Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

Closed Thread

Old 04-03-2002, 06:32 PM   #91  

SEF, So sorry to hear that you're not feeling well. I can relate! Hope you're back up to par soon.

Quivondra It felt really GOOD to get rid of those clothes. You know, I use to think the same way, that I'd NEVER get back into certain clothes, but you know what?? Our negative ways of thinking often prevent us from reaching our goals. I remember a year ago right here on this board I said I'd never fit into a size 10, but I'm not wearing an 8, so never say never!

Trishaloo, Glad to hear that Seth didn't need those shots.

Kimmythekid, Got a chance to check out the picture board & girl!!! You're looking great. Funny how we don't see our true self sometimes till we look back, huh? Keep up the great work!

ROSALIE, Thanks for the welcome back! I sure have missed being here & have really missed you too. Saw the pictures you posted of your trip to FLA. I Hope you had a good trip. Looked like you all had a great get together. You're so lucky to have met Debbie. I hope I get to meet her someday too. Sounds like you're still very active with badminton & such. I have gotten completely too lacked with exercising. No one to blame but myself!

BusDeb Sorry to hear you were not feeling well last night. Hope you're all better today!

Well, got to go. Got church tonight. Fixing weinners & Sauerkraut for supper. Check with you'll later.
Old 04-03-2002, 07:58 PM   #92  

Only have a few minutes to post, gotta pack for my visit with DEB!

So many of you have wallpaper advice. I've tried them all! I've even tried the fabric softener and water solution. I am going to rent a professional steamer this weekend after I get back from seeing Deb. I am also going to scrape the sprayed on popcorn ceiling back down to the plaster. Anyone have tips for that?

BIG news for me ! I leg pressed my old weight this morning! I pressed 200 pounds on the quadricep press this morning! WOO HOO!

I would like to add to those of you who are fighting the sugar demons that you are making yourself weaker physically. I had a hard time staying out of the community candy dish at work 2 weeks ago. One week later, only a few days after eliminating almost all the sugar, I have noticed a BIG difference in my endurance. Remember that you are weaker than you think when you eat that sugar, and not just your will power!

Congrats to all you losers!

Have really been considering selling Southern Living at Home. It's a home sells company (ala Tupperware style) with the Southern Living name and products. They are realtively new on the scene and really unheard of in my area. I LOVE the merchandise and have always wanted to get involved in something like this but am not a Tupperware kinda girl, don't wanna cook in someone else's kitchen (Pampered Chef) or smell that candle scent in my car all the time because it gives me a migraine (so Party Light is out) and I already own enough jewelry. This just seemed like the thing for me! Have any of you heard of this? Would love to hear your thoughts on this. Of course it goes without saying that IF I do decide to become a consultant, I will be happy to come to your area to do a show.

Time to jet! Hope you all have a great weekend. Wil try to post after my visit with Deb. Will be sure to tell what you all are up to!

Peace,
FROG
Old 04-03-2002, 09:48 PM   #93  
Bustin' Buddy

Hey everyone!

Just a quick post - hope you all had a good day!
What do y'all think of this idea???
I'm letting my hair grow out until I reach my goal weight. I'm going to get my monthly trims but I'm going to let it grow until I reach my goal - then I'm going to get a makeover! Cut the hair all off - that way I'll have a whole new look! Let me know your thoughts!

FROG: I saw the Southern Living at home deal at a bridal show that I went to with a friend. Looks really neat - would you come all the way to S. LA for a show?!?! HAHA!

TRISH: I'm happy that Seth was ok - that would have been terrible if he would have had to go through all of that stuff! Also, glad your surgery went well...we were all thinking of you!

BOB: How bout we all come up with a recipe and we share the money? I love chicken too - I eat it everywhere we go. My sister always teases me and tells me that one day I'm gonna wake up with feathers coming out of my butt!

ROSALIE: At least the snacks you are eating are legal girl!! You could be dipping into some no no foods! Don't worry about those extra pounds - they will come off soon enough! Keep up the good work!

