Closed Thread

Old 05-31-2014, 09:44 PM   #76  
~Rennie

S/C/G: HW/220~SW/191.2~GW 141

Height: 5'3

Carol Sue, LOL I tweak every plan. Like you I had to skip that cheat day because one day lead to three each time I tried it and we know where that gets me, smh

Cindi good to see you hope all is well. Are you still slow carbing? I'm not if you want some place to just check in to be accountable from time to time, I'll be here. I do a new thread each month.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-...ty-thread.html
Old 11-01-2014, 12:18 AM   #77  

S/C/G: 232

Height: 6 Feet

Hi there everyone,

I am brand new to the diet.....Just finishing up my 3rd week here and I've hit a bit of a plateau and reaching out for expert advice. I don't have the diet book but got the basics from my cousin who has lost about 30 pounds already. He gave me links to grocery lists etc. I have a goal of losing 50 pounds from my starting weight of 232. I am weighing myself every morning as soon as I get up after I empty my bladder. I have hit a bit of a plateau here at week 3 and wondering why.....I have not started exercising as I am nursing a healing foot injury but just about ready to. I don't cheat except on my cheat day where I have whatever I want until I'm full.....usually a few donuts, pizza, sodas, nothing super crazy or in excess. Just wondering why I have hit this point of not losing anymore and looking for tips. I tend to have 3-4 meals a day.....

Examples:

Breakfast- 2 cucumbers small sized, 2 Hebrew National Hot Dogs and water to drink.

Lunch- Ranges....I do chili a lot it contains ground beef, beans, onions, tomato, salsa (No Sugar) I spice it with salt, black pepper and chili powder during prep.

Always a protein (Chicken breast, Chili etc.) I take veggies like carrots or sliced up peppers, sometimes a side salad (Small no dressing or anything nasty) and then nuts for a snack later on in the work day (Cashews, Almonds, Pistachios all lightly salted) Water to drink as well.

Dinner-Steak, Chicken, (Chili Sometimes), Sausage (1-2), Side salad or side dish (Lentils or mixed stir fried veggies). Water to drink

Snack-Usually nuts or a sliced veggie

I've been told all of these foods are approved and I have had moderate success so far......I'm between 8-10 pounds lost so far but not continuing to lose. Here is my calculator so far (Attached): Any tips would be greatly appreciated

Thank You,

-Sam
Old 11-15-2014, 05:54 PM   #78  

S/C/G: 182/145/119 keto

Height: 5ft2in

Hi is anyone still around doing slow carb? i'm doing my own version which is 6 low carb days (No beans etc but a bit of cheese). I'm also watching calories by aiming for 1400 a day average, I undereat on low carb quite a lot so whatever calories I have left over from the 6 days I have on my cheat day. wanted to see how everyone else was doing?
Old 02-01-2015, 02:06 PM   #79  
~Rennie

S/C/G: HW/220~SW/191.2~GW 141

Height: 5'3

Sam and Sheena, I'm sorry I'm just reading this. The original post-er of this thread was the backbone.

I ate cheese when I was doing this I can't remember if I ate beans or not. The cheat day would mess me up quite a bit and I agree doing only low carb it's hard to keep your calories up and you're full when you eat lots of protein.
Old 05-03-2015, 03:52 PM   #80  

S/C/G: 188/185/164

Height: 5'8"

Bless your heart, Rennie! XO!

It's time for the "original poster" to get back to doing what is right! I am a carb addict and a yo-yo dieter for sure. When I fall off, I fall off hard, but that's how it is with addicts, now isn't it? So here I am, coming back again, and I'm coming back to the diet I truly believe in. I first started doing this diet trying to become thinner for my daughter's wedding, which took place a year ago. About a month before the wedding, I started stress eating, and it never stopped. I have no good excuse. This diet is too generous in allowing a cheat day each week for me to have any legitimate reason for giving up on it like I did. I just became lazy and careless. My hubby was eating carbs each day and I wanted to also. The problem is I can't do that. And now my body is paying the price. I thank the good Lord that I still don't have diabetes...yet...but I am certainly headed down that path. It's ridiculous how undisciplined I've been in the last year, having a full-on cheat day everyday, and so here I go, starting ALL over again, back up close to my highest weight ever, which was 222 lbs. But you know, the good news is I'm starting over again!

I apologize to my friends and followers on here for disappearing on you, and Rennie, I do hope you are still pursuing your healthy eating! You deserve the best!

Perhaps I'll be doing this diet alone again, but I'm doing it! And I welcome anyone who wants to join me! It feels good to be back!

I still have to stock up my kitchen with good foods, so I'll be going to the grocery soon!

