Closed Thread

Old 02-01-2006, 10:18 AM   #1  

Default February Exercise - Let's get sweaty!

Ok ladies. A new month so strap those shoes on, grab your water bottle and a towel and get cracking. My prod is loaded and ready to zap anyone not toeing the line.

I'll start it off - This morning was 40 minutes of aerobics and 20 minutes of lower body weights.
Old 02-01-2006, 01:01 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 184/161/139???

Height: 5' 3"

Can I bring the mood down a bit... Today is my wonderful scheduled rest day.

Bits of me hurt from yoga, other bits from spinning...

Here's to planned recovery time (back walking tomorrow and exercise planned every day til next Weds)
Old 02-01-2006, 01:06 PM   #3  
it's always something

I hope tomorrow is a better day for you, rest up

I spent an hour on the treadmill this morning, and plan to do another this afternoon. Anything to avoid Linda's prod
Old 02-01-2006, 03:02 PM   #4  

I walked around my area at work, because it's still nice out right now. Hopefully walking the hills and valleys around work, will dimish my hills and valleys
Old 02-01-2006, 03:23 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 192+,size16/ 164,12/ 150,10

Height: 5'7"

Did my "new" lower-body workout this morning and got really sweaty and my left quad feels tight. Wondering if maybe I'm doing too much with this workout ... Guess I'll wait and see how I feel tomorrow.

Hubby is home sick today so we won't be swimming tonight. That means I'll have to go to the gym by myself and do something on a cardio machine -- swimming without hubby isn't so much fun as I don't have anyone to compete against. I think I will do 50 minutes and split it between two or three machines. For February, I am trying to increase the percentage of time I spend at ~85% of my max heartrate in the hopes that I can eventually reduce the time I spend doing cardio.

OK, editing to report on my cardio workout. Phew!! Could only do 44 minutes, which includes a 2-minute warm-up and 2-minute cool-down. Did 20 minutes each on the stationary bike and treadmill. For each 20-minute segment, did approximately 12 minutes at ~85% and the remaining at ~75%. Don't know if this will burn more fat, will find out, but it sure wiped me out!!

Last edited by sf40; 02-01-2006 at 06:22 PM.
Old 02-01-2006, 10:42 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 224/160

Height: 5'5

Hello Ladies,
Great job on your work outs. Well I painted for 5 hours(walls, cellings,trim,etc.) I wonder how many calories I burned today? I am so tired I don't know if I can walked up the stairs to get in bed. I love your gung ho attitude. It really makes me want to hop on the elliptical and do a couple of miles. Maybe not tonight...but as soon as I finish painting 2 more rooms.

Good Night......Sweet Dreams

abby
Old 02-01-2006, 10:54 PM   #7  

I am still recuping from having the allergy testing done Tuesday. I am lucky to put one foot in front of the other. will be so glad when I see the doctor next week to start my allergy serum. It will be under the tongue. No more shots for me until my surgery February 27th. I work in a library for kdg through 3rd grade. so have some up and down (squats) to do. But with the draingage from the allergies I am being lazy and using the rolling stool to sit on.
Old 02-02-2006, 12:07 AM   #8  

I just got an elliptical yesterday. What a workout==or geesh I am out of shape (don't know which).

I did 20 mintues yesterday and 30 today. I think I am going to like it. It is quiet and I can watch tv. Tonight I watched the biggest loser.
Old 02-02-2006, 08:33 AM   #9  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

Good Morning chicks of Exercise!! I am off to pedal and do some light AB work.
Linda~ I saw the another Dr yesterday and he said stick with the exercise and give it some time till they figure out what's wrong. There is hope for me yet!
Old 02-02-2006, 09:59 AM   #10  

Exercise tape this morning with resistance bands.
Old 02-02-2006, 10:55 AM   #11  

Morning. Look at all the sweaty people who posted. Good for you! Also smart for you.. you managed to avoid the prod.

Mel, good to hear you are back and there still is hope. I'll always question your sanity just a little bit even though the doctor's say there is hope.

This morning was my last early morning workout for the week.. YAY. I get to sleep in until 5:45 tomorrow so that will be nice. I got in 50 minutes of step aerobics and 20 minutes of upper body weights. It feels so good during the aerobics part some days. I can just feel my body working like a well oiled machine, not breathing hard but regular good breaths, good sweat and everything just hums. God I love endorphins!!!
Old 02-02-2006, 02:37 PM   #12  

I had a hard time getting out of the house this morning for my cardio workout because my legs are so sore from yesterday. But I thought: Hmm ... cardio or Linda's prod? I chose cardio and did a workout similar to yesterday's in which I spend more time at a higher intensity. Did 20 minutes each on the elliptical and recumbant bike. I am not so sure I like doing cardio on the recumbant bike because I seem to have to work a lot harder to get my heart rate up. But I was sweaty and breathing hard!
Old 02-02-2006, 08:11 PM   #13  
Marathon Goddess

Well I took Wednesday as a rest day, hadnt had one since either last Wednesday or Tuesday so I was due one! Today was run-3 miles and weights! Have a great evening ladies, just think tomorrow is Friday, finally!!
Old 02-02-2006, 10:28 PM   #14  
looking for size 12!

I am a wave 2 Sonoma girl. I broke my big toe the night before starting Sonoma... so no exercise so far. I can actually wear shoes now so I am planning to exercise starting this week. What should I start off with? I am a brat... really I have access to a cardio room, gym, pool and indoor track. My husband is an alum at college in town with great facilities. It just has too many choices for me. I don't know where to start. Any ideas?

Kristina
Old 02-02-2006, 10:50 PM   #15  

Quote:
Originally Posted by newmyers
I am a wave 2 Sonoma girl. I broke my big toe the night before starting Sonoma... so no exercise so far. I can actually wear shoes now so I am planning to exercise starting this week. What should I start off with? I am a brat... really I have access to a cardio room, gym, pool and indoor track. My husband is an alum at college in town with great facilities. It just has too many choices for me. I don't know where to start. Any ideas?

Kristina
Sorry about the broke toe! I broke a big toe as a teenager, doing some practice drills for track. Be careful with it so it mends properly. You may want to start with swimming because it is less likely than some of the others to injure your toe as it heals. Once your toe is healed, try everything to see what you like. Even better, mix it up to get some variety! Be sure to add some resistance work to maintain muscle tone. Good luck!
Closed Thread