Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

View Poll Results: Thanksgiving is almost here, so how do you going to do with TG dinner?
I plan on staying 100% OP 7 21.21%
I plan to have one small indiscretion 4 12.12%
I plan on having a little of whatever I want 13 39.39%
I plan on throwing all caution to the wind, but get right back on track after 4 12.12%
I may turn TG into a 4-day Olympic eating event! 1 3.03%
Can you send me the wagon come Monday? No, not Friday, MONDAY! 0 0%
I may end up looking like a stuffed holiday turkey-HELP! 0 0%
I started my holiday eating when Halloween rolled around--HELP! 1 3.03%
Other (like Canadian) 3 9.09%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 11-29-2002, 10:16 AM   #91  

ROSALIE: I have made Yorkshire pudding with whole wheat pastry flour, and it was pretty good. Maybe sometime when you want a special meal, you can try it and see if you like it with the whole wheat! It was my favorite meal as a child too, and I find it hilarious to see the way my kids act when I make it now! My son had the platter on his plate as we were all coming to the table yesterday!
Old 11-29-2002, 10:51 AM   #92  

Height: 5' 7"

Default Today is whiny day..

If ya don't wanna hear me whine...run quick...today is whiny day. I have put on several pounds and I feel fat. I haven't felt fat in such a long time. I hate feeling like I'm destined to be fat. I know the reasons and how to resolve them. Ugh..the hard part is just doing it.

Well, I'm off to drink my water and quit whining. Hope everyone has a great weekend.

Love,
Crystle
Old 11-29-2002, 11:37 AM   #93  

Good Friday Morning to all

It's a crisp day here, We are looking forward to doing the christmas shopping today. As tomorrow DH and I are going to a hotel to celebrate our 24th Anniv. and we've never been alone in a hotel room sence our wedding night We going to Red lobster for dinner and then back to the room It's like planning a wedding night all over again.

Thanksgiving was good, Mom behaved surprise surprise, of course she spent most of it in the bath room showering and dressing while I cooked I even came late on purpose so everything would be done. Well guess it didn't work. As soon as dinner was over she was back in the bathroom doing who knows what. came out in nightgown and robe, after dinner was put away and dinner was over and the dishes were done She did try with the dinner she made a wonderfull sweetpotatoe casserole that was made with Splenda and then used real brown sugar on it. Yuck! man was it sweet. She made us a SF pumpkin pie it was good. I guess we got lucky.

I made salads we could eat, there were no snide remarks made now maybe when christmas eve comes she will remember all the work that goes into doing this and be nice. One can but hope

Denise: thanks for the good thoughts, I'm right back on track, I love that I had a loss, it was such a surprise to me.

Deb: Not bad as I thought, In fact I think you changed my additude to where it went easier for all of us, thanks, I'm actually looking forward to christmas eve who know maybe we'll get through Dec in peace. I'm praying so.

Hope everyone had a good Thanksgiving, and if ya didn't don't worry about were back on program and going strong, were all hear for each other. love to all Glory
Old 11-29-2002, 12:09 PM   #94  

Monet - It's been ages since I have even THOUGHT about yorkshire pudding, but now I want some. I think I have a roast in the freezer, maybe I will have it on the weekend with some kale or brussels sprouts. Yum Yum. Thanks for the tip. When you make yours do you make one big one or do you make them in a muffin pan? That is the last way I recall making them.

Marie.
Old 11-29-2002, 01:23 PM   #95  

I just had a piece of Deb's pumpkin pie for 'lunch'. I justified it because it is pumpkin, a vegetable..right? It tastes even better cold! I was so taken with the pie, I ordered a LOT of agave online today.

ROSALIE: I make one big one, in a 9x12 pan. I tried once to make them in a muffin tin, and they did not 'pop up' like I thought they should. It could have been me though! After I make it in the 9x12 pan, I cut it into about 12 pieces. If I was going to make it for just my husband, daughter and me, I would use a smaller pan and make less. I think my recipe actually calls for a 9 inch square pan.

GLORY: I am so glad you got through the holiday and your mom in what sounds like a better fashion then you expected! I snickered about her staying in the bathroom getting dressed while you cooked. Sounds like a few members of MY family! Like my 16 year old daughter and her brother. My son in law, the chef, jumped right in when he got here, garnishing dishes and helping, his wife, my older daughter had helped all afternoon, and my husband and I were slaving away. The 16 yr old and her brother were downstairs playing Nintendo! When I told them they had to clean off the table, I thought they would drop from shock!

