Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

View Poll Results: Thanksgiving is almost here, so how do you going to do with TG dinner?
I plan on staying 100% OP 7 21.21%
I plan to have one small indiscretion 4 12.12%
I plan on having a little of whatever I want 13 39.39%
I plan on throwing all caution to the wind, but get right back on track after 4 12.12%
I may turn TG into a 4-day Olympic eating event! 1 3.03%
Can you send me the wagon come Monday? No, not Friday, MONDAY! 0 0%
I may end up looking like a stuffed holiday turkey-HELP! 0 0%
I started my holiday eating when Halloween rolled around--HELP! 1 3.03%
Other (like Canadian) 3 9.09%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 11-30-2002, 03:53 PM   #106  

Height: 5' 7"

Default Howdy ya'll!

Today is better than yesterday. That "fat" feeling came from a horrible tummy bug. Well, part of it..the physical part. The emotional part I think is gonna take some time. I couldn't eat yesterday and have only had a few crackers today..so eating isn't an issue.

Good to see ya Red! You are steadily going down..that is great.

Thanks Deb and Monet for cheering me up yesterday.

Well I need to freeze some leftovers before they go bad. Hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend.

Love,
Crystle
Old 11-30-2002, 03:57 PM   #107  

Wow, it sure is a slow board. I am doing great with my eating although I had a hectic day today. Got up at 7 am to get to the grocery store with 3 kids tagging along. Hubby is away this weekend and I had to go for my main monthly grocery shop. I spent nearly 600 bucks! I am thinking that is because I got some stuff for baking and so on with Christmas coming up. We filled 2 of the large shopping carts and started to work on a third! Thankfully they have parcel pick up. We were there for over 2 hours of *shopping fun* and the kids were pretty good for the most part. However, once home, they were not happy about having to unpack the car and carry it all inside while I was putting it away. Talk about missing hubby at a time like that!

Off to throw the wash in the dryer. Have a good night.
Old 11-30-2002, 05:04 PM   #108  

Well I'm here with head hung low.... I'm off to the detox room after I leave here. I just went plain crazy and ate everything in site and have had an awful time getting back to normal. But am doing well today and hope I continue. But boy do I have a major headache and am blameing sugar withdrawals from that dang pecan pie my sis made me.... Anyway I'm back.... Thank you Debilli for the note it really did help...

GloryIBe- I hope you have the greatest anniversery, congradulations....Sounds like you made it through the day with flying colors. Think you handled it well..

Rosalie- Howdy gal. Hope your Thanksgiving was a good one.

Monet- Sounds like you had a great Thanksgiving. It sure makes it easier if everyone helps.

Bob- Congrads on the 2 lbs. Hope it stays off cause sounds like you sure did well...

Sef- What a wonderful husband you have. That was so neat of him to tell his family to help. Needed that after Thanksgiving humor so thank you...

jred- Good to see you. Your weight is great, you sure are doing well.

CountryMom- Hope you're feeling better.

Gracious-Wow 600. You were really doing the shopping. Sounds like you're busy busy. I agree its awfully slow here today...

Well guess I'm off to the detox dungeon. Need to get me more water.

213/164/130---- I don't dare get on the scale till Wed.
Old 11-30-2002, 09:38 PM   #109  

Well, shoot. I hit a key and lost my quick post. Be careful hitting "shift" with anything.

We had a beautiful day in NTX today. Sunny, not too cold or windy. The tree is up and DD is putting on the lights. We'll get the outside lights up tomorrow. The street will be really cute this year. Our little cul de sac always decorates for Christmas.

Went to a Cajun restaurant, Razoo's, for DD's 18th BD. It's Monday, but since DH is in Amarillo during the week, we celebrated early. You should have seen the waitress look at me when I told her no rice, just the vegetable. Guess what the veg of the day was? CORN!!!! When another girl brought out the meal I asked if there was another vegetable because I don't eat carbs and she asked if I wanted a potato instead. I said "No, it's a carb, too." And she laughed, and lightly punched me on the arm. I got the waitress to make me a salad. But she put croutons on it! They were easy enough to scrape off, though. It was a scream. They tried really hard to make it okay for me. And DD said most kids don't even know what carbs are. The only reason she knows is because of me. I told her they all needed more nutritional education!

Monet: Where are you ordering Agave online? I found some wild agave at Golden Tropical, but am not sure if the glycemic index is the same as the other.

BTW for anyone interested: I was talking to my mom about Agave nectar and she mentioned that a blight had gotten the cactus in Mexico that produces Agave a couple of years ago and that's why the tequila prices went up so. Maybe that's why we are having trouble getting it. She said they had to grow their own cactus that was resistant to the blight.

Well, it's time to get back to the paper I have to turn in on Monday.

Have a great day tomorrow. DECEMBER 1, 2002. Can you believe it?

