Closed Thread

Old 03-10-2009, 05:57 PM   #91  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Just poping in to say hello.
Old 03-10-2009, 10:54 PM   #92  

Hello Ladies,

I have been out of town. My uncle passed away this weekend. Made a quick trip to San Antonio. He was only 72, yet he was so ready to go.
Keep his family in your prayers.
Old 03-11-2009, 05:58 AM   #93  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

So sorry to hear about the family loss Patty.
Hope you are feeling okay.
Old 03-11-2009, 07:20 AM   #94  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Morning chicks,

Quickie for me. We'll be leaving shortly. Prayers that all goes well with DH's eye will be appreciated. I think he's a bit nervous. Why shouldn't he be?

Shad - your pics were gorgeous, link worked fine.

Patty so sorry for your loss, will keep the uncle's family in my prayers

Hi Ceejay, Annie

Michelle - you and I are yin and yang

Mel - hope you enjoyed the mental help day.

Gotta fly - bye!
Old 03-11-2009, 09:27 AM   #95  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Happy Hump Day and Trash Day....Speaking of trash, my trash bin was blown over and trash strewn down the street. Had to pick it all up, just as I was leaving for work. Yuck! Was stormy and windy last night, but was so exhauted didn't even hear it. I did dream that twin tornados came down the ditch behind my mom's house and she and I were in the back yard. I was holding onto the Chinese Elm tree and she was holding on to my feet trying not to be blown away. How bizarre!

Shad...I am not sure why not to put bananas in the fidge, I will google it later and try to have an answer for you. Pretty pix. Flowers make me happy.

MEL...my boss came back from a week at corporate in budget meetings and put $21.00 bucks in the curse bucket. I didn't even ask how the budget meetings went. haha. Love the chicken recipe. I may try it out this weekend. Thank God for the missing bucks. Now you feel briefly rich. lol

Michelle....I love leftover pot roast sandwiches with mayo and lettuce, tomato. Yummy. Have a great day at work. I would love to come into work early and get part of the afternoon off.

Happy...wake-y, wake-y, eggs and bacey....I will be sure to say prayers for your hubby.

Ceejay...Hey there girl.

Patty...Prayers for your uncle's family. I am flying into San Antonio next Tuesday evening (3/17), my GF from Corpus is driving up then we are staying thru THursday. THen driving down to Corpus to visit with her family. She will drive me back to San Antonio on Saturday night for my flight back to Indy. I am so excited. I am officially here 3 mos, and have 4 vacation days built up. Using 3 next week.

Not much going on here. Got Italian pork roast in the crockpot for dinner with Tony tonight. Made a big salad to go with. Probably some kind of veggie too....can't decide, will have to think on it.

Hello to all I may have missed.

Much love and many hugs....
Old 03-11-2009, 03:43 PM   #96  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Happy Wednesday ladies -

I didn't make it to the gym last night...I was just feeling really achy and tired, so I rested. I'm feeling better today and planning on going to the gym later. This morning started out with me meeting my carpool buddy at the park and ride lot, and the passenger door latch being frozen/stuck open...so when you tried to close the door, it just bounced back and wouldn't latch. Couldn't drive with it that way, and I figured I'd better take it to the shop. So I called my boss, and told him of my car woes, and said that after I got back from the repair shop, I'd work from home. It turned out to be a pretty easy and inexpensive fix, which was wonderful!

Ceejay - Glad you were able to pop in! I hope your day is going well.

Patty - I'm so sorry for your loss. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your/his family. Are you feeling any better?

Shad - Thanks for posting the link to the photos!

Happy or should I call you Yang - - I hope your DH's surgery went well. My thoughts and prayers are with him (and you).

Annie - That was a mighty weird dream you had. I'm glad that you didn't have those twin tornadoes for real. I, too, wish I could start work at 6 am and leave at 3 every day. Unfortunately that's not an option. That's wonderful you can take vacation so quickly! I'm sure you'll really enjoy your visit with your friend.

Well, I'd better get back to work. Lots more to get done before I call it a day.

Love and hugs,

Last edited by diyana; 03-11-2009 at 03:44 PM.
Old 03-11-2009, 04:20 PM   #97  
Choose your hard

Anyone got any leftover pot roast? Annie reminded me how much I love pot roast sandwiches Yuck on having to pick up the garbage - especially when you're all spiffed up for work.

