Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

Closed Thread

Old 04-01-2002, 01:58 PM   #16  
Bustin' Buddy

Hey girls!

It's so nice to be able to check the board in the middle of the day! I wish I didn't have to work!!!

SOL: I was hoping that you hadn't forgotten about me! I figured that you've been busy! Just put it in the mail when you have time my friend!

FILLISE: I too love chinese food! You know this week is gonna be rough on me because I'm off of school and I usually have lunch with my friends that don't work - you know - the ones that are married to doctors! HAHA! Well, chinese is usually done one day of the week! I just love the buffet! Oh well, I'll just have to stay away!

ADRONSGIRL: I love the wedding ring story. When I got married - I wore a 5 1/2 and I had to have them enlarged to a 7. Now - I can probably wear a 6 or 6 1/2 - so I am also looking forward to downsizing!

QUIVONDRA: Girl - I'm sure those truffles didn't hurt you one bit! I saw that pic of you that you posted and you could afford to eat a few more truffles!!!! You look great!

MEL: Thanks for the info on your visit with DEB - I would love to meet her! Glad y'all had a good time!

TONI: The dentist visit wasn't bad at all - just went for my cleaning. I don't have any problems going to the dentist - but my hubby can't stand it - he is scared to death! They would have to knock him out if he went! So - he doesn't go - he will wake up one day with no teeth!!!

JACK-K: Hope your back feels better really soon! I hate when my back hurts - every little move you make is like a stabbing pain! Take care of yourself!

OK - gotta get off the computer so that the phone line isn't busy. I'm waiting for Ford to call and let me know what's wrong with my vehicle!

Missy aka Snotty Bubblebiscuit
284/258.5/170
Old 04-01-2002, 02:13 PM   #17  
Little Engine That Could

Hello all. This is my "weekly" post. I try to get in at the first of the week when it is not so hard to keep up with things.

Congrats, Rosalie, for getting the board up and running this week. You computer genius, you.

Sol--I know what you mean about the heat. Right now, walking in the early morning is not too bad. But I know that you are probably already in your car driving across town to your job. Keep up the good work. I know you will do awesome at the marathon. Will you be running or walking when it comes around? Is Vince gonna enter it too?

We had company since Thursday. My DS and her dh, and then my father and his wife and her grandson. My other ds and her dh and all their kids and assorted bf's and gf's. So it was a little "Zoo-ish" around here. We had family over for dinner 2 of the last 4 nights, and we also had to entertain them during the day. They are not the self-entertained type, unfortunately. I have to say that it was very stressful, and my " paternal parental-unit" was a royal PITB.

We had a Passover Seder meal of sorts on Thursday night. My BIL is Jewish, although non-practicing. But I wanted him to have a seder if at all possible, so I fixed charoses, chopped liver, brisket with tzimmes, and Passover nut cake with fruit on top. We did a little of the Haggadah, but I think my dh and I were the only ones who knew anything about it--and we are Gentiles! The food was good, though, and I did not over do it.

We had roasted veggies, salad, and grilled fish for the other meal for our guests. So I stayed pretty good this weekend, except for yesterday.
After church we went to an afternoon party, and I had a small piece of cheesecake (non-Sb) and a couple of Choc. chip cookies and several other non-dietetic items. Not a good eating day for me.

But, as Fillise said, today is a new day. So here we go!

Have a great week, everyone. I hope you have a good SB success this week.
Old 04-01-2002, 02:56 PM   #18  

Hi again

I appreciate the compliments about to-day's MM message but I have to let you know it is Deb's message that I posted for her as she is away. I don't want to take credit for someone else's work

Sol - I haven't tried the bran muffins yet. I am trying to keep away from baking for now, at least until I get a few more pounds off. I haven't even made the Almond Granola since I returned home with the agave as I always eat too much. The cheesecake, yes I had some for breakfast and will probably have more for a snack this afternoon. At least it is low carb even if it is high fat. I'm o.k with that as it is the carbs that usually do me in. If any is left it will be part of my breakfast in the morning. You may have missed my post form a couple of days ago when I asked if you had received my e-mail. I sent it about ten days ago with a falafel recipe. Just wondering. You can send some of that heat up this way if you like. We've had a couple of fairly mild days but to-day there is 2-4 inches of snow in the forecast.

