South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 08-11-2005, 12:12 AM   #1  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Talking Thursday Tittle-Tattle

I get to start a daily! How fun is that?

One of the few benefits of staying up late! I'm exhausted and have to go to bed, so this is short, but here for you...I'll pop in tomorrow morning (after coffee) and see how things are.

My big news is that I made it to the gym for the third day in a row! I did a "Totally Pumped" class--lots of working with bar and dumbbells. I'm goign to hurt tomorrow! The instructor reminded me of a friend of mine that is flamingly gay. He was fabulous, very motivating, and funny. Tomorrow I'm going to a yoga/Pilates class (hopefully with my favorite instructor) and then on Friday I'll go do just weights, then I'm going on a hike at a nearby state park. A friend might go with me, which would be great. In spite of the heat, going for a hike sounds wonderful!

Have a great morning chickies!
Old 08-11-2005, 05:08 AM   #2  

Laurie.... great to read that you are having a good time at the gym... I keep meaning to join one but never seem to get around to it - will stick with walking for a bit - but good on you

We are all tired here after our busy uni days, but are happy! Had a few days off plans due to unforseen circumstances but still made ok choices.. so I am happy with that. University is so great this semester. My classes are wonderfully inspiring and I have really seemed to develop a core of friends that catch up regularily, which is so lovely. One of my friends even walks with me after my lunch break so she is so great!!!

Hope everyone else is doing well.

Take care.
Old 08-11-2005, 06:05 AM   #3  

Good morning ladies!

I am up early. I plan on making the mock french toast for breakfast this morning. YUM!

Laurie- Wow! Congrats on all the physical activity. You inspire me. I keep coming up with excuses not to go to the gym.

Mariana- That must feel great to have friends. Keep up the walking!

Me- Well, I think today is day 9 on phase 1 for me. I don't think that I ate enough yesterday. I just didn't feel hungry. I also didn't take advantage of my dessert last night. I am surprised at that b/c that is something that would have never happened pre SBD. I really think that this diet has flipped a switch for m.

Well, I'm off to have my yummy breakfast treat.

Everyone have a good day!
Old 08-11-2005, 06:10 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Just woke up! How decadent!

Had a great dinner last night with Peter and Ian - I do enjoy having folks for a meal! it was SBD legal except for a tiny slice of blueberry pie.

Cousin Cathy arrives mid-morning so I have to scurry around for a bit and dash off for my haircut. She and I plan to visit Harry this afternoon or else tomorrow before the quilt show.

I'll pop in later if I get the chance.
Old 08-11-2005, 07:01 AM   #5  

Just a quick peck in to say hello! This week is about to put me over the edge, but I am making it........ It is much harder to go back to work with two kids than I thought. (Focusing on being grateful for employment and the ability to conceive two beautiful girls- that is what is keeping me from a big, fat pity party!)

I hope to check in at some point today and catch up on the last few days.

Later gals!
Old 08-11-2005, 07:43 AM   #6  

Good Moorning my little Chickadees! I'm enjoying a cup of instant DeCaf Taster's Choice, with powdered milk --NOT . Ah, a Starbucks Vente Americano would taste like a slice of Heaven right now!

Beachgal: You go girl! I love to hike, and can't wait to get back into a routine after my move.

Marianna: Why does University sound soo much smarter than college? How wonderful you are building a network of friends!

Djett: Yes this WOE really is amazing.. Most all of report not being hungry or not having cravings

Ruth: WHOOOOSH! There She Goes Again! Honestly I can't keep up with you!

Kiko: Good Girl ..try to keep thinking positive and count your blessings

DH fixed the 2 "problems" noted on the HOme Inspection.. Cost: $60 clams.. However, we can't replace the bathroom tile, that has a hairline fracture in it, as we don't have a leftover tile - and the lawyer said we didnt have to fix it since its cosmetic anyway. We even fixed things mentioned at the inspection but not noted on the formal report... So, the new owner called thinking the entire bathroom floor was cracked.. I couldnt help but laugh...and once again, he asked about the refrige and the washer /dryer... So.. He is coming over today to check out the cracked tile , and he wants another lesson in maintaining the humidifier, and instructions on the Fireplace -- Oh this poor guy knows nothing about home ownership, and his poor fiancee says Sean is not handy at all.. Anyway, we think we'll sell him the washer/dryer and fridge.. Our rental has a fridge, but we will need a dryer since they run on electric and ours is gas..I'm not emotionally attached to these appliances.. and it will save us even more if we don't move them...
Alrighty then, time to put the kettle on for another cup of pseudo cawfee.

Have a great day everyone!!!!
Old 08-11-2005, 08:00 AM   #7  
I vant to draw your blood

Good morning, Chicklets~~

Sitting here drinking a strawberry smoothie. Okay, what is this the umpteeth day of rain for us? I wish that smilie wasn't smiling. I'm scowling, even though I know it'll leave lines between my eyes.

Ruth, have fun with your cousin.

Schatzi, I'd drink the TC decaf over Starbucks any day! They over roast their beans something awful. Blech!! One of these days, after you get settled, come down to Atlanta and let me take you to the Farmers Market and I'll buy you a cup of Jamaica Blue Mountain. Talk about Bliss by the cupful, mon!

Laurie, kudos on the gym, girl! I really miss going, not my joints, but the rest of me.

Kiko, doesn't it suck that we actually have to WORK for a living!?!?!

Dana, congrats for hanging in there! And welcome, I don't think we've met!

