Old 08-04-2011, 07:50 AM   #136  
Chick Losing

S/C/G: S/C/G 219.6/199.2/172

Height: 5.5"

Good Morning! Its a great BFC Morning!! I am down another pound!!
BCL216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 09:12 AM   #137  

S/C/G: 221/204/135

Yay for you!!!

Ok-Uncle Sams cereal-where do you find it? I have stayed away from the cereal cause the thought of eating it with almond milk just doesnt sound very good. But I will trust you on this one.

Not weighing this week, but sticking to plan so should be ok!
Eineys Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 10:01 AM   #138  
Happy to be here!

S/C/G: 256/246/190

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eineys Mom View Post
Ok-Uncle Sams cereal-where do you find it? I have stayed away from the cereal cause the thought of eating it with almond milk just doesnt sound very good. But I will trust you on this one.
I bought mine at a local natural food store, but afterward, I'm almost positive I saw it at TJ's. It is also available online at Amazon and attunefoods. I'm having some more this morning.
fitchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 12:32 AM   #139  

S/C/G: 255/234.5/170

Height: 5' 10"

My kids turned up their nose at the almond milk, but then we ran out of regular and my daughter poured some on her cereal. She thought it was quite good. I am a little surprised how good I feel not drinking milk every day. I'm used to a big latte, and since I switched to coffee with a little cream, my stomach has stopped hurting. Is it possible to become lactose intolerant in middle age? Heh, I'm joking, I know it is. Losing weight and feeling better too? I think I can stick with this!
Finally moving is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 08:42 AM   #140  
Chick Losing

Good morning Finally moving,
You will feel even better as you go on with your BFC journey. Keep trying new things from the BFC plan and it will become second nature to you. You are doing great.
Old 08-05-2011, 10:33 AM   #141  

S/C/G: 176/175/140

Height: 5'8

Today I am bummed out - I lost 6 pounds the first week and actually gained almost a pound this week and I have done nothing different. We are strictly following his meal plan on page 25. I have also not ridden my road bike for the past two weeks so I cannot figure out why there is no lost weight. I talked to my husband about inches versus pounds but he says he feels the same way (like he hasn't lost anything this week either). I sure hope next week goes better!
Joislpd264 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 12:17 PM   #142  
Happy to be here!

For deeeeee-lish sugar-free jerky, try cattaneobros.com

I ate it like crazy when I was on Atkins. It has no artificial colors or flavors, no sugar, and no MSG. It is a bit pricey, but IMO well worth it. You can subscribe to email notifications for special promotions. I try to wait until shipping is free, but I want some now, so going to order anyway.

Stay strong, choose well!
Old 08-05-2011, 12:36 PM   #143  
Happy to be here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joislpd264 View Post
Today I am bummed out - I lost 6 pounds the first week and actually gained almost a pound this week and I have done nothing different.
You will definitely see weight fluctuations on this type of food plan. Personally, I am only going to weigh when I change clothes sizes. Don't be discouraged. Try to remember that you're not only trying to lose weight, but to develop a healthy eating plan that you can follow indefinitely. The weight will come off... persevere!
Old 08-05-2011, 02:00 PM   #144  
Chick Losing

The goal shouldn't be just to lose scale(fat) weight but to lose inches and increase metabolism. It's the fat weight that causes so many health problems.
Old 08-06-2011, 07:52 AM   #145  

lucia12141 I find that the Unsweetened Vanilla Almond milk in the refrigerator case tastes mush better than the shelf stable cartons. We went to Lancaster and fell off the wagon with shofly pie. Today I am back on target, I have not noted any gain just felt bloated.
spcdcider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 07:55 AM   #146  

I saw Uncle Sams at Walmart, I think I am sticking with plain Cheerio's. I tried Uncle Sams before and do not remember liking it. Maybe I will try it again.
Old 08-06-2011, 07:58 AM   #147  

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCL216 View Post
Hello Ladies and Newbies! Its nice to see new BFC lovers. I am back on track and have started a BFC Labor Day Challenge Monday. I am down 1.2lbs. already. Last month was no so good because of medical problems, but I am back and rocking it. Hubbie and I plan a trip to the beach
Labor Day Weekend and I am shooting for a 10lb. loss befor than. If I can keep this up, I might even see a 15lb. loss. Good Luck ladies and have a great BFC week!
Is this your own private challenge?
Old 08-06-2011, 09:14 AM   #148  
Chick Losing

Good Morning All,
Yes, The BFC Labor Day Challenge was started as a new thread for anyone needing a little extra incentive to stay on track and give accountability. I had request to post it in a more general location instead of 50+. Everyone is welcome, the more the merrier.
Old 08-06-2011, 03:10 PM   #149  

S/C/G: 221.2/207.7/130

Height: 5' 3.73"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joislpd264 View Post
Today I am bummed out - I lost 6 pounds the first week and actually gained almost a pound this week and I have done nothing different. We are strictly following his meal plan on page 25.
Perhaps switching out your foods more might keep your body from getting too used to anything? Like have chicken one time, fish another, etc. Also, some folks benefit from eliminating wheat, so have a spelt or rice tortilla (available at Trader Joe's) instead of wheat pita, and oatmeal for breakfast, or spelt or another gluten-free bread instead of wheat toast?
Kalisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 03:47 PM   #150  

S/C/G: 221.2/207.7/130

Height: 5' 3.73"

Default Bloat to Whoosh: my menu

Hello folks! I'm back on track. I was 9 lbs down, from 213 to 204. But then I started messing up, especially nibbling on too much chocolate, and yesterday was bloated back up to 211.
So I did a modified 6-Week Body Makeover menu yesterday, and dropped 3.5 lbs overnight!
This is what I ate:

Breakfast: 2 fried eggs, 1/4 C dry "old fashioned" oats cooked with 1/2 cup coconut milk, (add a little water, too) w/ 18 grams frozen blueberries, and 1t. xylitol. 2 cups coffee with cream & 2 t. xylitol, per cup. -Almond or rice milk could replace the coconut milk.

Snack: 1 spelt tortilla (20 carbs) and 1 oz grated cheese (grilled in toaster oven.)

Lunch: 2 oz. chicken, 1 cup (canned) green beans, 1 oz. yam chips.

Snack: 2 oz. chicken, 1 cup (canned) green beans, 1/2 C. brown rice.

Dinner: 2 oz. chicken, 1 cup (canned) green beans, 1/2 C. brown rice.

NO chocolate! No sugar! I was super hungry in the eve, even though I had eaten! So I ignored it. I peed a lot, and dropped the weight!

2-3 hours between meals & snacks. All the foods are from Trader Joe's, except for the xylitol, which is called "Xyla" (Emerald Forest brand -made from N. American hardwood, not corn.) from Whole Foods.

I'm going to keep going along these lines, and see how it goes.
(5 more posts - to 25- and I get my ticker. Ah, the small rewards in life...)
Kalisa is offline   Reply With Quote