or cabinets, and when we rode our bikes,
we had no helmets. (Not to mention hitchhiking to town as a young kid!)

We drank water from the garden hose and not from a bottle. Horrors.

We would spend hours building our go-carts out of scraps and then rode down the hill, only to find out we forgot the brakes. After running into the bushes a few times we learned to solve the problem.

We would leave home in the morning and play all day, as long as we were back when the streetlights came on. No one was able to reach us all day. No cell phones. Unthinkable.

We played dodgeball and sometimes the ball would really hurt. We got cut and broke bones and broke teeth, and there were no law suits from these accidents.
They were accidents. No one was to blame, but us. Remember accidents?

We had fights and punched each other and got black and blue and learned to get over it.

We ate cupcakes, bread and butter, and drank sugar soda but we were never overweight...we were always outside playing. We shared grape soda with four friends, from one bottle and no one died from this.

We did not have Playstations, Nintendo 64, X-Boxes, video games at all, 99 channels on cable, video tape movies, surround sound, personal cell phones, Personal Computers, Internet chat rooms ... we had friends. We went outside and found them. We rode bikes or walked to a friend's home and knocked on the door, or rung the bell or just walked in and talked to them. Imagine such a thing. Without asking a parent! By ourselves! Out there in the cold cruel world! Without a guardian.
How did we do it?

We made up games with sticks and tennis balls and ate worms and although we were told it would happen, we did not put out very many eyes, nor did the worms live
inside us forever.

Little League had tryouts and not everyone made the team. Those who didn't, had to learn to deal with disappointment..... Some students weren't as smart as others so they failed a grade and were held back to repeat the same grade.....Horrors. Tests were not adjusted for any reason.

Our actions were our own. Consequences were expected. No one to hide behind. The idea of a parent bailing us out if we broke a law was unheard of, they actually sided with the law! Imagine that!

This generation has produced some of the best risk-takers and problem solvers and inventors, ever. The past 50 years has been an explosion of innovation and new ideas. We had freedom, failure, success and responsibility, and we learned how to deal with it all.

We had the luck to grow up as kids, before lawyers and government regulated our lives, for our own good.

I remember most of these! Does that mean I'm getting OLD? I sent copies to my GD.

Shirley
Old 11-25-2002, 04:38 PM   #24  
Goddess

Thumbs down Monday--still

Uh-oh--my trip tomorrow is in jeopardy. The back is worse I can barely move--and the pain in constant. I traded the foot reflexology for a half hour of soft tissue massage--painful, but it seems to have helped a little. Getting in and out of the car is most painful--however and I shudder to think what will happen after 8+ hours riding in the car. They may be serving me Thanksgiving dinner from behing the steering wheel.

I took some pain medication--then uneathed some Celebrex I got when my neck was acting up. I'm switching to that tonight because it is an anti-inflamatory--and I can take it and drive. But I'm resdgning myself to the fact that I may not be alble to leave until Wednesday.

Sorry this is all about me--but I'm feeling frustrated and had to vent! Thanks for letting me blow off some steam.

Susan
Old 11-25-2002, 04:43 PM   #25  

Morning everbody (yes, I actually started this earlier, but you see now what time it is. That's just how my day has gone.)

Just a quick post, things are crazy today at work. One thing after another. Today is my son Seth's 11th birthday. Went to a local indoor ice skating rink for his party. Spent a little more than I normally do, but oh, so worth it. Sent the invitations (that they provide) and showed up. They did everything else! The kids had a blast too. We're taking him to dinner tonight with my mother.

My mom is moving into a brand new retirement apartment on Friday. Now, will someone please explain to me why we planned this move on the biggest UT football game of the year, when the dreaded Texas A&M Aggies come to town! What was I thinking! Have to get the tv moved first thing.

Saturday was my measure day at Curves. I lost 5 3/4 inches in a month. Yippee!

Gotta run now. I'll try to post more tomorrow.

Trish
Old 11-25-2002, 04:44 PM   #26  

Off to head home. Bumming a ride with a co-worker. Car dealer thinks the car was flooded (good thing as far as money but if that is all it is, I may kill her).

Don't feel like cooking after all my running. May make DH take me out for some baked fish.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but did you realized Christmas is 1 month from today.
Melf, I bet you are enjoying your DD and kids living with you. But I'm sure they want to get back to normal. Hope they make it by Christmas.