YELLOW: Glad to hear you had a nice lunch eventhough you had a crier next to you! Sometimes that can be such a pain - but it can't be helped!!

QUIVONDRA: Glad to hear you are feeling a little better today. I think we may all be on the same cycle - you know what they say - people who hang out together start doing many of the same things and even get on the same cycles!!

SEF: 8 Pounds!!! WOOOOOO HOOOOOO! That is fabulous!! Keep doing whatever it is you are doing! I'm sure next weeks weigh in will confirm that you are doing a great job!! Keep it up!

MELF: Glad to see you are doing a fabulous job maintaining - I am so proud of you! Hopefully one day I can do the same.

DARAMUS: Did you do the bike ride/spa thing today - that sounds so relaxing! I'm sure WIW will be good for you next week! Keep it up!

TONI: Congrats on the loss. I know all too well about the small town thing - when something happens like that fire here - everyone knows, everyone helps out, etc. I'll be sure to keep them in my thoughts... keep us posted.

MONET: Great job on the loss - I too am jealous of the pool. We have cleared trees and have a liner but haven't put the pool in yet. We are getting an above ground pool that my MIL has in her yard and doesn't want anymore. But, we need to do our floors first! It is a good size 12 x 32 oval shaped. But, lord knows when we'll get it here!

KIMMY: I had to laugh when I read your post about the old pictures. This weekend we were at my dad's and he has just put tons of pics in photo albums. Well, all of the pics of me when I was skinny were in there. My niece that is 6 says - "Aunt Missy - you looked MUCH better then!" HAHA! I liked to die - it was too funny!! I need to plaster those pics on my fridge!

OK - Sorry to those I missed but I've got to run! Y'all have a great evening!

Missy aka Snotty Bubblebiscuit
284/259/170
Old 04-03-2002, 09:53 PM   #94  

Height: 5' 7"

Default WIW

Good evening all! My head is about to fall of this evening so this is gonna be a short post. I did read all the post and as always a blessing.

This week I am down one pound. I can't wait to get under 150 I think I'm gonna treat myself to something special. At 152 now...a new low since starting SB *smile*

WTG Monet on your 20 mark. Trish..I think..I am so glad your little boy doesn't have to take shots. Bats are so yucky...I know most are harmless but ugh...they fly around my pond at night eating the bugs. Please forgive me ya'll I truly read but didn't take notes because of this head. Congratulations on pounds loss, and sticking to plan....and for those getting back on plan. It's all in the trying. Welcome HealthyGirl.

Love,
Crystle

235/152/135
Old 04-04-2002, 12:41 AM   #95  

Default A Quick WIW

Stayed the same at 164. The way I have been bouncing up and down the scales the last month, that's amazing to me.

Have a great day tomorrow everybody. It's late and way past my bedtime. I hope to reply to y'all tomorrow.

Jeanie ( Poopsie Bubblekisser)
196/164/130
Old 04-04-2002, 08:04 AM   #96  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Talking

Go Morning to All,

Didn't get to check the messages last nite so had to read quickly this a.m.

Bob, go for the chicken contest. BTW, you need to take my daughter. All she will eat is chicken. Drives my crazy, especially since I'm not a big fan.

Melf, Isn't it a good feeling to clean out that closet. Ihave 3 boxes of "FAT" clothes. The only problem, now the closet is pretty much empty. I don't want to buy any clothes because I keep going down. I go and buy the cheapest black and blue pants I can find to get me thru.

Trish, glad your surgery went well. How horrible about your wreck. Even though it not your fault and they girl had insurance, it is still a hassle. Good luck. What a horrible experience for yuor son. So glad your son didn't need shot.

Sef, WTG 8#. Hope you are feeling better today.

Rosalie, Congrates on 1.5#'s. Every little bit counts.

Yellowrose, Is your bread recipe on the recipe board?

Frog, I saw the Southern Living merchandise at a bridal show with my daughter. They have some nice stuff. Go for it. WTG on pressing your weight. I just increased the amount I was using for upper body. I'm struggling, but the lesser wt seems like nothing now. Have a ncie visit with Deb.

