Closed Thread

Old 07-25-2005, 05:07 PM   #196  

Froufy, sometimes when the sugar monster strikes, I find that I can tame it a bit with a really sweet fruit like watermelon or blueberries. It's especially effective if you eat the berries one at a time with your fingers--makes it seem more like a snack or something.
Old 07-25-2005, 06:46 PM   #197  

Had my endoscopy this am. No drugs. It ain't fun, but it is quick and then when it is over you don't have to hang around waiting for the drugs to wear off. Doctor said I still have Barrett's and he thought it looked good (no cancer), they did some biopsies and I should hear from them soon. Thanks Sandra & Vickie for your good wishes. Vickie, sorry to hear about your treadmill. I wish I could feel bummed about a treadmill being broken, I'd probably be happy! I have got to get better at the exercise end of this thing.
Rita
Old 07-25-2005, 07:08 PM   #198  
Southside White Sox Fan

Lordy, Lordy, I just finished "breading" my cornmeal chicken. Everytime I make it, I make more so there will be more LO's! It is SO good cold the next day. Now it's resting while Jim cooks the potatoes and corn on the grill. It's still hot here but no pool. Oh Well!

Kathy, let someone else put Ty away. I'm glad your DD didn't have to testify. What a horrifying experience that would be. I really don't know how you Moms handle life with kids and stay on some kind of an eating plan. Never doubt the depths of your strength!

Cher, you're right! I'm munching on very sweet farmers market cherries while I cook because I never got to have my snack. I had a nap instead. Retirement life is good.

Lisa, we never heard of unplugging our treadmill. Who knew?! We have an on/off switch which we turn off but never unplugged it. We will now. Sheesh.

Rita, I had to replace the treadmill. I lose so slowly now, I don't dare stop exercising. I'm struggling to keep up a pound a week average. I wouldn't want to fall below that! I'm glad your endoscopy is over. You know, you said endoscopy and I though colonoscopy, goofball that I am! I've had an endoscopy of the throat and stomach and I had GREAT drugs. I would NEVER have considered it without the drugs. You must be one tough cookie!

Well, almost time to GF (that's George Foreman for our little newbie, Rita!) my chicken. I'm really hungry which is not a good thing. Oh yeah, I have to make salads. Better skadaddle!

Last edited by Vickie; 07-25-2005 at 07:12 PM.
Old 07-25-2005, 07:29 PM   #199  
Closed

Hi All...did not have a good on program day today....so much for 100% for the week....
I am really totally mentally exhausted right now.....so I will say goodnight, I hope you all had a better day than I did!!!!
'See' you all tomorrow....Linda
Old 07-25-2005, 07:54 PM   #200  

Height: 5'7"

Sorry, Linda ... today ends at midnight and tomorrow you get a brand new shot at it!

Read what I said to the rest of them ... step away from the bad food! You know better!!
Old 07-25-2005, 08:10 PM   #201  
Closed

Kathy I should have read your post before I "walked" into the BAD food. How the **** could I screw up after having a great Core Saturday and Sunday???

Thanks if I didn't come back here and see your post I would have for sure messed up the rest of the week....thanks for being there at just the right time....I had a God awful stressful day at work and only something bad, creamy and sweet seemed like the answer, and of course now I am sorry.......and so it goes....yes Midnight does start a new Core day....thank you, you're sweet!! Linda
Old 07-25-2005, 08:28 PM   #202  
focused and aiming

hi, ladies. all is well with us. we've been gone most of the day running errands and visiting my mil. i am on core. i went for groceries today and loaded up with awesome-looking veggies. i'm going to make some of those recipes i posted last night. i've made most of them before. it's just been awhile. recently i've been sort of stuck in a rut foodwise. i'm hoping these will help.

vickie, i'm glad you got to water. i don't think it's going to hurt you one bit to wait till monday for wi and your meeting. you are strong and determined.

melissa and vickie, our treadmill died last night. i'll check it in a few minutes to see if it's healed itself. do you think this is some kind of conspiracy? i was doing 2.5 and was at .3 miles and it just stopped. everything on it works but the motor that makes it walk. do you think they had heat strokes?

cher, you have a good attitude. i'm proud of you. i would like that movie, too. did you read the book? i used to read it aloud to my classes when i taught 4th grade.

frouf, here are you some thoughts of strength to help you slay that sugar monster. just put this all behind you in the am. i hope your arm is better.

vickie, we need to call to get ours repaired. we have a large one, too.

lisa, we leave ours plugged in all the time. maybe that's our problem.

