South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 07-16-2008, 06:17 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Wednesday Coffee on The Beach

Lovely morning here aside from the whiff of skunk! The dogs and I sat on the deck until they started to agitate for breakfast.

The Pypers are gone after a whirlwind visit but will be back on Monday for the week. I am really hoping for good weather so they can be out in the boat a lot! This house is pretty small for five adults and three dogs although I love them all dearly. Glen and John have asked for a job list to do during the week and I'm planning to make one for sure!

This morning I'm off to get the oil changed in my car and will take Disney for a walk around the bustling metropolis of Athens, Ontario, population 1000. She's on the schedule to do a trial run at the clinic for pet therapy at noon.

The rest of the day will be some more weeding, picking of sugar snap peas (great crop!) and just plain old relaxing with my book. Next week will be really hectic with company and the Fair so I'm grabbing as much relaxation as I can to build up my stash!

What's going on with you?
Old 07-16-2008, 06:27 AM   #2  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Ruth Sounds like a nice mellow day up in dog land. We are past peas here, seems like they are always gone too quickly. Enjoy yours!

I'm hoping that we will be off to a campground in a couple of hours. Depends on how Julie feels when she gets up. If we do go it will be up north Vermont instead of the White Mtns as the forecast has changed a bit. Either way I'd love to get out in the woods for a few days. It's supposed to get Hot here so mountains are good, especially if there's a pond too!

Have a good day Chicks
Old 07-16-2008, 06:30 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Thursday Cluckings

Monica and I were up late last night, and I slept in a tiny bit this morning. This is the last day of my vacation, so we're discussing what we're going to do with our day. Caitlyn had a date with her boyfriend last night, so she's taking the early train out this morning.
Carley was so cute last night. After supper she wanted to go to "Cherry Lane", and it took a while for us to figure out that she meant she wanted to go to the Dairy Queen.
Old 07-16-2008, 06:36 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning, Ruth and Cyndi!
Old 07-16-2008, 07:07 AM   #5  
Determined to lose!

Good Morning Ladies! Ruth, sounds like a nice quiet day...

Cyndi, I hope she feels better so you can go camping!

Cottage, GM...

Lets see, got the Den shampooed, today's chores are to finish washing the shelves, at least 3 inches of dust! YUCK! boys! LOL... Then I can start moving furniture in there! yeah!

yesterday I skipped my chores, I did shampoo the carpet in the den, but then I took Jade to the Lake. Oh man, we don't even get near the lake and she knows that is where we are headed! she goes nuts! But I'm a bit troubled at here. She loves everyone! Dogs, kids, people... but yesterday there was an old lady and Jade growled! didn't like her! I was embarrassed!

I touched base with one of the employers yesterday that I was hoping would offer me a position. They are debating between two candidates, and I am in that mix!
Old 07-16-2008, 07:26 AM   #6  
-

S/C/G: Size 16 to 18/Size 6/I'm there

Height: 5"3" Age: 55

Quick buzz in to say hello. Have to dash out in a minute, but couldn't leave without saying good morning!!!!!
Soo....who is watching Big Brother this season???

Last edited by femmecreole; 07-16-2008 at 07:27 AM.
Old 07-16-2008, 08:08 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Morning chicks!

Beautiful morning here. Off to work, then hiking with a friend in the mountains. I'll ignore my household duties for the sake of exercise .

Today was the first day the scale said 128!!! I set that goal not expecting to make it, or to struggle a lot. I honestly would like to be at or a bit below my college weight (I was heavier in high school due to my mom's meals!!), so I'm thinkin' somewhere b/w 120-124. Never thought I'd be below 130 again!! Thanks for all your help!!

Off to the chaos of children..
Old 07-16-2008, 08:35 AM   #8  
Determined to lose!

GM femme.. I don't watch much tv... in fact son is coming to take mine away!@ YEA! I have an OLD phonograph that I'm putting in it's place, yes, old vinyl records!

CONGRATS TWYNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-16-2008, 08:43 AM   #9  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Wait..... what day is it today?

Still ever spotted. Having slight itchiness but wondering if it's psychosomatic and I just itch a little because I know it's supposed to itch. It's definitely nothing as agonizing as a mosquito bite or anything.

Today is going to be a full day. I think my boss is coming in today, and I have two orientations at 10 that I have to get ready to start work. Then the standard marketing and other things that need done on Wednesdays.

Oh no. Tom's still sleeping and Little Guy got up so I told him to "play quietly" in his room. From across the house, I just heard a robotic voice say "WALL-E!" Hopefully it didn't wake Tom up. He got pretty sunburned at the pool yesterday. Apparently even Greek skin can fry. Poor thing is red from head to toe on the front side, and normal on the back. I'm sure it was hard for him to sleep last night. Lord knows I would've been miserable.

Well, I guess it's time to get moving. Hope everyone has a great day!

Lisa
Old 07-16-2008, 08:50 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 144.4/137/120

Height: 5

Whooo it's gonna be a hot one today!

Ruth enjoy your down time!

Cyndi Have fun, I would love to spend sometime in the woods!

Cottage Hope you have a great last day of your staycation!

Loriann good luck with that job!

