Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

Closed Thread

Old 04-02-2002, 04:02 PM   #46  

I'm kind of down in the dumps because I don't think that WIW will treat me very well. The problem is that I have created a goal for myself that I'm afraid I won't make. I want to be about 145lbs by mid-May because I'm going to florida for a holiday. My boyfriend's mother lives there and she is a size two. I know I can never be that but I feel inadequate. I feel because I weigh more that she might think I'm weak. I'm sure this might be a common feeling and I know it's wrong, but I still want to feel good about myself in a bathing suit. I'm a pear and I know you pear girls out there know what it's like to have your thighs rub together during a romantic walk on the beach... I don't mean to bring everyone down but I need a more positive reason to motivate me to lose weight.

AdronsGirl- Good for you, keep it up! Water aerobics is great. I love that you don't feel all sticky from the sweat because you're in the water!!

Monet 320- I'm sure it will stick until WIW, and if it doesn't, then it's probably water-weight. You can't gain two solid pounds of fat on this WOE!

Rosalie-I know how you feel. I finished up the cookies my boyfriend's mother sent us last night. I figured better get them out of the house, so I ate them. At least they're gone!

Zanne- aah Hormones. Use all that extra rage and direct it towards working out!

Jack-k- i know how you feel. I ate like a rabbit all last week and I think I really screwed it all up this weekend. But you could be right...muscle weighs a lot.

Good luck everyone! Drink a lot of water to flush yourselves for WIW.
Old 04-02-2002, 04:58 PM   #47  

Height: 5' 7"

Default Good afternoon

Man I feel lazy today. I should be doing other things but where am I? Yep back at the SB board. *smile* You all really lift my spirits and it's so motivational to know that we struggle with some of the same issues when it comes to weight loss and self esteem.

Quivondra Please don't let your motherinlaws tiny size make you feel less about you. You are working and trying hard to change your self..that shows work and dedication. I don't know you well but you seem like a sweet heart. She will love you for you....and isn't that how it should be? *smile* I here what you are saying about a bathing suit. Do any of us like ourselves in a swim suit? Besides my 14 year old daughter...there ought to be laws *smile*

Zanne I am laughing at those evil hormones of yours. I think they got with mine and planned mutiney at the Roth house..LOL Hope you are feeling much better this afternoon after your appointment and some decent eats. I hate fasting for blood work...pooey.

Adron's Girl WTG on feeling better about yourself and finding a work out buddy. It's so much more fun and it helps with accountability. Trust me...my kids let me know if I miss...they are my workout buds. *smile* Congratulations on the 5 pounds.

SolShine Thank you for the update on BKM's son. It's wonderful to hear he is doing well.

Jack-K Don't fret about the minor gain...it's probably just water and could be gone plus some by the morning. Trust me...*smile* I'm terrible with a capital T..I weight soooo often..I know not healthy but I can't help it...LOL

I didn't take very good notes this morning so please forgive me if I forgot someone's milestones or something. I rejoice when I read them and pray for those having a bad day. I just don't always remember to write it down....one of these days I will catch on to who is who and it will be easier.

Have a great day!

Love,
Crystle
Old 04-02-2002, 05:07 PM   #48  

Hi everyone! I had a good time at the doctors office, and Im looking forward to getting my blood results back. Anyway, here is my first attempt at more than a general post. My typing and spelling skills are like my cooking skills - they leave much to be desired.

fruitloupe: Thanks for the encouragement!

SolShine: I am sure am happy about the 30 pounds that's for sure. I weighed in at the doc's office today and he said I've lost 36 since I last saw him. So that made me feel good.

Jack-K: Gettung under 200 was my first goal, and, boy, did it seem to take forever to get there. Thanks for the kind words regarding my 30 pound loss. You're right about people noticing. For me, it came at just the right time, too. I was starting to get a little down. I think I'm going to try some of your suggestions on lowering the fat. Thanks for the tips!

Zanne: I never would have believed that I could go so long without eating chocolate, ice cream, chips, etc. I haven't even had a single SB legal dessert in all that time. Amazing what you can do without once you decide to eliminate it. Now, if I can only quit smoking! Ugh.

Fillise: I actually was happy at the Dr. office today. BP and pulse were good... sugar is normal (woot! I was borderline diabetic and that is why I went on SB) and my doc was very happy to see my progress.

Monet 320: Sounds like you are going to have a good WIW. Thanks for the tips on cutting back the fat. I can stomach light cream cheese, but the no fat stuff tastes like toothpaste to me. lol

AdronsGirl: Thanks! I'm real happy with the variety of food I have been eating. It doesnt take much to make me happy thank God. I just got a bunch of agave so I am thinking about trying to do some baking. But I have to set aside an entire day because Im sure I will dirty every dish in the house and destroy the kitchen! lol I am not the best person to spend time in a kitchen. Glad to hear your going to start having sweet potatoes. I only started eating them when I started SB. Now I love them! One potato was too much for me, so I started having half and that is perfect.