Adronsgirl - WTG on those lost inches. They are just as important, if not more so, than the pounds. Have fun with the water aerobics.

Jack-K - Sounds like you had a busy weekend, catering to 20 people. Hope your back is better soon.

Gotta go.

Marie.
Old 04-01-2002, 05:00 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Hi Gang,
Just ducking in trying to keep up.

Rosalie, I agree with you on Deb's cheesecake. I made mine in muffins this time. They were soo pretty and brown when I took them out of the oven, and then the middle just fell in. I was so disappointed, but they still tasted good. I was hoping my making them muffins I could control the portions. I'm trying for only 1 a day or less. They are good. Next time I make it I am using the oatbran pretzels for the crust.

WTG Gracious on not eating that candy. I'm with you, It's not worth it. I want to lose this weight more than I need that piece of candy. But I'm not a chocolate person anyway. Give me a bag of potato chips.

Adrons Girl, Hope your Mary Kay job works out. I know several people that make a good living selling it. That's awesome about your rings. It's a good feeling when things start getting bigger. Just be careful not to loose them.
Water aerobics sounds like fune. I really need to do that since I have arthritis and it would be better on my knees. WTG On losing the inches. Keep up the good work and you will get to goal soon.

Yellowrose, I find the pretzels in Kroger in the health food section, where they carry the sweet potatoe chips.

Solshine, Boy am I jealous that you walk 9 miles. I am dragging at the end of 3. I keep thinking I will increase it but finding time is the problem. Also, my DH walks with me usually and he walks slower than I would like. I would like to better my time before I increase my miles. WTG. You will be mready for the marathon soon. I wish we had some of that heat you have, but not `10.
I have gotten used to eating my hamburger w/o buns, but a bun would be great sometime especially if we go out to eat.

Gatorgal, How thoughful of you to fix the sedar meal for your BIL. I hope he appreciated it.

Have a great night all.

Jackie
Old 04-01-2002, 06:07 PM   #20  

Hi everyone!

Just thought I would check in since it has been a while. Well, I finally hit the ol' 30 pound mark a couple days ago. Some days I feel as though I am really making progress... other days, I still feel as fat as I was 30 pounds ago even though I have lost so much! I know it's mental or whatever, but that doesn't make it any easier sometimes. Well I have dropped a couple sizes in the waist, and all of my belts are too big for me. That sure is a nice feeling. I try to break up my long term goal in units of 5 pounds. So my next goal is 35 pounds then 40, etc. I do that so I dont get overwhelmed with the "big" picture or I get discouraged. Oh, the SB way of eating is starting to become automatic now. I went to my aunt's house for Easter dinner and I had no problem avoiding the no-no foods. I still cant believe I have had NO chocolate in close to 4 months! I actually look forward to a salad now. Never imagined that would be case. In fact, for dinner tonight I am having pork tenderloin, fresh streamed green beans, half a sweet potato with butter, and a small salad with v & o dressing and a small glass of wine. YUM... oh I also got 5 gallons of agave nectar today! WOOOT! I soooo love that stuff hehe. Well, bye for now, and I wish everyone continued success.
Old 04-01-2002, 06:16 PM   #21  

Congradulations!! You should be so proud. I love your menu... Way to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
Old 04-01-2002, 06:18 PM   #22  
Bustin' Buddy

Me again!

GATOR: Hey my friend! Nice to see you for your weekly visit to the board! Sounds like you had quite the commotion going on at your house!!! Glad you made it through!

DARAMUS: Congrats on the 30 pound mark!! That's great! I know what you mean about losing that much but still feel like your old self. I lose and I feel better inside but I look in the mirror and I could just vomit! I like the 5 pound at a time thing - much better than saying - 30 down - 85 more to go!! HAHA!

Ok - my niece should be here soon! Talk to y'all tomorrow!!

Missy aka Snotty Bubblebiscuit
284/258.5/170
Old 04-01-2002, 06:53 PM   #23  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

Default YEA!!!!! ONE YEAR FOR BOB!!!!!!

EVENING EVERY BUDDY!!!!

TODAY is ONE YEAR OF NO SMOKING FOR BOB !!!!!
I feel great, I can breathe a lot better....funny...I never knew that I wasn't breathing good...
With that behind me, I now know that I'm not going to fail...I will now totally focus on my weight!

