Closed Thread

Old 10-10-2006, 04:10 PM   #4111  

Neesy,

As you are counting calories you could eat what you want (within reason) as long as you don't go over your calorie allowance. You don't have to live on chicken, turkey and veggies hon.

What type of food do you really like, I mean food not candy or naughty snacks lol.

My personal eating plan is lowish carb. I know I could not follow Atkins or South Beach to the letter but I have managed to switch from bad carbs to good carbs. White to brown, sugar to no sugar added basically.

My biggest hurdle is potatoes, always will be. I try to only eat them once a week, last couple of weeks I ate the more often than that and of course I didn't lose any weight. Thankfully I didn't put on any either! (phew).

Tell us what kind of food you like, we'll try to help with recipes etc. You really do need to eat more, if you body goes into 'starvation mode' you won't lose a sausage and eventually and all the weight you did lose will go right back on.

Sarah
Old 10-10-2006, 08:01 PM   #4112  

S/C/G: 241/See Ticker/141

Height: 5'6"

Thanks. I have taken your advice. I've been eating normal meals.. just small portions and have eliminated pop which will help me a lot because I use to drink almost a two liter a day. My biggest issue is that I love carbs. I need to quit being hung up on trying to lose it fast. I do that every year and it always comes back. I am really trying to make a lifestyle change this time.. Something I can stick to. Thanks for all of your help. I am really appreciative of the support that I have on here.. it really really helps.=)
Old 10-11-2006, 11:58 AM   #4113  

S/C/G: See tracker

Height: 5'5"

Neesy,
I've read this article on diet-blog and re-thinking my pop habit

http://www.diet-blog.com/archives/20...erous_link.php

"Cola consumption (4 colas a week or more) was linked to a lower bone mineral density in three hip sites "

I suggest you guys read this
Old 10-11-2006, 12:33 PM   #4114  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Hello Ladies..........

Well I tripped on the way out of my nephew's wedding reception and fracture my ankle. Luckily, it is in an aircast and easier to motivate than a regular cast. Pain is minimal now.

Everyone sounds great. Holly, wtg on the daycare business. You have enough going on and it sounds like the Avon is growing by leaps and bounds. Good for you.

Going to the covered bridge festival on the 21st. It is a big event here Indiana every year. My GF from St. Louis is coming to go with. We usually have a grand time.

Be happy.

(((HUGS)))

Annie
Old 10-12-2006, 10:39 PM   #4115  

Talking

Hey everyone,
I was right. The scale moved this week. Even wearing my jeans instead of the shorts I've worn to my meetings all summer. I'm down 5lbs...

My sister and her husband are flying to San Antonio next w-end for a business meeting for him. I'm driving down and meeting them half way.
I think she will be suprised. When I saw her last I weighted 306lbs. Last night I was at 219. I'm going to try real hard to have a 3lb week. That will put me at a 90lbs total loss so far.

Everything is going great. Well almost. Both sons are unemployed again.
Yougest son's car is broken down. Dh is still working 60-70 hours a week.
nothing changes here. Oldest son turns 32 tomorrow...That's a real kick in the a$$.
I FEEL REALLY GOOD...

Annie: Heal quickly
Love you guys..
Old 10-12-2006, 11:34 PM   #4116  

S/C/G: See tracker

Annie: Hope you feel better soon
Debbie: yay for the loss!! keep it up

I've had a 0.5 lbs loss.. I'll take it
Old 10-13-2006, 09:26 AM   #4117  

Aw, ((((((Annie)))))
Go Debbie, GO Debbie
Hi Jiggly

doing okay...
Wednesday blew for amounts of food, yesterday was much better. Today will rock!!! I did a calorie calculater and to maintain my weight i am eating 3000 calories a day. To gain( like I have) I am looking at closer to 4000( oink). So if I can keep it under 2000 I can lose 2 lbs a week. Makes sense. Just gotta do it.

Snow is still on the ground!!! It was a lovely evening last night with all the crunchy snow. Fire is roaring.

Going to test drive some cars tomorrow adfternoon.