Toni48: I'm up by 6am every day whether I want to be or not. Im so used to getting up then that I dont even need an alarm clock anymore. I can't wait for my pool to warm up (no heater) so I am actually looking forward to warm weather here in AZ. I have lived here all my life so the heat is no big deal. Looking forward to swimming instead of just the treadmill.

Quivondra: I can relate to feeling down lately. Im feeling much better now, and I know you will being feeling great again in no time!

Well *whew* I give you ladies credit for having the stamina to follow this board and post like you do! Maybe I will get better in time.
Old 04-02-2002, 05:37 PM   #49  

Afternoon all....Need to ask a question. If there is 1 gram of sugar in something like a 99% fat free soup I'm going to use in cooking something. Are you not supposed to eat that? This may be a really stupid question I know. But I've found some good products but they'll have a gram of sugar in them. What is the rule? I don't want to intentionally stretch this program to please me. And I don't find any rule in the book. Thanks for any help..
Old 04-02-2002, 05:55 PM   #50  
Mel

Default Tuesday

Hi everybody. I'm absolutely wiped out from my second day back at the gym. Was able to do my whole workout, but I kept wanting to close my eyes driving home. I can't remember who asked, but Body for Life(BFL) is a highly structured nutrition and weighlifting program. It is very demanding, and the book is full of motivational stuff as well as the nuts and bolts of the program. It's designed to be done in 12 week blocks, with a "rest" week between, that some people turn into a pig-out week as well. Thank heavens I didn't do that! I've kept SB legal(um, except for a few cheats) while doing BFL which has been quite easy (the food part). The main problem I had with the program at first is that you have to re-arrange your mindset, because while you are losing fat, you are not necessarily losing scale weight. That was very frustrating for me, but at the end of the first 12 week "challenge", I had lost 7% body fat although I only lost 4 pounds on the scale. I added about 6.5lbs of muscle, and dropped 1 pants size. I really like the program, but it is demanding, and you have to like HEAVY weightlifting and intense cardio.

Darasmus- Congratulations on your doctor's visit and on mastering the posts! Be careful of those legal SB baked goods- I used to love to bake and adapted a lot of recipes using agave, but just ate too much legal stuff. Now I don't bake anything! my case of agave will last forever

Zanne- Those evil hormones must be flooding the entire continent! Got a bad case of them here, too. If I wasn't so tired from working out, I'd be either screaming or crying

Quivondra- OOOh I know that feeling! My mother has to stuff herself to keep at 100lbs at 5'4" and has spent my entire life telling me she just doesn't know what's wrong with me. Don't let it get to you! You are who you are inside and that's why your boyfriend is with you and not some anorexic size 2.

BOB- Congratulations on the no cigs anniversary! If you can do that, you can do ANYTHING!

BKM- I guess I missed the lead-up to the surgery, but I'm glad your son is doing well. Sounds like he is in good hands. With ds, I'm always afraid I'll get the torn ACL call. Is that what happened to him? It's horribly common for female lacrosse and basketball players.

Quilter- It's so good to see you back and hear news of VIV. Thanks.

Sol- Your distances are amazing! I think that's a great idea for you and Vince to set up water stops for each other. When I was in Ft. Laud. last week, the first time I tried to run I could only do 3 miles because it was so much hotter than I'm used to, even without the hills. Go girl, you're gonna do the whole marathon!

Hello to everyone else- I'm not ignoring you, just falling asleep and using the backspace key more than anything else! Let's all hope for the best tomorrow-

mel

175/136 at 21% BF/ 17% BF (who knows what that will weigh!)

mel
Old 04-02-2002, 05:56 PM   #51  
Mel

Default sugar

Toni- the rule is no more than 3 grams per serving. The 1 grams in the soup is not a problem.

mel
Old 04-02-2002, 06:20 PM   #52  

Oh thank you. I'm starting a tip page for me and will put that down...
Old 04-02-2002, 07:14 PM   #53  

Default Happy Tuesday everybody!!!!

Hope your day has gone well today. Mine was okay, but I have been really tired the past two evenings. Oh well, better suck it up and keep going. Not much new to report. Weather is good here, but they are calling for rain later. KIMMY, have you dried out up there yet??? Are we still planning on Friday at JJ’s??? I’ll email you.

DARAMUS---Good luck at the dr tomorrow. I don’t know anything about that fasting thing. But ROSALIE has given you good advice. Listen to hear and make the call.

MONET---How fun that you are doing some painting in your house. Here’s my opinion . . . I LOVE COLOR!!! My dining room is a deep sage with a taupe ceiling (very cozy) and my living room is a beautiful shade of golden mustard (not like the french’s jar). So go for it. I love watching Christopher Lowell on Discovery Channel. He inspired me to take away the white. I’ll wager you won’t be sorry if you go for some really great colors. And if you don’t like it, it’s only paint. You can go over top of it. Good luck and be sure to keep us posted.

