Old 03-22-2011, 04:26 PM   #196  

S/C/G: 256/155/140

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandie View Post

Today was a 1.4lb loss.

WTG, Kim. I'd be mad if nothing budged on the scale after all that HARD work!!!!!
Congrats!! 1.4 is AWESOME
KimberlyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 04:28 PM   #197  

Hi Everyone!

Not sure if any of you have a Kroger where you live but they have a low carb yogurt which is their brand and it's 1 point! This stuff is absolutely awesome, I think I like the texture the most. Strawberry Colada is by far the best and Carrot Cake is my second favorite =D
Old 03-22-2011, 10:11 PM   #198  

S/C/G: 165/165/145

Height: 5'7

Kimberly - WTG!! Yay! 103lb loss is amazing! What an inspiration! ~ I don't have a Kroger near me... it's funny though because I just visited my sister in Texas and we went to Kroger. That yogurt sounds good though. I've been big into the Greek yogurt lately because of the protein content.

Amandie - I know what you mean about the drinking... ugh... I feel like a bloated balloon! lol Definitely need to detox.

So today was going great... Had a great breakfast, lunch, and snack... stuck to my points all day... There was definitely temptation at work but I resisted. BUT my husband comes home and sugests going out for dinner... Well I didn't feel like cooking so sure enough, we go out to Mexican! UGH! Why do I do this to myself? I don't even want to try to calculate the amount of calories I probably ate. Tomorrow I am serious about commiting to the program. I have an hour to an hour and a half workout planned for tomorrow, plus a great dinner, so no excuses!! I just hate weak moments.... I feel like such a failure when that happens.
runtolose15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 07:02 AM   #199  

Quote:
Originally Posted by runtolose15 View Post

So today was going great... Had a great breakfast, lunch, and snack... stuck to my points all day... There was definitely temptation at work but I resisted. BUT my husband comes home and sugests going out for dinner... Well I didn't feel like cooking so sure enough, we go out to Mexican! UGH! Why do I do this to myself? I don't even want to try to calculate the amount of calories I probably ate. Tomorrow I am serious about commiting to the program. I have an hour to an hour and a half workout planned for tomorrow, plus a great dinner, so no excuses!! I just hate weak moments.... I feel like such a failure when that happens.
You are NOT a failure! Once a month my husband and I go out for Mexican and I almost always go overboard. Instead of trying to calculate the points for that particular meal I just say I used ALL of my weeklies in one sitting, that way I don't leave the restaurant feeling guilty. A few weeks ago we went to a place called Mexican Gardens and instead of playing it safe and ordering the fajitas, I ordered a HUGE plate of chicken nachos and a bowl of guacamole which came with flour chips. I'm not proud to admit this but I kept eating even after I was stuffed and left the restaurant feeling nauseated. The next morning I stepped on my home scale and sure enough there was a gain of 4lbs! Of course it was due to water retention from the sodium in the food but it was still discouraging.

When I would do this before, I usually went off track and quit! NOW I make it a point to get to the gym and have a great workout even if I overeat. I also make sure to get right back on track the next day and track everything I eat from that point on. Last night I found myself eating a LOT of salty snacks and I didn't bother to track what I ate. I knew I had a bunch of activity points left but I felt a little bad because I went off track. I'm sure there are many of us who do this and feel this way but if you're able to bounce back from a 'Bad' day then that's all that matters!
Old 03-23-2011, 08:22 PM   #200  

S/C/G: 165/165/145

Height: 5'7

Kimberly -Thanks I know it was just one slip up, but I couldn't help but feel soooo guilty. Thanks for sharing about your night out too. I have definitely done that too... Ate till I was so full but I continued to eat anyway. It's like I say to myself, "Today is my cheat day, so I really gotta make it worth it." But I really appreciate your advice.