GLad to hear that everyone had a good EASTER.

POOCH....was your DH on the boat that came in the other day?
I saw all the wives and children there to meet the ship when she docked, but didn't know who to look for so I just blew everyone a kiss!

FRUIT....CONGRATS MY FRIEND!!!! Look at you....almost 30 POUNDS!!!! I'm proud of you...PLEASE don't think you're getting THE JOY OF COOKING when you get those recipes..they are just a few of my favs...lots of different chicken wing selections.

MEL...so glad you had a good time...I went all those places with Deb too...wasn't that salad good...that dressing is the best! Did she even let you sniff those chips???? She wouldn't even let them bring them out when I was there

FROG ..thanks so much for what I found in my email this morning....please scratch DIXIE and the Kitty for me...Hope your GM did ok over the holiday...she's in my thought.

MARIE...GREAT JOB on starting the board. Hope you had a good dinner Saturday with the family..

SOL...MALTED EGGS????? Hope you and Vince had a good holiday. Please tell him hello for me..

SKEETER BREAK!!!!

OH MY....there were two ladies walking that asked me if I wanted to sell her a puppy when my dog had the litter!!! I politely told her that SKEETER is a little boy...or should I say BIG BOY!!

GATOR...sounds like you're still busy....CUBA is getting closer....PLEASE BE CAREFUL... have you seen this website?
www.fireronzook.com ????? My cousin sent it to me this weekend. Looks like the GAINESVILLE newspaper is really against this man...

DARAMUS...congrats on the loss...your menu looks really good!!

YELLOW, TONI, A's G, JACK K, Q, and FILLESE....

I'm off to get proped up and watch the HOLLYWOOD SMUT shows...Sorry I didn't get to everyone...

BOB
Old 04-01-2002, 07:54 PM   #24  
super mom

Thanks you everyone for all the congrats for my sons getting into the technology magnet program. We are all so excited. He's our brain child – one step away from the pocket protector. Analyzes everything and is the first to correct you if you aren't 100% accurate.

I ended up taking the kids to Busch Gardens today but we were only there for about 5 hours since DD had to work tonight. I realized something while there. BG does not cater to anyone who's Sbing. Ugh – french fries, pizza, cotton candy, funnel cakes, fudge, watermelon, corn dogs, stuffed baked potatoes…I am a big water drinker but had a diet pepsi in one of those collector cups. It's the first drink I've had beside water and milk for the last 2 ½ months. I got a phili steak sandwich and just ate the insides and left the roll. We are going back again tomorrow and I am filling my collectors cup with ice water and bring in my own snacks to munch on. At least all the walking was good for me.

Beth – very cool $$ egg hunt. The Easter bunny that visits our house does something unusual too. He leaves an egg with a clue in it which leads to another egg with a clue to another egg with a clue etc until they finally find their basket. Usually the kids go through 8-10 clues. It's getting fun with 2 of them being older. I had them going upstairs, then downstairs then it the backyard then back upstairs then in the front yard… torture. My kids look forward to this every year and I enjoy watching them try to figure out their clues.

Mel – you are so lucky to have gone to FL and it sounds like you really did have an incredible time. I am really looking forward to the October get together in NC.

Toni – glad your dad made it through Pearl Harbor. With my DH out to sea over yopu know where I watched it with a whole different view. They did seems so young. Some friends of our were stationed in Hawaii when it premiered and got to be on the edge of the red carpet they had for all the stars. She said it was phenomenal and that a lot of PH survivors were there for the big event.

Quivondra – I promised to take my DD to see Panic Room this week since she didn't go to Ice Age with us. Is it as scary as it looks? I love everything Jodie Foster does – she is such a great actress. I cannot go to the movies without getting some popcorn. Before SB I use to eat the microwave kind at least 3-4 times a week but have not had any since I started SBing this past Jan. I did promise myself that I would only eat popcorn at the movies and since it costs a fortune to go nowadays I knew that splurging wouldn't happen very often.

AdronsGirl – that is so great the FIL noticed the weight loss – you go girl. I sold Mary Kay several years ago – good luck – if you end up coming to NC I'll give you my list.