DS’s coat zips apart into a vest and layers, outer jacket, fleece jacket etc....he decided last night to take it all apart then got pissy with me for not putting it back together fast enough or the right way. It is over now and we all survived.

I have a Tulip Planting event scheduled for tomorrow with Avon in support of Breast Cancer Research. At least the ground is not frozen. Will check the forcast. hmmmm high winds, 46F, chance of showers, wont be snowing anyhow.

I need to pull up my socks and do some housework today. I am over that cold( finally). My ankle is tender still( 2 weeks). I have been lots of leg and hip exercises because I am am not walking or standing well.

Todo
empty out van
put away laundry
sort and put away toys
clean kitchen
vacuum
clean kids rooms
file and clean office
do some Avon planning
clean back hall- we have swim goggles hanging beside winter hats. Gotta love Ontario weather.

HUGS!!!
Old 10-13-2006, 04:17 PM   #4118  

S/C/G: 241/See Ticker/141

Height: 5'6"

It took me a week to drop a pound, but at least its going down instead of up. I figure that if I stick with it then I will eventually reach my goal.. so I just gotta keep the faith. I feel a lot healthier and my clothes are fitting a lot better... so its a good incentive to keep going. Hope everyone is doing well

Correction: I lost 3 pounds. Yay!

Last edited by Neesy_20; 10-14-2006 at 03:14 PM. Reason: correction
Old 10-15-2006, 10:56 AM   #4119  

Feeling uplifted and happy. I do love our church community.
It is 5C/41F and sunny!! Nice blue sky!!
It has been fun to tell people of all my life changes. Lots of surprise and well wishes. Enjoyable.
Hockey at 1:15, will need to leave around 12pm.
10:40 right now.
Will need to feed the troops, pick up a few groceries and maybe get at some paper work.

This is me yesterday morning with my Mom before planting the tulips( for Breats Cancer research). New sassy hair do. I dont usually have that many chins but was scrunched up in the cold.
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f1.../P10004712.jpg

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f1.../P10004721.jpg

AND......We are the proud new leasees of a 2007 Chevy Cobalt; 5 speed;silver exterior, grey interior( dirt coloured),air, tilt, cruise, everything else is manual. Leased for much less than we put into repairs on the van last year and we will spend 75% less money on gas!!! It is all under warranty bumper to bumper.We are picking it up on Thurs!!!! weeeheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. This is a first for both of us.

Also, I signed my contract yesterday for the new Por Organizing job. I work from 9:30-3 on Tues and then when all these kids are really gone I will work as the jobs arrive but about 10-15 hours a week. My choice when and for how long based on availability. Yippee!!!

Very, very happy person sitting here. Feeling like I am in a space to lose weight too. I controlled my eating all week( wasn't perfect) and I exercised 3 days.
Old 10-15-2006, 06:51 PM   #4120  

Height: 5'7"

Hi Everyone,
Life has been continuing to run me instead of me running my life. I'm going to figure out how to turn that around. I don't like what has happened with it going the other way.

I know I'm the only one to change it and I am working on it! I'm starting to settle into my job. To tell you the truth I just wasn't feeling like I fit into it. I felt like an imposter doing it. I'm used to going to a manager and asking permission to do things; this position requires me to make the call (and deal with it if it wasn't the right one) and I really felt intimidated by it. When I feel intimidated I feel overwhelmed and when I feel overwhelmed I eat!!

But, things have turned around for me and I'm ready to settle into the position and work it for all it's worth. I've had that attitude for about 3 weeks and a co-worker commented to me on Friday that I seem more like myself.

Now, I'm ready to tackle the weight again. What does ready mean? For me it means:

1. Journaling my food
2. Staying between 1,500-1,800 calories a day
3. Getting in 3-4 workouts a week (45 mn cardio, 45 min strength + streatching)
4. Journaling my emotions and thoughts--here and in my journal.
5. Seeking out help when I'm about to binge.
6. Striving for a 1 lb loss a week.

There it is. All laid out and ready to go.

Holly:Congrats on the new wheels! Tell me more about this new job. I'm lost!!