Week 1:
5/3--220
5/4--
5/5--
5/6--
5/7--
5/8--
5/9--

Today's Meals:
Breakfast:
2 boiled eggs
Water with Mio
Diet Dr. Pepper

Lunch:
2 hamburger patties
Water with Mio

Snack:
Plain beef hotdog (no bun of course!)
Diet Dr. Pepper

Dinner: (Finally made it to the grocery!)
Large salad consisting of lettuce, carrots, radishes, yellow-red-orange bell peppers, broccoli, cauliflower, celery, cucumbers, boiled egg, shredded mild cheddar cheese, and turkey, with Ranch dressing
Water with Mio

Today's Exercise:
1.2-mile walk

Last edited by Jacqui_D; 05-04-2015 at 06:33 PM.
Old 05-04-2015, 10:52 AM   #81  

Woohoo! 2 lbs down! It's been a while. Of course, it's just water weight the first week, but still, I'll take it! So much better than watching the scale go up! And when you get to be my age (54 now), every lb down is a big thing, lol! I do love how this diet doesn't make me feel hungry. I was so dumb for getting away from it. Oh well, it is what it is! So onward and "down"ward!

Week 1:
5/3--220
5/4--218
5/5--
5/6--
5/7--
5/8--
5/9--

Today's Meals:
Breakfast:
2 fried chicken legs with the skin peeled off (for the most part)
Cottage cheese
Water with Mio
Diet Dr. Pepper

Lunch:
Chicken salad
Water with Mio

Snack:
Pecans (Too many, really. I'm remembering now that I use to overdo it on nuts. I'll have to watch that.)
Water with Mio

Dinner:
Flat iron steak
Baked beans
Salad with Ranch dressing
Water with Mio
Diet Dr. Pepper

Today's Exercise: 1.2-mile walk

Last edited by Jacqui_D; 05-04-2015 at 09:33 PM.
Old 05-05-2015, 09:46 PM   #82  

Down half a lb today! I was hoping to get a walk in tonight, but I helped a friend move furniture and was on my feet all day, so it just wasn't happening. Hopefully tomorrow!

Week 1:
5/3--220
5/4--218
5/5--217.5
5/6--
5/7--
5/8--
5/9--

Today's Meals:
Breakfast:
3-egg western omelet
Water

Lunch:
Chicken salad
Cottage cheese
Diet Dr. Pepper

Snack:
Diet Dr. Pepper

Dinner:
Large salad made with lots of veggies, egg, shredded cheese, turkey, pepperoni, and ham, with Ranch dressing
Water

Today's Exercise: Moved furniture all day
Old 05-06-2015, 06:55 PM   #83  

So TOM decided to pay a surprise visit. Thanks TOM. It's time for you to go away permanently now! That might explain the migraine headache I've had for the last few days. (Or it could have been caused from getting away from sugar. Goodness knows, I am certainly addicted!) TOM could also explain the half a lb back up I am today, but then maybe not. When you are dealing with water weight, it can go either way, up or down, day-to-day, so I've always preached it's nothing to get excited about if it goes up. (But you are allowed to do a happy dance if it goes down, haha!)

Week 1:
5/3--220
5/4--218
5/5--217.5
5/6--218
5/7--
5/8--
5/9--

Today's Meals:
Breakfast:
Turkey
Cottage cheese
Diet Dr. Pepper

Lunch:
Pork BBQ
Green beans
Water

Snack:
Pecans
Diet Dr. Pepper

Dinner:
Salmon
Steamed broccoli and cauliflower
Water with Mio

Today's Exercise: None today (I waited to long to go walking on the track at the walk park, which closes at dusk. Walking on regular sidewalks kills my joints. I could have done Leslie Sansone, but I don't think I'm ready for her again yet.)