Jeanie
"Poopsie Bubblekisser"
Old 11-30-2002, 11:11 PM   #110  
Undercover Diva

S/C/G: 242/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

Exclamation UGH!!!!

I BLEW IT!!!

Tuesday we went to Nashville to see the Rockettes Christmas Spectacular (and it sure was spectacular!!! we LOVED it!!!!!!!)
We stayed in the Opryland Hotel which is like a city unto itself. There are so many yummy things to eat... so I ate a little of everything. Let's see.... I cheated with....
Biscuit and Gravy, Hashbrown Casserole, the Cone from my sugar free ice cream (heck I don't even KNOW what that was made of), Broccole Rice Casserole, some Tortilla Chips, a few crackers...
All of this was between Tuesday and Today...so it's not that much cheating when you spread it all out. And it wasn't massive amounts. Just a regular size serving of each... but it did BAD BAD BAD things for the scale!! I don't know what I was on WIW, but today I'm up 3 pounds!@#!@#!@# I did NOT want to see 179 again, and I REFUSE to get to 180. Tonight at work it's gonna be WATER to drink, and chef salad!
Tomorrow is the beginning of a new week, and I WILL be OP!!!! I have until Christmas to be down below 175... it's my new goal and I CAN do it!!

Well I hope everyone had a great holiday. I was gone too long to catch up on the posts, so if I've missed anything important... update me! LOL!!

I will say that one thing I'm very thankful for this season is all of YOU! It sure helps to have someone to 'talk' to when the going gets rough!!!

Love Y'all!!
Old 12-01-2002, 12:00 AM   #111  

BETH: I stayed at the Opryland Hotel for a conference a few years ago...wow! It is incredible isn't it? We had meals in one of the huge ballrooms, and the food was so good! You sound like you did pretty well. Just jump right back on program, and you will be fine.

JRED: I ordered agave from St Pat's. They only sell it in 12 pound pails, but I thought it would be worth it. I think the Wild Agave is about the same as the Blue Agave. That is all I have been able to find. I think the agave from St. Pats is blue, but I am not sure.
Old 12-01-2002, 07:42 AM   #112  

TONI- I thought I would send greetings to you in the detox dungeon, you poor soul! I have been eating on plan wonderfully myself but today is a Senior's Christmas Dinner I have to attend as wife of a local Pastor. It will be a standard turkey dinner but I know it would be nice to eat the whole thing, dessert and all...we shall see. In any case, just wanted to say hello because I miss seeing you on the board. Have a great weekend and hopefully it will be OP for you!
Old 12-01-2002, 09:41 AM   #113  

Hey Beth.....you and I can start detox tomorrow!!
I really need to get back on track!!
The first week is soooo hard. Some how I need to make it through.
Last night I the scale was at 150, I've been in the 140's for a month or two.
Old 12-01-2002, 12:09 PM   #114  
Goddess

Thumbs down Sunday Morning

Hello all!

I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving! Mine was great. I did go ahead and leave Tuesday--it was a tough and painful drive--but I decided that I needed a day to rest between travel and Thanksgiving ( I am the cook). Each day the back is a little better so I think the trip home will be fine tomorrow.

Did OK with T-giving eating. The only cheat was the apple pie. I couldn't get me SGWW crust to work--so I finally gave in and used the Pillsbury AllReady pie crust. The filling was sugar free as I used Agave, wwflour, apple pie spice and butter. IT was great! So I'm calling it a minor cheat.

Belle has been traumatized this week. First was the trip in the car--then she spent two solid days hiding from the 7 noisy people in the house. Now that there is just three of us here she is fine. She's going to love getting back into the car tomorrow.

I hope everyone is having a good week. I tried to read the board, but it has been far too busy since Monday. I'll catch up with everyone next week.

Susan
Old 12-01-2002, 01:57 PM   #115  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

AFTERNOON EVERY BUDDY!!

WATER MAIN BROKE NEXT DOOR....trying to get everthing to do with water done before they shut it off!...almost done with the laundry, then skeeter needs a bath, I better go ahead and take mine just in case there isn't any water in the morning! UCK!!!

SUSAN...glad you had a good time, but I'm curious...who is the third body in your house???

I'll be back later...

BOB
Old 12-01-2002, 06:33 PM   #116  
SUPER CHICK aka Moderator

(I wrote some of the following last night)

Evening All

Thought I'd better get on here before you thought I was MIA for the day

Went to a bunch of garage sales today, was surprised to see so many out there, most of which weren't advertised in any paper. Not that there was much out there, but of course I did manage to spend a few dollars. Got a great ALL-CLAD fry pan for a buck Looks almost brand new.