COUNTRY: All you have to do is drink a lot of water, and eat really light. Once you get really hungry again, that fat feeling will go away.

DEB: Happy Chanukah to you and yours...
Old 11-29-2002, 01:37 PM   #96  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

AFTERNOON EVERY BUDDY!!!!

It's time for BOB'S MOVIE PICKS OF THE WEEK!!

SUNSHINE STATE.....SUCKS!!!! NO HUMOR AT ALL...wasn't at all what I thought it would be...

LIFE OR SOMETHING LIKE IT
PRESSURE
HARVARD MAN
WALK TO REMEMBER
SHOWTIME

Skeeter is tucked away on his pillow, I've already put the eggs on to boil, and ALREADY FORGOTTEN ABOUT THEM UNTIL I HEARD THE EXPLOSION!!! Oh well, I'll fix somemore...YUK!!!

I'm settling down for the marathon above...been to the grocery, picked up the daily markdowns in the RED MEAT department.

I did pretty well yesterday, I did eat some of everything (except bread), but didn't clean my plate (questions from everyone on that one!)..had a WONDERFUL day with all the family..traffic wasn't too bad down to Naples, but a little crowded coming back.
Kate did well...resting with her feet up today..

The scale was down two pounds this morning, but maybe the lunch hasn't registered yet..I'll check tomorrow on that..

Hope everyone had a good one, and a good weekend ahead.

I'll let you know about the rest of the movies...

BOB
Old 11-29-2002, 01:41 PM   #97  
sef

HiedieHo All!!

I hope you all had a nice Thanksgiving. Ours was very nice. I made the Eggnog that Denise posted and it was very good. She posted two, I made the one w/o evaporated milk.The only real no-no I had was rutabaga.

MONET: How nice that you were able to donate your hair. I didn't say I had made the Pecan Pie w/ agave. I just said I didn't see why you couldn't.

THUNDER: Ah the differences in life! In PA Dutch you didn't make dumplings you made Bot Pie (Pot Pie). Dumplings are a biscuity dough that is dropped by the spoonful on top of the boiling chicken and broth. My MIL and I used to always have the discussion about dumplings vs pot pie! Good loss!

DEB: PP should freeze very well.

TRANQUIL: ONLY 15 miles over the limit!?!

GLORY: One of my SILs always acted like a quee at a family dinner. When we hosted our first Thanksgiving dinner, she and my Mom sat down afterwards to relax. My DH went into the living room and told everyone, "Shirley did all the preparations and cooking, now she gets to sit down, so move yourselves out to the kitchen and get busy!" They were so shocked they did!

Today is FF:

PREGNANT AND ROBBED

A woman pregnant with triplets was walking down the street, when a
masked robber runs out of a bank and shoots her three times in the
stomach.

Luckily the babies are okay! The surgeon decides to leave the bullets in because it was too risky to operate.. The woman had two healthy girls and a healthy son.

All went fine for 16 years, until one day, one of the daughters burst into her room in tears. "What's wrong?" asks the mother.

"I was taking a pee, and this bullet came out." replied the daughter.

The mother tells her that its okay, and explains to her what happened sixteen years ago.

A week later, the second daughter runs into her room in tears. "Mom, I was taking a pee, and this bullet came out. "Again the mother tells her daughter not to worry and explains what happened sixteen years ago.

A week later, her son came into her room in tears. "Its okay!" says the mom. "I know what happened. . .you were taking a pee, and a bullet came out.

"No." says the boy. "I was playing with myself, and I shot the dog."

Social Security Sex

__________ Two women were talking. "So, how's your sex life?"
________ "Oh, nothing special. I'm having Social Security sex,"

_________ "Social Security sex?"

_________ "Yeah, you know: I get a little each month, but not enough
___________ to live on!"

"What I mean is," explained the recorder, "do you have job, or are you
just a .....?"

"Of course I have a job," snapped Emily. "I'm a mother."

"We don't list 'mother' as an occupation...'housewife' covers it,"
said the recorder emphatically.

I forgot all about her story until one day I found myself in the same
situation, this time at our own Town Hall. The Clerk was obviously a
career woman, poised, efficient, and possessed of a high-sounding
title like "Official Interrogator" or "Town Registrar."

"What is your occupation?" she probed.

