South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-20-2004, 06:05 AM   #1  

Default Tuesday tittle tattle

Morning all
Just a quick check in and thread start....I am off to work. I had a good brunch of eggs scrambled with splenda and blueberries and cinnamon (yes, it tastes ok....it was supposed to be a pancake but I lost patience).

One client today, although I see her over in north london so a bit of a long haul to get there, for an hour's work (for which I only get paid £20.....I really have to up my rates). But then I have the afternoon free for whatever seems to grab my fancy. Hmmm. Maybe I will end up gardening again, as usual....

see you later, alligators.
Old 07-20-2004, 06:12 AM   #2  

mamacita, maybe it is called a frog strangler because all the frogs drown because they cant get out of the water. Or maybe they are all so busy swimming in the flood water they dont have time to sit on rocks and croak, so therefore people think they have been strangled.

Old 07-20-2004, 07:25 AM   #3  
I vant to draw your blood

Good morning, Chickies~~

Clovey, maybe you're right about those frogs. We have lots of tree frogs around here and when they croak, you'd think they WERE being strangled! LOL! And yeah, I think a rate hike for your services would be in order, especially if you make house calls. Nobody does those anymore. Say 40 pounds per hour and 60 if it's a house call? Gotta keep up with inflation you know...and pay for that house in Somerset!

Thoroughly enjoyed the pot roast last night. It's next incarnation will be enchiladas. Not OP, I know, but the family has been haranguing me to make them. Would it be too terrible if I made one really FAT one for me so I would only consume one corn tortilla?

The down side to that lovely pot roast last night was that I think it had a wee bit too much salt in it. I weighed and was up 3 pounds! So it will be water guzzling for me today. And cottage cheese, hard boiled eggs and celery for lunch today.

Hope you chicks have a great day on the Beach!

Mamacita
Old 07-20-2004, 08:19 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Quick post to start a pretty hot and humid and busy day.

Here's what's happened so far:
- woke up
- threw up - WTF?
- cleaned up Hershey poop - WTF?
- watered porch plants
- made Sarah's list

Now I'm throwing on a smile and a cool long dress and am off to the library program leaving Sarah in charge!
Old 07-20-2004, 08:29 AM   #5  

morning chickies!!!
ruth could it be "morning" sickness ??? with all this puppy preg. talk you never know. seriously hope you feel better soon you poor dear.

clovey another exciting title to start the day!! have a good one.

mama the pot roast sounds delish, as far as a fat enchilada goes i don't know but i think i would be thinking along the same lines. have a good day.

well not much going on here. i am recovering from the weekend still. we took the kids to geauga lake ( an amusement park) on sunday and walked out tail feathers off so i was too busy at work and just plain too pooped to post yesterday. i started today off with a totally op bfast and brought a good lunch also so i'm feeling pretty good. just work for me today as baseball season is finally over for us!!! yahooo!!! football starts for ds next week though so i wont party too hard.
well i hope you all have a great day!! will try to stop in again later.
Old 07-20-2004, 08:58 AM   #6  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Hoo boy, must be cloudy here today because I'm draggin HARD. My body doesn't want to be up yet! For anyone who's been paying attention to my thred, I DID IT!!! This morning it hit me like a ton of bricks, and I did it all by myself! Thank you, thank you.

Another day of 2 jobs today....however Job #2 has my friend "Sadi" who works there, and she started the diet Thursday and has been sticking to it, and it's really fun talking with her about weight loss and all that jazz.

Speaking of weight loss, I know I'm only supposed to weigh myself once a week, but I've been stuck at 147 for 4 days now, and I just started Week 2 of Ph1. Could that be because I've been building muscle with working out every night? I want that scale to MOVE, darnit! I feel like I'm NEVER going to hit my goal weight. I was all inspired because I lost 8 lbs in my first week, but man! I'd like to lose some more now please.

I guess I'd better go make some breakfast. You all have a good day!
Old 07-20-2004, 09:22 AM   #7  

Good morning everyone!!

Well we are off to the doctor for my yougust DD. SHe had an ear infrection 2 weeks ago, so its a recheck but she started to run a fever yearsterday so who knows.

I am supose to weight this Am i've been on SBD for 2 weeks today. But I did not get on the scale for fear of water weight!! I am so Bloated and soar! We must all be in sinc! Through email that is pretty bizare. Well I am just hope to stay on plan since my appitite general jumps this week.

