Old 11-12-2010, 05:04 PM   #76  

Quote:
Originally Posted by nannylynn View Post
is that a cookbook with the new plan......
Yes, nannylynn the cookbook is with the new plan. You can pre-order it, but they won't be shipping it until after Christmas, I think it said Dec. 28th.
aleka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 05:50 PM   #77  

The details of the plan will not be complete in any book WW okays. That would be stupid on their part, wouldn't it. And the WW plan is not just just points. It's based on behaviorial modification.

I think that everyone who wants to do WW should have to pay for the information. I am so tired of all the freeloaders who say they can't afford it. I have an income (SS) of $1357 a month and I manage to pay for my monthly pass and rent and everything else.
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 11:36 PM   #78  

My first post here....just discovered this site....

Was grocery shopping yesterday and found Progresso soup with the new blue PointsPlus logo. Interestlngly the chicken dumplings soup is now 2 pts., was only 1. Lots of WW items on sale.

You can download the UK pro points calculator to get an idea of the point differences. WWbread was 1 pt for 2 slices, now 3 points. Calculator includes Protein, Total carbohydrates, Total Fat and Fiber. Processed foods, breads and even WW "treats" all are higher in points. But that's probably why the base points are now 29.

As my leader said this week...We will all be NEW members and learn the new program together.
Rocketter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 08:54 AM   #79  

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleka View Post
Yes, nannylynn the cookbook is with the new plan. You can pre-order it, but they won't be shipping it until after Christmas, I think it said Dec. 28th.
Sorry nannylynn, I just re-read what you posted and I read it wrong the first time. I don't know if the new WW cookbook has the new plan in it. The only thing I read was that all the recipes have the new point values in it.
aleka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 09:24 AM   #80  
Chick

Height: 5'4"

Just a quick shout out to QuilterInVA: Hey! I remember you from posting a long time ago on Core and different spots. You've done a terrific job!!!!! Weigh to go on your terrific weight loss and for being so close to goal. We started posted here at about the same time.
Itryharder
Itryharder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 03:11 PM   #81  

If you want to do WW you have to do the new plan. All previous plans will be obsolete so you can do them but don't call them WW. Why wouldn't you want to try the new plan?

Every store I know sells off old stuff when new things are on the way and I don't see anyone complain about it when the purple clothes are on sale because they are now out of style because teal is in. Why did you think WW was selling the stuff so cheap?

Anyone who works for WW has had to sign a confidentiality agreement and if they break it they are fired.

I always sell my old stuff on ebay. There's always takers there and some sell the stuff for more than they paid for it. The calculator is on Amazon for $56 as of yesterday? Should they not sell it?

Let the buyer beware!
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 03:32 PM   #82  
Calorie Counter

S/C/G: 197/ticker/136

Height: 1.65m

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuilterInVA View Post
I am so tired of all the freeloaders who say they can't afford it. I have an income (SS) of $1357 a month and I manage to pay for my monthly pass and rent and everything else.
My income comes to equivalent $657 before tax, so maybe that's why there are people who say they can't afford it, because they have incomes even lower than yours? Mine is a good SS income in this country, a single unemployed person who has not had 60 or more weeks' work in the preceding 108 weeks gets $378 a month, so there really isn't any money to pay for anything at all over rent, fuel and taxes, even those bills are usually behind.

Yes you could say don't choose WW if you don't want to pay for it, but let's face it very little of the money is for the materials, those have an upfront cost to product but then it costs little to bulk print them and ship them out by the crate, the cost is in the support structure, which people who are trying to do the program alone are not getting.

And soem people are trying to figure out whether they think the plan will be suitable for them before they part with the fees which they genuinely intend to pay. I might join WW, but I want to understand what I am getting for my money. If you are buying a TV do you expect to have it out on display, read reviews of it and compare it to other TVs or do you expect it to be in a box out the back and the sales staff to say they cannot tell you anything about it for confidentiality, if you want to buy the TV buy it and then you'll find out what sort of TV it is?

Re. the reduced items, at least if you are buying out of season clothing you are well aware that it's reduced because it's out of season, it is quite clearly the old colours, fleece jackets in summer time and only in sizes 8, 12 and 22. WW did not put up the reason why their materials went on sale, sometimes (in the UK at least) they do sales at certain key seasonal times such as early January to encourage more members. If you think you have just got a great deal on some materials you wouldn't have chosen to afford only to find out they knew the materials were about to become obselete and you didn't then there's a certain right to be about that.
RoseRodent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 07:33 PM   #83  
Fit to be Healthy!

Yup. Everyone knows the change is coming. Everyone knows it's points based. And that it rolls out on November 28, and that it's the biggest change in 13 years for WW. How? Because the President issued an article in the WW magazine, and everyone all over the net is spreading the word too.

