Old 05-10-2011, 12:46 PM   #286  
I got this

S/C/G: 206/162/135

Height: a little over 5'2

Momacelli- I use pen and paper to keep track of my points.

Welcome, newcomers!

I'm up today- 197.4lbs. I knew there would be a gain since I only exercised once last Monday, drank a lot of beer and ate a lot. We had a belated Easter get-together over the weekend. I'm back on track today and next week's weigh-in will be better!
amandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 09:40 PM   #287  

S/C/G: 181/*ticker*/130

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momacelli View Post
Question Ladies: How are you keeping track of your points? Are you writing them down? Are you using iwatcher? Are you subtracting your exercise points? How are you calculating recipes?...I have a confession... I really miss the online tracker (e-tools) but it is useless now because of points plus. Thought I'd try MyNetDiary which is a fabulous tool, quick and easy to use. MND does calorie counting, based on a formula they have for your age height weight,etc.. I have actually gained weight doing this. I want to do Momentum again, but having hard time tracking. Iwatchr is good, but cumbersome. Any suggestions would be really appreciated. I still have e-tool account active till end of this month, and when I went back to look at my prior weigh -ins I saw the loss in weight I was having and it has re-motivated me! Help me girls!
I still have my old Momentum books and slider. There are a lot of websites that still have the old points for many foods listed (just use google). However, I mostly use the iWatchr app on my iPhone to track/calculate points and track my weight.
coffeebean267 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 12:33 PM   #288  

Today is my first day back on the momentum plan! I became a lifetime member in July 2010, and then lost another 5lbs after. When the points plus program launched, I like everyone else was excited. However I started gaining a little, but I completely blamed it on the holidays, but come February I was up almost 10lbs from where I was, and 6 lbs above my goal (still blaming the holidays, and stress from being a senior in college). So at the beginning of March I started tracking very faithfully, and working out the same way I was when I lost my original weight on the momentum plan, so I knew something had to work.

It didn't It took me until last night to realize that it can't be me, because I'm doing everything the same, stress in gone, holidays are gone, and I'm NOT losing. I was to my breaking points, getting ready to start slim fast since it beat out weight watchers in the diet reviews this year (which I think is because of the new program), and I was thinking I've been on weight watchers for 4 years, losing a total of 60lbs I can't just give up, and I've NEVER believed in meal replacement programs, so I literally googled the phrase, "I hate points plus program". I cannot even believe what I found, I feel so much better knowing I am NOT alone.

I was so discouraged, I haven't even attended meetings, or weighed in for two full months. (Luckily my leader informed me that as a lifetime member I really only have to weigh in twice at goal in the year, so I would not be kicked out) I really truly believe that in the points plus program we are eating TOO MUCH. Not to mention, it isn't really individualized, because a lifetime member, and a regular member are given the same 29 points, and when I changed my "plan" from maintain to lose, my points were STILL 29, does NOT make sense to me at all. Another discouraging thing is that my mom joined the program after the launch of points plus and has been SO successful, so why was I gaining? I believe that this is not meant for people who were on the old program, or people trying to maintain. But of course this is just my opinion.

A lot of the foods I am eating are the same points as before, a few may have gone up by 1, but I'm allowed 11 extra points.. It just doesn't add up at all. I have ordered the complete food guide (because of course I threw out all my old material ) Luckily I have the food scale from the old program as well, which should be a lifesaver! I will REALLY be missing the Weight Watcher App, as I depended on it ALL the time, however I have noticed people have recommended new apps, I'll check them out.

I am really hoping for the best here I am so glad to that you all have had luck switching back!! I hope I can have the same.. I know this is a long post, I really needed to vent, lol!
triciacairns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 12:10 PM   #289  

S/C/G: 198.2/183.8/148

Height: 5 feet

For me, switching back to Momentum was the best decision I have made. Since I gave up on Points Plus I have lost 8 pounds in about 32 days, while on Points plus my weight loss stalled for 3 1/2 months. Just passed my 31 pounds mark!
I have a lot of older WW cookbooks and I have been going back to them for recipes. They are a great resource for those of you looking for old program info.
madamwu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 03:45 PM   #290  
focused and aiming

I'm back on the old "CORE" program. The new "Simply Filling" didn't work for me.
ontarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 09:18 PM   #291  

S/C/G: 256/155/140

Height: 5'5

Hi Everyone!

I'm back! I switched to P+ a couple weeks ago and it helped me lose a few more pounds but I need Momentum to help me get to goal. For the past two weekends I've been binge eating and I find myself slipping back into my old habits. I am so close to goal, I really need to lose these last few pounds!
KimberlyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2011, 09:45 AM   #292  

S/C/G: 214.6/198.8/150

Height: 5' 4.5"

just weighed in today (at home) and down a pound...197.8 YES momentum works for me.. I need the structure.. and love that I can trade out having a Guinness for a cookie.
dakiniverona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2011, 11:58 AM   #293  

S/C/G: 263/238/213

Height: 5'5"

Smile I want in!

