Closed Thread

Old 07-23-2005, 10:45 PM   #151  
focused and aiming

i'll see you tomorrow. good night.
Old 07-24-2005, 07:27 AM   #152  
Closed

Well it's Sunday morning 7AM....Mornin' All!!! Been up for an hour and 1/2 already!! Anyway, had a good Core day yesterday and I am proud I might add.
I have my new electric Griddle ready for my polenta (thank you Kathy, thank you Sandra) and can't wait for breakfast.
I am also going to make the Crustless Pumpkin Pie today and that will be my 'dessert' yes the dreaded 'D' word-during the week.....two pleasures in one....a Dessert and and veg. serving or is it fruit?? which ever it's one of them and that works for me!!
I am also making the Cola Chicken and the Crock pot chicken today. One recipe I saw said use diet pepsi one said diet cola - is there really any difference??
Oh and I am picking up the UNsweetened canned pinneapple and making that pineapple thingy Melissa reminded me of. I forgot I LIKE pinnapple!!
So I think I am good to go for the next few days BUT will continue my 100% Core Week ALL week.
I am plannng on doing the WATP 2 mile tape today too!! Are ya still with me Lisa, Kathy?? Imagine how happy we will be at our next weigh in
I should put that on the weekly challenge board shouldn't I??
Sandra.....I would like to try that Potato soup too.....So is it just the 2 cans of potatos boiled in water and just add in a packett of FF brown gravy mix??
That's it?? Guess I could add corn niblets, peas and carrots, right?? All Core, you gotta love that!! And 1 pt for the gravy wouldn't even count ONLY because there would be several servings. And then knowing I'll have a piece of Crustless Pumkin Pie....sounds good to me!! And Sandra enjoy your day!!
I was also looking at the Getting Started Booklet at the Vegetable Soup recipe but I think I will tweak it a bit to my liking and make a pot of that too.
Because so many vegetables are core making soup is a blessing. I might add some Barley though and Cannelini Beans, and use FF vegetable broth.
Kathy when you mix all you cans of veggies together what do you use as stock flavoring?? FF Chicken Broth??
Well I am going to get ready to go grocery shopping in a while.....'see' you all later..........Frouf hope the party was a bit hit, and Congrats on the 2 lbs down
Vickie sure hope you're 'enjoying'
Old 07-24-2005, 08:28 AM   #153  

Good morning everyone! Well, the van is all packed up. We've got the DVD player all rigged up, all the snacks and toys packed up - now all we have to do is pack up bedding, and we'll be good to go.

My stomach hurts and I didn't sleep well, but it's because of pre-trip nerves. Blah!
It's kind of embarassing to be this way. Oh well. I suppose the more I dwell on it, the worse it is, right?

We spent quite a bit of time in the garden yesterday morning (before it got hotter 'n heck). We got it in beautiful shape before our trip. The gladiolas are blooming, and they're SO pretty. They're just such a nice contrast to all the different greens of the vegetables. And I had the first cucumber the other day, and it was delicious! We'll have tons of them and tomatoes when we get back.

Today the high is supposed to be 101*!!! And that's without factoring in the humidity, which is always above 90%. Gotta love Iowa. 100+ in the summer, -40 in the winter.

Well, I suppose this'll be my last post before we go. My mom and I have been referring to this upcoming trip as a trip to Wal-Mart, to trick my mind into thinking it's no big deal. So, I'll see you all when I get back from Wal-Mart!!

Angela
Old 07-24-2005, 10:52 AM   #154  

S/C/G: 169/167.6/135

Height: 5'3'

Good morning!

Just looking over the school calendar. I can't believe school is less than 5 weeks away. The kids have swimming lessons the first week of Aug., then DD has Lacrosse camp the following week., then one more week of freedom, then school. I'm glad August will be busy though, cuz the kids will have to be up by 8:30 to go swimming and such and that will get Dd a little closer to getting up at 6:30 for middle school.

Yes Linda, I am still with you. Had a pretty good CORE day yesterday and am looking forward to more CORE food today. Getting ready to walk on the treadmill, but wanted to pop in here first. Lets take this one day at a time and maybe we can do it. What do you think?

going to
bBL
Lisa
Old 07-24-2005, 10:54 AM   #155  

Height: 5'7"

Good morning, all! Another scorcher here today, too.

I'm making my list of things to do today, and it's another long one!! The most important are post office (Sandra, I'm sending your PH today) and the grocery store. And Judd's getting tired of seeing my messy, scrunched hair, so I think I'll probably do something about it too. I'm tired of it too but didn't think he would notice. Actually he IMPLIED he was tired of it, by saying ... when are you going to start drying your hair again? I can read between the lines!

He's gone on a MC ride this morning, little DD is off to work, big DD is getting ready for work, and I'm still lazy. I got up at 7:30 but have been puttering around since then. I guess it's time to get cracking!
Old 07-24-2005, 11:41 AM   #156  
Southside White Sox Fan

Hello All! We're going to be 102 degrees today. I was SO busy yesterday. Millions of errands and stuff. Have much to do today too and crazy appointments tomorrow. Jim is helping alot so that's a good thing. We're going to be in the pool alot today, I'm sure.

