~Rennie

S/C/G: HW/220~SW/191.2~GW 141

Height: 5'3

Cindi I gained 2.2
Old 05-05-2014, 08:16 PM   #62  

S/C/G: 165/133/125

Height: 5'5

Hi everyone!

I've been lurking around the thread the last month but I've still been reading and hoping everyone is doing well. I've been struggling the last month with staying on track especially since I was sick for two weeks but I've been better the last two week and I think I may finally have my diet working so I enjoy it and it feels sustainable. Exercise has been harder especially with a recent heat wave here but the weather's nice now so hoping to get back on my running and biking schedule. Right now I'm at 148 lb but I'm hoping that will go down soon, think I'm due for a whoosh. Nothing like it being May and almost summer to make me start wanting to get serious about losing these last 20 pounds or so. Here's my current schedule:

B: 2 eggs, 3 strips of bacon, cup of berries
L: Salad with lettuce, tomatoes, chicken, beans, handful of nuts, dressing
D: Chipotle salad with lettuce, black/pinto beans, pico, steak, guacamole, cheese (no dressing)

Rennie Thanks for keeping up the thread! Congrats on losing some weight since the beginning of the month Hope you start seeing those 50s soon!

Cindi Congrats on making it down to the 149! That's awesome as is fitting into new pants. Celebrating is always fun!

Shannon Hi! Glad someone noticed and you're getting closer

Trixlebing Congrats on being down! Hope you're achieving your goals

Good luck this week everyone!
Old 05-06-2014, 03:14 PM   #63  
~Rennie

Thanks Zucena Glad to see you back, sorry you weren't feeling well but glad to hear things are coming together for you I love your menu

I went to Carlie C's yesterday and they had fresh baked bread. a I know ... but it's so good ... up 2.8lbs from yesterday, weighing in at 164.0. I know it's water so I'm not worried. I am up 4.2lbs from my low still not worried. I have a better mindset for some reason this go around. ... With today included I have had four totally off plan days. My carbs have been really high. So once I get that under control I'll be fine. TOM showed up for one day and then gone. I am not understanding this stage of life with my body. But this happened last year in August so it is what it is maybe I'm about to go through menopause I plan to go to the gym this afternoon to help with the up and start tomorrow fresh with low carb low cal
Old 05-06-2014, 07:42 PM   #64  
~Rennie

made it to the gym burn 569, 4.11 miles ... scale looks good right now hope the morning brings a smile
Old 05-10-2014, 02:44 AM   #65  

S/C/G: 168/150

Height: 5'5"

I'm here, but still not losing the 2.5 pounds! Ugh!

On a good note, the sale is just waiting for the appraisal to come through. Loans have been approved and closing should be right after Memorial Day!

Have a great day on Saturday!
Old 05-11-2014, 11:19 PM   #66  
~Rennie

Happy Mother's Day to all of the MOMS

Cindi, that's great, what a blessing

I'm up two pounds to 161.4, tomorrow will be higher
Old 05-13-2014, 12:25 AM   #67  

Well, I was up again. 153 lbs! Yuck! At least we do not have any more celebrations until the closing!

Like you Rennie, I plan to do better. I am going to work out 3 times a week. Got to get these extra pounds off!

Night!
Old 05-13-2014, 06:05 PM   #68  
~Rennie

Cindi, I am doing horribly. I can't seem to get a grip on my eating and I am up to 168 today.
Old 05-14-2014, 11:12 AM   #69  

Please Rennie, stay encouraged! After a 2 week battle, I am once again at 150! Those were the hardest 3 pounds...

Back at the fitness center,,,going to Zumba now.

Hang in there. Life happens. Praising God He's with us on this "health" journey, too!

Have a great day EVERYONE!
Old 05-15-2014, 07:26 AM   #70  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Hello everyone. I have been reading this thread because I am eating low carb, but I heard about this slow carb somewhere else, and it was called something else. I tried it, with Easter being my first carb day and it was a disaster. It took me over a week to get back off carbs. I am diabetic and that just won't do!

I am not giving up on it completely. I went to the library and got the 4 Hour Body book. Whoever said it was huge wasn't lying! LOL The woman at the desk in the library said it could double as a weapon! I started looking through it last night but I didn't understand half of what they were talking about. Why is it called "4 Hour Body?"

I'm going to try reading it again today, while I'm more awake and my mind is fresh. Maybe it will make some sense.
Old 05-16-2014, 09:49 AM   #71  

I started reading the 4 Hour Body book yesterday and did a lot of skipping around with it, yesterday and this morning. I think this book is geared toward male body builders, mainly. I didn't like the fact that it recommends a lot of supplements. I stay away from them because of all the meds I'm on. In the book there was actually a footnote that said to consult your doctor if you have heart disease, diabetes, etc and are on certain meds, which is me. So that reinforced my belief that the supplements aren't safe for me.

The book that I heard about before was called Carb Nite Solutions and I think that was geared more toward using slow-carb just for weight loss, without all the body building information. When I tried it, I didn't actually read the book. I just ate carbs one day. For me, it started a binge reaction and it was days before I could get myself back to low carb. I thought maybe this book, 4 Hour Body would give some insight as to how to do this without creating a binge. I didn't see that. Maybe in a perfect world this would work, but not for someone for whom carbs are a trigger that lead to binging. Also, I am diabetic, and there would be issues eating all those carbs on the carb day.

There was a lot of references to glucose control, but he is not diabetic, so his body would react differently to carbs than they would in a diabetic. It did give some information about cinnamon, vinegar and lemon juice to control glucose, and I am going to look into that further. I have tried all of these things but not for a long duration and probably not at the right times. They specify doing this before meals. Maybe he was referencing these things as tools to help control blood sugar on the day you are eating high carbs.

I am not saying this book isn't good, just not for me, and probably not anyone who tends to have binge disorder and/or diabetes.

I have this book out until June 4, so I will probably do some more reading. I just wanted to give my opinion thus far.

Last edited by Wannabehealthy; 05-16-2014 at 09:55 AM.
Old 05-20-2014, 10:47 AM   #72  

wannabehealthy!

Sorry, we have been absent. We are usually busier at posting than this.

Yes this has lots of encouragement! Praying you will do will in your health journey with us.

Rennie, I'm down to 150 again!

Have a blessed day.
Old 05-20-2014, 11:20 AM   #73  
~Rennie

Carol Sue I did slow carb for a bit, of course I had to tweak it for me and it did work. I found that I couldn't do the cheat day ... the triggers were too too great. I did lose weight and then Jacqui the originator of the thread left and I just forgot about everything. I don't go against any plan, what works for some may not work for all but I believe most plans have to be tweaked so I don't cancel any of them out.

Cindi great job on getting back down to 150

I'm in the mid 160's trying to work my way back down

Last edited by love2b150; 05-20-2014 at 11:20 AM.
Old 05-23-2014, 08:14 AM   #74  

Rennie, the only reason I'm saying this plan is not for me is because I cannot do the carb day and get right back on low carb. I thought that was what this plan is about. I guess I didn't read enough into it to know that you could tweak the plan and not have the carb day.
Old 05-24-2014, 09:32 PM   #75  

I always have carbs, everyday, but usually at one meal more than the others. I have taken the pounds off slowly and for me, that is the best.

Remembering all the vets that have been in my life and praying for those still here with us. Thank you for your service!

Have a great evening!
Closed Thread