What made me say it, I do not know. The words simply popped out.
"I'm a Research Associate in the field of Child Development and Human Relations."

The clerk paused, ball-point pen frozen in midair, and looked up as
though she had not heard right. I repeated the title slowly, emphasizing
the most significant words. Then I stared with wonder as my pronouncement was written in bold, black ink on the official questionnaire.

"Might I ask," said the clerk with new interest, "just what you do in
your field?"

Coolly, without any trace of fluster in my voice, I heard myself
reply, "I have a continuing program of research (what mother doesn't) in the laboratory and in the field (normally I would have said indoors and
out).

I'm working for my Masters (the whole darned family) and already
have four credits (all daughters). Of course, the job is one of the
most demanding in the humanities (any mother care to disagree)? and I often work 14 hours a day (24 is more like it). But the job is more
challenging than most run-of-the-mill careers and the rewards are more of a satisfaction rather than just money."

There was an increasing note of respect in the clerk's voice as she
completed the form, stood up, and personally ushered me to the door.

As I drove into our driveway, buoyed up by my glamorous new career, I
was greeted by my lab assistants - ages 13, 7, and 3. Upstairs I could
hear our new experimental model (6 months) in the child-development
program, testing out a new vocal pattern.

I felt triumphant! I had scored a beat on bureaucracy! And I had gone
on the official records as someone more distinguished and
indispensable to mankind than "just another mother."

Motherhood...what a glorious career. Especially when there's a title
on the door.

Does this make grandmothers "Senior Research Associates in the field of Child Development and Human Relations" and great grandmothers "Executive Senior Research Associates"? I think so!!!

I also think it makes aunts "Associate Research Assistants."

Okay have to go join the family. Kids took today off, GD is off from school and DILs parents are here.

Take care all.

Shirley
Old 11-29-2002, 02:57 PM   #98  
SUPER CHICK aka Moderator

Afternoon Everyone

Just got home after dropping Michael off at THE PALACE (assisted living facility for the very well off) where he does community service. Lauren and I had about 2 hours to kill before I had to drop her off to work on a group project so I decided to see if I could get in to the computer store, COMPUSA, found a spot right in front and wasn't anywhere near as bad as I thought it was going to be. Looked at the COMPAQ that I was going to buy a few weeks ago, Mgr. said he's honor the price, then tells me that the price is up, yadda, yadda, yadda and more BS but then tells me he could give it to me for another $81 (plus more tax of course) more. Told him I'd decide and let him know. Then went to see if Circuit City right down the street would be just as easy to get in to, which it was. They had a HP computer on sale that I went to see, not that I know anything at all about computers except how to wipe off the entire hard drive-TWICE, and to get on them. Anyhow, called DM and she met us there, since it's her gift to us and we ended up buying the HP. Actually, there was only a few dollar price difference after they give you a $100 gift card to use later, which my DM used to get a monitor for my DS, so, even though it's not out of the box yet (I'll look for a couple weeks, just to make sure this is what we want), we will have a new computer come the New Year

And, then I saw an ad for BEST BUY for the COMPACT FLASH that my digital camera, which hasn't even been out of the box and that I got for Xmas last year, but vow to start using. They had the 128mb cards on sale for $29.99, so I ran back in to CC and asked if they'd honor it, which the guy tells me "YES". THEN I see that they have a $20 rebate! He hesitantly rung up the 3 that I bought seperately so I could get a $20 rebate on each one (limit one per household), so I will end up paying $9.99 plus whatever tax. Considering these are $69.99, I don't think I did too bad

Dropped by the HFS to pick up an item or two, dropped by SB to say "HI" to ELI and then came home. Didn't want to drive around with the computer in the car, there's been too many thefts and theives are looking for goodies in the cars today. May go back out a little later, there's a couple things I need to see if they have at Target. Was not as bad as I thought it would be out there-thankfully so!

ROSALIE, glad to hear you had a good night's sleep last night. Hope I can say that one day soon myself, don't know what's gotten in to me lately that I keep waking up at these ridiculous hours! I'm surprised the stores don't open earlier there, down here stores were opening at 5am, but most at 6am with people waiting in lines to get in a and spend, spend, spend. Hope you had a good shopping day! Yes, it was hard to resist those cookies, but I did I can have them another time, just not right now, I really would like to get back in to my cushion area, and besides, I really was okay with eating the PP I made. I too won't bother with canne cranberry sauce again, less than 10 minutes and it's done AND it's eay, not to mention delicious as well!

