Old 11-16-2010, 04:40 PM   #91  
trying to impress myself

S/C/G: 296/see ticker!/140

Height: 5'4"

hey everyone-

i do WWonline, and i'm wondering how this will affect those of us who do not attend meetings...anyone heard of anything? i'm assuming they'll be some kind of tutorial, but i'm not sure.

also, if you have recipes stored on your acct online, will the point values be adjusted?

i'm looking forward to see what they have to offer this time around.

thanks in advance!
fillupthesky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 07:08 PM   #92  
Fit to be Healthy!

The info the WW blog posted today said:

Will those of us who subscribe to Weight Watchers Online get all the new info? Do we have to do anything?
When you log on to the site on November 29th, we will walk you through the new program, step by step. There will also be guides, videos, and games to help you have a successful transition to the new program.

I'm going to go ahead and guess that the recipes you stored, will have to be reconfigured or reentered by you. The old points were based on calories, fat, and fiber. The new points are based on protein, carbohydrates, fat, and fiber. So seeing as the recipe builder doesn't have the info on specific items you have entered, you will probably need to rebuild.
MrsBonsai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 08:28 PM   #93  
Fit to be Healthy!

Have to admit, I'm stoked! The UK WW boards have a lot of posts with people posting weight losses of around or above 5 pounds for their first week on the new plan, while eating all their new points plus the weekly points! They actually said that it looks like those who at their weekly points lost more than those who just ate their daily points.

Anyone else go and read through the boards there?
Old 11-16-2010, 09:31 PM   #94  
Fit to be Healthy!

http : / / community DOT babycenter DOT com / post / a25107987 / propoints_-_a_sneak_peek_for_you_from_nz

Quote:
Hi everyone
I'm not sure if our plans will be exactly the same (I'm in NZ), but our propoints got launched today so I thought I'd share the blurb that was on my tracker - I'm an online member. I'm having a look through now and it looks great!
Sorry if any of this information is old-hat, but I wanted to share in case there is something here that wasnt known as yet.

There's more if you want to read it.
Old 11-17-2010, 02:17 AM   #95  
trying to impress myself

S/C/G: 296/see ticker!/140

Height: 5'4"

thanks for the info
i just hope they dont wipe out my recipe so i can have it to re-enter...lol
fillupthesky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 06:30 AM   #96  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

thanks for the link! here is the australia/new zealand ww site and it has a propoints thread so there is lots of information there too if you are interested, I just finished devouring every word and I'm soooo excited for this new plan to be unveiled to us as well!

http://www.weightwatchers.co.nz/comm...mbd/index.aspx
spryng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 08:01 AM   #97  

S/C/G: 190/157/120-150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by fillupthesky View Post
also, if you have recipes stored on your acct online, will the point values be adjusted?
If you entered the recipes using ingredients they had in the system, the points should be automatically adjusted for you. If you entered any ingredients manually by telling it the calories, fat and fiber, you will probably need to re-enter those ingredients with the new values in order for the points score to be accurate.
pageta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 10:25 AM   #98  
Fit to be Healthy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fillupthesky View Post
thanks for the info
i just hope they dont wipe out my recipe so i can have it to re-enter...lol

In the replies on that link, it said they left all the recipes in there. And what they did instead, is if you used the WW entered ingredients for your list, it automatically converted. And if you entered an ingredient yourself, it will prompt you for the remaining info needed to figure out the ingredient.

Did anyone else notice the note regarding sugar free items? I don't use sugar substitutes anyway, as they give me a headache. But I thought it was interesting that they want you to use WW's calculations on those items because they add in the sugar alcohols in the calculations, and we don't have that ability with the calculators.
Old 11-17-2010, 10:27 AM   #99  
Fit to be Healthy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by spryng View Post
thanks for the link! here is the australia/new zealand ww site and it has a propoints thread so there is lots of information there too if you are interested, I just finished devouring every word and I'm soooo excited for this new plan to be unveiled to us as well!
Thank you

I'm really excited too!
Old 11-18-2010, 08:39 PM   #100  

S/C/G: 297.4/ticker/190

Height: 5'3"

Hi all! I am still in the process of going through all 7 pages of this thread and reading so if any of what I'm about to say is a repeat I am sorry.

My WW leader won't say much. She has hinted that if you like fruit that you will love the changes. I have heard her say she will have to calculate for us how many points we will get for each day and that it will change from what it is now. She said that the way points for foods are calculated will be changing, and she said that the old calculators will be no good; however, she did say WW was going to sell the new calculators at "cost" to current members for a couple of weeks. She said it would be $7.00. She also said alot of the WW companion books will be at a lower cost for a few weeks.

Hope this helps.

I have been with WW for about 5 weeks now. I love it, and I'm excited to find out about the change.
McKenziesmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 05:22 AM   #101  

Yeah I keep finding myself reading the weight watchers uk boards now, they have been on the plan for about a month and alot are seeing some great losses! Fruit is definitely free, even bananas and most all veggies are free except corn, potatoes etc.. my leader said to bring 10 bucks for the new calculator so I guess the prices are different even within the states. I already have it though on my phone, if you have a droid smart phone of any kind it's called Ultimate Point Calculator and it's free and it has both the version we are doing right now and the new propoints version which is kinda cool to play with until we switch, will give you an idea of what is going up in points soon.
Old 11-19-2010, 03:28 PM   #102  

spryng, I'm wondering if you have the right calculator. In Europe the plan is called Propoints, but here in the States it is called Pointsplus.

Some of the new Progresso soups have the new Pointsplus food values on the label. Folks are saying the points values have doubled.
Joycelyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 07:03 AM   #103  

yeah it's the UK calculator but they should be calculating the same, it goes off of protein, carbs, fat and fiber now and that is what the one on my phone does.. I think the plans will be the same except for the name and yes on things that are more fatty or carb laden lots of things have gone up, but our pts are going up too so honestly from what I've read it about even's out. I'm not a big fruit eater so the free fruit doesn't interest me much but overall the plan sounds great and I can't wait to try it
Old 11-20-2010, 08:38 AM   #104  
mybaskett

S/C/G: 177

Thumbs up excited to start this new journey

I have tried WW several times. Carbs have always been my biggest problem. On the plan I was always concerned about the calories and the carbs. Focusing on all things minus calories is exciting to me. I can't wait untill November 28th.
mybaskett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 11:06 AM   #105  

Smile

I understand that there is a slight difference in the calculator we will have and the one in the UK - both use protein, carbs, fat and fiber. But the NI on food packages in the UK is not exactly the same as here - some difference in the calculation of carbs and fiber. So the calculators are slightly different to adjust for that. How much difference that will make in points, I have no idea. Might be zero.

I got that from what I "think" is a reliable source, but I have no proof that it's accurate
Rebecca Jo is offline   Reply With Quote