South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 02-21-2010, 12:58 PM   #61  
beachin'

S/C/G: 240/125/130

Height: 5'8

Do you have the fit plus or the regular one? Can anyone tell me the difference between the two? I have a feeling we have the regular one. We bought it last year.

I definitely need to get back into it. I got sidetracked and stopped doing it all the time, but I need to make it a priority!
zeffryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 01:01 PM   #62  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

I have both -- the new one has a lot more games, if you click on the clock you can now get your calories burned and you can set up workouts. It's only $20 for the plus as an upgrade...but I still LOVE step and boxing which are the old games
jenne1017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 04:10 PM   #63  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

I'm another big fan of the step aerobics and the running. I can't believe that I'm actually running, after all these years! I've been doing the 20 minute Island Lap, and can run almost 3.5 miles in that time, without being out of breath even.
I just ordered the riser thing for the step aerobics from Amazon to get a better workout. I've been doing the Advanced Step for a while now, so I think I'm ready to take it to a higher level.

I was concerned that I'd get bored with the Wii after a while, considering the money I was putting out for it, but it's the best money I've ever spent. I'm having a blast and look forward to my workout every day. Whoda thunk it?
cottagebythesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 05:27 PM   #64  
Be happy.

Linda, I agree 100%. Now I wish I hadn't waited so long to get mine.
I'm having so much fun that I often use it 2x/day.

How do you know how far you've run on the island lap? That's my favorite too and I focus a lot on my burn rate, but haven't noticed it saying distance anywhere.... I suppose I could google - but I'd rather just ask you.

Last edited by Heidi58; 02-21-2010 at 05:28 PM.
Heidi58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 05:52 PM   #65  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Heidi & Jenn - Can I combine more than just strength and yoga? Sounds like I'm missing something important. Must go figure it out!

I love our Wii too. We almost bought one last year then decided against it. Glad DD got us started. I did just order the Active to step it up a little. I love the Wii so much that more of my fitness is happening with it so thought something a little more focused would be good. Of course soon it will be spring and the Wii will collect dust on sunny days It's great in the winter though and has really increased my active minutes.
CyndiM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 06:04 PM   #66  
Be happy.

I don't think you can combine item by item, (at least I haven't been able to figure out how and I've tried) but you can combine the programmed work outs by choosing "combine".

That's why I go with my lists. Once I find a fun combination that gives me the calorie burn I'm shooting for I make a list and note the time it takes. Instead of trying to remember my favorites I can grab a list off my bulletin board and whip through it without wasting time hunting.

I really wish there was a way to save more than one routine. I alternate strength and yoga so I have to change my routine every day. Before I shut it off I use a list [surprise ] to program what I'll need the next day, but it would be way easier to just have multiple routines saved.

(I've been googling trying to find out how to figure an approximate distance for the island lap but no luck so far. Lots of wild guesses out there though. )
Old 02-21-2010, 06:28 PM   #67  
beachin'

S/C/G: 240/125/130

Height: 5'8

Sorry if I seem slow on this...is the plus a disc, or a download?..new hardware?

Ok, so, I actually did it today! The number of days since I was there was embarassing...let's just say my Mii was in a very, very, very deep sleep.

I did 30 minutes of step and 10 minutes of strength. I would have done more, but I needed to get the bathroom cleaned. I would say that scrubbing the shower, tub and floors was a workout in itself. my shoulders burned!

I'm kind of proud of myself. I have such good intentions lately and those intentions usually are foiled by facebook or chocolate cake. I've been learning lately to set small goals, and reaching those goals gives me motivation to set another one and reach that too! My Wii fit goal was like 60 lbs. I got discouraged so easily because it seemed like such an unattainable number. I set my new goal for 5 lbs. and am already 1.7 lbs down. It truly is the little victories.

Also, these small exercise goals really push my motivation for food goals. I have been perfectly on plan all day and I feel so good about it. Now to conquer dinner and before bed (my hardest time!), each meal that passes is motivation to continue to the next.
zeffryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 06:58 PM   #68  
Be happy.

