South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Old 02-10-2010, 10:08 PM   #46  
Baby Weighter

S/C/G: 210/210/165

Height: 5'11"

I've had my Wii Fit for about two years now and I love it! I'm going to go check out the Wii FitPlus and reviews for the other games mentioned. I like the step aerobics, but think I would like to buy the adaptor that makes it more like a real step. I haven't been on it for more than a year (since getting pregnant-I'm a total klutz and didn't want to fall). Jonas will finally hang out in the jumparoo for about 20 minutes, so I'm going to try to start exercising again. Glad to have some WiiFit buddies!
JATX3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 06:15 AM   #47  
Be happy.

I've been wanting to find one of the step adaptors, too JATX3.
I read in another thread that some Big Lots stores have them at a really good price right now. I love the step programs on there and find myself humming the silly tune when I'm in the shower. lol

Does anyone know how the "burn rate" works on the island lap?
I was all excited the other day because it said 98% burn when I finished, and I assumed that was based on 100%. But the next day it said 184% (or something like that) and it was 230 something last night. What is this based on?

Also, since I'm talking about the island lap, I stop everytime a runner falls on the screen. I KNOW I can't really help them up or check to make sure they're OK but I stop without thinking every single time. I haven't decided yet if that means I'm a thoughtful, compassionate person - or if it means I need to get a life and remember that those folks on the screen are not real! LOL
Heidi58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 06:34 AM   #48  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Heidi - I have a similar problem with the soccer ball game. I know they are just pictures but I can't help ducking when that ball is coming toward me.
I don't know about the burn rate but now I'm curious
CyndiM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 09:13 AM   #49  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

I just did the Biggest Loser light yoga workout. I still wouldn't recommend this game because of the unannounced movement changes and the lack of description of proper positioning. That being said it was a pretty good little workout. Now I'm off to google the exercise I was having trouble with to figure out the right positioning because I know I was doing it wrong. On the plus side TBL doesn't tell me I'm shaky all the time
CyndiM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 03:31 PM   #50  
Be happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyndiM View Post
Heidi - I have a similar problem with the soccer ball game. I know they are just pictures but I can't help ducking when that ball is coming toward me.
I don't know about the burn rate but now I'm curious
I do the same with the soccer ball.
I hate that they have a runner fall each time, it's not quite as bad when they fall on the grass but the first fall I saw was on that cobblestone path under the bridge. *shudder* lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyndiM View Post
On the plus side TBL doesn't tell me I'm shaky all the time
LOL

I'm going to google and see what I can find out about the burn rate...
Old 02-12-2010, 04:06 PM   #51  
Be happy.

OK, I'm not finding any authoritative answers on the burn rate but I did find this parody. I may spend too much time with sarcastic teens but I got a good laugh out of this:

Wii Fit Parody on YouTube
Old 02-16-2010, 09:36 AM   #52  

I've been managing to stick to my EA Sports Active workouts lately and I'm starting to see small improvements! My arms are much less wobbly, my waist seems smaller, tummy slightly less wobble-tastic, and my inner thighs are firmer and slimmer. Very, very happy!

My aerobic fitness has definitely improved, too. I went out for a walk with my little boy today and the last time I attempted this particular route I thought I was dying before I got half-way round. Today? HUGE difference. I only got out of breath once and that was powering my way up a big hill and my legs aren't tired or sore I guess my body really does like exercise!
Shimmy Slim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 06:39 AM   #53  
Visualizing the Goal

Height: 5'4"

Cyndi, I totally stink at the soccer game, too, because I duck at everything. Why do they throw panda heads at you, anyway???

Also, I've never seen anyone fall on the run. I must not be paying very good attention...

My little piggy bank turned orange this morning because it said I've logged ten hours. I think the colors in the games got brighter, too. Fun!

I'm looking for some ideas for games to buy that have more of a continuous cardio workout. Any tips?
tomandkara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 07:21 AM   #54  
Be happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomandkara View Post
Also, I've never seen anyone fall on the run. I must not be paying very good attention...
I think they only fall on the island run.... or that's when I first saw it anyway. But a runner falls EVERY time I do the island run, no matter which guide or which dog I follow.
I do the island run at least twice, once before and once after my strength/yoga routines so I'm starting to get callous about it now....

