Closed Thread

Old 10-04-2004, 05:26 PM   #16  

Spryng - How did the potato "chips" turn out?

Also, which popcorn is CORE? I vaguely remember that the leader in my first meeting mentioned that a 94% FF popcorn that was said to be CORE is actually not. But I can not remember which is CORE. Help!
Old 10-04-2004, 06:41 PM   #17  

Hi guys! I'm starting Core again today. I've got to do it this time, my clothes are getting tighter & I don't recognize myself anymore. I've been married 13 yrs, live in Sarasota, FL, I work in Advertising Sales. I don't have much experience cooking, so this will be a challenge. I have a husband who runs away from WW pasta, brown rice, healthy foods etc so that's an added challenge. I was diagnosed with hypoglycemia when I was 22, I stayed away from white products & sugars and looked great. When I met my husband when I turned 25, I started eating tons of the bad stuff & kept gaining more & more every year. I love to read the Core recipes, I'm going to try one or two new ones a week.

Have a good week, everyone.
Old 10-04-2004, 11:56 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

So nice to see all of your intros! So nice to meet you all!
About the popcorn, all 94% ff popcorn is core except for kettle corn I believe, correct me someone if I'm wrong here.
And I didn't get to try home made chips today (had pasta for dinner) but I did try polenta for the first time today at lunch and it was different, but I liked it!
Well, it's late and I need to get in bed. TTYL!
Old 10-05-2004, 04:11 AM   #19  
Southside White Sox Fan

Hi All! Great to see all the folks coming out of lurk mode! It seems like we have a nice diverse group of people all with the same goal in mind. Pretty neat.

Robin, you made me laugh at your "big boned cat" as mine is as well. The Vet says she needs to lose weight but I tell him Scottish Folds are supposed to be well rounded. Cameo, too, is on a light/less food regime!

Waterlilies, glad you're here from Atkins. It was one diet I didn't try because my cholesterol is already high enough and I HAD to have some carbs. Glad Core has you moving again.

Heather, it sounds like you'll be back to goal in no time at all. Who will I talk to for the next three years? Sounds like you all are real close to your goals!

Linda, I'm surpised your family is giving you a hard time about brown rice and whole wheat pasta. Maybe you shouldn't have told them! Seriously, maybe you could "pretend" to go back to the regular stuff and see if they notice. Once sauces are on, I can not tell the difference. Maybe that says something bad about my palate!

I'm up in the middle of the night because I can't sleep. I think my furnace is putting out a funny smell. Well, at least when I'm nervous I'm not hungry!
Old 10-05-2004, 04:33 AM   #20  
Southside White Sox Fan

I was happy to see more talkers and hadn't even seen Ditpen and India-Ink until I posted my last message!

Ditpen, good luck and glad you're out of lurk mode. My Sister is the genealogist in our familly. It's too hard for me. Jigsaw puzzles make me crazy after about a half an hour. She also got all the patience in our family! I think it's good to have a hobby to help us keep our mind off eating.

India, good luck to you too! Imagine, you are living in one of my favorite cities ever. Good food in Sarasota....wish I was there. My husband and I used to go there every year or so when the Chicago White Sox had spring training there. Not any more..... We went a couple of times after the Sox left but haven't visited in about three years. I have so many favorite places to eat there! Isn't it sad that some of my best memories are related to good meals?

For those of you who don't cook, you might want to check out some of the core recipes. They haven't been hard and keep you from having to eat plain baked potato and chicken/pork/beef every night. Spryng listed her link and there is also another that I have gotten alot of recipes from http://www.barbosdietkitchen.com/archive.pl. I've tried quite a few and could recommend some.
Old 10-05-2004, 04:42 AM   #21  
Southside White Sox Fan

Susie, Hubby and I are "extreme" baseball fans which is something you have to be when you live in a two team town! Those folks who say they are for both teams are not real baseball fans. Baseball is one of my biggest hobbies so I'm sorry that our distraction is over until Pitchers and Catchers report! I was at the post season games a couple of years ago when the Mariners made us look like little league players.....I'm nearly over it!
Old 10-05-2004, 08:21 AM   #22  
Kathy from Vermont

Smile

Hi all!. My name is Kathy and I have a wonderful husband who I have been married to for 14 years. We have 1 child, a 12 year old boy (Nicholas) and an 11 year old daughter named Bess (Golden Retriever). We live in Vermont in a small town near Burlington. My husband was layed off from IBM after 22 years and has been working as an airport security screener for 3 years now. Less pay but less stress also. I am a computer programmer and have been with my company for almost 15 years. I have been a member of WW off and on for a long time now but have never made goal. Back in the 80's I lost almost 100 pounds myself but I had a hard time maintaining and kept losing. Once I got married and had a child sad to say most of it came back (funny how that happens). I am commited to core and to losing and keeping it off this time. I exercise at least 4 or 5 times a week and have been doing that for a year now. I started core the 2nd week of Sept. and am down almost 10 pounds. Brrrrr. It is 39 degrees here this morning and I heard the furnace start. Oh well at least it is sunny and the trees are beautiful!!

Kathy
Old 10-05-2004, 08:33 AM   #23  
Mama to 3 Little Monkeys

S/C/G: 232/161.4/125

Height: 5ft 3 1/2inch

I don't think I did an intro. I am Anne. Mom to 7 month old Conner. My husband and I have been together over 20 years and will have our 16th wedding anniversay next month.