I am so glad weeezle of your break through!! I know you feel a lot better. You know that may be why you have not moved on the scale! You body need to get rid of that stuff and if it can't it might add a little to your scale? Just a thought.

Well got to go chang a diaper and got to the Dr. Will check in with you later girls. Have a great Tuesday.
Old 07-20-2004, 09:31 AM   #8  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Morning Chickies!

Kiko (Monday thread), could your tiredness be the beginning of a pregnancy? : I hope you get some sleep poor dear!

Clovey, marvelous title! You are very good at this! You definitely need to up your rates, girl! I pay $95 American per session and everyone I've been talking with says that prices in the UK are horrendous. And you make house calls??? Definitely need to raise that price. Or make house calls to the U.S. to save me money. Enjoy your afternoon.

Mamacita, I feel your pain, girl! I was up a pound this morning, too. Eeek! We'll both be doing the bathroom dance today. The enchiladas sound amazing. I suppose you could make yours a flauta and grill it in a WW tortilla...but that really wouldn't be the same. Do what you think is best.

Ruth! You poor dear! I think Jodi might be right...morning sickness in sympathy with what's to come with the girls! Actually, there's some horrible stomach bug going around here...wonder if it might have crossed the border into the great North? Hope your day becomes much better!!!

Jodi, glad to hear you had a great weekend! I am excited to have a "normal" week this week too. Isn't it funny how free your normal routine feels after a week of after work commitments? Does DH play football or watch it?

Weezle, most people lose less the second week. Don't stress it too hard, okay? Just keep on keepin on. You can put that worry to good use by going over your plan with a fine tooth comb and make sure nothing has snuck in, that you are drinking tons of water (are you tired of hearing that? ), etc. I bet the scale will move soon. Also, if your TOM (time of month) is looming, that might affect your loss, too.

Not too much going on today. I gained a pound this morning. *sigh* Not sure why, but think I might have consumed too much fat yesterday. I have to go and work with a student, then present my brochure...will check in later.

Have a great day, all!
Old 07-20-2004, 10:50 AM   #9  
RNMOM

Default Hello

Nice coolish day here, great thundershower yesterday and everything is so green today. Early morning phone call from my daughter who was on her way home from work. She's doing SB and working out so she'll look good when they all come home. It's amazing what weight loss does for your self-esteem. A few months ago I was so worried about her, she was so depressed when we would talk on the phone. Now she's feels like she's taking control and is working out with a trainer and everything. The difference is amazing.

All of the family will be home in 3 weeks and we're all excited. It's been two years since we were together. We're planning on going to Jackson Hole, West Yellowstone, floating down the Buffalo River and water skiing. I don't think we'll be bored!

I've been pretty hungry lately, more than usual, I'm not sure what that's all about. I know I need to drink more water.

Well, I'm waiting to read Jenne's post..............WHERE ARE YOU???

Ruth, sorry about the barfy day or barky day. Hopefully you and the girls will feel better soon.

Clovey, how 'bout coming to Idaho to make a housecall?????

Mama, do you ever stop and rest????

Weezle, hang on honey, the weight will come. My second week wasn't as wonderful as my first either.

You all have a great day!
Old 07-20-2004, 11:07 AM   #10  
Faith in me

Good Morning Ladies,

Ok I'm back into the game...My aunt flies back to Florida today...Well good news is that I can fit into an old pair of jeans! YAY! AND I have a phone interview/screening tomorrow morning....(i hate those things...i feel stupid when i do them) BUT it's an interview! Cross your fingers for me ladies!!!! I have to go out shopping in a lil bit to find my dad a b-day present....not sure what to get him....Tomorrow afternoon I get to go swimming at my brothers and his fiance's apt...and Friday I'm going with my mom, and my brother's fiance and her mom to look at wedding dresses...which will be so much fun!! I can't wait! How is everyone doing?
Old 07-20-2004, 12:34 PM   #11  
cac

hi everyone.

I just completed 40 minutes on the elpse (3.1 miles). I can feel the difference when I work out. I am able to concentrate more and it seems easier.

I have some good news. I can fit into my formal suit! I have a weeding to go to Saturday and did not want to have to purchase any more clothes. It is still tight but wearable.

I have not lost any weight recently but things are fitting better.

Hope everyone has a nice day!
cac
Old 07-20-2004, 12:58 PM   #12  

Default Happy Tuesday!!

I think I have to start checking in sooner in the day, responding to everyone makes for a long message.

