Old 11-20-2010, 02:13 PM   #106  
Fit to be Healthy!

You can read through the US Patent office, and find that yes they did use slightly different calculations.

put all that w stuff in front, and the all the DOT for .

Remove returns etc . . .

google DOT com/patents/

about?id=467NAAAAEBAJ&dq=weight+watchers+calculato r
MrsBonsai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 11:37 PM   #107  
Fit to be Healthy!

Cool beans! The NZ boards posted a menu

Needs the w's, and . for DOT etc

weightwatchers DOT com DOT

au/images/3081/dynamic/GCMSImages/AU_MealPlan.pdf
Old 11-21-2010, 09:05 AM   #108  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/113

Height: 5'3

that is good to know about the calculators! I will download a new one once it launches here then Still counting down the days! One week from today!!
spryng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 11:37 AM   #109  

The formula for our PointsPlus is in the patent. I goggled and found it - had to wade through a lot of legaleze but I work for an attorney. I tried it and the UK calculator and came out the same on the foods I tried. It's going to be a shock for carb lovers. Me not so much - I'm a meat, veggies, fruit and dairy girl because I am wheat sensitive.
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 05:00 AM   #110  

thanks susan! nice to know the new calculator I downloaded is accurate then, I won't have to worry about getting another one next week
Old 11-22-2010, 07:53 PM   #111  

We've been told by testers on the official WW board that Propoints calculation is DIFFERENT than the Pointsplus calc we'll be using in the U.S.

In the U.K. food labels are different. On U.K. food labels fiber is automatically subtracted from carbs before the carb number is put on the label. In addition, the fiber is listed separately. That makes for a different, although similar, calculation than ours.

Hope this helps. Food labels differ from country to country, thus the differences in calculations, but I've read that Weight Watchers is FINALLY STANDARDIZED throughout the world. Yipee!! We'll all figure fats, carbs, proteins and fiber. FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Joycelyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 04:50 AM   #112  

S/C/G: 205/205/135

Height: 5'4"

Can anyone tell me how sweet potatoes will be? Are they not free? If not are they high point?
silverose1209 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 05:22 AM   #113  

no they won't be free, a regular potato on the new plan is around 6-8 pts so that might give you an idea of what the sweet potato will be. I think 90% of veggies will be free but not potatos or corn etc..
Old 11-23-2010, 02:21 PM   #114  

All potatoes, corn and peas count. Maybe parsnips too. I'm not sure on that one.

But winter squash, including pumpkin is free. Finally. I've always loved butternut squash but rarely ate it because I didn't want to point it.

Finally, all fruits and most veg are free. This will be the best WW plan yet.
Joycelyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 07:21 AM   #115  
weight watchers

S/C/G: 211/211/150

I could not get the link to work on Mrs. Bonzai's post, can someone please post the actual link for me?

thanks

This looks like a very good plan, I just started and may wait until the new plan comes out.
ckatgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 03:54 PM   #116  
Fit to be Healthy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckatgo View Post
I could not get the link to work on Mrs. Bonzai's post, can someone please post the actual link for me?

thanks

This looks like a very good plan, I just started and may wait until the new plan comes out.
I have over 25 posts now and can actually post the links. Just tell me which one and I can repost it.
Old 11-27-2010, 12:45 PM   #117  

S/C/G: 203/203/165

Height: 5'5

Default Points

I wonder how this is going to affect my points? I start new points on Saturday. Is it going to recalculate what I've already put in online? If so it's hard to calculate for the next two days. Maybe they'll start everyone fresh on Monday?
oppscdaizy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 03:08 PM   #118  
Less of a Better Me

I am not sure. For stuff you enter that is not from their database I feel sure they can't recalculate since they need info you haven't supplied such as grams of carbs and protein (if what I've read is right).

For stuff in their database, I'm not sure.

In my case, I'm going to carefully record separately the nutritional information on what I eat today and tomorrow (although I'm thinking to go to Sunday morning meeting to get materials) and then when the online version comes out on Monday (which is where I track points) then putting everything in for Saturday and Sunday.

Another alternative is to just change to start your week on Monday (Prorating weekly points) and then when Saturday gets here change to a Saturday start.
Koshka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 09:36 AM   #119  
no longer single

S/C/G: 225/220.5/150

Height: 5'5"

if its like the propoints plan it says the typical female will get 29 points and 49 anytime points and the daily points will never go below that level.

i joined online but will be starting tommorrow and it says on there that it will be released online tommorrow and in meetings today
me4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 01:28 PM   #120  
Less of a Better Me

That is correct on the number of points. That is the one thing that concerns me. I still have 50 pounds to lose and my points will never go down. That doesn't seem quite right to me but we'll see.
Koshka is offline   Reply With Quote