They may not be able to have the leaders talk about it, but there's certainly enough press about it. It's still nutritionally sound. It's points based, although they took calories out of the equation. Again, youtube videos issued by Weight Watchers.

If you do not wish to continue with WW, then just quit and work with what you have. If you wish to continue with them, then realize you've already put trust in their scientists and doctors and nutrition experts to come up with something that works. It has already been tested. So . . . that leaves one question:

What are you arguing about? Either give it a whirl or back out. Seems a simple enough choice. You already know how to do WW if you have been in the program. If you are not yet a member, then you really should not know how the program really works yet anyway. So your choice is still the same knowledge. Points based, works for lots of people. Good information scientists studies doctors nutritionists . . . and tested, even the new program. So you know if they are making a change, there is a reason. So either go with it, or quit Weight Watchers and stop digging on people who really believe in WW's ability to create a great program.

Food scales are still going to be useful. You just won't be able to click on the points button anyway. I have a WW scale. I've had it for a while. I don't use the points function. I weigh what I'm using and use nutrition labels and other nutrition fact books and WW books and their calculators to find the info to figure out the points. Sure I'll need a new calculator. Oh well. It's my choice to continue with the program.

But if you are NOT going to switch to the new program, then save your money and quit now! Because they are not going to talk about old programs. Thank goodness we don't have to eat liver once a week anymore. Times change. Science shows new things. Here we go . . . the bus is moving along . . . either stay stuck with the old ways and old programs or move with WW into the new program and lose that weight!

Last edited by MrsBonsai; 11-14-2010 at 07:35 PM.
MrsBonsai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 12:10 PM   #84  

S/C/G: 184.4/169.2/140

Height: 5'3"

I joined WW's back in September. The staff at my center were very honest when we bought products - they told us the program would be changing in or around November, that's why everything was on sale. I feel bad for those of you who were not told this.

Last week was the first mention of the new program from our leader. She said she herself hates change and she was sure she'd gain weight on the new program and hate it; however, she has been doing it for a month now and does like it and she's had no weight gain! So that made me a little hopeful.

It seems most people are concerned over their "favorites" becoming too high in points. There is a link on this thread that leads to details of the UK Pro-Points plan. From the over view I see there - yes, things will go up in points; but your daily and weekly points will go up as well. So it may all even itself out.

Best thing would be to wait for the launch, hear the information and make a decision from there.
stratcat45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 10:49 AM   #85  
Fit to be Healthy!

community DOT weightwatchers DOT com / Blogs / userblog DOT aspx ? blog ID = 1039387

Hoping this works. You need that http thing with the : and the two / before you put the rest in your browser.

Quote:
There’s been so much buzz about the changes that are coming to Weight Watchers, that we thought we’d answer a few of the key questions. So, here’s what you’ve been asking us:

Why the change? If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it, right?
While the current plan works and has worked for millons of Meetings members and Online subscribers it’s important to note that science is continually evolving, which means Weight Watchers needs to change too. We want to make sure our members and subscribers have the most up-to-date information they need to lose weight and keep it off. You will find that the new program changes will make following the Weight Watchers plan even more flexible.

Will those of us who subscribe to Weight Watchers Online get all the new info? Do we have to do anything?
When you log on to the site on November 29th, we will walk you through the new program, step by step. There will also be guides, videos, and games to help you have a successful transition to the new program.

Can I continue to use my iPhone app?
The iPhone app will be updated to support the new program. It should be available to download on November 29th. We will also have Blackberry, Android, and Windows Phone 7 calculator apps shortly after the new program launch.

Is fruit free on the new program?
Yes – you can eat all fruit until you are satisfied.

Is all fruit free? Even bananas??
Yes even bananas!!

Even… mangoes???
Yes even mangoes!!!
MrsBonsai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 12:48 PM   #86  

S/C/G: 224/208/135

Height: 5 3

For me, once the new plan comes out, if I prefer to stay on the old one for whatever reason, I will. I will also continue to attend WW meetings either way. Why? For me, WW isn't just about points or what plan they have, but it's about the accountability and support at the meetings...I know each Tuesday I have to weigh in and I know my friend will be expecting me!! The meetings are the key for me and then whatever point system works the best for me--current or new one--for convenience and consistent weight loss.

I also track sodium and pay attention to what types of foods I'm eating while I'm tracking points, so I already pay attention to the nutritional value of foods.

I know the current point system like the back of my hand from being an online-only member years ago, but it wasn't working for me because I couldn't stick to it. Once I started attending the meetings where a friend was going, I have lost consistently each week for seven weeks. The only difference is attending the meetings. If the new plan ends up being more time-consuming to figure out my recipe and food points or weight loss isn't working as well, I'll just keep doing it the way I am now.