I don't care much for the soccer game, I usually don't wear my glasses while I'm using the wii because I get hot and they slip, yada, yada, yada..... so I can't tell the difference between the pandas, soccer balls and cleats half the time anyway.

Quote:
My little piggy bank turned orange this morning because it said I've logged ten hours. I think the colors in the games got brighter, too. Fun!
Congratulations!
I'm not sure if I should be embarrassed to admit that mine changed on Saturday. I'll admit it if you promise to think "Oh, Heidi's really been busy doing the strength training, yoga and island run." but I won't if you're going to think, "Wow, that girl is obsessed! She must not have a life!"

My mom and I had a lot of fun yesterday. And now that she's registered and has a profile on my wii her little mii shows up in my games when I'm playing and mine shows up in hers. We were tossing each other hula hoops yesterday and showed up in several other games, too. That's going to be especially fun when I'm at home. lol
Old 02-17-2010, 08:03 AM   #55  

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomandkara View Post
I'm looking for some ideas for games to buy that have more of a continuous cardio workout. Any tips?
Gold's Gym is cardio-boxing---you're supposed to be continually shifting your stance like a boxer moving round the ring while throwing punches. I certainly find it good for cardio as well as the bingo wings!

Just Dance is great for cardio too, even though it isn't an exercise-game per se. You can string together multiple songs and just keep dancing.

I believe there are also pre-set cardio workouts in EA Sports Active but I haven't done any of those yet---I'm sticking with the 30 day challenge for now.
Shimmy Slim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 10:03 PM   #56  
Be happy.

Look what I finally found:
Quote:
Burn Rate

* This is simply a measure of how steady your pace is. It is not a measure of your running speed or of your effort. The idea is that the more consistent your pace, the more efficiently your muscles will burn calories. The higher the burn rate, therefore, the steadier your pace.
* The burn rate is the average rate of burn over your whole run. This means that if it takes you about a minute to reach your pace, that minute's impact on your burn rate will be different for different run times. A minute has a greater effect, for example, on a run that takes four minutes, where it counts as one-fourth of the burn rate, then it does on a run that takes fifteen minutes, where it counts as one-fifteenth of the burn rate. What this means is that you should expect, given the same steady pace for all runs, that burn rates will be higher the longer the run.
* How does the Wii figure out your pace? It measures your steps and the time between them via the Wiimote. Each time the Wiimote goes up and down, the game registers that as a step. You can test this by shaking the Wiimote: your Mii will go very fast - indeed, it might even fall down.

So, I'm not really a 'fast' runner after all - I'm just steady. LOL
Old 02-21-2010, 12:26 PM   #57  
Super Duper Senior Member

S/C/G: 289/T/190

Height: 5' 7.5"

Hi Hi all!

So I tried some of the new exercises on Fit Plus and I like some (snowball fight, kung fu) and hated others (juggling, oye vey!). I'd really love to make a workout of the aerobics stuff like boxing and kung fu (though it is HARD! To me anyway) and step (I was really hoping for an upgrade on that one).

Is there a way to do that? I may have missed it as I haven't really explored much.
jenne1017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 12:33 PM   #58  
Be happy.

Click combine and it will let you combine somewhat. Not as much flexibility as in "My Workout" but better than nothing.

I've got little notes that say things like "Advanced Step (2x) Yoga Routine, Island Lap (2x) ** mins, *** calories" and I use those to speed things up.
It's easier than figuring out a new plan each time, and I've got 5 or 6 that I liked so I rotate through them.
Old 02-21-2010, 12:36 PM   #59  
beachin'

S/C/G: 240/125/130

Height: 5'8

I really love the step aerobics and the running. the other games are fun too, and I've started to get into the boxing.

I need to step it up - my wii balance board has picked up a bit of dust as of late. I think one of my goals for this week will be to get on the wii fit while DH does homework after the kids are in bed. I can think of a much better way to use 30 minutes than just watching tv.
zeffryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 12:40 PM   #60  
Be happy.

Those are my 2 favorites, too Zeffryn!
I am always torn between the regular running and the plus one with the little quizzes. lol

This is only day 17 for me so I'm afraid I'll start to get tired of it soon, but for now I'm having so much fun with it!