I was on WW before I got pregnant. While pregnant I gained 49 pounds. As you can see by my signature I am down to 173 (I gained a pound this past week. Up from 172).

This is my fourth week on Core. I love it! However, my brother was in town this past weekend and it was a little bit of a challenge eating out. Which we did several times. I think I made pretty good choices. But I feel yucky from my eating.

My goal is to get as close to my personal goal weight as possible before I get pregnant again. Which we plan on TTC in January.
Old 10-05-2004, 08:33 AM   #24  
Southside White Sox Fan

Hey, Kathy, it's good to hear from you. It's cold here in Chicago also. Only 40 degrees. How much do you have to lose?

I exercise every day but not like some folks. I walk on the treadmill for 30 minutes at about 2.1 mph. That's about all I can handle at the moment since I have about 150 pounds to lose. I weigh in every Thursday evening. I'm in week four of Core and so far have lost 6.4 pounds. Only 143.6 to go to goal!
Old 10-05-2004, 10:52 AM   #25  
Kathy from Vermont

Hi, Vickie. I have about 50 more to lose. That will bring me down to where I am comfortable. I have no desire to be as thin as I was when I was 20. I'll just settle for healthy and curvy.

Kathy
Old 10-05-2004, 11:07 AM   #26  

Hi everyone,

Tried to freeze my "chocolate yogurt" but I wouldn't suggest it. It didn't turn out as well as I had hoped for. Not gross, but not ice cream/frozen yogurt consistency. I think I may add it too my smoothy or something, maybe that will turn out better.

I guess I didn't introduce myself as well....I'm 29, mother of a wonderful 2yr old DD. I've been married for 9 years to my husband Bill. I was a great 9/10 before marriage and then it all went to the dogs after that. Started gaining weight slowly and it's progressed to where I can't stand it. I have about 40+ lbs to lose to make me happy, probably more to be the "correct" weight. I've tried WW before but starved on Flex so I'm really enjoying Core. I've been on it for a week now. I'm doing it on my own from home as there are no meetings closer than 2 hrs from my home, so this site is my encouragement meeting place. My real goal is to lose weight to that I can get pregnant and have another child soon without being extremely overweight while pregnant. I didn't gain much with DD as I was already a little heavier then I should have been, but I've gained most of that baby weight back and that annoys me.

So I hope to get some great ideas, recipes and encouragement from all. Keep up the good work everyone.

Jade
Old 10-05-2004, 03:23 PM   #27  

Well, just thought I'd post back here to let you know I had a gain of 1.2 pounds. Not sure if it's the Core plan or just me. But, I am officially going back to flexpoints now, I've "had it".
I think craving some bread items is just way too much for me.
I may still do a few posts here to keep up with how some of you are doing, but I guess I need to be journalling and keeping truly in portion control "mode".
Linda, bummed out in NH
Old 10-05-2004, 03:41 PM   #28  
Southside White Sox Fan

Linda, this is just a temporary setback. Instead of giving up on Core, why don't you consider both Core and journaling for a week and see what happens next week? You were so happy with the healthy foods you were eating on Core. You can still have your bread.

Just a thought....would hate to lose you.
Old 10-05-2004, 03:43 PM   #29  
Southside White Sox Fan

Jade, sorry your experiment didn't work out. I would have loved some chocolate frozen yogurt. I'm thinking next week may have to include some points for a tiny piece of gourmet chocolate. I think the TOM is nearly upon me. Drat....I'll probably be all bloated for my Thursday weigh in. Oh well. I'll be on this for at least 3 years. It's a marathon and not a sprint.
Old 10-05-2004, 05:49 PM   #30  
14 lbs to go!!

You know, I have been posting for a couple of weeks and never 'officially' introduced myself

My name is Angie live near *sigh* HERSHEY, PA.... (Some mornings you can SMELL the CHOCOLATE on the air!)

I have been married to my second husband for 4 years. I have two daughters from the first marriage and we are now a newly formed family. My older daughter is 15 and the fireworks have been a flyin'!! LOL!!

I am a programmer for a major health insurance company and I absolutely love my job. My biggest hobby is FERRETS. I have five and no matter what kind of day I am having they make me smile. They are the best pets!

I am a Southern Baptist gal from Dallas,Texas and now I am in PA married to a Jewish man. Go figure!! Love comes from all sorts of funny places!! We were married in Hershey Gardens and are extremely happy. Currently he is back in college earning his Master's degree in order to become a teacher. Both of us are in our late thirties and are both in college..hahaha. I am taking courses to earn a diploma in Computer Technology, so he and I are a couple of nerds.

My husband is very supportive in how we eat and exercise. He loves vegetables! YAY!! I hear how some spouses can be downright onery when it comes to banning Little Debbies from the house....hahaha

In my weight loss career I am at a total of 120 pounds lost. I also wanted to share that I have had plastic surgery to get rid of loose skin if anyone had questions about that process. I have come so far and don't really have that far to go! For those of you who are just starting out KEEP GOING...you can do it. You just have to accept that it isn't going to be a fast process and that you won't ever be able to go back to your 'old ways'. I should know, I just earned my second 10% keychain!! LOL
Closed Thread