Closed Thread

Old 12-16-2006, 12:05 AM   #4171  

S/C/G: 285.2/285.2/185

Height: 5'9"

May I join you folks? My next goal is to make it to Onederland. I had a birthday goal of getting halfway to my ultimate goal, and I made it -- woohoo! So the next goal is Onederland by Valentine's Day, which is probably too aggressive, but I'll see if I can do it. If not, at least I can get close! I'm 19 pounds away.
Old 12-16-2006, 06:29 PM   #4172  

Talking

Lisamarie:
Glad to have you here. Looks like you're off to a great start.
I also have a 19lb goal by Valentines day...I'll need to lose 25 to get to onderland. The 19 will get me to my 100lb mark.
WE CAN DO THIS...
I go to WW and my wi are on weds.
later
Old 12-16-2006, 06:57 PM   #4173  

Talking

LisaMarie: FYI
I checked and we have 60 days. We need to loose 2.22lbs a week to make our goal...WOW.
I still intend to give it my best.
Old 12-19-2006, 10:21 PM   #4174  

Default Ohhhhh how y'all motivate me now!

What a beautiful place this is - I just found it! I have 20 pounds more to go before I hit 199...Ohhhh to be with others who understand this feeling is sooo exciting!
I am 47 and am going to create a whole new life for myself as soon as I can get up my confidence. Been married sooo long and have a middle schooler who I adore but marriage is not for me....

So wonderful to read all your posts - Thank you all! You inspire me so!

Cathy
Old 12-19-2006, 10:28 PM   #4175  

Height: 5'5"

hi all!

I have had some bumps in the road, and I am not sure where that leaves me, but I am so ready to get back to fighting the good fight. I Had the flu, and also miscarried in the last month. I am disappointed, but it is God's will. I also am feeling somewhat depressed, and I felt like this after my last misc too. I am going to go in and see the dr, I don't feel up to trying to fight this off. I am hoping that maybe a small antidepressant will help boost me up. I hate feeling this way, and I don't like how I react to my kids when I feel this way.

Sorry for dumping on everyone, but I had to let it go and say/type it.

I am hoping to get in to check out the boards more often this next month.
Old 12-20-2006, 07:49 AM   #4176  

Default Hang in there, Ellen!

Dear Ellen,

So very sorry to hear about your miscarriage and the flu. What a rotten time it has been for you! I am a personal coach, but I am also prone to depression and have a kazillion pounds still to lose... but still, I want you to know that you are decidedly, clearly *not* alone, that everyone is here with you! (Smiling - I know *how* to coach Other People, but when it comes to me? I rarely follow my own great advice! More smiles).

No, we do not know the reason why these things happen... but yes, it is all for a reason. Sometimes we find out later one day, sometimes we do not... But the important thing is that we realize that it was simply not meant to be, at least not at this moment in time.

I am finding it extremely helpful to keep my goal in sight and to realize that even small steps are great! In January 2005 I weighed 18 pounds more than I did today. No, that is not a lot to lose in 2 years, but then again, I was not trying all that hard, either.

Let us vow that in 2007 it will be the beginning of a fresh new start. Can you think in that way perhaps, Ellen? I am going to do this. Start fresh and forget this horrendous 2006 that I have had.

I am going to keep my goal always and forever in my mind. Then, when I want to have a full cup of cole slaw (instead of 1/2 cup) I will think of my goal which is to visit e-friends I have never met who live in the San Francisco area, which is on the other coast. I have never been west of WV! So I am not going to visit these friends till I get within 10 pounds of my goal - which is still 53 lbs to go before I can meet them! (and I want to meet them verrrry badly, but not with this extra 63 lbs on me)!

Ellen- some suggestions -
1) Do not think of it as dumping. You are sharing your feelings with others and here is a safe, okay place to do that.
2) You are not alone. We are in the same boat and we can all pull together.
3) Come to this board often for support, motivation, and inspiration. Read what others have been going through and know that if they can make it, so can you.
4) Pick a tiny goal. My goal for this week is to have lost 2 pounds at my WW meeting. That will impact how much Miracle Whip I use on my sandwich, whether or not I take walks for the next 2 days, and how much frozen fat free yogurt I put in my bowl each night! Simple baby steps is what it takes to lose weight. I have lost 80 lbs before (only to re-gain it) but at least I do know how to do this! Smiles!
I think of it this way. Almost like an alcolholic, I am addicted to poor eating and lax exercise habits. So now I am simply saying to myself CONSTANTLY:

Cathy, one bite and one foot in front of the other at a time.

If I can take each bite and every step that I walk as a separate, isolated incident, it is really very simple. Do not think big picture, just think: What will I do for this ONE moment in time, this one minute that I have been given?

5) Consider going to the very bottom of this screen and checking off that you want instant notification if someone replies. It is how I received notice of your post in my inbox.

