Closed Thread

Old 11-08-2004, 11:44 AM   #256  

S/C/G: 148.8

Height: 5 ft

Hi Frannie and Vickie,

Thanks so much for your words of support and also your wonderful recipe for applesauce. I tried someone's suggestion this morning of putting my banana into the oatmeal after it was half cooked and it really did make a difference. I agree with you, Vickie, I will take one meal at a time. I really do know what to do and you ladies certainly are doing a great job losing those pounds. I am very proud of you. I intend to go out and do my treadmill for at least 30-35 minutes after I pay my bills on line.

Congratulations to you both on losing weight with CORE. Hopefully we can hear from the rest of our ladies and gentlemen so we can keep this board moving!

Have a great CORE day!
Nita
Old 11-08-2004, 03:13 PM   #257  

You are Welcome Nita, and way to go on the treadmill. I still haven't gotten outside for my walk yet but I will!!

I like to come on this board as well. I race home after whatever and my clicker takes me here! Very encouraging. We just can't go a pick up the phone and call can we! This is awesome!!

Everyone keep up the great work!!!
Old 11-08-2004, 03:29 PM   #258  

I am getting so many craving with CORE. I can't really eat fruit or dairy because it upsets my stomach? I might go back to the everything in moderation diet. But try not to eat sugar! J
Old 11-09-2004, 11:13 AM   #259  

S/C/G: 148.8

Height: 5 ft

Hi Everyone,

Well, I am energized today to stay on the CORE program. I went to a WW meeting yesterday and there must have been 30 or more people there. I hadn't gained or lost since I weighed in a week and a half ago. It's amazing what you can accomplish by staying for the meeting. One thing I did before the meeting was to go and buy an apple and core peeler. I tried it last evening and it's a really neat item. I just made one apple in the micro and added cinnamon and sweet and low and it came out excellent. This afternoon I am going to follow the recipes you ladies were so kind to share. jbbm -- Sorry you can't tolerate fruit or dairy because those are the two items that make the CORE program easy for me. I also like the fact I don't have to journal.

Well I have a lot of errands to run so I will close for now. Keep up the posts because they are very motivating!

Take care,
Nita
Old 11-10-2004, 11:48 AM   #260  
300+ Chick

Exclamation

Hello all,

Sorry for not posting much on here..Got lost in control with eating relaspe in the past days. I am back on track with Core..am finally getting Core companion book that my friend got me from ebay..So am waiting for it and am all set to get this excess weight off me.

Hoping everyone is hanging in there and losing with Core!

Have a great Core day!! Hugs to all.

Liliann
Old 11-10-2004, 12:09 PM   #261  
Southside White Sox Fan

JBBM, Core may not be for you. Fruit and dairy are some of the things that help fill us up. Without them on Core, I could imagine that you'd be hungry.

Nita, I'm glad you're back on program. I like staying for the meeting. Sometimes I learn things but even when I don't, I still feel like I get something out of it....even if it's just the shared "man this is hard"!!!!!!

Liliann, I think everyone should have the Daily Food Companion. Not having it would make following Core VERY difficult. Hope you stop by often!
Old 11-11-2004, 10:32 AM   #262  

Default Hello Everyone!

I weigh in tonight and I am very nervous! I did so bad this weekend, I do not see how I could not have a weight gain, but this will be my first time going that the scale will be up instead of down. ONe week I only lost .30 but it was still a loss.......
I got back on plan Monday, and only slipped one other time. I am back strong again, (until Thanksgiving atleast!! )

HOw is everyone doing? Sorry I have not been posting, things have been very hectic around here. I have to study for a test today, so I better cut this short. I will post more later.
Old 11-11-2004, 02:37 PM   #263  
Southside White Sox Fan

Teri, I weigh in tonight and I, too, am nervous. I wasn't off Core but feel like my portions might have been bigger than normal.

Oh well....it is what it is. I'm going to weigh in, stay for my meeting and start over fresh next week. After all, this is a marathon, not a sprint. Thank you dear hubby for that inspiration.
Old 11-11-2004, 03:22 PM   #264  

Vicki and Teri, I weigh in tonight also and am also quite nervous. I have been pretty CORE-driven this week, however, yet again the weekend was not so focused. I'm not sure if I have done enough in the last four days to rectify the weekend, but I am going to keep positive and fingers crossed. I don't even know why I do this to myself, b/c after I eat off-CORE, my body quite ill.