Fruit, I say go for it. Nothing better than a total make-over to make you feel like a new person.

Country, hope you are feeling better today. WTG on the 1#.

Hope I didn't miss anyone, If I did, sorry. Hope everyone has a good Thursday. Check in later.

Jackie
257/203/145
10-10-01
Old 04-04-2002, 08:44 AM   #97  

Angry Good Morning everyone

Today is a going to be a beautiful day again here in the desert. This truely is the best times of the year. We ussually have more wildflowers but this year the rain was very low. We are way below our average.

It is going to be tough to work today. We are leaving later this afternoon to visit our son and Daughter in law. It will be a long drive. They live in Eureka CA which is about 10 hour away. We will probably split the trip up. I can't wait to see them. They just got married in Feb and then moved. We are now an empty nest. Not sure yet if I like that. It is growning on me though.

Fruitloupe - I think you should go for it. Change is always good. I like to change my hair style often. It always grows back and then you can do it again. I don't know if you set mini goals but maybe if you did you could have it restyled each time.

Frog Lover - The Southernliving sounds very interesting. Do they have a web site? I'd ask you to come to my home to give a show but would you come to California???? My daughter has just started a business out of her home where she assembles poeples scapbooks. She takes your pictures and puts it all together with all the fun papers and stickers. She has a gift for that type of thing. I go for it!!! BTW great on your leg press goal

Rosalie - What are oat bran pretzels? Where did you get them? I love pretzels and hated to have to give them up. Do they taste good? Please give me more information.

Kimmythekid - I was looking at your pictures. You should be very proud of yourself. Your home looks very nice too. I love your fireplace. Keep up the good work.

Sef - Hope you are feeling better. I can relate to the pounding headache. I have one today an hope that it goes away soon.

Trishaloo - Great to hear that the tests were negative. Hope you are feeling better after the rearend accident. I had one of those accidents once. Not fun. Take care.

Toni48 - I live in Ridgecrest which is about 180 miles from Los Angeles. Where were you raised? I like where we live in the desert. It is a quiet place. We are pretty centrally located. The mountains are an hour away, death valley is 2 hours, the closest shopping, which is in Lancaster is 1 1/2 hours. Most are easy 1 day trips. How long have you been away from CA? Have a great day.

Got to run. I'll try to get on line at my sons house. If not you all have a great weekend and I'll talk when I get back next week.

Cyndi
Old 04-04-2002, 08:49 AM   #98  

Talking Thursday

Good morning everyone! It is a beautiful day here today because it actually stopped raining! I haven't been exercising for the past few days though, I have been so busy..using that poor excuse again. I did go shopping again the other night and got myself yet another dress, 2 new skirts and 2 tops and once again I am sporting more size 10's! I am looking for shoes still and some casual wear. Hubby's generousity has come to an end though because I spent twice the amount he told me to. With all the talk on the board about cleaning out our closets I think I have to do that too. I am swimming in practically everything and should really pass it on.

TRISH- So pleased to hear Seth didn't have to get those shots, that would have been terrible. Glad your surgery went well but too bad you got rear ended. You seemed to go from good to bad to good that day! Hope all remains good for you now.

JRED- I often do that too. I have no idea why and it gets rather frustrating. I was doing that for 2 months while on Atkins. I switched to SB and lost 6 lbs but have remained the same, with the bounce, ever since. Rather bothersome, I must say, so I sympathize with you!

SEF- Excellent loss, keep up the good work!

MONET- Way to go, woman! I am so sincerely happy for you. I know how you have struggled and how you were getting worried there for awhile after the switch to SB. But it came through for you!

ROSALIE- These pretzels you mention...as a fellow Canadian..what are they and where are they available? Or did you get them while in the usa? Please let me know

Gotta go..baby is here.
Old 04-04-2002, 09:09 AM   #99  
Child of God

Default HEY...Survivor fans.........

Good morning....I think. I am SO UPSET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Here is the deal...
My kids, whom go to a Christian school, have chapel every week. Well, in the beginning of the year, they were told that Rodger, from SURVIVOR, was coming in the spring! I was SO excited...because I loved him!!!