My weight continues to be a problem. I think it's part hormonal and part me. I've been doing this a long time now and I'm trying to talk myself into making some adjustments. I'm looking at portion sizes but it's been so difficult these last 7 days because I've been so darn hungry.

I had a substitute Leader on Friday for my weigh in and she couldn't be a more delightful person. She's seems really commited to the program and she actually makes a great presentation. She does the WW mandated portion but she's also very interactive. Apparently, she's just moved to the area and only has one meeting a week, Monday at 10:00. I like her so much that I'm switching. I won't be weighing in this Monday though. I'm going to wait until a week from Monday. I think I'll be ok. She weighed me herself on Friday and when I sighed and said, "I'm in the middle of a big fat plateau". She didn't start interrogating me and asking me what I had done wrong. Instead she asked me how she could help. She asked me if anyone had ever given me the plateau sheet (of course no one had) and got it for me. I stayed after the meeting to tell Lisa that I really enjoyed her meeting and that I wanted to attend her meetings on a regular basis. Another woman also stayed after the meeting to ask me about Core. The three of us talked about Core for about a half hour. The more I talked with the Leader the more I liked her. She said, "Come to my meeting, I'll help you!" Wow! So maybe Lisa can help me get through the next hundred pounds. I know I'll have to do the work myself but good motivation can be so important. Anyway.....that's where I am mentally.

You all are so busy!

Kathy, sorry about DS. Any chance he could go back to Dr. Pepper and claim temporary insanity? Don't feel bad about feeling lazy. I'm sure it's partially the heat!

Lisa, you really sound commited and motivated! I'm happy for you. I'm sure the routine of the kids being back in school will help a bit. I know that exercise makes the difference for me. Glad you liked the cola chicken. I just saw a recipe somewhere for cola beans that I'm going to try. I really do love to cook but not so much during the summer. I'm busy trying to get everything done so I can be in my pool. I am just one big kid!

Angela, we'll miss you while you're at Walmart. Have a safe trip and hurry home. We need your inspiration.

Linda, you sound good too! I'm glad you're making all those foods and trying new ones like polenta. I think variety is one thing that is helping me alot. Exercise, of course, helps too!

Sandra, I hope you enjoy your picnic in the hills today! I feel like I might be eating too many carbs too. I'm really analyzing myself right now.

Melissa, so you've been really hungry too, huh? I wouldn't worry about eating Core foods. That's what I keep telling myself, anyway!

Well, gotta go get the solar cover off of the pool before it begins to boil the water. I'm having LO for lunch and dinner and I'm making cornmeal chicken on the GF tomorrow night. The corn and potatoes will be cooked on the grill to avoid heating up the house. It is already oppressive outside. Hope you all have a wonderful and relaxing Sunday.

I hope to be back after the sun goes down to check on all of you.

Last edited by Vickie; 07-24-2005 at 11:45 AM.
Old 07-24-2005, 02:09 PM   #157  
Melissa

Hey chicks. It's been a very busy morning. Aaron played in both church services this morning, so we left around 8 and got back at almost 1. I ate a bad lunch that probably used most of my remaining wpas. That's what I get for not planning ahead. But I am hopeful that the rest of the week will be better. I am hoping to use minimal points during the week. Some planning will help that out, won't it! I'm going to the grocery later today and will get a bunch of chicken to cook in the crockpot w/ff italian. If you haven't tried this, you really must. So good, even cold. So if I make a bunch on Sundays we can munch on it for days. Great lunches! Before then, I will probably be taking a nap and finishing up the invitations for the baby shower. And laundry at some point!

Angela, I hope that you have a great time at Wal-Mart.

Vickie, I'm glad that you had a great day yesterday. I hope that you enjoy your pool today. It is so hot here we are under a heat advisory until Monday night. It would be nice to have a pool!

Sandra, hope you are having fun in the mountains.

Linda, it sounds like you have a good plan. I think you can use any type of diet cola w/ the cola chicken. I used diet coke, but I can't imagine that it would matter.

Lisa, sounds like the next few weeks will be busy for you. Good luck!! It is definitely hard to believe that school will be starting back so soon, and that summer is almost over!

Kathy, hope that you have a fabulous day.

OK I think that I am off to nap. I know, I am a lazy bum!
Old 07-24-2005, 02:17 PM   #158  
Southside White Sox Fan

Melissa, did you exercise yet? Just thought you'd want me to ask!
Old 07-24-2005, 02:23 PM   #159  
Melissa

Thanks for asking!! I haven't yet, but plan to gazelle or do WATP later this evening.
Old 07-24-2005, 02:46 PM   #160  
Southside White Sox Fan

It's a 100 degrees here and I'm on my way out to the pool. Last one in is a rotten egg!
Old 07-24-2005, 02:55 PM   #161  

Then I'm a rotten egg. I think I can even smell me!

