Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

Closed Thread

Old 04-10-2002, 09:00 PM   #1  

Question Question regarding SB books that are necessary to begin?

I'm confused....this is my second trip to this board...reading,and trying to find the appropriate thread to ask my question....sorry if I'm doing it wrong....just didn't want to wait any longer to ask. Your group sounds active and involved which is so wonderful! I congratulate you all. I started out with one question,but already I have two....numero uno#I have the Sugar Busters easy cookbook(spiral bound....lov.it....a woman must have been involved in the design...smile) and I would like to know if I should really buy another,or should I say.....yet,another book to get the main points of the program? Or...can I do a good job by just having this one? Q#2. I have lost weight in my teens/thirties/and early 50's....pre-meno.without a prob....lot's of focus/work,and determination but nevertheless...successful. Now I am full into another era....very late 50's,and I just can't seem to budge. I know I'm not a rareity....I do know I have company,but my question is are any of YOU in this age group,and are any of you successful with this method? I value time,and I appreciate you taking the time to answer....'not another diet' is so close to becomming my mantra....I want results,without starvation...and not giving up having a cheeseburger on my birthday...other than that I am so willing to listen,and change....thank you for listening.....looking forward to you response(s)..sincerely~~~
Old 04-10-2002, 10:24 PM   #2  
SUPER CHICK aka Moderator

Hope I can answer some of what you asked.

I don't know the cookbook, don't have it, so not sure what's covered in it, but reading the actual book is going to definitely help one get started. I always suggest going to your local library to get it, it's an easy read. If you don't want to buy the book, the SB SHOPPERS GUIDE ($3.95 or less) gives you the info on the foods. I also suggest reading Michael Montignacs book, EAT YOURSELF SLIM, he gives a lot of info that SB doesn't have and he wrote about this WOE first, again, this should be at your library.

I think you are able to lose weight at any age, but I do think it's not as easy as you get older. I can't say how it differs when you are in your late 50's since I'm not there as of yet, but I know given the determination and commitment that you can lose weight if you preservere and as long as you don't have any medical issues that would prevent weight loss, or are taking drugs that keep one from losing.

To post a message on our weekly support board where it is readily seen by all you want to just go to that board and hit POST REPLY and not new thread

Don't hesitate to ask questions, as you have seen, we are a very friendly group and are eager to help others trying to fight this war in any way we can.

Take care,

Debbie
194/122/129
Sb since 3/22/00
Reached goal 6/10/01
Old 04-10-2002, 11:33 PM   #3  

Hi Tutu - I'm over 60 and I have been on this woe for 2 1/2 years. I have lost a total of 40 pounds. It doesn't sound like a lot to lose in that length of time but it has made a lot of difference in how I feel and the clothes I can wear. I have gone from a size 20/22 to a size 14/16. When I first started this woe I lost 10 pounds in the first month or two (I forget exactly how long it took me) then I stalled for about six months before I started losing again. I then lost 14 pounds within a couple of months and since then it has been a slow loss. I agree with Debbie that you should read the book to get an understanding of the theory behind this woe. You certainly don't need to starve while on this woe - there are so many things you can eat.

Hope to see you posting on the Weekly Support Board.

Marie.
Old 04-11-2002, 01:25 PM   #4  

Thank you both so much for taking the time...I'm off to the library to check on those books you mentioned...have a wonderful spring day!
Closed Thread