Cat I'm watching big brother! Glad to see people are wise so early, I would hate to have to watch another season of a Dr. Will wannabe!

Twynn Way to go!

Me Work and more work. I know I have said this a million times but this mortgage crunch is going to be the death of me I swear! People are running scared including our sales people, have had 2 quit in one week! I personally think as a company we are going to be fine we just have to weather this storm. We are still getting a steady stream of applications, closing them is the tough part, underwriters are getting strict!

Hope everyone has a great day & stay cool!
Old 07-16-2008, 09:06 AM   #11  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

We are heading up to the woods! We are getting a lean-to just so we don't have to worry about the weather (one of the best things about camping in VT - most state parks offer lean-to sites). Will have to try out the new tent another time. Turns out there is a rail trail running through the campground so I'm bringing my bike too.

See everyone Saturday!
Old 07-16-2008, 09:24 AM   #12  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning Chickies,

Ruth enjoy your quiet time before the rush!

Cyndi sounds like a good time, have fun.

Cottage enjoy your last day of vacation.

Loriann got my fingers crossed for you.

Cat have a great day.

Twynn that is great I am so happy for you.

Stephanie hang in there it is tough for alot of people but I think the media blows up a lot too.

Weezle- have a good day and hope the little one stays quiet for a bit longer

Has for me- Last night DS and I went and got his glass prescriptions filled so he is ready for school, today work and dentist appointments and vet appointments and then I might go to the movies with a gf. Really enjoying the quiet and relaxing time before the girls get back
Old 07-16-2008, 09:27 AM   #13  
Heather-Nic

S/C/G: 293.5/248/220

Height: 5'7"

Ruth - nice to hear that you know how to relax. I hope Disney passes her test at the center today. Good luck!

Cyndi - Have fun in the woods. I'm sure you two will have a great time. Be safe on your bike.

Cottage - "Cherry Lane"....too cute! Enjoy your last day off before the girls come back. Have fun!

Loriann - Sounds like even though you didn't get your chores done you still were very busy yesterday. Keep up the hard work you're doing.

Cat - Sorry....no Big Brother here. Everyone at work is way into it, but I just can't invest in another show. Have a good one!

Twynn - CONGRATS!!! Great news! Way to go!

Weezle - Sorry to hear that you're starting to itch. I hope that goes away soon.

Steph - Wow, I hope things turn around for you and the company soon. This housing market is a serious bummer!

Pearlrose - Enjoy your movies today! What are you seeing?

Me - Still having beautiful days this month. It's not been too hot or too cool. They've been perfect summer days. So the plan is to get a new car over the weekend. My ride has been a big pile of crap, but I got it up to 300,000 miles. But it's time for it to see the big parking lot in the sky. Should be another quiet night at home. We were both up late last night for the All-Star game, so it might also be an early one as well.
Have a good Wednesday, ladies!
ENJOY!!!

Last edited by hmacneil6; 07-16-2008 at 09:29 AM.
Old 07-16-2008, 09:29 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Hi chicks,
Pretty Wednesday morning here. Lots to do as we leave Friday noon for the beach, and tomorrow I have meetings in Quantico and various kids' activities that will keep me busy most of the day. I hope I can get the cleaning done today, finish all the laundry and get started with the packing. Lots of work at my paid job also to get ready to be away.

I was just out watering the garden and noticed that while I am gone there will be about 20 zukes to pick, which will be huge by the time I get home. I'll see if I can get my neighbor to come and take some while I'm gone. I hate giant zucchinis.

Ruth, sounds like you'd better batten down the hatches for next week.
cottage, enjoy your last day of vaca!
indigal, your work sounds so fascinating and fulfilling.
Cyndi, hope you make a break for the mountains soon.
LoriAnn, I like to spin vinyl too. I have a huge record collection from the 70's when I was a teen. Hope you hear soon about that job, and the news is good.
Good morning Cat.
weezle, does he not believe in sunscreen, like my DH? DH is from the Mediterranean region and believes that sunscreen is for weaklings. Dummy.
Twynn, hooray on making your goal! Have a great hike.
hmac, we are always posting at the same time! Congrats on getting your car up to 300K. We always try to make it as high as possible, but have never gotten beyond 220K. We would have made it farther with our Subaru, but DH parked it on a pier in Maine and the salt water ate the bottom out of it.
Pearl, hope you get your movie in. What will you see?
Steph, hang in there at work. I think it'll be rough for a while in your business...
For myself I've got a nice, low-interest mortgage that I'll be able to afford no matter what and I am not budging! I have a friend that decided to get into real estate speculating at the wrong time and is about to go bankrupt. That Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac stuff is scary!

Work is hopping this morning, I keep getting interrupted by emails and phone calls. So rude! Better jump out of here and focus...

Last edited by Schmoodle; 07-16-2008 at 09:34 AM.
Old 07-16-2008, 09:45 AM   #15  
HAPPY HEALTHY ME

S/C/G: 215.4/-/165

Height: 5'2"

Good morning! I tried several times to get on and comment but just couldn't.

A busy day for me and thats good cause after ths mornings work out I have tons of buzzing energy.

Have a great day everyone
Closed Thread