Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc For support and questions about diet meal delivery programs, or weight loss clinics that offer prepackaged meals and products.

Closed Thread

Old 02-26-2011, 01:23 PM   #511  

S/C/G: 177/160/130 to 125

Height: 5 ft 4 1/2 in

Cool

Hi all,

Well I weighed the same ... Darn scale sometimes I don't even want to weigh because I know I get so depressed when I don't go down, let's just hope for a big loss next week

Jenn, thanks for posting that chart. That helps me with the snack portions and I was wondering about the bagels. I think I will try and stick with fruit and some sort of protein instead of the protein bars for snacks. I may also get the 17 day book since I can't eat this food forever. My husband keeps grilling me about how I am going to eat and how long I am going to buy this food. Jeez. I would like to get down to 150 and then try and lose the remainder eating on my own.

Going to run down and see my mom today, and try and time my lunch around that, sometimes on the weekends I get a little behind in schedule, probably will take one of the protein bars with me so I have something that I know I can eat.

Have a great weekend

Last edited by LBBUGS13; 02-26-2011 at 01:24 PM.
Old 02-26-2011, 02:37 PM   #512  

S/C/G: 178/173.5/135

Height: 5' 5''

Hi All - Well, I'm down 3 lbs. My first weigh in since starting a week ago. Hopefully I'll get into a grove with exercising this week. Honestly, while I'm happy about the 3lbs, I really really dread weighing myself. I will be so glad when I can get back to a place where that dread ends - its kind of a mental bummer. I totally know what you're talking about Lisa when that scale doesn't budge. I'm sending you some positive vibes though, stay encouraged!

Jen, thanks for the chart, also! I hope everyone has a great weekend!

Last edited by Pluto Is A Planet; 02-26-2011 at 02:43 PM.
Old 02-27-2011, 01:04 AM   #513  

S/C/G: 295/tkr/195

Height: 5'9"

No scale change for me this week... Ate okay on my own, but being vacation, I went out with friends and/or family 4 times this week... ! That's a lot of will-power! Frankly, I'm thrilled that I didn't gain. On the plus side, I logged a total of 10 miles walking/jogging this week. That's sort of a miracle for me! Enjoy the rest of your weekend, ladies!
Old 02-27-2011, 08:39 PM   #514  

Not a good day for food today, guess I was luckily and received food on the first two shipments that I liked, but had a few meals that I really did not care for today. I have added them to my do not send list. I was a little surprised that two of them were sent in the first place since from day one I specified
No spicy or curry meals. But I ate the most that I could of all three and tomorrows meals look like more of what I like. Back to work tomorrow, and since I was home a lot and yesterday I had lunch late, I think I did pretty good overall,

Lisa
Old 02-27-2011, 10:07 PM   #515  

Hi all,
Glad to find this forum!

I just received my first order yesterday, and started today. Had the omelet and canadian bacon for breakfast...I was quite pleased. I mean, five-star dining it aint, but I can live on this for awhile.

I've got about 20 lbs to lose. In the past two years, I've managed to shed 50 already, yet these last 20 are SO daunting! Thanks to a good exercise routine, I've been stable for the last six months despite pretty much ending all dieting, so I'm very hopeful BMD will give me the kick I need. I'm definitely encouraged by some of the results here.

Looking forward to keeping up with all of your progress. I have a feeling this time I'm gonna need a little support. I have plenty to give back!

Sarah
Old 02-28-2011, 11:07 AM   #516  

Hey all-dont get discouraged if your not losing the weight you want. We all hit plateus ya know. Just keep plugging away.

I really like the crepes for breakfast. What do you all think about the breakfasts in general?
Old 02-28-2011, 01:52 PM   #517  
Started IP 7/20/2012

S/C/G: 250.4/???/155

Height: 5'9"

I'm getting my first shipment this week. I've been doing Diet to Go for 9 weeks and I am sooo frustrated. I've lost a total of 12 pounds, but I lost 8 pounds the first week and a half and only 4 pounds these last 2 months. I've eaten only the Diet to Go food and haven't cheated and have worked out 2 to 3 times a week even though I HATE exercise. My husband, on the other hand, has been on Diet to Go the same amount of time, has not exercised at all and has lost 26 pounds so far. I know that men lose weight faster and I don't expect the same results as him, but it's just so discouraging. I've read of other people not losing very well on Diet to Go. I think I'm just eating too many calories (I'm on the 1600 low fat plan, which is what was recommended for me). I could switch to their 1200 plan, but I've decided to go with Bistro MD and see if I get better results. I did Bistro for a little while about 3 years ago so I know their food is good. When I did it, all their food came in boil-in-bags. I did get a little tired of boiling those bags for every meal so I'm glad they've changed to the black microwaveable trays.

Has anyone switched from Diet to Go to Bistro MD and got better weight loss results?
Old 02-28-2011, 10:16 PM   #518  

Hi all,
Welcome skibum and exactor. Had a good day today, got in 25 minutes on the treadmill before work this morning. Had the meatloaf today for lunch, and swapped out the quinoa for the same amount of brown rice, plus I broiled it before I left.

I am still tracking my calories and exercise on lose it app, I like that it uses calories in and calories out. Even received an email that I earned a badge for logging in all my food for two weeks straight.

I have enjoyed most of the breakfasts, I had the cinnamon pancakes for the first time today and I think those are my fav so far. I am averaging less than 1500 calories or less a day adding most days three snacks plus the three meals.

Exactor, that must be frustrating, I am married to a skinny one that has a really good metabolism, whereas mine pretty much sucks LOL, so I can so relate, hang in there.