SolShine – I like the Busch Gardens in Tampa better than the one here and I love Seaworld. When we were stationed in Florida we hit just about every fun park in the state. We try to see and do as much as we can everywhere we live and when in Florida you have to play. I'm taking your suggestion and flip-flopping back and forth with word – you are right about posts getting long (sorry everyone)

Daramus – ditto on the 30 pound mark and all the feelings you are having. Some days I feel so good and others times I still feel like a cow. Today was a good day.

BOB – way to go on the no smoking anniversary. I quit almost 9 years ago. No the ship that came in was not DH's – his won't be back until Septemberish. I'll keep you all posted when his is due in and even let you know what I'll be wearing so you can look for me on CNN (haha).

Well I think I'm caught up again – 2 posts in one day – wow.
TTFN
Denise
Old 04-01-2002, 09:30 PM   #25  

Default MONDAY NIGHT AND MY TIME IS MY OWN!!!!!

So . . . did anybody get fooled today??? I sure did. This new girl at our office really tricked us. She told us there was a puppy in the restroom, and we all practically trampled each other getting across the hall. She got us all the way in the bathroom and then hit us with the “gotcha”. It was a really good trick!!! I laughed a lot on that one.

Our Easter holiday was fun. DH left for St. Louis last Wed to play music with his bros. So my parents came over for a visit and to keep me company. That was fun. DB, SIL and Niece came on Friday. So my house was bursting at the seams. I was cooking and hosting like crazy. Bro only stayed the one night, so that made it easier. We went shopping on Saturday. On Sunday we went to dear, dear MIL’s house. She and SIL have a house together. (Have I told you how blessed I am with a WONDERFUL MIL and a WONDERFUL SIL??? It’s true, they are both great and have always welcomed me with open arms. ) And we had a lovely meal and such fun. It was a great day. Then DH came home in the afternoon and came directly over there since he knew that’s where I would be. So we had a very laid back day. I withstood the candy at their house and I didn’t buy one morsel of chocolate for this house. Since we’re both watching our intake, I thought why sabatoge ourselves. I’m not saying I was perfect, but I was really aware of what I was eating and keeping track for wonderful FitDay. So tonight we’re back to normal, no company and just me, Paul and Maddie spending the evening together. The good life, for sure.

BETH---I am sending you a ton of virtual hugs and wishes for a MUCH better week. So very sorry to hear that last week was the ****s. But I can’t help feeling that you may have a super WIW this week. What do you think???? I’m keeping my fingers crossed for you!!!!

MEL---So glad to hear both your trips went well. Yippee that you got to meet DEB and spend some great time with her. Ain’t she the BEST???? I would loved to spent the afternoon with you all. Let the good times roll!!!

FILLISE---Is it true what they say about confession being good for the soul??? Thanks for sharing that yesterday kind of bit you in the you-know-where. I love your attitude that today is the day to make the change and get back on track. Girl, you CAN DO IT!!! Keep focused. I know you can. I just looked at your numbers on your signature and I want to congratulate you on how far you’ve come. I’m telling you what . . . I’’m going to do the Happy Dance just for allthe weight that you’ve already lost. That is awesome. WAY TO GO!!!!!

ROSALIE---I laughed when I read what you had for breakfast. That’s so great!!! Can I come stay with you and eat that kind of breakfast. You are so right about not wasting good food. Your supper sounded great. Hope it was super for you.

JACK-K---You are TOO good to have 20 people for the holiday!!! Wow, no kidding, I’ll bet you cooked all day Saturday. Way to go on the jello salad. I am eager to get that recipe. I love jello salads, but never thought about converting them to SB lifestyle. Thanks for sharing.

ADRONSGIRL---Be careful with those rings!!! My hear was in my throat thinking about how horrible it would be to lose my diamond. I like your idea of buying more to wear during your downsizing. More jewelry is ALWAYS a good idea. Congrats on the loss that was noticed by your FIL. I hope he got an extra big portion of dessert on his plate!!!

SOL---So sorry to hear that it’s already too hot down your way. I wish I could send some of our cooler breezes your way. Youa re doing such a good job with your training. I am so proud of you!!!! BTW, I do the same way as you when reading/responding. Except I am doing my typing in Appleworks. Same difference, but no lost posts that’s for sure. My motto: type and save, type and save.