MONET, THANKS SO MUCH for the e-card, that was so sweet of you to send it!!! Okay, so what's Yorkshire pudding. I learned about SPOTTED DICK from ROSALIE one year, now you can explain YP to me! I took your lead and also had a 2oz piece of the pie after lunch-YUMMY!

COUNTRY, girl, whine all you want! Remember, us women are proud members of the PISS & MOAN CLUB year round! I think there will be other whiners as well, you can just lead the group

GLORY, woooo girl! Sounds like a night of passion is in store tomorrow! HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!! Go enjoy yourselves!!! You deserve it! Glad to hear TG went well at your Mom's. Just stay strong and remember that you and your feelings are #1! If you don't stop this now it will never stop and like my GM has done, is now starting with Lauren, which I won't allow in front of me. She's tried saying things behind her back to my parents and I hear from my DM that my Dad land blasted her. Like I said, it's her loss, not mine! Sad to say, for her, but when she leaves this world, of course, it will be a loss, but I won't feel anything as near as I would if she had treated me with some dignity and respect-again, her loss, not mine!!! See, she's the kind of person who you'd think the last living breath out of her would be about someone's weight! Said, but probably true!

BOB, are you going to be around this weekend, thought I'd give you a buzz if you will, LMK! I don't think I've heard of any of those movies that you've mentioned, are they older ones? My Aunt made eggs and forgot them, went in to town, came back to find eggs all over the ceiling and the house stinking!!!!! Hope SKEETER ran for cover!!! LOL!!

SEF, thanks for posting the FF! I sent two of them off to my DM. Okay, excuse my stupidity and laziness for not looking it up, but is rutabaga a fruit or a veggie? That's one I've never had before!

Okay, well, I'm going to go. I have to p/u Lauren at 4pm, so I may go kill an hour somewhere along the way. Will check in later this evening with you all.

{{{HUGS}}}

Debbie
194/129/129
SB since 3/22/00
Reached goal 6/10/01
Old 11-29-2002, 03:08 PM   #99  

Hello everyone, well I have been thinking about posting hear for nearly two weeks....Basically I have fallen and I can't get up.
My weight is holding, but I have not been eating 100% SB.
I am holding at 147.
I feel bad posting on here because I can't seem to keep up with you guys. .

I hope you all had a great Thankgiving. I did ok....didn't pig out, but had a few no no's.

I took second place in the gingerbread contest I entered. My son also won second place in his category. He won 50.00, for a 10 year old that is pretty exciting.

Hope you are all doing well, I am going to try to visit more often!

Chris

Last edited by chrisb1022; 11-29-2002 at 03:13 PM.
Old 11-29-2002, 04:15 PM   #100  

DEB: Yorkshire pudding is made with flour, milk and eggs. The batter is poured into a hot pan with drippings from a roast, then cooked. It puffs up and gets brown and crispy. In the Yorkshire area of England, a pudding was served with a roast. It is best with gravy poured over it. My mother used to fix it for my British grandfather, and it became a family favorite. I can be made with ww pastry flour, so it is can be technically legal. If you ever care to try it, let me know and I will post the recipe. That $29 for a compact flash card is a really great price. I have a 48mg I got for about $30 and THAT was a great deal! You did really well! In fact, it makes me want to run to Best Buy and try and get one for me! For my camera, a 128mg card will hold about 200 pix, so you are set!

BOB: I let eggs boil dry once, and they were awful! You have given me a taste for egg salad now...

SEF: I will try making a pecan pie with agave, and let you know how it turns out. I agree..it ought to work fine! I enjoyed the jokes!

CHRIS: Congrats on winning second place in the gingerbread competition! I haven't made gingerbread houses for years...I may have to do that!
Old 11-29-2002, 05:03 PM   #101  

IT'S BOB AGAIN!!!

DEB....KEEP THE HP...I LOVE MINE...and with the extra memory, you're set!
Yes, I'll be around, but don't you DARE call while my ballgame is on...TENNESSEE vs KENTUCKY BOB vs JACKIE

MONET...You WOULDN'T want these eggs..there was a burned place through to the center of each!
Egg salad does sound good though..I've got NO leftovers since I didn't cook here yesterday.

WHERE IS EVERYONE TODAY????