Zeffryn, it's a disc.
I had to get the bundle, because I didn't have a balance board. All you would need is the $20 disc. I picked one up at WalMart yesterday to send to my daughter. She has the wii fit and wasn't going to spend the money on the upgrade but I think the extras are well worth the $20. And I like to send her little 'love presents'. lol

I think you should be proud of yourself.
I remember having little ones at home and how hard it was to find/make time for myself. Those were great times and I'd turn the clock back if I could - but it's kind of nice to have more free time now.
Old 02-21-2010, 07:41 PM   #69  

Heidi, when I'm doing the Island Lap, there's a little box in the upper left corner that shows how far I've gone, and also how many minutes I have remaining.

Has anyone done that Lotus thing? Where you sit in a lotus position on the board and concentrate on the candle? We were doing that yesterday, and it's a riot! And little Carley had the longest time of all of us, lol!
Old 02-21-2010, 08:24 PM   #70  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Yes, I can't do it for sh!t cottage but DW can lotus herself silly. I've got no sense of calm I guess! LOL
jenne1017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 08:55 PM   #71  
Be happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cottagebythesea View Post
Heidi, when I'm doing the Island Lap, there's a little box in the upper left corner that shows how far I've gone, and also how many minutes I have remaining.

Has anyone done that Lotus thing? Where you sit in a lotus position on the board and concentrate on the candle? We were doing that yesterday, and it's a riot! And little Carley had the longest time of all of us, lol!
I think I have to go check that out right now. I can't believe I've never seen it. My time varies by how fast I'm running, does yours?

I'm not so good at the candle thing either, although I'm getting better as time goes on. I shut my eyes and that helps. (Of course I guess that might be cheating? I'm not sure. lol) Even though I expect it, I always jump when the guy yells, "CUT!"
Old 02-21-2010, 09:05 PM   #72  
Working on healthy

I can't do the lotus thing. That darned board is too hard to sit on without fidgeting! I've had the same problem with the plank. It hurts my arms. Tonight I experimented with a thin fleece blanket over the board and it worked great. I'll have to try that with the lotus. One problem with losing weight - no padding!
Old 02-21-2010, 10:04 PM   #73  
Be happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cottagebythesea View Post
Found it!
It's the Free Run. I'd never tried that one before. I usually do the Basic Run or the Basic Run Plus, where you follow a guide and can open different levels and paths.

Because the user manual said you could turn the channel while you do the free run I didn't realize you could see the island and familiar miis while you run. duh! My mom's mii passed me several times.

I'll definitely do the Free Run again. Have you tried the Basic Run Plus? It's pretty cute - you follow cats and there is a quiz at the end to see how observant you are. My favorite is the Basic Run though. I love the Island lap - I haven't found all the paths yet but I'm pretty close.
Old 02-23-2010, 06:56 AM   #74  
Working on healthy

Heidi - thanks for the tip on the Free Run Plus. I had fun with that last night.
For those who absolutely cannot run (like me, the bounce drives my back muscles into instant spasm) you can power walk and it still recognizes the pace. Hope the power stays on so I can play lots of Wii games the next two days
Old 02-28-2010, 07:13 AM   #75  

Heidi, I haven't tried the Free Run Plus yet, but I was looking at it yesterday while my DD was here. She was showing me lots of the activities in the Training Plus that I haven't done yet. The biking looks like something I'll really enjoy, and am going to start including that in my routine. I think it's hilarious to see my family's Mii's running around while I'm doing my routines. LOL!

My DD brought out the Winter Olympic games with her yesterday, and we really had fun with them. They make you feel like you're really at the Olympics!

BTW, I've already talked about the riser platform in the Daily, but I love mine and highly recommend it if you enjoy doing the step aerobics. It's good and sturdy and doesn't move around, and I can really feel the difference it makes. I was a little worried that I'd fall or trip while using it, but you get used to the height quickly.