Closed Thread

Old 07-25-2005, 08:59 PM   #211  
Southside White Sox Fan

I don't know how they'd work in the oven. I think the beauty of the GF is that it cooks with high heat on both sides at once. One of the things that I love about this recipe is that with the sitting time and the high GF heat, the breading actually stays on! We owned one of the first ones and it was a bear to clean. Jim (my DH) always did the cleaning so we used it until it died. They now have new models, a big and a little, with removable grills and the temperature gauge. These are fabulous and well worth the money. Kathy found a great deal somewhere on the little one. I paid $79.99 from Bed, Bath, and Beyond with one of their 20% off coupons. It retails at $119 but most places (Target, Kohls) pretty regularly sell the large one for $99. I think the little one goes for about $50. Probably, more information than you wanted right? I'd recommend it. I also cook pork chops on there because every other way I cook them, I dry the living daylights out of them.
Old 07-25-2005, 09:01 PM   #212  
Southside White Sox Fan

I guess you could call me and your hubby a pair! I needed valium for my last OPEN MRI!!!!
Old 07-25-2005, 09:07 PM   #213  

Rather have too much than not enough. I think I will look into getting one. I think I am gonna head to bed early tonight. Had trouble sleeping last night (reading a book that was too scary for me to read when I was already anxious) then had to be up at 5. My secretary called me and told me that my teachers could not teach today, they had locked the boys down in the dorm because of some kind of incidents yesterday, so I know I am gonna need to be fresh tomorrow. Thanks again yall. I am really enjoying getting to know yall.
Old 07-25-2005, 09:58 PM   #214  
Melissa

Hey chicks! I'm just back from my nearly 2 mile walk with dh and dp. Although all I really wanted was to go to bed around 7pm, I layed around until it was cool enough for us to walk. And I am so proud that we went. We have even decided to go again tomorrow!! I guess it's silly for me to feel so proud about that, when most of you do that much everyday, but it is a NSV for me to have exercised at all. Yippee!! I feel like I will have a great w/i on Friday if I can just keep on controlling my raging appetite. I've been so hungry the past few days!! All I want to do, especially in the evening is eat.

Linda, I know that I am late but I hope that you won't let this one bad decision marr the rest of your week. It's not worth it!! Don't let that sweet treat devoid all of your hard work!!

Sandra, I was glad to see you here! I was wondering where you were earlier today. You were just off having a core-iffic day, weren't you? I'm sorry that your treadmill is sick. I hope that you get it fixed soon!

Vickie, mmmm....cornmeal chicken. I'm so glad that you are going to get your treadmill fixed.

Rita, the cornmeal chicken is great, though I have to admit that I make it the lazy way. I just mix up some cornmeal and seasoning, dredge the chicken, and cook it in a skillet w/good oil (as I have yet to get a new GF). I have yet to really make the real Vickie cornmeal chicken. So that is always an option for you.

OK ladies I am off to rinse the sweat off and go to bed. Chat with you tomorrow!!
Old 07-25-2005, 10:05 PM   #215  

Height: 5'7"

Melissa, I just read "The Guy Store" on Aaron's site. Hilarious, but what a great idea!!! Someone needs to pick up that idea and run with it!
Old 07-25-2005, 10:06 PM   #216  
Melissa

He would if he could, believe me!! Always looking for a business venture.
Someone reads the blogs, now that is amusing!
Old 07-25-2005, 10:07 PM   #217  

LOL! Ya dork, I always do!! I'm one of his most dedicated groupies!
Old 07-25-2005, 10:14 PM   #218  

Oh dear, I just had to say those words I never thought I'd say!

"Don't come home married tomorrow!"

Little DD said her BF asked today, "So when's your mom gonna let me move in?" Remember his parents are ... let's just say not that great, IMO. And most of the time I don't even consider myself to be a great parent, so if I say someone else isn't, then believe me ... they aren't.