DARAMUS---Congrats on being at the 30 pound mark. Oh, I wish I was there with you. Don’t be discouraged!!! Just think . . . your loss can be represented by piling up 120 sticks of butter. No you have to admit . . . that’s fantastic!!!! Keep it up. You’ll see your goal, just keep focused.

BOB---Congrats on the one year anniversary for the very best thing you could ever do for yourself!!!! You are awesome!!! I am so happy for you. Have you gotten to the place where you hate being around cigarette smoke. I can’t STAND it. There is no way I will ever smoke again. Tried in Vegas a couple of years ago after being a NS for two years and it burned my throat to death. I knew right then and there, that was history for me. GOOD GOING!!!! Think of how much cleaner Skeeters lungs will stay too.

Okay, that’s it for me tonight. I just IMed with VIV and she said she’s back OP and feeling good about it. But she’s still as busy as always. Hope you all have great weeks. I will try and keep up this week. Still feeling like I missed tons last week. Hope not, but certain I did.

Take care and good night everybody.
Old 04-01-2002, 09:56 PM   #26  

Thanks for all the kind words! I am a little nervous as I have a doctor appointment tomorrow to get my blood checked. I have always avoided doctors in general, but one of my new years resolutions was to get caught up on my health stuff. So.... I went to the eye doctor for the first time in many years and ended up needing glasses. I went to the dentist and am still dealing with wisdom teeth issues. Now... it my GP and my bloodwork. *sigh* I have had elevated liver enzymes for a few years now, and he seems to think (without any testing at all) that I have a "fatty liver" and I'm hoping a better overall diet and weight loss will lower my counts. So i am worried about the liver stuff and also that I have been eating too much fatty foods on SB. I eat cottage cheese frequently (recently switched to low fat) and other things of that nature. I know I will be stressing until I get the results back!! My appt is at 1:30pm and I now he wants me to fast before giving blood, but I am used to having morning appts for this. I don't like the idea of going all day with no food. Do you think eating in the morning will affect my blood work in the afternoon? Anyone else here see a rise in their bad counts after starting SB? Perhaps I am worrying over nothing...
Old 04-01-2002, 10:27 PM   #27  

Daramus - Why don't you call the doctor's office in the morning and ask how long you have to fast before having blood taken. I can't imagine that they would expect you to fast all morning for a 1.30 p.m.appointment. I feel quite sure that SB will not cause a rise in your bad blood counts - it's usually the opposite - most people see an improvement in their blood tests.

Marie.
Old 04-01-2002, 10:34 PM   #28  

Height: 5' 7"

Default Hello all...

I sure missed reading the board over the weekend. We went to both sets of parents houses and there was wonderful food at both that was SB friendly. So it was very nice.

Time is short tonight so all I have time to say is how much I've enjoyed reading about everyone's Easter.

Love,
Crystle
Old 04-01-2002, 10:41 PM   #29  

Just a quick note to Daramus: I agree with Rosalie about calling the doctor’s office to see how long you need to fast before the blood test. When I have a late appointment, I do fast all day but it is okay to have black coffee and lots of water. The water keeps the blood vessels plump. (I had to tell you that , didn’t I?) My blood levels where greatly improved after being on SB and I hope that you have the same results. Let us know. Congrats on the weight loss!

Last edited by YellowRose; 04-02-2002 at 10:21 AM.
Old 04-01-2002, 10:48 PM   #30  

Its really late...and I need to go to bed, but I wanted to check in first. Spring break started today. I woke up early, and got up to fix my hubby's breakfast and lunch for him before the alarm even! I felt thinner..so I got on the scale. What a let down! I was the same.

The weather was beautiful today, and my older daughter made me go and walk at the park with her. It was fun. I like the treadmill better, but I do enjoy spending time with her. All the azaleas are blooming and the dogwoods are getting really nice too! I do love spring!

I worked on pulling off wall paper in the hall today. I still need to decide what color to paint the hall when I am done. The problem I have is that the hall wall, continues into the great room with no good break to change colors. Right now, the great room is white. I kind of want something more dramatic. I am wondering if one wall of dramatic blue will look funny if the other walls are all white. Any one got an opinion?

My hubby and daughter went to the store yesterday and bought a bunch of Easter candy. I did not touch it. I did have a low carb chocolate bar though. I am pleased that the sweets and sugar are not tempting to me anymore!

Bedtime for me! Sweet dreams ya'all!
Closed Thread