Last edited by DoItThisTime; 11-16-2010 at 01:23 PM.
DoItThisTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 01:04 PM   #87  

S/C/G: 184.4/169.2/140

Height: 5'3"

I agree DoItThisTime...for years I tried to do WW on my own and always failed. It wasn't until I started attending meetings (with a friend) that I started to see results.

At our meetings, we don't really discuss the plan that much. It's more supportive and sharing then discussing how to calculate the points. I do want to give the new system a try though and if it doesn't work, I'll go back to the old one. But I'll probably continue with meetings either way!
stratcat45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 01:18 PM   #88  

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoseRodent View Post
Re. the reduced items, at least if you are buying out of season clothing you are well aware that it's reduced because it's out of season, it is quite clearly the old colours, fleece jackets in summer time and only in sizes 8, 12 and 22. WW did not put up the reason why their materials went on sale, sometimes (in the UK at least) they do sales at certain key seasonal times such as early January to encourage more members. If you think you have just got a great deal on some materials you wouldn't have chosen to afford only to find out they knew the materials were about to become obselete and you didn't then there's a certain right to be about that.
Really? I knew this change was coming. Our leader mentioned it very briefly about a month ago, just said they had a meeting the previous Sunday and she said big changes were coming. Then she brought it up every week since then (no details, just letting us know). Based on the rumors I've been hearing and yes, even in the WW magazine, I stayed after one meeting to make sure I knew the exact date the changes would be discussed so I wouldn't miss the meeting due to holiday travel.

I really don't know how a true WWer would not know why everything is on sale. They even completely revamped our meeting room last week, from the moment you walk in (where they sell the products) to the layout of the meeting itself. I did think it was funny though, I got to the meeting a little earlier than usual last Saturday and a woman who apparently never attends the meetings, just weighs in and leaves, was commenting to the receptionist about the great sales going on. I wanted to tell her "yeah, because the points values are going to be different in a few weeks, idiot" but that was not my place.

And really, it's not like the food that is on sale suddenly goes BAD when the Points re-calculation takes place. They'll just be like any other food you buy at the store that is not pre-labeled with Points, you have to do the work yourself using the nutritional label required to be printed on food. And if you're someone who is not on WW but you buy WW supermarket foods, then do you really care if the points value is being recalculated?

Thanks for the reminder though, I really should stock up on SmartOnes if they are on sale!
Amy8888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 01:28 PM   #89  

Quote:
Originally Posted by stratcat45 View Post
At our meetings, we don't really discuss the plan that much. It's more supportive and sharing then discussing how to calculate the points. I do want to give the new system a try though and if it doesn't work, I'll go back to the old one. But I'll probably continue with meetings either way!
When I first joined WW the meetings were almost always about Points, and I think at the time, as a new WW member, that was useful for me. (Ever notice how the new members seem way more focused on perfectly calculating Points than the older ones?). I quit WW a few months after joining that first time because I was moving and dealing with a bunch of crazy stuff.

When I rejoined I found a new leader and she has been amazing. I think we discuss Points occasionally but it's never the focus of a meeting. (Tracking may be a focus, but not "let's discuss the Points value of every food you eat"). She gets really deep into emotional eating, the root causes of overeating, even the long-term benefits of exercising (her mom is currently in a nursing home due to complications of diabetes and she uses this example as a good reason to exercise way more than she discusses earning Activity Points as a motivator).

My point is, if you have a great leader you can benefit from attending even if you never intend to count Points (although counting really helps). I did not count points in October due to a lot of travel and I managed to maintain my weight loss the entire month. I really think that was because the lessons were sinking in. I was starting to see the big picture of effective weight loss and management...to really think about why I was eating. I don't think I could have managed a more intuitive approach to eating for a whole month if I stuck with that first leader, I would have probably just thought well, I can't count this month so I might as well stuff my face.

I am definitely looking forward to the new plan. I was apprehensive at first but I really could use that "new member feeling" right now. I think with the insights I've had about the bigger picture of weight loss, this will be a good way to re-think the details.
Amy8888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 02:37 PM   #90  
Granmums

Wink New weight watchers plan

Just came back from my meeting. New weight watchers program will begin 29th of Nov 2011. My coach has given a few hints ...she did the new program last week and lost two pounds...she also stopped us from buying the Complete Food Companion and Eating Out Companion and told us that she gave us to much info with that one, but didn't want us to lose the money....hmmmmmm. Yes, they signed a confidentiality form. Oh well...long as we are still losing we can wait. Good luck all.

Last edited by Granmums; 11-16-2010 at 02:59 PM. Reason: signature
Granmums is offline   Reply With Quote