Clovey - Another vote for you to up thy rates, my dear.

Mamacita - First, YUM. And I say go for the enchilada. If you don't do it on occasion, you can't learn to control cravings and maintain one day...right?

Ruth - Hope your belly has settled down. Love your attitude, I would have crawled back into bed. Inspiration!!

Jodi - That amusement park chain must have had a park in NY when I was little I recognize the name as the place my grandparents would take me when I visited them. It was FUN.

Weezle - and check the weight tomorrow after you down a bunch o' water today. I bet you see a difference.

skherb - Go ahead and weigh in. If you have not peeked in almost 2 weeks, you will still see a loss despite that TOM.

beachgal - I bet you can piddle that one pound away with some water!!

RNMOM - I am also looking for Jenne. And that your family is coming home.

historychick - My interview fingers are

cac - to your suit!! Feels good doesn't it?

In my neck of the woods, went for a long power walk last night and tonight is kickboxing. I am on a MISSION to meet my July goal. Fighting the urge to weigh in daily.

My biggest challenge? I am starting my own company and one of the products I am making is DELISH and full o' chocolate. Have an order from a friend for a couple batches for her vacation. How will I *ever* get this made without eating some semi-sweet morsels??
Old 07-20-2004, 01:08 PM   #13  

Okay, I didn't make it here until the afternoon but I've been busy. Oh, I was down this morning to the weight I was on Saturday morning. That sleepless night caused me to gain two pounds Sunday morning and it has taken this long to lose those stubborn two pounds.

I am so bummed! I got a call yesterday from the doc's office. Apparently my physical was yesterday. I KNOW they told me it was today! So now I have to wait until next Monday to find out how my cholesterol is. But it does give me more time to lose some more weight before I see her. I REALLY REALLY would love to be under 180 (I'm 180.5 now). I don't think she has ever seen me that low in the 10 plus years she has been my doctor.

Never did exercise yesterday but I'm going to in a bit while the Latex primer I'll be putting on the floor dries. I'm letting the patching stuff dry now.

Yesterday I took the time to fillet a salmon I got at the store. It was only 99 cents a pound! I had enough to cook it last night and freeze two meals worth of salmon steaks for later. It was a lot of work but I can't beat the cost!
Old 07-20-2004, 01:31 PM   #14  

laurie- it is my ds (13yo) that plays football for his school, so practice starts next week for him. 5 days a week so this week is my little reprive from mom's taxi service (well at least for sport related things) good luck with the brochure presentation!!

rnmom it is great your whole family is going to get together for a visit hope you all have a great time!! sounds like you have lots of fun things planned to do.

hi wezle don't work too hard. glad you have support at job #2. i think the muscle you are building has alot to do with the stall hang in there!!

skherb hope the baby feels better soon!!

historychick good luck with the interview!!! phone or not i'm sure you will do great!!

cac WOW for you with the exercise!!! keep up the great work!!!

smilintwins you will meet the july goal!!! great job on the exercise and mixing up the activities. oh yum chocolates, sorry i'm no help there totally weak to the powers of chocolate!!! i'm sure you will do fine though!!

barb wow great price on salmon good luck with the tiny loss before your dr visit!!!

if i missed anyone i'm sorry!! not intentional at all!! have a great day!!
Old 07-20-2004, 05:31 PM   #15  
I vant to draw your blood

Good Afternoon/evening Chicks~~

So far, I've had a really great OP day. Now, If I can just keep the momentum going thru dinner. Not sure what I'm fixing yet. Saving those enchiladas for the weekend.

I guzzled about 64 oz of water today. Can't drink in the evenings or I'll be up doing the pee-pee dance all night instead of sleeping.

Ruth, sorry for the pukey beginning to your day. Hope it's nothing.

Barb, your doc is going to be so proud of you when she sees your weight.

RNMOM, I LMAO at your comment. I'm pretty much a slug. I just do enough to get by. Hee hee

All you exercisers, you make me really feel like a slug. Wish I had it in me to get out there and be one of those fitness fanatics. ~~sigh~~

Had an interesting end to my work day. This 21 yo young stud comes in for some blood work and faints on me!! He was so embarrassed. He even asked me if he'd "died for a minute". I didn't laugh, I promise, but I wanted to. Called my boss and put in an order for a full box of those ammonia ampules. I've used up my allotment already.

Hope everyone has a great evening.

Mamacita
Closed Thread