kathy, that's something about the drugs and cards. i hope he gets what's coming to him, too. thank you for the signal to stay away from bad food. today i've eaten good choices but i may have eaten too much. i need to do some walking.

rita, i'm so relieved your test is over. sounds like all went well. that's a blessing.

linda, i'm sorry you had such a rough day. start anew in the am.

i'm going to have some ranier cherries tonight and maybe some popcorn. ya'll have a good evening. i'll be back tomorrow if not later tonight.
Old 07-25-2005, 08:41 PM   #203  

Sandra, I used to teach 4th grade too. Then I moved to special ed at the elementary, then to the high school, now the djj facility. I loved 4th grade!
Linda, I hope tomorrow will be a new & better day for you.
Vickie, Your chicken sounds good. I don't have a gf. Tell me more about your chicken recipe.
Cher, I try to keep grapes handy while I cook. You're right it really helps. I sometimes take an apple and slice it, toss it with splenda and cinnamon and saute it in pam and snack on that while I cook.
Sandra, I am fixing to go check out the recipes you posted.
Old 07-25-2005, 08:42 PM   #204  
Southside White Sox Fan

Sandra, I fogot to tell you that I tried Ranier cherries. They were very, very good and we had never had them before. Different texture than bing but very good in their own right. I can't believe that what happened to your treadmill is EXACTLY what happened to ours. I was on it and walking and then it stopped DEAD! Our is the computer board but at first they thought it was the motor. I was going to try to get it repaired before buying a new one. Luckily, the company is fixing it free. We are SO lucky! Congratulations on your Core day.

Linda, Linda, Linda, our poor GF. So you had something sweet and creamy. Don't throw the week away or even the next meal. Kathy is right. Just do better NOW. Every meal/snack/dessert is a decision. Just make the right choices at your next decision point.

Yum, I'm full on cormeal chicken. I ate a half of a thigh past satisfied. I left most of my potato and ate all of my corn. OMG! The corn was so sweet. Why does it have to be not so good for us!

Off to talk to my Big Sister now. Talk with you all in the morning!
Old 07-25-2005, 08:43 PM   #205  
focused and aiming

rita, i taught 4th grade for 13 years, middle school for 6 years, and my last 10 at high school. i taught several different subjects in high school including reading improvement. my last 3.5 years i headed up an at-risk program. what is a djj facility?
Old 07-25-2005, 08:43 PM   #206  
Southside White Sox Fan

Rita, the cornmeal chicken is so fabulous. I'll go look and see if it's on our board. If it isn't, I'll post it on our board in the morning.
Old 07-25-2005, 08:46 PM   #207  
focused and aiming

vickie, your dinner sounds deelish. i bought a couple of ears of corn today. tomorrow i hope to have time to do some cooking.

i think i'll go change my day's menu now for the cherries. thanks for reminding me about them. even though i typed about them a few minutes ago, i completely forgot about them.
Old 07-25-2005, 08:50 PM   #208  
Southside White Sox Fan

Rita, here's the recipe. You cannot believe how good the cold leftovers are. Almost better than hot. I couldn't figure out how to do the link to our board. It was there under main courses.

Cornmeal Crispy Chicken

4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (I use thighs)
1 beaten egg
3/4 cup yellow cornmeal
1/4 tsp. lemon pepper (I didn't use this)
1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
1 tsp. garlic powder (I think I added more because we are garlic freaks!)
dash salt
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese (I used regular and counted points)
2 Tbsp. lemon juice

Rinse and drain chicken and pat dry. Place chicken between two sheets of
waxed paper and pound the chicken to 1/3" thick.

Pour beaten egg in shallow bowl. In a shallow pan, combine cornmeal, lemon pepper, red pepper, garlic poder, salt, and cheese. Brush chicken with the lime juice, then dip in beaten egg and then coat with the cornmeal mixture. Let sit on a wire rack for 20-30 minutes.

Spray George Foreman two sided grill with nonstick cooking spray. Cook
chicken for 4-7 minutes until thoroughly cooked, brown and crisp. I didn't pound the thighs. My new GF has a temperature gauge. I cook the thighs at 425 for 7-8 minutes depending on thickness.
Old 07-25-2005, 08:54 PM   #209  

Thanks, Vickie. I wonder if they would be as good in the oven. The GF sounds easy though, is it really easy to clean??
Rita
Old 07-25-2005, 08:56 PM   #210  

Oh yeah, actually doing the endo thing w/o drugs was kind of cool. I got to watch it all on the monitor! My hubby thinks i'm crazy, he thinks they should drug him to take his blood pressure! lol
Closed Thread