Okay, I'm outta here! Everyone have a great day on the beach!
Old 08-11-2005, 08:28 AM   #8  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Can somebody drive me to work? I've already had my "refreshing" shower and I'm still falling asleep sitting up. My dad always is sluggish for his first week of SBD, so since I'm on Day 4, I'm waiting for the sluggishness to pass. I'm POOPED. Can't wait to get to work and buy my Diet Coke.

Speaking of POOPED, after only 3 days I had a bathroom celebration. (Most of you will understand what I mean.)

Congrats on the working out Laurie! WOO HOO. Better than I'm doing, that's for sure. The Y here has Kickboxing, Pilates, Step classes, etc and I just can't get my butt out there to do them. I'll just stick to my crunches during commercials for awhile.

Well, it's already Thursday. One more work day and then the weekend, Hallelujah! I want to sleep in SO BADLY. Starting week after next, I have to get up a half hour earlier than I do now. And if my goal is to work out in the morning too, a half hour before that. I'm not a morning person, at all. My kind of morning is 10, not 6.

I know some of you get up LONG before 6, but I just can't do it.

Well, time to finish getting ready for work. You all have a fabulous day!
Old 08-11-2005, 08:30 AM   #9  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Morning...going to hop in the shower.

Laurie - you may have motivated me. I have tomorrow off (Yay flex days!) and may venture to the gym, alone and scared. Ugh, why did I let it get this bad? I've been paying $33 a month and I haven't gotten there since February!!!

Motivation anyone? Got some extra??? Send it my way!!!

Happy Thursday (my Friday!)
Old 08-11-2005, 08:32 AM   #10  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Morning chicks another qickie for me as I am busy making music discs and trying to organize things for dance class. I have been busy here at home to everyone is coming off vacations so the kids are picking up again here. I will be glad when school goes back in in three weeks. Then I will be able to get back to normal. Yesterday I was feeling ill with some stomach thing and I still have it today. The only thing that seems to settle my belly is gingerale and crackers. Well I hate to dash but I must go try to accomplish something. Have a great day.
Old 08-11-2005, 08:38 AM   #11  
Kyemom

GOOOOD MOOORRRNNNINNNGGG!!
Hope everyone had a nice night. I am feeling a bit better today. I can actually breathe out of one nostril! I am trying to evaluate what I am eating, cause I am loosing inches, but not dropping pounds. I have been doing the treadmill & the bike, and just not dropping!! It gets discouraging. I don't really feel like being at work today, but there are bills to pay, so I know I need the money!! ANyway, have a nice OP day, and I will check back in a bit.
Old 08-11-2005, 08:42 AM   #12  
GARDENING ADDICT

Just a quick drive-by while I attempt to wake up

Laurie~~I'm so happy to see you back again. Major congrats on your academic accomplishments

I'll catch up later
Old 08-11-2005, 08:50 AM   #13  

Good morning, everyone! Vacation is almost over for us but we have been having a ball. Tuesday we did the Children's Museum in the morning and then spent the afternoon at the beach. My son hadn't been in the ocean in 4 years and now that he is a good swimmer, he loves jumping the waves! Lots of good exercise. Yesterday we took the long drive to Columbia and went to the Zoo. We were there most of the day. We managed to avoid most of the rain while we were there and then it stormed the whole way back.

Last night we joined friend's of my sister's for dinner at a Japanese steak house. I'm sure the sauces had lots of sugar but the food was great. I haven't had any cravings even when I've eat things that were not OP. Today we plan to go to the Charleston Museum for a little history and then we fly back home this evening. Just in time too since the school supply sale and Meet the Teacher are both tomorrow.
Old 08-11-2005, 08:53 AM   #14  
Who needs sleep?

Hello,

I'm up early with back pain and allergies as usual, plus a cold.... It's 5:25 am my time zone, and I've been up for maybe an hour at this point . I'm hoping to sneak in a little more sleep before my bundle of joy wakes up, but who knows! It's a good thing that I don't need much sleep ! DS has a cold, though, so he might sleep in....

My MIL is coming to visit (although I still need to warn her that DS and I have "codes"...sniffff....achoo!), my house is a wreck , the cat is being even more neurotic than usual , DS is starting to teeth again (2nd set of molars, here we come!), and DH will be gone all morning (2nd interview - he's been out of work for almost 6 months now)... it's going to be one of those days, I think , but we'll see - it's early yet!
Old 08-11-2005, 08:54 AM   #15  
beachbum

Good Morning Chicks

The ants are gone Yipeee!! and its looks like we're going to be able to walk along the beach today. Watched very carefully what I put in my mouth as I want to keep that scale down to keep my ticker under 150. Had alot of raw veggies as snacks watching T.V.

Laura-Thanks for starting the thread. Sounds like your doing ok in the exercising dept. Keep up the good work.

Marianna-That wonderful that you meet so many friends Like the old song says"People That Need People Are The Luckiest People In The World" Won't know what to do without my friends.

Dana-To me the SB has done the impossible that out diet out there can't do.Big congrats for pasting up the dessert.

Ruth-One piece of pie won't hurt you,its if you continued to eat the whole pie. Enjoy!!

Kiko-Working & having children can be hard ,if you don't have some one to really care for them until your return home.I was Lucky my Dh was on the graveyard shift,and was able to take care of them after school.

Schatzi-Hope everything will go smooth with your new house.

Have to go, have a nice day Hugs BB
Closed Thread