My answer was, "When you're married." Then she said, "So if we come home tomorrow married, you'll let him move in?" Of course I said yes. Then she left. Then I thought, "Good Lord above, I sure hope she knew I was joking!" I just called her cell phone to clear that little matter up. She just laughed at me.
Old 07-25-2005, 10:15 PM   #219  
Melissa

Kathy you crack me up.
Oh I meant to tell you that I saw that video you emailed me, with the dog, on America's Funniest Home Videos last night. I guess it was a rerun, but it was the big winner. It was still hilarious.
Old 07-25-2005, 10:16 PM   #220  

Someone told me they had seen that on the show ... I watch it all the time and just laugh myself silly. It looks like something one of mine would do.
Old 07-25-2005, 10:16 PM   #221  
Melissa

Good thing you clarified!!
It has to be hard on her, dating someone whose parents are so hostile.
Old 07-25-2005, 10:22 PM   #222  

I am amazed that someone could treat their own child that way. These people have plenty of money, a nice house, good jobs, etc. Yet they won't help him out with school? It's freakin' community college, not Yale! We're talking maybe $600 per 12 hours plus books. But no, he has to pay it, plus work to pay his truck payment, insurance, gas, etc. And still worry about getting thrown onto the street every other day. I don't think I could stand the tension.

And you know what? Part of me says if they did get married and move in here, then good for them. He would be free from those oppressors, both would qualify for school grants, and I'd have one more in the labor pool to draw from when I wanted free house cleaning done. Okay, strike that last one. But they've only dated for 2 months (been friends for about 7) and I'm not pushing anything on a couple of 19 year olds. Marriage is hard enough when you're older and have jobs ... being married teenagers and living with mom would be the pits!
Old 07-26-2005, 06:40 AM   #223  
Closed

Default A Quick AM post from me.........

Thanks for all the kind, supportive words....This go round I will not let one BIG and I mean BIG mess (well one meal and DESSERT) up screw me up for the week...I am planned for the day and will try and remain steadfast.
Tuesday another VERY stressful day for me, but I will cope with it.....promise I have to....weigh in IS 5 days away!!!!!!!!
Linda
Old 07-26-2005, 07:18 AM   #224  

Melissa - it's ok to eat all the time, just eat something core. I too am always hungry. I find that if I have core things ready (popcorn, pudding, fruit etc) then I eat them.

Kathy - What can I say? Thank God I have sons!

Linda - The stress thing is hard for me as well. I have been trying to keep saying to myself before I eat the "bad" thing, that eventhough I will feel better for the moment, I know that I will feel rotten about eating it for a long time! Hope you have a really Great Day!

Rita
Old 07-26-2005, 08:43 AM   #225  
Southside White Sox Fan

Kathy, it's great that DD's BF gets to see what a nice family is like. You're probably meant to touch this boy in a positive way. My Mother wished a girl on each one of us (I have 2 Sisters) to pay us back for all she had to go through with us. And....believe me, we were GOOD kids compared to some others! Your life is sure filled with a lot of drama.

Good Girl, Linda! You got the point we've all been trying to reinforce with each other. One bad meal doesn't have to blow your whole day or even your week. Keep doing the best you can meal by meal, snack by snack.

Rita, I don't know if you're an Ebay girl or not but they have some of the GF grills closing today and so far the bids are at less than $20. Of course, I didn't look at the shipping charges. Those buggers are pretty heavy. The big model number is GRP99. I'm not sure about the little one. BTW, you're right about the stress eating. I keep trying to tell myself that I'll feel worse after I eat it. So far it's working in that all I'm overeating is usually Core food. Now to work on portion sizes!

Well, day one of no treadmill. I'm worried. And....probably won't be hot enough to get into the pool to exercise. It's threatening rain right now. Tomorrow we are going to the Nationals. For you non-baseball girls, the Nationals is a baseball card and collectible show that is held once a year in different cities. This year it's in Chicago. I'll be walking around there for hours tomorrow so I'm hoping that will give me SOME exercise although I know it won't be the intense kind that I usually get.

Hope you all have a great Core day. I've got my plan.

Angela, I miss your morning posts. Hope you are having fun at Walmart!

Terry, hope you're doing well with the baby.

Deborah and Frannie, I still miss you too!

Sandra, what's cooking today?

Melissa, how's that exercise coming?

Ta Ta for now!
Closed Thread