Vicki, you've mentioned staying for your meeting. Is anyone else doing that? I just cannot seem to stay for mine, I have though and get absolutely nothing from them. Also, I don't know if anyone is doing CORE. Everyone seems to be doing FLEX. I get more from y'all than my meetings, maybe I'm just not the meeting type.

Good luck to the Thursday night weigh-in! Will report back tomorrow.

Torrey
Old 11-11-2004, 04:45 PM   #265  

I just wanted to say hello to everyone. I have been on WW a few times now. The first time I was very successful losing around 30 lbs. A year later the weight is all back on. I have been using flex points for the past month and it is just not working for me this time. I think the first time I joined WW, counting the points seemed fun and it was a personal challenge to stay within my range, but I don't want to be doing that forever! I kind of disregarded core when I joined again but the more I read about it, the better it seems. I think staying away from sweets will be the hardest part, but I think that was my downfall on Flex. I thought I could eat those things, but it was hard to eat them in moderation. What I really need is a change, rather than continuing to eat the bad stuff in small portions ...or sometimes large portions lol. I was wondering if anyone had any advice for grocery shopping. I'm a 22 yr old student... so grocery shopping is difficult when I want to buy a variety of items... so maybe you could suggest for me some staple items... that would really be beneficial for me to get thru the first few weeks. It also doesnt help that I have 4 roomates who eat all the junkfood that they can get at.... its right infront of me all the time! Eeek Thanks!!
Old 11-11-2004, 07:58 PM   #266  
300+ Chick

Cool

Terri,Vickie and Torrey...Good luck with your weigh in and meeting. Go Ladies go!!!

Silverain... Welcome

I am losing control again..darn me, after having a good breakfast and lunch..those darn bakery cookies called and push me ..ugh! I was good yesterday and made me lose 3 Lbs .. I notice now and my challenge I must do is not to weigh myself and then reward of losing by eating..I know, bad me..So, I will get back on track tomorrow and won't weigh in till next weekend.

Good luck all and Have a nice on Core Friday!!

Anyone on here following Core without meetings or WW online? Just curious ..since am a WWer home gal.

Liliann
Old 11-11-2004, 09:05 PM   #267  
Janette

This thread is getting a little long and hard to keep up. I am going to start #3. For those that have lost, GOOD JOB. For those that are finding it difficult to stay on program, just take it an hour, a meal, a day at a time. String them all together and make a week then a month. You can do it.
Old 11-11-2004, 11:02 PM   #268  
Southside White Sox Fan

Well, I lost .4 tonight and I can't help but be disappointed. I know....I know....it's a loss but I want so much to be a success at this. So now I'm at 14.8 down. I so wanted to change my "chick" to 15. Next week. More water and veggies for me this week and a little less meat/chicken.

Silverain.....Welcome. I say come on in the water's great! I'm on Core because I couldn't/didn't make good choices on Flex and was always hungry or eating too much and gaining. I LOVE Core. You'll get over the sugar addiction after the first week. You could spend your 35 WPA's for some treats. I use mine for a bun now and then and margarine for my veggies. I just can't eat them dry! In the 9 weeks I've been on Core, I see that I'm buying the same things over and over again. Here's my list to get you started:

Brown Rice, Pearl Barley, Couscous, Oatmeal
Boneless skinless Chicken, Lean Steak, Ground Sirloin, Ground Turkey
Canned tomatoes, tomato sauce, tomato paste
Progresso Soups (not all are Core but I love Rich & Hearthy Beef Barley and Lentil)
Healthy Choice Split Pea with Ham (even though there are potatoes they don't count as your one serving per day according to WW).
SF/FF puddings
FF Cool Whip (not Core but 0 points if you only use 2T)
Salad Fixins and other fresh veggies (the more the better)
Egg Beaters
FF Cheese (I really like Borden American singles)
FF Ricotta
Nonfat Milk

Best advice....go to the Barbo Diet Kitchen and type in Core in the search function. There are many, many wonderful Core recipes here. Even if you aren't a cook most of the recipes aren't hard. I've got several favorites (including some great desserts) I can recommend and many of them freeze really well. You could cook once (the Smothered Barley with Chicken - Yum) and freeze at least 4 more meals for future use (or eat them for a week). Here's the link http://www.barbosdietkitchen.com/archive.pl.

I'd also advise you to buy the Daily Food Companion because the week one book really isn't enough. Take oatmeal, for example. Instant oatmeal is not Core but the quick and whole grain are Core. Without the Daily Food Companion, you won't have this information.

Good Luck. Wish I had taken off my weight at 22 instead of waiting until 48!
Closed Thread