CHRIS, glad to see you back posting on the board. It's hard for many to get back on track after falling off the wagon, but you'll do it, as many of us have. Coming to the board as often as possible helps, staying away doesn't. Lucky for you you haven't gained, so try to get back on track now before it catches up with you. We've all been through this before and totally understand what your going through as far as the WOE goes. You can do it, we know that but most of all, YOU know that

MONET, interesting sounding that Yorkshire pudding! Is it considered a dessert? The compact flash cards I got will only end up costing me $9.99, there's a $20 rebate on each one So, maybe you should run to CIRCUIT CITY with the BEST BUY ad and see if they will honor it like I did, then do the rebate.

BOB, called around 7ish, you must be on the phone/computer yacking away. Will try you tomorrow when we are out and about.

GLORY, how was your weekend? Romantic, I hope! Details!!! Well, some details, not all

SUNDAY

Hey ALL!

Wasn't able to get on the computer and finish my post from last night, so picking up where I left off!

JRED, glad to see your post! It's good to know you are continuing to do well on plan. Hope to see you more on the board, you know, we always miss you when you go MIA for a whle Your DM is correct on the agave and it being so hard to get because of what happened in Mexico.

MONET, I don't use Splenda at all, hate the stuff. I think for many, at least I know for me, I don't think the agave is worth using to sweeten a drink, too expensive and for me I have to use too much. I much prefer the stevia. To comment on your agave statement, St Pats, if they are telling you it's blue, they are lying, you can no longer get any blue abd what they have is going to be wild. There is a difference between the two as far as the GI goes. Blue had a GI of 11 whereas the wild has a GI of 39.

COUNTRY, glad to know you are feeling better, we all get that "fat feeling" sometimes, for one reason or another.

GRACIOUS, I just about passed out where I saw you post that you spent almost $600 dollars on groceries! Is that for an entire month? I sure hope so! I couldn't imagine spending that kind of money, I'd pass out from fright if I saw those kinds of numbers. Lucky for me today we went by an Alberstons and they were tripling coupons, something we never see down here, not even doubling. I got $33 worth of groceries for $13. Wish they did it more often!

TONI, glad to hear you are back on plan. Don't think there's a one of us on the board who haven't been were you are, so we all understand. Too bad we don't remember how crappy we tend to feel when this happens so it deters us from doing it again. I guess it's like having a kid, hurts like all heck but we do it again-as if we like pain!!!! Stay strong, you'll get through it!!!!

BETH, glad you had a good time a Opryland. I'm sure you'll get back on track. I swore I'd never go above 130 and I did, but luckily I caught myself and got back down, and you will too! Stay determined and you'll see your Xmas goal, but IF you don't, don't forget, anything lower than you are now is a Xmas present to yourself in itself!

FILLISE, glad to hear you're back, safe and sound. Sounds like you had a nice time. How's the back feeling now? Like BOB asked, who's the third wheel in the house?

BOB, tried calling you a few times, busy, busy, busy...

Well, I was able to get in my walk//jog this morning, which gave me 5 days this week, not too bad. Took me 50:57 today, not great but not all that bad either.

ELI was off today so we headed up to Broward for a little bit, not long as he had to go in to work this evening.

Scale made me happy today, was a tad under 128, so we'll call it that.

I know I have other stuff to tell you guys, but I plumb out just forgot (senior moment I guess). Oh well!

Will be back tomorrow morning to start the new board, until then, have a great evening!!!

{{{HUGS}}}

Debbie
194/128/129
SB since 3/22/00
Reached goal 6/10/01
Old 12-01-2002, 07:42 PM   #117  

DEBELLI- If you think that YOU almost passed out when you saw the 600 dollar number how do you think I felt?!?! lol It is terrible but groceries here in New Brunswick are much more expensive than they were in Ontario...but I have gotten used to it. When you girls quote some of the prices you pay in the usa here on the board I just about die and think how I would love to be getting bargains like that. However, with the exchange rate, standard of living, medicare and all that I am supposing it all equals out in the end...or at least that is what I am telling myself!

I do one major shopping at the beginning of the month then do weekly stops for milk, fresh produce and stuff that I have forgotten. In the end I probably spend somewhere between 600-800 dollars a month on food. We also have quite a bit of vegetables in storage & the freezer ( potatoes, squash, beans, etc. ) given to us from families in the church from their gardens so that is helpful along with our own garden. My 3 kids are real eaters even though they are only 8,6 and 4. Other people can't believe the amount they eat when they visit or have us over for a meal. Most young kids eat a spoon of this or that but mine devour everything in sight. I lovingly refer to them as the vultures from time to time!! Mind you, they are all thin and very active and I do try to give them good, healthy food.

Enough babbling, I better go.
Old 12-01-2002, 07:44 PM   #118  

Oh yeah, I have never seen a store give double, never mind triple coupons!! I would love that cause I use them whenever I can.
Closed Thread