I just got home from ... post office to mail ebay and Sandra's package, grocery store to replace fresh flowers upstairs, and other store for potatoes and chicken that's buy 1 get 1 free. Gotta love free chicken! I also stopped at Chicken Express and got big DD some tenders, etc.

So now I'm back to being a slug. It is really, really hot right now. I should water the flowerbeds but it will have to wait until later; otherwise the water would evaporate before it hit the flowers!
Old 07-24-2005, 03:03 PM   #162  
focused and aiming

linda, i used the ff country gravy mix not the brown gravy mix. what i did was use 2 cans of whole (sliced would work, t oo) potatoes. i added enough water to make 1.5 cups liquid. i brought the potatoes/water to a boil and added 1/2 cup more water with gravy mix stirred into it. i reduced the heat to simmer and simmered a few minutes. this isn't a soup. it's a potato side dish. my grandmother used to make it from scratch when i was a girl. it's excellent with green beans and other veggies (as other sides not mixed together.)

your cooking ahead is a smart thing to do. you made me hungry for the pudding pie and pineapple lush (the lush is what you're talking about? with ff cw?) i need to go make some foods to have on hand.

angela, have fun at walmart. have a safe trip. we'll miss you.

lisa, i'm in this fun struggle with you. isn't it a blessing that we can all lean on each other and also get ideas? i'm a retired teacher. i have to confess it was hard for me to get used to getting up early again when school started. (today i slept till 10:30! i don't do that often but it felt good.)

kathy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i am soooooooo excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (i'm also a bit embarassed for hinting.) thank you so much. i will be watching for the mailman with a big smile. (not for him necessarily) it sounds like you're having a peaceful day. that's good. i'm tired of my hair, too. actually, i was sick of it by the time i got home from the salon. i surfed some last night looking for new do ideas. i look a lot like an old man now--and that's not my intent at all.

vickie, it sounds like you've found a key to your plateau solution. that's awesome! please share your meetings with us all you can and have time for. i am proud of you. we didn't go on our picnic. we slept in instead.

i am working on cutting the carbs today. my thinking is (and i'm anxious to hear what you think of this.) is that with core (flex, too,) we would lose better if we eat what ww recommends and stick to the basics. i have been guilty (as shown in my menus) of not getting in 2 or 3 servings of milk daily. also, i don't always get in my oil. i've been eating too many proteins, higher carb veggies, and too much cornmeal. i haven't had any broccoli or cauliflower (or that type) veggie in awhile. i need to go back and rethink and stop tweaking in those foods that slowdown my losing.

melissa, (read what i just typed vickie.) maybe in the near future we need a challenge about getting in the 2-3 servings milk, etc..... that ww recommends in the getting started booklet.. we all know core works, but doesn't it work better if we follow those guidelines?

my main focus has been on eating core foods and limiting my wpa's to 5 per day. i haven't been giving much thought to following the recommended guidelines. (i've started repeating myself. guess i'm showing my age.) i'm not one to drink milk but i will try to get in a milkshake today and either milkshake or pudding every day this week. i'll also be more conscious of getting in 2 teaspoons of a good oil.

i am very interested in what the rest of you are thinking about this. i don't mean to sound preachy. i'm just fessing up to what i've been doing that may be slowing my weightloss.

sounds like i need to get off here and go to the store, doesn't it?

Last edited by notnew2this; 07-24-2005 at 03:07 PM.
Old 07-24-2005, 03:04 PM   #163  
focused and aiming

i'm going to get offline now and go reread my introductory booklet i got when i joined ww. i'll be back later.
Old 07-24-2005, 03:15 PM   #164  

Sandra ... I do have a bit of a disclaimer. I made one that had darker pink, lighter pink, and lighter blue. But halfway thru, the blue started looking aqua, so I tore it up and remade it with a darker blue. Then made another. Then took the whole thing to work and asked "which one looks like country blue?" and then they said the lighter. Well I figured out I only had enough to make ONE, whereas I had made three with the darker blue. Sigh ... so I mailed out the lighter one, but have three more here with darker. And if you get the lighter and it's too light and you say the word, the three darker ones will be on their way to you in a flash. And as for hints? Girl, I was always taught that you'd be surprised what you do without because you don't ask! I LOOOOVE making things for people, and was extremely pleased to see your reply. I guess I was sorta hinting for your mailing info so I could send you one! Aren't we a weird pair! Anyway, I've made so many and still ordered more loops yesterday. It's an addiction that I'm not in a hurry to break.
Old 07-24-2005, 03:21 PM   #165  
focused and aiming

kathy, i appreciate all your work you've done on this. i'm looking forward to getting that package. i have several different shades of blue in the kitchen. i'm sure it will be perfect. now i'm hinting again--did you send me your snail mail addy on the envelope? if not, will you send it to me?

also, you're giving me an itch to make some potholders. i wasn't successful making them when i was a girl. maybe i could be better now. who knows? if i could make them, there might even be a chance for world peace.

got to go now and re-read that booklet and go shop. i'll be back later.
Closed Thread