GloryIbe, Have a great dinner and don't let your mom pout too much. Yes we all have a lot to be Thankful for.

Denise, sounds like you had a great day with Deb & Eli. Hey she is the of shopping. Those pies sound soo good. Kudos for you for trying them. That's the way to do this. You have to experiment, cook a little more and just be prepared. You are doing great.

Country, I hope you are not sampling those cc cookies!

Thunder, welcome back. How's that beautiful baby girl???
Have a great night.

Jackie
Old 11-25-2002, 07:16 PM   #27  
sef

HiedieHo All!!

FILLISE: back spasms are terrible! I often find that heat helps. Good luck! Sending positive thoughts!

JACKK: Thank you fpr your timely reminder...........that I'd rather not be reminded of! So little time to get it all done. We all gripe and grumble, but theings get done, and we are all happy. Around here it's perpetual holiday anyway! Any excuse for a parade!

Did my usual stuff today, now it is rest time. I thibnk there's a mystery on BBC tonight. TAke care!

Shirley
Old 11-25-2002, 07:47 PM   #28  
Undercover Diva

S/C/G: 242/ticker/175

Arrow Howdy Y'all

Well... DH's family had their Thanksgiving celebration on Sunday and I did SO WELL!!!! I made a completely legal lasagna, and of course Deb's Cheesecake (which I lost the recipe to and had to get it from our fearless leader with only hours to spare! THANKS DEB!!!) Well... lemme tell you they were BOTH a HIT! Nobody could tell the difference. The cheesecake was gone in a matter of minutes, I only got a tiny piece. That's ok though... I have one cooling right now Anyway, the only other thing I had was some salad. And Unsweet Tea with Sweet 'n Low... cause I didn't feel like having water
I'M SO PROUD OF ME !!!!!

Anyway. Thursday I have to work, so my family is getting together Saturday, and I am determined to stay legal then too!!
I don't think I have had anything illegal for a few days now. WOW, and I didn't even think about it I think it's easier when I don't try so hard.

ZANNE - And I thought I was weird for cheating with POP TARTS. I have NO problem staying away from Beets When I'm in a HIGH FAT mood... I can eat a whole jar of marinated artichoke hearts though... but I think they're legal... Just waaaaay fatty.

DEB - Thanks again for coming to my rescue with that recipe. I printed it out, AND saved the email..LOL. Hopefully I can keep up with it now. I swear it wasn't on the recipe boards... how weird is that.

Well... I'm still sick as a dog. My throat is so sore and swollen it feels like someone has their hands around it. The guys (officers) keep making fun of me because I sound so scratchy on the radio. I think they keep calling in things for me to run just so they can make fun of my voice!! Meanies!! Then they call me on the phone and say... "hey you sound like crap" yeah... DUH.

Well.. I'm off to find something for dinner so I can take my meds. They make me sick at my tummy if I take them without food!!

I'll see ya'll tomorrow.... We're going to Nashville tomorrow afternoon and staying in the Opryland Hotel tomorrow nite. We're going to see the Rockettes... so I won't be back on until probably Wednesday night. Just warning you so you don't think I fell back under the wagon LOL!!

See Y'all Later!!!
Old 11-25-2002, 07:51 PM   #29  
Sonya

Talking

Hi everybody,

I have stayed on track today...Boy do I feel much better!!!!

Anyone eat pomegranites...I hope they are legal because I love them.

Jack-K--the baby girl now weighs 15 lbs and is very alert and laughing at everything thats done. I will try to post a picture when we get some. I feel much better today.

Melf--I tried to catch u the other nite but I guess u had already signed off yahoo mess. I fell off the wagon and it ran over me and flattened me to a fat crunchy mess...lol Hope to catch u later.

Deb--I have a new email [email protected] the other one I kept getting nasty emails from sex sites and couldn't block them. This one I can block them. Thanks for the incouragement I needed it

265/235/160
5'5 large frame

I did get down to 204 before I got preg and have not lost the baby weight yet, but I am going to....
Old 11-25-2002, 09:47 PM   #30  
SUPER CHICK aka Moderator

Evening All

Thought I'd be able to get in a post tonight but Lauren just walked in the room after me only getting on here for 1 minute and told me she needed the computer for homework, so I'll have to catch up tomorrow!!!!

NITE!

Deb
Closed Thread