Funny thing about "the new normal" today's world. Our raises are tied to our performance reviews. If you think it's pay for performance than you can yourself silly and drop a few bucks in Annie's cuss bucket on the way out the door. But anyway, reviews have always been tough in one group, no matter how hard you tried, you could never quite achieve enough to elicit walk on water status getting a whole 1 percent more in a raise than your dullard coworkers. But this year we donated our raises (yes that's how I prefer to think of it - now how do I claim it on my taxes?) to the better good of the company. Yep, bad news is no extra money, good news is you can keep your job (for the moment). So with no raise money to be gained, guess which group got GLOWING reviews this year? No, this was not my group, was a story told to me. Everyone it seems got chatted up as if they were part of the second coming. How much you wanna bet they all go back in the toilet if there's money next year

DH is fine. Thanks for the good thoughts and prayers. He was quite doped up and is sleeping it off now. He was so dopey that he made me take a road I questioned highly. It dead ended and I had to take another road that took me right on to the EXPRESSWAY. I am Terrified of the expressway. The last time I drove one was 1979 - no lie - when we moved from the city to the suburbs. For 30 years I have been able to avoid it. When Shad came to visit, I made DH take the week off too so I would not have to drive the expressway to downtown. When we moved here 600 miles from Chicago, my beloved SIL drove me and my car down here and we bought her a plane ticket back home. It's not the fast driving that gets to me, it's the cars veering in and out quickly. I think they will crash into me and I flinch. Not a good thing at 70 miles per hour. So I don't do expressways. When I realized where I was today, I was trying not to vocally freak out for DH's benefit. I told him he LIED to me but all he did was bob his head in a drunken fashion and slur "I'm sorry - you will be ok". When I asked him where we were going (I did now want to wind up in Alabama as we were already in Mississippi), he didn't answer me. He fell asleep. I had to ask 3 times. By the time he answered, we just passed the exit he said to take. Ala-bamba here we come. By the grace of Jesus (and I mean this will all my heart) it not only stopped raining but I swear all the traffic moved to the other side of the expressway in the opposite direction. Just me, one other car and a semi tractor trailer. Fortunately, the next exit was a familiar road and I was able to get off the bloody highway and make it home safe and sound.

Can you tell I don't like to drive? Now I'm sure my partner here - Miss Yin - probably loves distance driving and was considering a career as a trucker - weren't you Michelle ? Expecially since you have the swearing part down pat.

Ok, break's over, back to query writing.
Old 03-11-2009, 05:35 PM   #98  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Morning all,
Brief note before I go running into the training room again. I am not doing the training, I am being the student from ****.

Happy - hope DH is feeling better today and is seeing his way around somewhat. Give him a big because he was a brave boy and he deserves it. Sorry to hear about your lack of payrise. I'm not going to ask who got the gongs. Probably some group that contributes little and has very little to achieve in the way of goals. I hated personal appraisals when I was employed and felt that they achieved little and smacked of politics.

Annie - bananas do not like the cold. They are a tropical fruit and lose all their looks (go dull and grey-brown) if exposed to the cold. I'm also presuming that the goodies contained in bananas - potassium, vitC etc - do not do well in the cold of our fridges. So put the darned things in the fruit bowl in a suggestive way and eat as quickly as possible before they go black and ooze juice. Love the sound of the pot roast. Might see if I can do one myself one of these days.

Michelle - or should I say Ying - Gym works just fine 3 days a week. As long as you don't spend the downtime lying on the couch then you should do just fine.

I'm in the apartment and now walking to work. It takes me around 17-20 minutes of good brisk walk. I went downstairs last night to check out the pool and the gym. The gym has a fair range of stuff but no treadmill. I'll give it a go next week. Tomorrow I go home for the weekend to pick up some warmer gear - just when it has decided to warm up somewhat in Melbourne. Still I will need it later on. Speaking of going home, I'd better go and book for Easter weekend, which is only about 3 weeks away believe it or not.

And with that, I'm off to get a cup of coffee, some fruit for breakfast and get emotionally prepared to wow them in class!!!!
Old 03-12-2009, 12:51 AM   #99  
Choose your hard

I want to watch Shad as the student from ****. Please video tape. Thank you

Do not store your bananas in the fruit bowl with other fruits unless you want them to ripen up. Very quickly. Apparently bananas give off a gas that causes other fruits to ripen. So they have to gaze at the other fruits from afar.

I have finally learned how to tell when a mango is ripe and how to cut one. Amazing difference between struggling with a very underripe one when you don't know it's underripe. I'm loving mango salsa.

And it's off to bed for me. Please sleet - pass by my town, you can go south because Ceejay doesn't want it either.

Sleep well chicks, give 'em Heck Shad!
Old 03-12-2009, 08:08 AM   #100  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

Still Not Feeling Well. Turned Out To Be An Intestinal Bug. Will See You All Soon.
Happy Thursday
Old 03-12-2009, 08:08 AM   #101  
Choose your hard

Good morning ladies,

Nothing new since last night and now. Lots of rain in the area, cold, cold rain. But at least we didn't get the sleet. I have a major headache, no doubt weather related.

Not much to say other than and have a good one in your respective corners of the world.
Old 03-12-2009, 09:33 AM   #102  
Annie - Indiana

S/C/G: 303/143/165

Height: 5'9"

Good Morning My Dears...

Well Tony had some intestinal thing (couldn't poo, then pood his butt off) lol, last night and didn't come over for dinner. I have a huge Italian pork roast in the fridge ready for eating. Stop by for your portion!!

Eight days till spring! I am so excited. I love, love, love, being outdoors. Only 5 days til vacation. 80s and sunny predicted for Texas when I am there. VERY excited!

