South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 01-25-2010, 09:07 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Wii Work Out On the Beach!

Ok, here's our own special thread for those of us with a Wii.

I'm still a newbie with mine, as I just purchased it this past Saturday and am still familiarizing myself with it. I've been wanting to do yoga for years, so that's the main program I'm learning right now. I had always thought yoga looked easy, but was I ever wrong! I'm having to really work on my balance, but it's slowly improving. I've sampled some of the other activities, and I'm pretty good at the Hula Hoop and that ski jump thing, but pathetic on the others, lol! My goal is to steadily improve my balance and ace everything by the time summer rolls around.
cottagebythesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 09:15 AM   #2  
not looking back

S/C/G: 196/150

Height: 5'7

I love wii fit! It's so much fun to play on, I just picked up the second one last weekend. EA sports is very tough for me to do, one day at a time.
smith1313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 09:30 AM   #3  

S/C/G: maintaining

I am so glad to see this thread because I am very intrigued hearing all you chicks talk about your Wii workouts.

If I understand this correctly I would need to buy a console, then the Wii, then maybe extra "games." Is that right? Any ideas how much it all costs now?
WaistingTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 09:42 AM   #4  
Teresa

S/C/G: 228/ticker/160

Height: 5'7 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaistingTime View Post
I am so glad to see this thread because I am very intrigued hearing all you chicks talk about your Wii workouts.

If I understand this correctly I would need to buy a console, then the Wii, then maybe extra "games." Is that right? Any ideas how much it all costs now?
I love all the exercise games you can get for the Wii. You would need to buy the Wii console which is $199 and the Wii Fit is the balance board with the game which is $99. I found the Wii Fit Plus was a little cheaper on Amazon.com when I gave one to my daughter for xmas. The prices are about the same wherever you go, but actually found some of the accessories were cheaper at Best Buy than they were at Walmart. I think now it's called the Wii Fit Plus as they added more things on the game. I have both the EA Sports games as well as just picked up the Biggest Loser but haven't had a chance to play it. It's great because you can get your exercise at home, change it up as you'd like and it can be fun if you have someone doing it with you.
TeresaG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 09:57 AM   #5  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Ohhh, a fun thread

We have the Fit Plus and Biggest Loser. To be honest all I ever use is Fit. I'm sure eventually I'll use other stuff but I'm really loving the Wii Fit. I do get my cardio elsewhere though.

I have a 30 minute morning workout of yoga & strength stuff. Usually I do advanced step after just to get the blood flowing. I usually get at least another half hour in later with lots of aerobics, some jackknives, and rowing squats and lunges if I didn't do them in the morning.

I strongly suggest people who have never done yoga spend a little time with either a video or Exercise tv. The Fit does not do a great job of explaining positioning and is downright wrong on downward facing dog. I like the Yoga Zone DVDs just for form.

Meeting time. I'll be back
CyndiM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 11:04 AM   #6  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

I am going to start my Wii Active (and Wii Fit weigh-in) today! I 've been saying I will for 2 weeks now but just haven't found time to do it. My goal is to get on it 3x this week and start with the super basic workout. Nowhere to go but up.

I've been having a dream lately where I am jogging outside. Unless I want to be beat up by my own b00bs, not going to happen anytime soon but perhaps it's an ultimate exercise goal?!

Will update after tonight's completion!
jenne1017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 12:06 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 220/178/140

Height: 5'1''

Oh I love the wii fit plus! Boxing and advanced step are my favorites in the aerobics section and I can tell a HUGE difference in my balance in other games since starting it this month!
bbygrl1117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 12:18 PM   #8  
Working on healthy

Ahh, an expert! I have the most frustrating time with the boxing on the Fit. I cannot get it to register more than 50% of my punches and I've tried about everything I can think of. Any tips you want to share??
Old 01-25-2010, 01:16 PM   #9  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

I'm about to go try ours out! So excited!
tomandkara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 01:42 PM   #10  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

I'm excited! I bought a new serger with my Wii money and am cleaning out a spot in my office so I can sew until it's bike riding season

Actually, I would love one...I'll look the next time I'm at Costco.
Lexxiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 01:44 PM   #11  

Are you holding the Wii right and are you punching in time/rythmn with the "voice"? It's called rythmn boxing and I didn't get why until about 10 tries in.

boxing might be added to the list tonight. FIGHT THE FAT!
Old 01-25-2010, 02:22 PM   #12  
Working on healthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenne1017 View Post
Are you holding the Wii right and are you punching in time/rythmn with the "voice"? It's called rythmn boxing and I didn't get why until about 10 tries in.

boxing might be added to the list tonight. FIGHT THE FAT!
I have held the wiimote as pictured and sideways (that seems a little better oddly) and I'm pretty good about the rhythm but it still doesn't register a lot of my punches. It's too bad because it's one of the more aerobic activities on there.
Old 01-25-2010, 02:35 PM   #13  
South Beacher

S/C/G: 230/211/175

Height: 5'7

I am going to do the wii fit tonight.

Question do you like the biggest loser version? I looked at this this weekend.

Tammie
tammies00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 05:42 PM   #14  

hahaha Cyndi. I recorded myself doing it, I think. I usually get 1100+ punches in (if I remember correctly) on advanced. hmmmmm
Old 01-25-2010, 05:51 PM   #15  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Yeah, great thread!!!

I ordered the biggest loser one yesterday. Love the yoga and other exercises and finally got the boxing down and got "promoted"...awful at the ducks so far, but I'll get there. Did the sports boxing last night and knocked that sucker out in the second round. I was panting when I got done. Did the sports bowling one with my son a few times yesterday. he beat me every time, but I was close!!! (My excuse is that he's had more practice!)

Redid my "age" yesterday morning...it said I was 62. Did it again about 20 minutes later and it said "29"! I'm not touching it again...I'll stay at 29, thankyou! I did set a goal when I got it last week and had the goal set for the 29th. I reached the goal Friday, so that's pretty good.

For the last week, I've been doing it for about an hour in the evenings from 6-7..workout first, then games!. A perfect "topping" for the gym in the morning and gets rid of work fatigue too.

Last edited by femmecreole; 01-25-2010 at 05:55 PM.
femmecreole is offline   Reply With Quote