Annie: I'm so sorry to hear about ankle. Take care of yourself!

Jiggly: That .5lb loss is in the right direction. Celebrate it!

Debbie: MY HERO!!!! Lady...you have done so well. I am so proud of you. I can't wait to hear what your sister thinks.

Ok..DH said supper is ready. Time to go eat.
I'll see everyone more often...I promise this to myself! It's a part of my plan.
Old 10-15-2006, 07:25 PM   #4121  

Holly~You are such a beautifull person! I understand about the chins...I was trying to fix the camersa when it went off, it was at chest level pointing up to my face, lets just say that is one pic I am happy to have gotten rid of.

Susie~You can do this!!! We all just need to get our heads in the right places. Sounds like you have everything set for it, and all you need is support, and that is where we come in! ((hugs)) We can do this together!
Old 10-17-2006, 06:58 PM   #4122  

Thanks UPS!
Susie- do you know the TV show Clean Sweep??? That is what I will do.
Actually, it's what I did today.
Today was the first time in 15 years I have gone to work for someone else and the first time 8.5 years I have left home to work. A little freaky but exciting.
The job went well. I do enjoy it. My "boss" is cool.The client was a delight. Albiet a very "chaotic" person but working thru it. Way cool to see her transformation.
I am soooo tired. Yikes. Mostly from being with 2 other adults for 6 hours straight and communicating. Just plain not used to it. The work is dirty and physical but not hard work.Then there was the mad after school/making supper dash.
Old 10-18-2006, 09:17 AM   #4123  

Holly your new job sounds great! I wish I had a job that was a little more physical. All I do is sit at my desk, maybe gettting up to get the doc something. Dh keeps kidding me saying that I could get hired at UPS as a holiday helper. THe closest UPS to us is actually considered to be in a different district than the one DH works in, so I would beable to work there without any problems. The only small prob is that I have no one to watch the kiddies. Oh well, I will stick with my job for now, maybe I will actually get my rear in gear and get to the gym.

My sis is coming by after school to keep and eye on the girls so I can really scrub the bathroom floor. It will be nice to get some work done without the two girls fighting over who gets to help me...if you want to call it help.

Off to start my day!
Old 10-18-2006, 11:49 AM   #4124  

Even tho I am fat, I never really stop moving and I could never do what you do. A desk job would make me crazy. I have always had a hands on/ standing up/moving kind of job.

Big HUGS for everyone!!!

Had a great phone convo with my new boss. An “excellent” report from the client on my “work” yesterday and good feedback from the boss. I definitely have the job. So I will work 2-3 days a week as the jobs are available.Usually sceduled 1-2 weeks ahead!!!! Perfection!!!

I will give final notice to daycare families for this Friday( most are done anyhow) . I will have most of the next 2 week off of work. I cant remember ever even having 2 days off in a row for most of the last 20 years. I have worked fulltime since i was 17, even when I was a student( worked nights and weekends).

I was home for 3 years( off payroll) when the kids were babies. It was fabulous but being home with babies is still a full time job with a whole lot of sleep deprivation on the side AND I was in a new marriage. That is tons of work.

I am going to leisurely get this house in shape and the paint the livingroom and DD’s bedroom.

I may dance around neked the odd time too.( with the curtains closed!!)

.......livingroom is DONE. I put out the halloween decorations.

There has been so much chaos here for the last year i haven't done any of my seasonal decorating. it feels so GOOD to do something fun around here.

Need to flip laundry and make lunch.

I will clean the diningroom window too so the kids can put up window clings.
Old 10-21-2006, 08:22 PM   #4125  

Red face

Hey everyone,
I'm still hanging in there. I've not been op this week. Just can't get full.
I have greatly up my activities.
I'm so excited about seeing my sister tomorrow. I didn't lose the 3lbs I had hoped for, but I think she will be thrilled with the 87lbs I have lost. We are driving 175 miles for a 2 1/2 hr visit but it's worth it.
I had my mamogram last week and they sent me a letter telling me they need a better look at the left breast...
I'm going to go now. I have some stuff to do before bed..
Hugs and Prayers everyone.
Closed Thread