Today was a much better day. My boss wanted to take myself and another colleague out for lunch to discuss work matters. Myself and my friend are managers of a farmer's market and our boss is the farmer. We went to this Mexican place, which I was a little unhappy about because of my disaster of a dinnr last night. I got a burrito, but I was proud of myself and only ate half. I also only had about 5 chips with salsa. I looked up in my WW book that an 8 in. chicken burrito is 7 points. Since this half was rather large, I wrote that it was 7 points and the chips were 5. I compenated by having no carbs at dinner and not eating my afternoon snack. My husband and I also went to the gym today after work for an hour. I did a half hour on the upright bike and a 30 minute lift!

Tomorrow I would like to start creating the "dailies" thread, so be sure to look for it!

Hope everyone had a great day!
runtolose15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 10:04 PM   #201  

S/C/G: 250/217/150

Height: 5'4"

Hey! Another a good weight in tonight 2.4! I am down 49.8 pounds! SO close to getting my 50 charm! Kind of agonizing that I didn't get it tonight but it gives me something to look forward to next week!
JenB77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 11:54 PM   #202  
I got this

S/C/G: 206/162/135

Height: a little over 5'2

AWESOME, Jenny!!!!

Kim's right, RunToLose- You are NOT a failure! We all have off days. Just pick yourself up and keep going. That's what I did when I drank a lot last week and sure enough my hard work[outs] has (thankfully) paid off with a loss of 1.4lbs! I will be sure to keep an eye out for the daily thread!

Kim- Thank you- you are right. 1.4lbs is awesome!!! Ooh carrot cake yogurt!? I must try! I hope my Fry's (under Kroger too) carries them.

Last edited by amandie; 03-23-2011 at 11:54 PM.
amandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 06:34 AM   #203  

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennyT View Post
Hey! Another a good weight in tonight 2.4! I am down 49.8 pounds! SO close to getting my 50 charm! Kind of agonizing that I didn't get it tonight but it gives me something to look forward to next week!
Congrats!!!! That's awesome!!!

You'll get it next week for sure
Old 03-24-2011, 06:52 AM   #204  

Morning!

I had a pretty bad night and didn't get any sleep due to anxiety once again. Since I increased my Zoloft from 50mg to 100mg, I've been more anxious than I was when I was taking 50mg. I suffer from OCD, the obsessive part and unfortunately my anxiety attacks stem from the intrusive thoughts I get daily. I've tried breathing techniques which seem to do the trick occasionally but I find when I keep myself busy I'm ok. I had 2 attacks yesterday, one in the morning and the other while driving to pick my kiddos up from school.

It seems when I decided to go back to school is when the OCD decided to return. I had done well for 4 years, medication free and feeling great! I think the stress of school, taking care of 3 children, a house, trying to lose weight and everything else has overwhelmed me. People ask me how I do it and I actually can't answer because I have no clue! I just wish things would get easier for me.. I start Medic in the Fall and I fear my OCD will get in the way of my dream to become a Paramedic. I don't want to end up being so afraid that I never want to leave my home.

I really needed to get that off my chest and I apologize if it's TMI. I don't really have any form of support besides my husband so I feel alone sometimes.

This morning I'm heading to the gym for a long run then Zumba at 9:30. Hoping to get close to a 2000 calorie burn! It seems exercise is the only thing that helps my anxiety which is why I'm at the gym 24/7.

Hope everyone is having an awesome week and an even better weekend!
Old 03-24-2011, 03:15 PM   #205  
I got this

S/C/G: 206/162/135

Height: a little over 5'2

Kim- you sound like you have a LOT on your plate!! I really hope things will improve soon especially once you reach your goal. I also hope your OCD isn't being shifted to the gym/exercise because there is such a thing as overexercising, you know? BUT you say it helps with your anxiety and feelings so I say stick with it for now! Oh yea, I got the carrot cake yogurt- YUMMY!!! Thanks for the recommendation! I got the strawberry colada for my mom because I know she would love it. I'm not a fan of coconut.