Last edited by Jacqui_D; 05-07-2015 at 11:52 AM.
Old 05-07-2015, 01:35 PM   #84  

Yay, 2 lbs down today! Sooo, it's only been four days since I've been back on this diet, but so far I believe I'm on par with last time I did it. I started last time on July 19th, 2013, and looking at my past posts, I see I had lost a quick 9 lbs in 12 days. Then it slowed down and by August 19th (one month later), I had lost 12 lbs. By September 19th (2 months later), I had lost 20 lbs. By January 19th, 2014 (6 months later), I had lost 40 lbs. Not too shabby! I'd be thrilled to lose 40 lbs in 6 months again! However, I remember reading some posts of people saying that when they did a low carb diet and went off it and then tried to do it again, it didn't work as well for them. They then decided to do a combination of low carb and calorie-counting. I am hoping I don't have to resort to that because I hate having to keep track of how much I eat! I mean I could use the myfitnesspal app, but I'd still rather not. I do have to consider that I am 2 years older than when I started the slow carb diet before. My middle-aged body seems to have a mind of its own these days, even more than before! All in all, it will be interesting to see how it all goes! One thing I absolutely have to not do is leave 3FC! Every time I do, I get back into trouble! And I knew that and still drifted away when things got hectic with my daughter's wedding and stress-eating. I cannot leave. I cannot leave. I cannot leave! The first time I came to 3FC (yes, I'm an old-timer), I started out at 215 lbs, was calorie-counting as my method of dieting, and got down to 179 lbs. I fell off the wagon and left 3FC, and finally came back 4 years later, back up at 211 lbs. It took me four years because I SO dreaded the idea of counting calories again. I flat-out didn't want to do it! Then I read about the Slow Carb Diet and came back to 3FC, loaded with this wonderful new diet. I told myself then that I could not leave again. But I see from some of my first posts at that time that I was concerned I would only last until my daughter's wedding. I was worried about the wedding being my main motivation. I got down to 168 lbs and within a month or so of her wedding, foolishly, I slipped away from 3FC again. Now a year later, I am starting at 220 lbs! So let me stress this once more: I CANNOT LEAVE AGAIN!!! Heck, I can't afford it! This time, it's all about my health. I'm getting older, and I can't afford to keep gaining weight. I've set a goal of 145 lbs so that I can maintain between 145 and 155, but really, I just want to weigh 163, which is at the highest end of "normal" weight for my height. I was 5 lbs away last time! Dumb, dumb, dumb! So I really hope the Slow Carb Diet will work for me again after this initial water weight loss. Either way, I cannot leave!

Week 1:
5/3--220
5/4--218
5/5--217.5
5/6--218
5/7--216
5/8--
5/9--

Today's Meals:
Breakfast:
Turkey
Cottage cheese
Diet Dr. Pepper

Lunch:
Large salad with lots of veggies, egg, shredded cheese, and turkey with ranch dressing
Mio water

Snack:
Diet Dr, Pepper

Dinner:
2 grilled pork chops
Roasted zucchini topped with a bit of shredded cheese
Mio Water

Late Night Snack:
Salted nuts (I'm going to have to make sure if I'm going to eat nuts that I have unsalted ones on hand!)

Today's Exercise:
1.2-mile walk

Last edited by Jacqui_D; 05-08-2015 at 11:50 AM.
Old 05-08-2015, 12:17 PM   #85  

Still at 216 today, which is good news considering I ate salted nuts late at night and didn't drink enough water yesterday. As I always say, you have to drink water to lose water! (And laying off the salt helps too, lol!) I have to make sure I get plenty of water today. It's very hot out and I'll be working on a furniture refinishing project on the back porch.

So I want to try something new: When I'm eating, I want to take a bite, put down the food or silverware in my hand every single time after a bite, pay attention to what I'm chewing, and then take a drink before picking up my food or silverware to take another bite. I did that in just eating boiled eggs this morning, and I am stuffed, lol! It's all that water between bites! I'm thinking if I had done this a long time ago, I wouldn't be obese. So we'll see how this goes. The biggest thing right now is I have to remember to do it, lol!

Tomorrow is my scheduled cheat day, woohoo! Actually, I thought I'd be looking much more forward to it than I am. I guess I don't feel deprived enough yet, lol! My son, daughter-in-law, and precious grandson (age 2) are coming over, so it's just good to know I can eat whatever I want if we go out to eat.

To anyone reading this, have a wonderful day!

Week 1:
5/3--220
5/4--218
5/5--217.5
5/6--218
5/7--216
5/8--216
5/9--

Today's Meals:
Breakfast:
2 boiled eggs
Mio water

Lunch:
A leftover pork chop
Leftover zucchini
Mio Water

Snack:

Dinner:
BBQ Wings
Salad with ranch dressing
Water

Today's Exercise:
None

Last edited by Jacqui_D; 05-08-2015 at 10:46 PM.
Old 05-09-2015, 06:53 PM   #86  

So today is cheat day! I fully expect to weigh 2-3 lbs more tomorrow, which is how this slow carb diet works. Actually 2-7 lbs is pretty normal. I typically gain 2-3 lbs, or at least I used to. We'll see how it goes this time around. My son, daughter-in-law and grandson took the hubby and me out for lunch for an early Mother's Day celebration. We went to Bob Evans, and I had potato-crusted flounder. Yum! And I got the best Mother's day present EVER! I found out I am going to have a second grandchild! AND a third! They are having twins! I am just so HAPPY!

Week 1:
5/3--220
5/4--218
5/5--217.5
5/6--218 TOM
5/7--216
5/8--216
5/9--216 Cheat Day

Today's Meals:
Breakfast:
Mini-cupcake
Mio water

Lunch:
Potato crusted flounder
Broccoli
Baked potato with butter
Roll with butter
Sweet tea
Water

Snack:
Med Swirl soft-serve ice cream cone
Mio water

Dinner:
Pepperoni and banana pepper pizza
Mini cupcake
Mio water

Today's Exercise:
None, waited too long for the walk park again! My hubby and I are planning to join the YMCA in June. Can't wait!