Well...no news until I was leaving for church last night and got a call.......Rodger is there right now as I am typing this. I could not get a babysitter that fast ....
I guess they sorta kept it a secret so all the parents that are totally adicted To Survivor would not show up. My kids did not even know.
All year long I have said I was going to get a sitter and go..........boo hoo!!!!

Oh well. Rodger is a Christian and is going there...or is there...talking about his walk in Christ. When I dropped them off I told them to hang on to every word for me!!!!

OK...now I feel better.......not really, but seeing as my 2 favorite shows are on tonight, I think I will be ok!

I was able to do a whole 10 minutes on my bike yesterday....which is big for me! I also did 64 sit-ups! My abs actually feel stronger!

Hope everyone has a wonderful day!

In Him,

Kimmy
Old 04-04-2002, 09:28 AM   #100  
Child of God

Default Ok...now after reading the posts.......

Ok, I am posting again. My last one was to whine. Not this one!
Gracious....
WTG on the 10's!!! It feels so good to reward your hard work w/ a few new items. I bet your DH is proud of you too and that is why he probably did not mind if you over spent! How is the "new" baby? Is she good? How has her brother adjusted?

Mary...
Thank you for the kind words! It does feel good to be able to put on the older pants and see the difference! I hope you are feeling better!

Frog.....
Southern Living @ Home is an awesome idea!!!!!!! I have a neighbor that does that and the stuff is really neat!!!! All the other stuff you mentioned are so popular...this is nice because it is not everywhere yet! Good luck!

Missy....
Don't you just love a childs honesty....NOT!!! Too funny. I used to have a photo of myself after I graduated from college (after 3 kids) and I was slim. I had been working our and got pretty slim. I would hang that photo up...but I hate to look at myself, so I took it down. For some people, it works! Sounds like you are doing good!!

Crystle...
WTG on the pound! I am sure you will be under 150 in no time! Keep up the hard work!
Are you sick? I may have missed something. I thought I read all the posts.....but w/ the kids running around, maybe I missed something.

Cyndi...
Thank you as well for the kind words. I do like my fireplace! I actually just added some things last week and I am very pleased w/ it. I have a beautiful picture by Thomas Kinkade hanging above...a house warming gift from my mommy.
I hope you have a safe trip to see you DS. Empty nesting can take a bit to get used to I am told. I am a long way from there, but sometimes look forward to that day .

Everyone else...have a good day!

Kimmy
Old 04-04-2002, 10:06 AM   #101  

Good Morning everyone!!! Its brrrr 22 degrees here. A friend and I are supposed to walk together today. I hope we still can without wearing a down coat or something....I'm rereading my SB book again more carefully this time so I can understand it better. I can't believe how much I LOVE this WOE! I don't miss sweets but I think whats helping is I'm not eating or making anything that resembles a dessert. I haven't been able to get Agave yet and maybe thats a good thing. Theres so many delicious recipes to try. You all are great and imaginative cooks......

Kimmythekid-Hello to you and hope today is a good day for you.
Wow how cool for Rodger to come to the school!!! Oh no I can't believe you're missing him. BOO HOO is right... Its so nice of him to give a talk. Maybe they'll take lots of pictures. You must watch Survivor and CSI. LOL those are my favorite shows! You did great with your exercise yesterday. Wow 64 sit-ups. That would be a real mircle for me.

Gracious-Oh I'll bet that feels so good to buy some new clothes in such a nice size. Yoo Hoo on size 10!!! Oh the day I'm swimming in my clothes and not having to chose between yuck and doo doo to wear!!!!

Red1- I just love the smell of spring here. The air is so clean and beautiful. I'll bet its wonderful in the desert. I would love to be at my MIL's place in 29 Palms right now. Hope you have a wonderful time at your daughter's. You're out by China lake aren't you. I was raised in Anaheim. I miss Calif. at times. And expecially the weather.

Jack-K- Good morning

j red- You're doing so good, sometimes holding steady is great..... I admire your weight loss.

CountryMom4Him-Good for you on losing the lb. You're doing wonderful and ought to be so proud.