SEF---Your day with GD sounded heavenly. All that wonderful shopping. Sorry to hear that DIL was suffering from a migraine. I hope she got some medicine into her quickly enough to help. I’m glad to hear you got turned on to HP. Those are great books. Enjoy!!! Nubmer 3 was my favorite!!!

SOL---Thanks for the report on the Big Knight. Since I was off the board last week, I had no idea this was happening. I’ll bet Chris is breathing easier now that her baby is in her hands. Hey, did you get your puppy? I’ve been away and I know that I’m missing a lot of key info. Just wondering.

JACK-K---I agree with you that somethings just aren’t funny and that dj joke crossed the line. I would have been in a panic as well. I hope you don’t get too dismayed about the 2 pounds. You know that could vanish by tomorrow. And remember that the muscles you are building from the weight training can affect your poundage, but it doesn’t main that you are really gaining. Right?????? Hang in there.

ADRONSGIRL---Way to go on getting yourself to the gym!!!!! That is awesome. You sound so excited and I am that excited for you too. I am so envious that you are doing water aerobics. I would love to do that, but just can’t find a way to fit it in. Keep going!!!! You are on the right track. I think 5 pounds is a great amount to lose. Remember, you don’t really want to lose it fast. Slow and steady wins the race!!!!!

QUIVONDRA---Honey, my heart is aching for you. I have been right where you are for my entire life. Well, since at least 1968 which is pretty much the majority of it. I dubbed myself Queen of the Pear-shaped Syndrome many years ago. It’s not fun. I want you to enjoy your vacation and stop all those conversations that are going in your head about being heavier than the size 2 person. Just be in the moment where ever you are and try to have fun. When I look back at some of my vacation pictures where I was on the beach, I really didn’t look all that bad and I now wish I could have been at peace back then with who I was. It would have probably kept me from being where I am today on the scale that is. I’ll keep you in my thoughts and wish for fun times for you during this time.

MEL---Good for you that you are back into BFL. Sorry to hear that you are exhausted today. But that will probably go away soon. Don’t you think??? Keep going and keep talking about it. I’ve never done it, but I love listening to you talk about it.

Well, is anybody going to chat tonight? I’ll try to pop in. Take care. Talk to you all later.

Kim
Old 04-02-2002, 07:14 PM   #54  

Default Hey Y'all!

We are back from our trip to visit the grandmothers. We stayed a day longer than planned because we ended up scanning bunches of pictures. My DH's home business is taking photos and creating movies/slide shows for the computer. We got pictures of some of his great, great relatives. It was amazing how much his GMs still knew about everybody. Not just who they were, but some of the funny things about them. My eating went okay. I didn't buy any Easter candy because my DDs don't really eat that much chocolate and I didn't need it around. I did break down and eat the crust of a piece of pizza. It was Johnny's and that's what we lived on in college and I just couldn't eat only the topping. And there were some RS regular pecan clusters that my MIL had, so one just jumped in my mouth when I wasn't looking!
I've maintained the 164 even with TOM in full force. I hope tomorrow is a good WIW.

Kimmy: Love your pictures of the jeans. You should be very proud of yourself!

Frog: So glad to hear that your GM is settling in. And it's great that you are going to be involved in helping the residents' days become cheerier.

Mel: Congrats on your DD's game. Haven't seen my DS since he left in January. I envy you being able to get to some of her games. We will have him home for 3 days in May in between finals and Commissioning Week. He is getting ready to order his class ring and is all excited. Sapphires sure do cost a lot of money, BTW!

Adron'sGirl: Congrats on the loose rings and weight loss. And I hope your full time self/employment will give you much more pleasure than working for an evil person.

Beth: Hope this week is better and that the new job comes through. Loved the pictures of you and your family. When are we going to see you out from behind your kiddos? Soon, I bet!

Daramus: WTG on the 36 pounds at the DR's office. You're doing great - keep up the good work. The cooks on this board will have you in gourmet chef status before you know it!

BOB: Congratulations on your 1 year smoke-free anniversary. I know how hard it is to quit, my DH has tried it sooo many times. He's just too addicted to be successful.

BKM: Glad your DS came thru his surgery in flying colors. Hope his recovery time passes swiftly.

Sol: Keep up that running, Girlfriend. You'll be flying by everybody at WDW!

Rose: How did the Hawaiian vacation turn out? Did you enjoy your Easter? Don't cha love this weather?

Tina in TX: Where are you? Did you have a good Easter? Did you have the long weekend, too?

I hate to leave and leave so many not replied to, but I gotta finish supper, then go back to school for a PTO meeting. They need the teachers there so they'll have a quorum for voting on new officers.