That reminds me those who have Frys, Fred Meyer, Ralph's and Kroger in their area- I saw Ronzini brand on sale for .99 cents each including the veggie pasta! I got 5.... lol. I think .49 cents each if you get 10 or something, not sure. I ALMOST got beer. I put it in my cart but then I had second thoughts. I made a promise to myself that if I ever have second thoughts, PUT IT BACK! I don't know why but I think it's because my mentality is like "tomorrow is Friday so why not, I'll include it in my points, etc" yanno? ugh.

Today is a low key day, just gonna do the elliptical for about 75 minutes with 10lb weighted vest. Watch Due Date, hope it's good.

Hope everyone else is having a good week so far and weekend too!

Last edited by amandie; 03-24-2011 at 03:30 PM.
amandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 06:01 PM   #206  

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandie View Post
Kim- you sound like you have a LOT on your plate!! I really hope things will improve soon especially once you reach your goal. I also hope your OCD isn't being shifted to the gym/exercise because there is such a thing as overexercising, you know? BUT you say it helps with your anxiety and feelings so I say stick with it for now! Oh yea, I got the carrot cake yogurt- YUMMY!!! Thanks for the recommendation! I got the strawberry colada for my mom because I know she would love it.
Thankyou

It's been a really rough month, I wish it would get better and I could control this OCD. The morning and evening is the worst time for me because my panic attacks seem to hit me during those times. Running has helped tremendously, after a workout I feel awesome and have absolutely NO intrusive thoughts.

For a while I seriously thought I was going crazy but I came across a forum for OCD and realized there are a LOT of other people experiencing the same exact thing and having the same thoughts. It made me feel better knowing I wasn't the only one suffering out there and made me feel like I'm not crazy after all.

Glad you like the yogurt!! I could seriously eat 10 of them a day I had to go back and bought 20 more today, 10 colada and 10 carrot cake. 2 weeks ago they were on sale for 3/$1, this week they're $.39 each, not too bad but worth every penny. I like the fact that you don't have to worry about the sugar and some of them even have fiber which is a good thing.

Hope everyone has an awesome weekend!
Old 03-24-2011, 09:33 PM   #207  
Marianne

S/C/G: 310/285/135

Kim...I'm sorry things are so tough. I was lucky enough to be okay on the lower dose of the Zoloft for now.

There are things they can add to it to make it better for you. I would definitely look at getting back on your meds. There's nothing wrong with taking medication if you need it.

My brother in law has OCD...and I can always tell when he isn't on his meds. IF the medication makes it easier for you, please please please call your doctor.
mmel3283 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 09:42 PM   #208  

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmel3283 View Post
Kim...I'm sorry things are so tough. I was lucky enough to be okay on the lower dose of the Zoloft for now.

There are things they can add to it to make it better for you. I would definitely look at getting back on your meds. There's nothing wrong with taking medication if you need it.

My brother in law has OCD...and I can always tell when he isn't on his meds. IF the medication makes it easier for you, please please please call your doctor.

I'm still taking Zoloft and was told to increase it to 100mg a few days ago. I just wish these panic attacks and crazy thoughts would go away for good.

I have to go see my doctor tomorrow, I'll ask her if she can prescribe something to take along with the Zoloft. I have Ativan but am hesitant about taking it..
Old 03-25-2011, 09:19 AM   #209  
Marianne

S/C/G: 310/285/135

Take the Ativan. It helps...a lot. I used to get really really bad panic attacks...and it worked wonders for me. Don't be afraid to take it, it will definitely help you feel better. It may make you tired...but if you take it at night...then that will help you sleep. And then in the mornings you work out. It'll all work out.
mmel3283 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 11:14 AM   #210  

S/C/G: 250/217/150

Worse day ever at work yesterday, started at 430am, a resident at work passed away (I manage a home for adults with disabilities) My boss brought 'comfort' food over for the staff, chips and chocolate and pasteries lol I had a handful of chips and that was it. Good thing I don't emotional eat lol Anyways today is a better day, 202 this morning on the scale, hoping to push through to the 100's soon. Take care everyone!
JenB77 is offline   Reply With Quote