Fruit-Oh I love the idea of letting your hair grow till your goal weight. That sounds like so much fun!!!! Be sure and take pictures!!!!

Frog Lover-Hope you have a great visit with Deb... Wow you rock girl on those leg presses!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I guess I've never heard of Southern Living at Home. But good luck if you deciede to do it. It would be fun to start something new.

Yellowrose-Sounds like your lunch was fun and a shopping trip too!!! Did you post the recipe for the bread? I looked last night and couldn't find it. I have a bread maker and would love to try it.

BusDeb- Hope you're feeling better.

Rosalie-Good for you 1/2 lb. is good. You're going to right way!!!

Trishloo- I'm so glad for your Seth..... Thank goodness he didn't haven't to have those shots.
Old 04-04-2002, 10:30 AM   #102  

My boss is already driving me NUTS!!! It's hard working for people who just have no idea what it's like in the trenches. They have the most ridiculous requests and then boast in a meeting about their fabulous ideas. Ugh.

Feeling a little slimmer today...I'm avoiding the scale at all costs until WIF. I think some of you might be joining me no? I should never have bought that scale! I weigh myself every 3 seconds.

Bright and sunny day, will try to take a nice walk outside.

Someone asked me last week about the Newman's Own sugar free dressing..its Parisienne Dijon Lime or something. Pretty good stuff.

Last night I toasted my whole wheat pita and made chips out of them. Tasty. Well, they weren't potato chips but it was still alright. Slapped some hot pepper hummus on those babies and I was set to go.

Gotta run, the boss is lurking and ready to give me another HAIR-raising task.
Old 04-04-2002, 10:33 AM   #103  

Talking Newbie here

Hi all:

I just wanted to introduce myself - a newbie - from Florida.

I went to the doctor on Monday and he told me I had no choice but to follow Sugar Busters WOE, turn this life around through being healthy and losing weight, or end up with a serious kidney disease and diabetes. Scared me straight!

So, glad to see there is a support group to belong to! I am just starting to read all your posts and try and follow a long and learn about how things work....

Today's my first day eating by the book to get myself on the right track!
Old 04-04-2002, 11:29 AM   #104  
Mel

Default Thursday

Good morning everybody- I'm supposed to be working from home today, but obviously I'm slacking and am on the wrong web-site! No boss to notice, tho .

Tranquil- Welcome. I can relate, I was scared onto this WOE out of fear of diabetes, too. Good doc to suggest this rather than just medicate! You'll find lots of support here. A great place to be!

Frog- congrats on the leg press. I agree about the sugar making us weaker. I took a rest week last week and was real good until Sunday when the goodies at the lacrosse tailgate party sabotaged me. This week, I can mostly make the same weight as before, but I'm exhausted to a zombie state for the rest of the day. It really sapped my endurance. I've never seen the Southern Living at Home stuff, but it sounds fun. Can you do an on-line show for us?

Trish- So glad Seth doesn't need the shots; had a friend who went thru then 20 years ago, and they were terrible. Sounds like you've had your 3 unlucky events for the month, hope your life is duller for a few weeks

Kimmy- Your pictures do look great! I have a picture I took a couple of weeks ago of me in last summer's shorts (size 16). When I look at it, I realize there really is a difference in how I look (size 6 now), because in my head I'm still fat. Wonder how long that takes to change....

Fruit- I like your hair idea, but reward yourself for mini-goals too. Who knows, maybe you'll like your hair long! I did the opposite, tho. As my face thinned out I felt more comfortable going shorter and shorter.

Gracious- Glad you are getting to see the sun today.

Gotta go and do some actual work,

mel
Old 04-04-2002, 01:02 PM   #105  

Hi everybody!

I did my walk at the mall with my friend this morning. Both girls are off doing something and I have the house to myself. I think I will take a nap!

I just posted a recipe for Jamaican Beef Patties on the recipe board, if anyone is interested. They are spicy, but if you don't like too much spicyness, you can tone it down and use less peppers.

I will have to come back later and reply to everyone. Naptime!
Closed Thread