Old 10-10-2010, 11:02 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 205/185/135

Height: 5ft5

I am just starting my second week. I hope the new changes aren't to complicated. That is what I am loving about WW is that it is so simple.
gerly1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 08:20 PM   #17  

Gina, I have heard exactly what you have heard. I hope it's true. I'll take any diet that offers free fruits and veg to fill up on. This is the European WW plan that has been offered in Germany and the Netherlands with great success. The WW financial forecast (google it), states that the new plan will be released in Australasia, the U.K., Canada and the U.S. late November/early December.

At my meeting we will receive it the Monday following Thanksgiving.

It sounds like a tremendous improvement over the current plan. The WW CEO said in the report that this is the first major change in the WW system since points were introduced a decade ago.

Sounds exciting.
Joycelyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 11:25 AM   #18  

Default New Plan

I just heard that the new Plan was going to be revealed around Thanksgiving. Our Leader said she lost 3 lbs. in one week. But couldn't tell us anymore!!
apronsbymeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 12:15 PM   #19  

Hi everyone! I just wanted to see if anyone knew, will this new plan be the only option, or will we have a choice between the old plan and the new plan, kind of like how we have a choice between the momentum and core plans now? I know I could follow the old plan on my own but I do so much better as an active member. Thanks for any info!
Emily718 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 01:01 PM   #20  

Emily, I was told that you could still use the Points Plan. I wanted to buy the calculator and they told me to wait because things were changing. But If I wanted to still buy it I would still be able to do the point system.
apronsbymeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2010, 05:04 PM   #21  
Old Enough to Know Better

S/C/G: 182.6/152/140

Height: 5'3"

I've been doing WW for a while and love its simplicity. I'm betting that we'll still be counting points, it's just that the points will be different. That kind of bums me out because I've only recently been able to actually remember the point values on my favorites! Should be interesting......
-Jenny
Hilly4118 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 08:14 PM   #22  
One Smart Cookie

S/C/G: 253/196/137

Height: 5'8"

I've been doing WW for about 6 weeks now, and been moving along pretty well, I'll probably stick with what I'm doing until I plateau and then mix stuff up with the new plan...yeah, that sounds like a good idea...lol
jnmcelwain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 12:27 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 334/267/232 (For now)

Height: 5'2"

I know have it in my planner the day the new plan comes out so I can make sure I have time to stay for hte meeting. I dont always have time with school and meetings.
tamia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 04:20 PM   #24  

We will still be counting points! Everyone check out the new November/December issue of Weight Watchers magazine which just hit the stands. On the second page WW's CEO has a letter to members telling them that a new program is coming at the end of November, but it will still involve points. This will be a major change in the program. Folks over on the "official" WW site say we will be calculating points differently, etc. Fruits and most veg will be free.

My area will introduce the new plan the Sunday after Thanksgiving (11/28). If you ask your area people they will tell you when it will be introduced. I can only assume it will be the same date for everyone since the CEO said we'll get it the end of November.

I am ready for a WW shake-up. We haven't had one in over 13 years (according to the CEO). It is long overdue!
Old 10-17-2010, 01:41 PM   #25  

Everyone should give the new program a 6-week trial before they say they are going to stick with the old one - you might lose even better!

I hope they take fiber out of the calculation. I've seen so many abuse it. They add fiber to ice cream for crying out loud. A calorie is still a calorie.

You will not be able to stay on Momentum at the meetings when Pro Points comes out November 28.
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 09:07 PM   #26  

Thumbs up

Yes, the plan is changing. Yes, it will begin for everyone the Sunday after Thanksgiving. No, the old plan will not be supported. Give the new plan a chance. I hate it when people say, 'I'm going to just stay on the old plan.' If everyone said that, we'd still be eating liver and onions! You can't (shouldn't) judge something until you've given it a try. Once the plan becomes available, it will be just that, "the plan". Forget "old" vs. "new", it's just "the plan". Good luck to everyone!!
oscar1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 12:06 AM   #27  
Jillian stole my abs!

S/C/G: 195.8/138/140

Height: 5'5"

I haven't been to a meeting in a long time. Sounds exciting to me. I'm a lifetime member. Been thinking about going back, now I know I am!

I like new stuffs!
shcirerf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 06:27 PM   #28  

I can't wait for the new plan. If it's true that "fruits and most vegetables are free" (I'm quoting from someone who said they saw the new literature), COUNT ME IN! I had started following the Mayo Clinic Diet, having read the new book, and Dr. Hensrud (the author) said unlimited fruits and vegetables should be the mainstay of everyone's diet.

If WW is doing this, I"M IN! Does anyone know for sure? Lots of folks say they know lots of things about the new plan, but who really knows? The leaders and receptionists have to sign away their lives and are sworn to secrecy!
Old 10-19-2010, 12:01 PM   #29  

I believe its most fruits and vegetables are free. You can read the WW patent for the new plan and get it.
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 01:40 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 184.4/169.2/140

Height: 5'3"

Hmmmmm.....I'm all for free foods (especially fruits); but I'm not the biggest veggie eater and my guess is going to be that the veggies I love so much and measure out to stay within a point range aren't going to be the free ones. And it sounds as if the foods, besides Fruits & Veggies are going to be higher in points. I hate hearing that carbs may be one of the deciding factors of points....I've done Atkins and hated it! I just started WW 5 weeks ago and have enjoyed it so much and have been losing and I don't feel as though I'm depriving myself at all.

Guess we'll have to wait and see, I may have to drop out of meetings and just do the old program on my own.

Last edited by stratcat45; 10-20-2010 at 01:41 PM.
stratcat45 is offline   Reply With Quote