Hi everyone!! I so want in on this group. I've been on WW since 08/2010 and started with the Momentum Program. I lost 30lbs on that program. Then came the switch to P+ and I've gained 5lbs since January and haven't been able to lose them. I know it's not all Points+'s "fault" but I really feel it's not helping either. I was losing more than gaining on Momentum and when I did gain, it wasn't 2+lbs! I'm exercising more now than before Points+ (I'm no longer feel I "can't" do Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred..yay for me); my food choices have changed and I've made some great supports via the meetings but I feel the new point plan isn't right for me (I gave it five months and have gained and lost the same five pounds). I'm switching back to Momentum plan starting tomorrow (today is my last WI on P+). I'm so glad my sis told me about this thread (she's struggling with P+ as well and we're switching back to Momentum together) because it validates what I've been going through and feeling.

Last edited by cafebeanz; 05-25-2011 at 12:04 PM. Reason: spelling errors
cafebeanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 12:04 PM   #294  
WW Momentum User

S/C/G: 221/169/150

Height: 5'6"

I took a "break" for about a month while I traveled and looked for a job. At WI last week, I was only up .6 lbs! I consider this an achievement after so many dinner's out and slip ups. The good news is, I have found a job and now can turn my attention back to work and weight loss! I see that we've dropped off on this thread. I hope it springs back to life as I'm ready to hop on the wagon again.

I have but 20 lbs to goal! So excited!
Daktari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 06:11 PM   #295  
Losing It In Colorado

S/C/G: 217/217/150

Height: 5' 9"

Hey all! I am getting back on track today with Momentum! Like most everyone else, I was so excited to start PP and was very disappointed and frustrated in my results and gave up trying to lose weight all together.

Well, I am back and ready to get started again! I am doing Momentum because that is what works for me! I am looking forward to being an active member here and finally reaching my goal!
LosinitinCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 10:37 AM   #296  

S/C/G: 209.5/209.1/209.8/210.8/170

Height: 5'9"

Good for you, Daktari and I agree with you, don't want to see this thread drop off. Also want to welcome newcomers. Your joining the thread confirms that a lot of folks don't like the new plan and that we are not alone! I haven't posted as I have been traveling and eating as well, so no significant weight loss to post as yet, but I know most of you have been very successful doing this on your own. Keep it going ladies!
Momacelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 01:40 PM   #297  

Hi All,

Glad to find this forum. I had a mini-breakdown this morning and have accepted that PP is just not working for me. I rejoined WW last Sept. after losing 20 lbs on the program a few years ago. I fell off the wagon due to personal issues and subsequently regained the weight plus an extra 15 lbs. Yikes. Anyway, I lost 10 lbs under Momentum, but have a net loss of only 1lb under PP. I've basically been gaining and losing the same 3 lbs over and over. It's been so interesting to read about others having the same problems. It seems to be common among those of us on 29 points. Plus, I have always been mystified by the fact that I'm on the lowest amount of daily points allowable and I still have about 20 lbs to lose. How could eating the same amount of calories at such different weight amounts possibly work?

Anyways, I was still convinced that this was just me doing something wrong and was determined to stick it out under PP. But I think I've reached my breaking point. I stuck to my points last week, increased my exercise, didn't use my full WPA, and I still gained a pound. I've gotten so depressed about it that I haven't been to a meeting in weeks. I need the structure and support of the meetings, plus the accuracy that their scale provides! (I use my crappy home scale just to judge if I'm moving up or down.) So I'm going back to Momentum for a few weeks and REALLY hoping it works. I'm glad I held on to all of my old materials. I think it will be a challenge "relearning" the points values of things, but I feel I don't have a choice at this point!

Thanks for listening, er, reading. I'll be following this forum hoping to pick up some tips and tricks from you guys
ted9259 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 03:49 PM   #298  

S/C/G: 198.2/183.8/148

Height: 5 feet

Welcome ted9259! Since I switched back to Momentum I lost 7.8 pounds in 5 weeks, while I had only lost 5.6 pounds in the previous 19 (!) weeks on PP. I do faithfully attend meetings as we have a great leader and I enjoy the interaction between members. I figure the specific mechanics I am using isn't that important as the overall program. And I don't like fruit!
madamwu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 01:36 PM   #299  
WW Momentum User

S/C/G: 221/169/150

Height: 5'6"

What a summer. I switched jobs and now much more active in my work, but with much less time for dedicated workouts. It's been a challenge to figure out how many "activity points" I should plot for my work. So I've been losing VERY slowly. Then I got sick and dropped 5 lbs in one week. (I don't kid myself. Those 5 lbs are probably coming back so I have to lose them the HARD way! LOL)

I'm a mere 6.2 lbs from "normal weight" and only 11 lbs from my ultimate goal. I can see the finish line. I just wish those last 10 lbs were as easy as the first.
Daktari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 08:10 PM   #300  

S/C/G: 256/155/140

Height: 5'5

Hi Everyone!

Here I am once again switching back to Momentum. I just can't seem to stick to P+ and I'm not really sure why. I've gained 10lbs back because I keep going back and forth, back and forth. 3 weeks ago I hit 149 on my home scale then slowly gained back the 8lbs I'd lost in a matter of 2 weeks. I almost gave up more than a dozen times this weeks because my binge eating is back and worse than ever.

So here I am hoping I can stick to the plan and reach goal by the end of summer. The only issue I have is I get 24 points to work with, that's not much food..
KimberlyP is offline   Reply With Quote