Old 07-30-2011, 05:09 AM   #121  

S/C/G: 270/251.4/165

Height: 5'10

BCL 216
If u click ur user cp there is a msg there about the 20 day ticker wait. ★Also in the Frequently asked questions thread.★

Last edited by A Nu Me; 07-30-2011 at 05:11 AM.
A Nu Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 06:28 AM   #122  
NEWB!

S/C/G: 215.8/202.8/174 (Army Weight)

Height: 5'10"

Okay so I have only been paying attention to my weight daily since I started this whole weight lose thing 10 days ago. I was wondering, is it normal to bloat 2.8 pounds RIGHT b4 starting TOM? I hate this cause apparently I lost 5.8 in the first week but as TOM approaches I'm bloating. and I've been staying on track and working hard. this is kind of discouraging.
SarRawrNaomi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 08:13 AM   #123  

S/C/G: 221/204/135

About weighing daily...

It was just too discouraging for me to weigh daily. It was difficult at first...but I just told myself I WILL NOT do it (weigh everyday. I first went one week, now I have worked up to two weeks.

Good luck...let the way your clothes fit be your motivation!!!
Eineys Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 03:57 PM   #124  

S/C/G: 255/216/140

well did my weight in today and lost 10 lb . yay for me so on to my second month . up word and on word . LOL
lucia12141 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 01:02 AM   #125  
Happy to be here!

S/C/G: 256/246/190

Height: 5'11"

Hi, everyone! I started this eating plan 9 days ago, and I'm in love with it. Having done Atkins twice, this is a breeze, and I feel sure I can follow it as a lifestyle. I am absolutely not going to weigh myself until I change clothes sizes, though. As with Atkins, I'm sure I would be too disappointed with the fluctuations.

One thing I'm wondering about for those of you who are not losing, are you sure you're getting your 25-30 grams of fiber with your carbs? Whatever bread/pasta you eat should be whole grain to the extent possible.

SarRawrNaomi: The bloat is all water weight and will go away. Ignore it and don't weigh when you're feeling like that.

I would just like to share a tip for overcoming cravings that I used when I quit smoking. When I feel an overwhelming urge, I tell myself that if I still want it this badly in 2 hours, I can have it. Generally, by the time 2 hours has passed, I'm on to obsessing about something else. If not, I tell myself that if I've waited this long, I can wait another 2 hours. Two years later, I still have the 1 cigarette hidden in case of 'emergency' LOL. Eating well, within the plan, is a choice we will have to make over and over again.

Looking forward to knowing you all!
fitchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 08:38 AM   #126  

S/C/G: 238/222/150

Height: 5'7

Hi, I am new here but not entirely new to the Belly Fat Cure. Did it 2 years ago and lost about 15 lb which I gained back. Started WW in January and lost 20 + but have gained and lost the same 5 over the past 4 months. My husband has had great success with BFC so I am revisiting it and going to give it my all (I was always looking for ways to cheat without cheating LOL)
Been back at it only 2 days and actually feel pretty good, no headache etc but down nothing. I also live on the scale which drives hubby nuts. I have 3 little girls and would like to get healthy not only for me but for them also..
Is there anyone on here from Atlantic Canada? I have trouble finding good products here on the Island. I do use Stevia and like it but can't seem to find much else... I have ordered some products online and have been disappointed with them. any info would be greatly appreciated...
msmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 08:52 AM   #127  
Happy to be here!

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by msmojo View Post
Hi, I am new here but not entirely new to the Belly Fat Cure. Did it 2 years ago and lost about 15 lb which I gained back. Started WW in January and lost 20 + but have gained and lost the same 5 over the past 4 months. My husband has had great success with BFC so I am revisiting it and going to give it my all (I was always looking for ways to cheat without cheating LOL)
Been back at it only 2 days and actually feel pretty good, no headache etc but down nothing. I also live on the scale which drives hubby nuts. I have 3 little girls and would like to get healthy not only for me but for them also..
Is there anyone on here from Atlantic Canada? I have trouble finding good products here on the Island. I do use Stevia and like it but can't seem to find much else... I have ordered some products online and have been disappointed with them. any info would be greatly appreciated...
Check this website for some awesome bread: julianbakery.com
Their Smart Carb #1 bread has 13g carbs, 12g fiber, and 0g sugar. It's pricey, but tastes quite good when toasted with a little butter and eggs/cheese/meat. It's been a lifesaver for me in the a.m., since I normally don't eat breakfast.
Old 08-02-2011, 09:10 AM   #128  

S/C/G: 221/204/135

Welcome all Newbies and good luck. I totally love this plan and am seeing results with the scale but more with my clothes. I was wearing (a tight) size 18 when I started and am now comfortably in a 14!