BOB
Old 11-29-2002, 09:16 PM   #102  

Good Evening

Just a quickie, I won't be on tomorrow, As i'm going to be busy with DH I hope I'm not expecting to much after all it's been 24yrs and we do get into a rut, Although Hubby says he is sure he'll be able to leave the rut at home, Sounds like I'm in for some long deserved fun WooHoo

BOB: I can't believe I did the exact same thing on Wed. Even snugglebug turned her nose up to the eggs Yuck!

Monet: Yes thanksgiving was a success, and I'm really surprised I was read for a horror of an evening, Mom is really a very inconciderate, mannipulateing, judgemental person, It's her way or no way. And don't get me started on the weight, She's never had a weight problem in her life and has 3fat kids Wonder Why
Well thanks for the good thoughts . I didn't mean to get on a soap box. She just gets me started some times Have a good evening.

Deb: Keep your I'm definately hoping for a R
Rated evening. Well I will get back to you all on Sunday.

Have a good Wk End Love to all Glory
Old 11-29-2002, 10:07 PM   #103  

Default Guess Who Didn't Fall off the Face of the Earth?

Yes, I am still here. It's really good to see all of you ladies here on the Board. I've been so busy, I haven't even had time to come and read. I did catch up on this week's posts and see some new names. Welcome!

I got Deb's email and knew I was one of those absent from duty. I chatted with Thunder Wednesday morning for a bit before heading to the grocery store to shop for our dinner.

I've been on program all this time. And I did allow myself a few indulgences yesterday. I ate some cornbread dressing and a teeny, tiny slice of chocolate cake. I cooked a turkey, third one in my life! And we had a nice little dinner just before the Cowboys/Redskins kickoff.

I am still losing slowly and am not too discouraged. I had a couple of nights last week in which I consumed some white wine. We started a bunko group at school and had a blast. Drank more than I have in quite a while. Last Saturday I attended the wedding of a former co-worker and had just one glass that evening. But there were more carbs served than I needed. I didn't go overboard, so the scales haven't reacted enough to make me want to throw them out the window.

DH is still working in Amarillo and enjoys it tremendously. He likes the laid back, cowboy atmosphere.

The DDs and I are holding down the fort here, busy as ever. This time of year is so hectic that I think I'm having a nervous breakdown by Christmas. Oldest DD is performing in The Nutcracker next weekend and will be busy at rehearsals every night. Younger DD will have a gymnastics skills meet in a couple of weeks so she's working out after school two days a week. And my last class in Monday night YAAAAAYYYYYY!!

And next semester I have to take two courses. It'll be interesting to see our schedule. We will meet every Monday night, one class every other week.

Monet: I'm glad to see you are on the mend. Take it easy, though.

LDBlond: I'm thinking about you and hope you get some relief.

Sonya: It was good talking to you. You caught me home because we had the day off for Thanksgiving. The kids were off all week, but we had staff development Monday and Tuesday.

Tina: Are you busy with Christmas shows? Our select ensemble has about 5 programs betweeen now and the holidays. We stay very busy!!

I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving and enjoy the weekend. We did tiny bit of shopping, but not for Christmas, the girls said they needed some sweaters. Pre-Christmas, I guess.

Later, Ladies!!

Jeanie
196/152/130
Old 11-30-2002, 11:01 AM   #104  

Wow, the board sure is slow! I guess everyone is out shopping!

I slept until ten this morning, then ate oatmeal for breakfast. I am thinking of trying to get off the Splenda entirely, and see if it makes a difference. I can use agave in my tea. Anyone use it in coffee?

I plan to laze around today, and rest. Tuesday, I go to the doctor for another check up. I imagine it will be the last one for the mono. Next week is the last week I am supposed to be vegging...yay! I have done some Christmas shopping online, but I have so much to do! I am going to plan carefully so I can pace myself. I dread getting a tree and decorating! It is so much fun, until January 2, and time to take it down!

Well, I am going to go veg. I sure hope everyone is doing ok and having fun!
Old 11-30-2002, 03:25 PM   #105  

ATERNOON EVERY BUDDY!!!

It's a BEAUTIFUL DAY on the WEST COAST OF FLA!!!!

BOB IS LOVING THIS BALL GAME!!!! SORRY JACKIE!!! I thought it would be a
close game.

I'll be back after the game...Heard from the FEARLESS LEADER this morning, but I was on my way out the door. She is supposed to call me back later..

Have a good one....EVERYONE TUNE IN TO THE FL-FL STATE GAME
8p.m. TONIGHT!!!!

BOB
Closed Thread