Last edited by Jacqui_D; 05-09-2015 at 08:48 PM.
Old 05-10-2015, 11:41 AM   #87  

Oh wow! I wasn't expecting a drop today! That has happened only once before that I remember. Apparently, water weight is still playing a big part in my initial weight loss here, so I may go back up tomorrow. I hope not, but if I do, it is what it is!

I found some quotes that used to help motivate me. I feel #6 is quite poignant for me personally. If I had room in my signature, I would include it. If anyone connects with any of the messages, feel free to steal them! Do anything you can to stay on track with whatever diet you are using!

1. "You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there." -- Unknown Author

2. "The man who can drive himself further once the effort gets painful is the man who will win." -- Roger Bannister

3. "The secret to change is to focus all of your energy not on fighting the old but on building the new." -- Socrates

4. "Be the [hero/]heroine of your life, not the victim." -- Nora Ephron

5. "If you're tired of starting over, stop quitting." -- Unknown Author

6. "A year from now, what will I wish I had done today?" -- Unknown Author

7. "There are only two choices: Make progress or make excuses." -- Unknown Author

8. "Accept what you can't change. Change what you can't accept." -- Unknown Author

9. "What you eat in private, you wear in public." -- Unknown Author

Oh hey, I just realized 215 is 5 lbs down so I get to add my first so yay! I'm going ahead and adding her, even though I may go back up, because it motivates me to keep going! Besides, I could go up anytime because of water, so I can't let that stop me from recognizing I'm making progress!

Oh, before I forget, I have to mention, putting down food between bites is hard to remember! I always remember after a few bites, lol! But it is slowing me down, so that's good!

For any mothers out there reading this today, Happy Mother's Day!

Week 1:
5/3--220
5/4--218
5/5--217.5
5/6--218 TOM
5/7--216
5/8--216
5/9--216 Cheat Day
Week 2:
5/10--215
5/11
5/12
5/13
5/14
5/15
5/16

Today's Meals:
Breakfast:
2 boiled eggs
Mio water

Lunch:
Hamburger patty
Baked beans
Small salad with lots of veggies, egg, and shredded cheese with ranch dressing
Mio water

Snack:

Dinner:
Fish sticks
Green beans
Mio water

Today's Exercise:
1.2-mile walk

Last edited by Jacqui_D; 05-10-2015 at 09:19 PM.
Old 05-10-2015, 03:18 PM   #88  

I want to remind anyone who might be interested in the Slow Carb Diet (or their own modified version of it), feel free to join me! It may look like I'm just writing a journal, but not really. I'll keep writing no matter what, so don't join because you feel sorry for me, lol! I'm perfectly fine! Just if you want to join because you'd like to try the diet or are already doing it, please jump in! I'll be checking in and writing every day--I'm chatty that way--so you'll have someone to talk things over with, someone to be accountable not "to" but "with," and someone to support you! This is an open invitation!

So I talked my hubby into putting his food down, paying attention to chewing, and taking a drink of water between bites at lunch today, and he said I take all the fun out of eating, lol! He admitted he did feel really full though. He grilled hamburgers for lunch and asked why I took only one patty, especially since I wasn't eating it on a bun, I told him I might be full after eating only one because of how I was stopping and drinking between bites. I don't know if he'll stick with this method, but I do know I didn't eat a second patty because I was stuffed!

Last edited by Jacqui_D; 05-10-2015 at 06:12 PM.
Old 05-11-2015, 08:17 AM   #89  
Intuituve Eater

S/C/G: 378/378/320

Height: 5'7

So I read the first post and its pretty much the diet I've created for myself out of trial an error(before I knew the post existed). So going to join in. So i had a cheat day yesterday, my family had a mothers day brunch. so worked out this morning and about to make eggs and sausage for breakfast.
Old 05-11-2015, 01:01 PM   #90  

Obie! Happy to have you join! Great job getting that morning workout in! I need to be more disciplined when it comes to exercise. How long have you been following this style of diet?

So I lucked out again today and only went up by a half lb. I think I'm still waiting for Saturday's cheat day to catch up with me! If I get away with this little of a water weight gain, I'll be thrilled!

Week 1:
5/3--220
5/4--218
5/5--217.5
5/6--218 TOM
5/7--216
5/8--216
5/9--216 Cheat Day
Week 2:
5/10--215
5/11--215.5
5/12
5/13
5/14
5/15
5/16

Today's Meals:
Breakfast:
2 boiled eggs
Mio water

Lunch:
Hamburger patty
Green beans
Mio water

Snack:
Mixed nuts

Dinner:
Beef snack bites
Steamed broccoli

Today's Exercise:
1.2-mile walk

Last edited by Jacqui_D; 05-11-2015 at 08:46 PM.
Closed Thread