Lucia12141- great results!!! Is this a month or a week figure? Either way its great!!!

I only weigh once every two weeks.
Eineys Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 09:20 AM   #129  

S/C/G: 238/222/150

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitchy View Post
Check this website for some awesome bread: julianbakery.com
Their Smart Carb #1 bread has 13g carbs, 12g fiber, and 0g sugar. It's pricey, but tastes quite good when toasted with a little butter and eggs/cheese/meat. It's been a lifesaver for me in the a.m., since I normally don't eat breakfast.
Thanks! I will check it out!
msmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 09:48 AM   #130  
Chick Losing

S/C/G: S/C/G 219.6/199.2/172

Height: 5.5"

Talking Working on A BFC Labor Day Challenge

Hello Ladies and Newbies! Its nice to see new BFC lovers. I am back on track and have started a BFC Labor Day Challenge Monday. I am down 1.2lbs. already. Last month was no so good because of medical problems, but I am back and rocking it. Hubbie and I plan a trip to the beach
Labor Day Weekend and I am shooting for a 10lb. loss befor than. If I can keep this up, I might even see a 15lb. loss. Good Luck ladies and have a great BFC week!
BCL216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 11:27 AM   #131  

S/C/G: 255/216/140

Eineys Mom: it's 10lb in a month . I have most of my fat on my belly
lucia12141 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 03:25 AM   #132  

S/C/G: 221.2/207.7/130

Height: 5' 3.73"

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Nu Me View Post
Kalisa

I too am obsessed with daily weigh ins. I cant function if i dont step on the scale. Does it get to you if u gain or does it keep u on track?
Hi A Nu Me,

Please forgive me for not responding sooner. I having been on the Forum for awhile, I just finally checked in again this eve.
Yes, it gets to me when I gain, (especially lately, as I've been OFF program, have gained some back, and MUST get back onto it!) but it's such a habit I just do it. This diet shows up more in inches lost than pounds, for many, but the pounds will eventually follow. I think how often we weigh in doesn't matter, as long as we keep doing the program. My weakness is chocolate, and I've been stressed lately, mostly financially, really trying to get a better job instead of the buncha little jobs I have, so I haven't been disciplined about my eating. Nor have I been exercising.
Also, it isn't necessary to buy a lot of new foods to do this, just start by cutting out the sugar. Personally I don't like Stevia, so I use Xylitol in my coffee, and drink bubbly water when I crave juice or something like soda. I. too, in the first days of this program, had a sugar withdrawal headache, I think this is common, also fatigue the first few days.

IMPORTANT: Measure yourself at the beginning of the diet. That way you can reassure yourself you are losing, even when the scale doesn't show it.
Kalisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 09:08 AM   #133  
Happy to be here!

I tried the Uncle Sam cereal this a.m. with a little unsweetened vanilla almond milk and a teaspoon of Xylitol. YUMMO! I'm not a breakfast eater, but this is very good. 3/4 cup is almost too much.

I have to say, I've sure had tons of extra energy since starting this plan. I'm losing my belly and can't say I'm missing it much!

Stay strong and choose well!
Old 08-03-2011, 09:35 AM   #134  
Chick Losing

S/C/G: S/C/G 219.6/199.2/172

Height: 5.5"

Good BFC Morning,

Quick Tip:[B]Relieve your stress![B]Because stress raises glucose levels regardless of how good your diet, it triggers unconscious eating. I know that with the economy being what it is, The stress is huge for everyone. Its important to find away to help releave stress, i.e walking, exercising, etc. I myself am an emotional eater and it is a type of addiction.
BCL216 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 12:56 AM   #135  
Happy to be here!

I want my ticker.