Lisa

Last edited by LBBUGS13; 02-28-2011 at 10:21 PM.
Old 03-01-2011, 12:57 AM   #519  

S/C/G: 194/ see ticker /115

Height: 5'3

My meals didn't come at all for some reason this week. I wasn't prepared and I have definately gone over my daily calories. The next shipment is supposed to come this Thursday. Still, I was hoping to make my first mini goal. Not good at dieting solo without meal planning. Tomorrow I had better go grocery shopping. Was eating left over food from a restaurant and meal I had prepared my toddler. Kind of bummed out. I was doing okay until this weekend. My meals always come on Fridays, normally.

Last edited by kifli; 03-01-2011 at 02:36 PM. Reason: typo
Old 03-01-2011, 04:07 AM   #520  

Welcome Sarah (skibum) and exactor

I'm a former Diet-to-goer - i lost 10 lbs total in the 4.5 months I was on it. I thought my weight loss was slow because i was on the 1200 low fat which had- what seemed like- a lot of starchy carbs (muffins for breakfast, sandwiches and pastas). So i switched to the low carb thinking it would boost my weight loss and boy, did I run into a wall! Primarily because the variety (too much chicken) wasn't working for me, the fat content was super high (the first time I ate the porkchop breakfast, I thought I was going to have a heart attack ) plus I grew tired of green beans and brussel sprouts - so long story short, I think it works for some, but just wasn't the best choice for me

Hopped back on the exercise "horse" this morning - felt good to get it in gear and get moving. One day at a time. I've got a few business trips coming up so I hope BistroMD can keep up with the shipping changes - the first time worked out really well.

BMD breakfasts have been pretty good. I don't think I'm a big fan of Canadian bacon so I may make some changes there, but I agree with LB, I've enjoyed most of the breakfast meals.

I had the chicken pesto for lunch - similar experience to my arroz con pollo, not thrilled about that particular chicken dish. Anyone have a similar "iffy" experience or suggestions how to improve?

Have a great week all!
Old 03-01-2011, 06:27 PM   #521  

Thanks for the warm welcome all.

Thus far, I've found the breakfast's really good. Crepes w berry and the Spinach Crepes were both tasty. My Chicken Pesto for lunch today was a bomb. Not "the bomb." A bomb. Terrble. Blech. I threw it away. I cooked it from frozen 4 mins in the micro, and it was way overcooked. Lean Cuisine is gourmet next to it.

I'm hoping the lunches and dinners improve. Left to my own choices, I will blow it. Lunch today ended up being a handful of pita chips.

I haven't lost anything in the three days I've been on it, but I feel skinnier. Probably because my tummy has no food in it .

I also cancelled my snacks. I can find more healthful organic nut and veggie snacks for the same calories here at Whole Foods. I generally dislike diet food that tries to masquerade as real food, IE low-fat chips. I will keep the ones I got this week for occasional cravings.

Here's hoping dinner tonight is better than lunch!
Sarah
Old 03-01-2011, 07:03 PM   #522  

Sarah - Whole foods is one of my favorite stores, what snacks are you getting from there? I'm always on the look out for snack variety.

Good luck with dinner, if its the Pork tenderloin - I really enjoyed it. Sounds like there may be no saving grace for the Chicken Pesto.... may be changing my profile later this week

Enjoy your evening All!
Old 03-01-2011, 07:40 PM   #523  

Pluto, to the arzzo meal, I mixed it all up and then added 2 tbsp each of salsa and LF sour cream, and it wasn't too bad. I have been following Jen's advice and I add a few things that don't add too much calories, etc, like green onions, salsa, LF sour cream, laughing cow light cheese, I add that to that horrible spinach side, and the plain omelet and it makes it pretty tasty. I also track everything that I add into my lose it app.

So far out of 31 meals, there are only 6 that I have put on my do not send list.

I had the chicken with greek inspired lentils today for lunch at work, didn't think I was gonna like it, but again I added 2 tbsp salsa mixed it all up, and I was pleasantly surprised, it wasn't bad. Either that are I was totally starving

Since I don't get the snacks I am really starting to crave some crunchy snacks, I read in an earlier post that Kay's natural snacks are a good substitute. So I have found a few sites that sell them, just don't want to order 20 bags and then find out I don't like em

Last edited by LBBUGS13; 03-01-2011 at 08:02 PM. Reason: Oops I had the Philly chicken for lunch, Greek meals is for dinner
Old 03-01-2011, 08:55 PM   #524  

S/C/G: 194/ see ticker /115

Height: 5'3

Finally got my food today, but it was 4 days late. It was defrosted and all of the seals were broken. Had to throw it all away =(

Spoke with customer service this morning. They are always really nice women. Told me to call back if food was unedible. Apparently some delayed problems with shipping.

I saved some trays for portion control. I'm gonna count calories for awhile. For those of you who do this, do you usually prepare food in advance? Just curious.

Welcome Ski Bum and Exactor =)

Last edited by kifli; 03-01-2011 at 10:55 PM.
Old 03-01-2011, 09:31 PM   #525  

Jdth, I am getting the 7 day program, no snacks, I am paying $184 each week.

kifli, sorry to hear about your food, I hope they will send you a refund. I know I had a delay on my first shipment and was stressed the entire time. It took 9 days and almost all the ice was melted, but the food was at least semi frozen so I was able to use it. I did see on the fedex site that there are potential delays in Memphis due to weather when I was checking the progress of my shipment for this week.

When I was counting calories and making my own food, I did make larger meals in the weekend for the week when I was working to make it easier, I ate a lot of the same meals

OMG, hubby is eating fritos not three feet away from me, I could smell them as soon as he started crunching them ... I have got to find some crunchy type of snack for a substitute!!!!
Night
Lisa

Last edited by LBBUGS13; 03-01-2011 at 09:32 PM.
Closed Thread