6) It has been proven that those who have written goals (not just in our heads) are more successful than those who have committed them to memory. Have you written all your goals down? Do you review that list at least daily? I used to have pictures symbolic of my goals taped all over the frame of my old computer. I am thinking of doing the same thing for 2007 too, so they will always be visible.

Got to run now. Another thing that helps is serving this very troubled nation of ours that seems to be run amok with so-called leaders who care more about corporations than they do the needs and well-being of its citizens! Plotting a strategy to block a new "nukuler" power plant here in Maryland!

Big hugs and best wishes to you,

Cathy
Old 12-20-2006, 03:07 PM   #4177  

Cathy~thanks so much for replying. I am doing fine, and I do have my goals written. I am just frustrated, because I was starting to feel normal again...after having been bounced around with no one being able to figure out what was going on. But I guess I will just have to ride the roller coaster again, but this time I think I may be depressed, and I am going to talk to the doctor about it.

And I was in a good workout routine, but unfortunaltely the kids were sick, and I could not get to the gym, then I was sick. They are all better now, so I am motivating myself and hubby to get to the gym as often as we can in January.

I too am farther along this weight loss. I am 24 pounds less than I was two years ago. I know that is great, but then I see ppl who have lost that much in 6mos, and it drives me crazy. Wondering what is wrong with MY body that I can't get the weight off like a "normal" person. but I need to remind myself that we are all different, and lose weight in different ways.

So thankfully I have a supportive family both in RL and here online. Thanks again!

((hugs))
Old 12-20-2006, 09:08 PM   #4178  

Talking

Ellen: Prayers for you my friend. I remember you have the flu, but I had no idea about the miscarriage.
I'm glad to have you posting again. We are always here for you. Put a voice to you depression anytime you feel up to it. It really helps to vent.

Cathey: Welcome, We are glad your here. I loved your post and it was such great advise.
Old 12-22-2006, 09:27 PM   #4179  

Hey ladies!!!
Still hanging in. I am down 6 lbs. Which is still up 15 lbs form my lowest.Which was a loooong way from goal.
Have made even mor echanges in my life. Feelig more at home wht all the new stuff.
I am ready to refocus on my weight loss too.

(((UPS))))

Mostly I wanted to wish everyone joy, peace and wellnees throughout the holidays. Merry Christmas!!!
Old 12-23-2006, 07:18 PM   #4180  

Merry Christmas!

Happy Hanukah!
Old 12-23-2006, 07:33 PM   #4181  

S/C/G: 215/186.5/130

Height: 5'3

Hi everyone!!! New here and have a question.. Is it possibly to gain 2 lbs. in one day and only ate 500 calories so far between lunch and a snack.. Is something wrong with me or this cheap scale?? I feel im going crazy since ive been eating healthy and being much more active than I have in the last 19 yrs. of mylife.

Stacy
Old 12-26-2006, 01:14 PM   #4182  

Talking

Ok everyone,
I for one am ready to get back to work! New years is no threat to my diet. I'm SOOO ready to get refocused.
NO EXCUSES!!

Stacie: When I gain like that it always water. If you don't drink enough your body will retain water..strange how that works.
Old 12-26-2006, 10:54 PM   #4183  

S/C/G: 215/186.5/130

Height: 5'3

Debbie, I thought I was going crazy!!! I think I have a problem with the scale, I cant stop stepping on it, but its working to my dissavantage.. I always find my self stepping on it before I eat and then after, I know thats crazy but I cant help it. I think I need to lock it up and burry it in the backyard.
Old 12-27-2006, 09:00 AM   #4184  

Height: 5'7"

Hi Ladies,
It's been a LONG time since I was last here.
I'm working on cutting out "excess" in my life so I can loose this excess weight.

I'm not one to say No to anything be it time commitments, food, etc, but I'm finding that I must if I'm ever going to get around to taking care of me.

I just wanted to let you know that I'm still around and I'm lacing up my shoes to get back in this race.

I've resigned my Area Captain TOPS position, so that I can focus on my own weight loss effort and be active in my own chapter instead of taking care of 14 other chapters.

I said no to a part-time job offer so I would have the time I need to work out and make healthy meals at home and spend some much needed time relaxing and resting.

I'm not going to go to ever dinner with my groups that come in; one a month will be plenty. I'm doing what I can at work to limit new projects and I'm just not going to accept a new one without handing off an old one. (Had a heart to heart talk with my boss about this).

So, I'm trying and that's all I can do...each day...

It's good to read everyones posts. I'll see you on the boards.
Susie
Old 12-27-2006, 10:08 AM   #4185  

Welcome back susie!!!

I am with everyone else. I am lacing up my shoes and ready to hit this weight loss running. I am on my way to the gym right now!!! yay!!! first time in about 2 months...I really need to make this work, because otherwise I am just throwing money away. Hope everyone has a healthy new years.

later chicas!
Closed Thread