Michelle and MEL...hope you both are feeling much better today. Yikes, keep that stuff at your end of the world.

Shad...I, too, would like a copy of you being the student from ****. I sense you are a bit ornery, lol.

Happy...glad DH is doing well...um, on the expressway driving, just get out there and be all you can be...just like the army. Close your eyes if it gets too bad, lol.

Not much else going on here. High today, I think is 40, cloudy, dreary, BUT NO SNOW....however flooding in other parts of Indiana. Can't wait for warmth, sunshine, and planting the garden. Working in the yard, planting flowers, cutting grass, I love it all.

Hello to all.

Much love and many hugs,
Old 03-12-2009, 10:05 AM   #103  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Morning ladies
I tried to get on last night but this sight was s-l-o-w. We had winter weather advisories for last night and today. I got up and first thing looked outside. To my dismay no snow but the rain is freezing again on the tree's and power lines. I'm going out in a bit to get staples.

Happy
I agree that driving in Memphis is hard.

Annie
I am wanting to get out side too. I hate being cooped up in the winter months. What part of Texas are you going? I'm going to Carrollton, a suburb of Dallas in July. I'm thinking of driving this year.

Shad
I see that you are on Facebook now. I'm disappointed that the journals are closing. Things must be a mess at you new job, but I have enough confidence in you to pull through.

I'll have to go back and read some of the other posts to make comments for mel and michelle.
Old 03-12-2009, 10:16 AM   #104  
Creating a Healthier Me

S/C/G: 250/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Happy Thursday ladies -

The weekend is nearly here! Yay! I almost didn't go to the gym last night. I was feeling really tired. But I forced myself to go and do 1/2 hour of cardio followed by the Abs class. I'm so glad I did. I felt much better when I left. And judging by my mood this morning, I've still got a few endorphins left over from last night.

Happy - I hear ya' about the raises/reviews. If we get a raise this year, it will be minimal and will probably come as a one time payout so it won't increase our base salary at all...thereby saving the company money and allowing us to keep our jobs. I'm totally okay with this, as I think is everyone here. We glad to have jobs. I'm so glad to hear your DH is doing well. Sorry about your harrowing experience on the expressway. I'm so glad you made it home okay. As for your question, Ms. Yang, I do enjoy driving and don't mind distance driving. In fact, when we moved from CA to WI, DH drove the moving van towing his classic Mustang, and I drove his SUV towing my car. It was a nice trip seeing the country that way. I'm okay with freeways and expressways, but I DON'T like bad traffic. I get very uncomfortable driving in CA when I go back there, as there are SO many cars driven by idiots. We don't get traffic out where I live or even where I work...but when we drive to Milwaukee...or worse yet, Chicago...there is a lot of traffic. I've never driven to Chicago...always have DH do the driving down there. But I did drive on the NJ Turnpike when visiting my Grandma...and that was an adventure...though still not as bad as driving in Los Angeles...although I was petrified that I'd take a wrong exit and end up on Manhatten and have to deal with the traffic there! Never considered a career as a trucker though...despite my aptitude for swearing! BTW, I'm glad you were spared the sleet. Hopefully Ceejay was spared as well.

Shad - Too funny that you're the student from ****. I guess doctors do make the worst patients and trainers the worst students! I'm trying to get to the gym at least 3 days a week...last week was only twice....but this week will be at least 3. And of course, I do frequently spend the downtime lying around...not this weekend though...gotta get some cleaning (basement and main level of the house) done. That's wonderful that you're within walking distance to work. I hope you enjoy your trip home. Gosh, Easter is coming up fast....that means springtime and fishing-time are gonna be here soon. DH and I might try and go hiking on Saturday as it's supposed to "warm up" to 48.

Mel - I hope you feel better very soon!

Annie - I'm definitely coming over for leftover roast! 8 days until spring? Maybe in Indy, but Mother Nature typically makes winter stick around here until late April/early May. We're getting some rivers cresting and farm fields that look more like lakes. Like you, I'm looking forward to getting outside and working in the yard/garden! Come on, Spring! Everyone here wants you to get here soon!

A big to everyone! Here's to a terrific Thursday for all of us!

Love and hugs,
Old 03-12-2009, 12:58 PM   #105  

Hello ladies,

Back to work today, took a vacation day yesterday to recoup. My allergies are still bothering me, but what can you do about it? The weather here is crazy. Yesterday was cold and raining, last week was in the 80's.

Annie - Be prepared for the humidity. It was so humid when i was in San Antonio, I thought i was going to have to shower again before i got out of the house. If only the timing was right, we could of possibly met in SA for a short period. Oh well maybe next time.

Ceejay - let me know when you come to Carrollton? I'll come pick you up and we'll go to lunch. Painter also lives in Plano.

Mitchellez - Send over some endorphines to me. I have not worked out this week and it's almost friday. I too like driving. I'd rather me behind the wheel then being a passenger.

Happy - Glad the sleet passed you by. I hope your headache goes away.

Mel - hope you feeling better.

Shad - Hope you don't get put in time out.
Closed Thread