Take care and here's hoping for a great WIW for us all!
Night!
Jeanie
196/164/130
Old 04-02-2002, 08:08 PM   #55  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Just checking in quickly.

Quiv, Don't be so hard on yourself. Focus on how much betteryou feel on this WOE. There is always going to be someone out there that weights less than you. You just have to like yourself and be happy with what you are doing. Don't put too much stock in what others think. Plus you still have over a month to go before your trip, you could loose 10 by then. Hang in there. We are here for you.

Toni, I think the book states under 3 grams of sugar is legal. I know they say use Campbell's cream of mushroom soup in moderation.

Guess I had better go spend some time with DH so I can come back to chat room tonite.

Jackie
257/201/145
sb 10-10-01
Old 04-02-2002, 08:14 PM   #56  

Thumbs down I'm new

Hi I enjoyed reading the posts. I just started today but lost the motivation at lunch time. I'll get back to the plan tonight.

I have about 77 pounds to lose -it's a lucky number isn't it? About twenty of the pounds are from quitting smoking in january 2001, which I am still very proud of but much heavier because of it. Being fat is healthier than being a smoker!

I'll try to post on a regular basis and fill out the bio. thanks in advance for the support.

healthygirl 237/237/160
Old 04-02-2002, 08:32 PM   #57  

Default Hi Everyone!!

Gee, I've been gone so long that I was shocked to see Marie as our LEADER! No, I recognize it as Debbie's work, so I take it she's out of town?? Gee, I've been gone waaaaaaaaaayyyyyy tooooo long!

I miss you guys. Wish I could say that I've read the posts, but just one look & saw 4 pages, so I know I can't respond to anyone tonight, but thought I'd say hello & that I've not left the universe....just busy.

Actually, was sick since last week & spent the week end in bed & vegging on the recliner. Had a minor surgery on my hand last Tuesday which did NOT go well. Just a small thing that needed to be removed & I ended up with a 2" cut. Of course I didn't know that till the next day when I unwrapped it, since I passed out cold on the table at the doctor's office. Seems as though I have developed an allery to Xylocaine. Anyway, by the next day I came down with ear/sinus infection & it's been downhill from there.

Needless to say, I was NOT exposed to any Easter goodies, since I wasn't able to make it to church or to the family gathering Sunday.

Weight is still holding at 135. Did see 134 a couple of times, but I seem to fluctuate from 134-137, even 139 once or twice, but that seems like mostly fluid, cause the next day it's coming back down. I know I was doing better when I was posting more often, so I need to make more of an effort to get to the board, cause I'm still determined to get the weight down to 130-134 for my comfort range. As soon as I'm feeling better, I'm planning to start walking again. The weather is perfect for that right now, just don't feel quiet up to it yet.

Well, hopefully I can get back & read some of your posts, then try to catch up with all of you. So long for now!

174/135/135
Old 04-02-2002, 09:39 PM   #58  
sef

HiedieHo All!!!!!

Just a regular day here. Went to Bible Study, fixed supper. Been chatting with Kimmy. Time to move from computer!!! Just a couple of replies.

SOL - I can't wait to see HP movie. My GD is dropping hints, says the only place DVD for HP is available is at Amazon.com. Her birthday is 28th, so hint, hint!!!

JACKK - Yes, the buns are SGWWSF, I read somehwere they also have hotdog buns but have not seen those. The Hamburger buns are so good they are nice with just a little butter. I can't find Oat Bran Pretzels. Will have to ask customer service if they can get them.

GRACIOUS - Thanx for reply on availibilty of Guar Gum.

ADRON - All the grocery stores carry NO here, also Wal*mart, try them. I love water aerobics, can't wait til pool is warm enough. Can't afford club that has pool here to be able to go year round.

Think that's it for now.

Take care. Shirley
Old 04-02-2002, 10:06 PM   #59  

Angry Tuesday night post

Just finished chatting on the board and chatted with DEB on the phone before that. She says to tell everyone "HELLO!"

It's too late now to type all my notes, so I will do so tomorrow!

Good luck on the scales everyone!

Peace,
FROG
Old 04-02-2002, 10:56 PM   #60  
Bustin' Buddy

hey everyone!

I just wanted to pop in and say hello. My doctor visit went well...I was down 17 pounds since last month's visit. He was very proud of me. Mind you this is the doctor that is not obsessed with my weight - this is my normal OBGYN. The one obsessed is my specialist. So, he was proud and he makes me feel good about myself! its the other one that gets me down!

DARAMUS: Way to go - 36 pounds is great! You must feel really good about yourself! keep up the great work.

MELF: Girl - you are sticking to that goal - keep it up! I am so proud of you!

Well, let me run - see ya'll tomorrow!

Missy aka Snotty Bubblebiscuit
284/259/170
Closed Thread