South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 01-26-2010, 01:28 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 218/176/150

Height: Five foot Three inches

Quote:
Originally Posted by cottagebythesea View Post
Kara, mine seems to be reporting my weight correctly. It's higher than I thought, but it has gone steadily down since Saturday.

I did the step thing this morning, and it was pretty fun, but I did get messed up a few times. I tried the boxing, too, but I can't quite figure out what I'm supposed to do with the numchuk thing. Do I click the buttom with each punch? I wish it would explain each game a little better, or maybe I'm just too dense to understand it. I did the beginner's run 3 times and really enjoyed that one.
For boxing your feet have to be in step with the characters feet and if they aren't it won't record the punch. That is where I was having trouble. You don't have to click any buttons.

I don't think I like my Biggest Loser game.
Hot Harmony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 10:04 AM   #32  

S/C/G: 220/178/140

Height: 5'1''

I had a problem with registering punches at first. Your feet have to be placed correctly or they won't register. So if it shows left on wii board and right in front, you have to have that stance for the punches to register. Also, as soon as the red target appears, punch it. Try these and see if it works! Also, if you like that, the kung fu activity is soooo much fun!
bbygrl1117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 10:30 AM   #33  

S/C/G: 256/???/150

I love my Wii! I can't say i've pulled out the wii fit plus recently,and I think the Biggest Loser that I just bought might collect some dust(at least until I get in better shape),but I'm loving EA Active more workouts and Just Dance

I've been averaging about 20-25 minutes a day playing Just Dance(doing a challenge on another board) and since I can feel that more in my upper body,I'll do step aerobics with ea active.
zoritsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 12:31 PM   #34  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

Zorista, what is Just Dance? Is that on the regular Wii Fit menu?
tomandkara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 03:25 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 256/???/150

It's a whole seperate game,kind of like DDR,but you play with one remote.It has 30 songs,and I would definately either rent it,or wait till it's on sale...as some people ended up not liking it because of there onlyt being 30 songs to choose from.I love it though! I can't dance and really don't like dancing,but this is fun to follow along to.Also,it scores you,so it would be fun to have others to dance with(can be used by up to 4 players).
zoritsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 04:04 PM   #36  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

Thanks!
tomandkara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 07:00 PM   #37  
Be happy.

Our wii console came today so I can use my wii fit plus!
I've been having so much fun!
It weighed me 3 lbs higher than my bathroom scale, and told me my "age" was 54. I'm hoping to shave a little off of that next time - but to tell you the truth I expected much worse. I felt like I had no clue what I was doing.

I spent quite a bit of time on the balance games today, trying to figure them out. I was getting tired and was just finishing up to go fix supper when my DH came in to see how I was doing. He said he wanted to play so we checked out a few of the games we'd seen in the online video previews. (His idea of playing was sitting on the bed and giving me directions. lol)

I am planning to play some more once I get supper out of the way and the kitchen cleaned up.

Last edited by Heidi58; 02-05-2010 at 07:01 PM.
Heidi58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 07:13 PM   #38  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Awesome Heidi!

I got Wii Fit Plus too! I like it thus far. I too weighed in 3 lbs higher but forgot to change my clothing setting (sweatpants weigh more than yoga ones or shorts) and I was only age 34 yesterday!
jenne1017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 07:41 PM   #39  
Be happy.

I'm such a goof that I ran downstairs and weighed myself in the same outfit to compare. lol I don't really care which weight is correct as long as they both keep going down.

How does the age thing work, do you know? It said it took my BMI, test scores and age into account. How much is my real life age going to work against me?

I'm anxious to get back upstairs and start playing again. I made the cutest little gray haired mii with pink glasses. I think she's waiting for me....
Old 02-05-2010, 08:56 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Heidi, I'm not sure how that age thing works. Mine gives me a different age every time I check it. I felt like a complete klutz the first few times, but you'll catch on quickly. My favorite is the advanced step aerobics. I could do that all day long. I like the hula hoop and run, too. I'm awful on the balance games.
Have fun!
cottagebythesea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 09:35 PM   #41  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

I have balance issues and am terrible at the ski slalom thing. I'd be great if it would give me extra points for capturing the most flags though
CyndiM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 05:01 AM   #42  
Be happy.

You and me both Cyndi!
I feel better about how lousy I am at the skiing now that I've read this. lol

Linda, the advanced step aerobics is my favorite right now too, I love both of the step ones and also the .... hmmm... is it kung fu moves? I racked up an hour and a half yesterday - probably would have been more but our power went out.

I'm sure the novelty will wear off but right now I feel like a little kid, I can't wait til I can play some more. (Fergie's still sleeping, otherwise..... )

I can't figure out the parade/marching one. I've done it several times and scored a grand total of 0 each time!

Last edited by Heidi58; 02-06-2010 at 05:02 AM.
Old 02-09-2010, 08:05 PM   #43  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

So does anyone have the Biggest Loser game? I read great reviews of that but just can't warm up to it. Too many lags and really hard to follow the workout unless you are looking at the screen every minute. I keep finding myself doing the previous exercise
CyndiM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 09:46 PM   #44  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Nope - I haven't heard good things about it so I didn't opt to buy it. Hopping on the Wii Fit Plus tomorrow to do more exploring.
jenne1017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 09:06 AM   #45  

I have EA Sports Active, Gold's Gym and Let's Dance. They're all great fun and surprisingly good exercise for me as a former couch potato. I'm due another workout on my 30 day challenge this afternoon... hopefully my little boy will have a nap so that I can squeeze it in. He has a nasty habit of standing very close to me when I Wii, and I'm always terrified that I'll punch him
Shimmy Slim is offline   Reply With Quote