Old 08-25-2014, 02:48 PM   #46  
Sherry, Senior Member

S/C/G: 194/172/158

Height: 5'-7

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by CelticHarpie View Post
So I did MRC last fall, and had a good experience. I ended up gaining the 20lbs back over the course of 2014. I did pretty well initially, but the stress of the spring semester just sort of did me in. I was doing really well up through about April, then just abandoned all reason.

I am going to do MRC on my own (still have my menus) and I purchased HNS through Diet Direct today. My goal is to lose 30lbs by the end of the year.

In January I will be making a huge move to Ireland to be with my boyfriend. I will be walking much more, and be less likely to go out to eat. Food is more expensive there, so I will be cooking more and planning more. Anyway... I will be using this group to keep me accountable. Will update my tracker, et. al. tomorrow after I weigh in.

Anyway, good luck to everyone here and I'm looking forward to getting back to my Christmas weight from last year (and lower).

Goodluck to you and your new adventure. We are all here for support so stay focused and if you need us we will be here!
skelley331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 03:49 PM   #47  
Motivated Member

S/C/G: 210/204/180

Height: 5'8"

Welcome Celtic!
I just rejoined last week after gaining back ALL my weight and more

Short term goal - minimum 10 pounds gone by Sept 6th (vacation at the beach) . 6 lbs lost so far.....
Taking it day by day and making sure I have lots of veggies cut up, fruit, lean protein, Greek yogurt, HNSs, eggs, cheese, etc so I don't get hungry and go off plan. My counselor recommended Dannon Light and Fit 80 cal Greek yogurt, 12 G protein instead of plain and it is a definite treat.
Little suggestions like that really help me out.
If anyone has other good food choices they really like - please share. We are all in this together
bigdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 02:02 PM   #48  

Hello...

I had maintenance weigh in today and lost 2 1/2 pounds which I was trying to take a bit more off due to wedding coming up.. I am now 7 1/2 pounds under goal which makes me a happy camper.

Re: the new menu.. My friend told me turkey bacon is a no no.. Due to nitrates..

BigDog, thanks for info from consultant on Greek Yogurt.

Wishing everyone a great weight loss or maintain week.

Patzi
patzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 06:34 PM   #49  
Motivated Member

I love mixing cottage cheese in the Greek yogurt! Patzi, that's weird about the turkey bacon. I'll check on that Friday when I weigh in.
I need some new scales! The WW scales I have will show one weight when it's on the bare floor vs when placed on the bath rug. I like the reading on the rug!! 194 which I know is not right. I think I'm down 2 lbs this week so far
Old 08-28-2014, 09:55 AM   #50  

S/C/G: 188/see ticker/135

Height: 5'6"

First official weigh in yesterday after resigning... down 3 pounds! I thought I was going to have 1 pound at best. Happily surprised! We'll see how the holiday weekend goes.....
cmb9697 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 11:03 AM   #51  

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdog View Post
I love mixing cottage cheese in the Greek yogurt! Patzi, that's weird about the turkey bacon. I'll check on that Friday when I weigh in.
I need some new scales! The WW scales I have will show one weight when it's on the bare floor vs when placed on the bath rug. I like the reading on the rug!! 194 which I know is not right. I think I'm down 2 lbs this week so far
Will be glad to to hear about turkey bacon, Big Dog..

I have a homedics scale, always 2 pounds under MRC, but I know that, so it is ok... I use it on carpet or tile.. I take it with me if we go away close, as I am one that weighs every day.

Thanks
Patzi
Old 08-28-2014, 11:04 AM   #52  

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmb9697 View Post
First official weigh in yesterday after resigning... down 3 pounds! I thought I was going to have 1 pound at best. Happily surprised! We'll see how the holiday weekend goes.....
Nice weigh in... Happy for you.

Patzi
Old 08-28-2014, 12:35 PM   #53  
Beware the Harpie

S/C/G: 225.4/ticker/145

Height: 5' 5"

Have just received my faux-HNS from Diet Direct (thanks to everyone for the suggestions). The pink lemonade is great and so much cheaper. Also got a nice blender bottle with a wire ball in it that works well.

Have been weighing daily since Monday. Am not officially starting the diet until next Monday as I will be away this weekend playing at an Irish Music Festival and want to have a clean slate on which to start. But, I did go for a short run on Tuesday, and I have been upping my water. Already down a pound this week.
CelticHarpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 07:11 AM   #54  

Thank you Big Dog for recommendation of mixing yogurt with cottage cheese. I use the fat free for both, but from what you previously were told light is fine.

I added some peach mango powder to mine and put in freezer for a short spell and it was delicious.

For y'all that eat out and eat at Subway, you can have a salad or a double chicken salad like I had last night. Everyone else had subs,but if I eat a sub, I gain 2 pounds the next day and it just is not worth it to me to work to get it off. It is those bread carbs that do it on me. Salad was way too big for me, but ate almost all of it, and it was very good. Being on maintenance I could have had the sub roll in whole wheat, but as I said above not worth playing with talking weight off.

Patzi
Old 08-29-2014, 07:48 PM   #55  
Motivated Member

Missed my 1230 appt due to crazy work schedule and since we got off early for Holiday, I went later today 330. The new center in town was so slammed they bought in another manager from another center and I love her!!
I like my other counselor too.
I am down another 3 pounds! For a total of 8 lbs lost.
She looked at my journal and said I shouldn't be eating deli ham. Oops! When we were camping I sliced it up and put only salad while my DH ate a sandwich. I asked about olives and she said no
I wasn't sure about diff between Olives and dill pickles?
Hey doesn't olive oil come from olives and I can have 1 healthy fat a day
Patzi I'm thinking turkey bacon falls in the ham category. But then she recommended prosciutto with roasted garlic on Melba toast - yum!! anyway we had a long talk and she kinda whispered that if ham or turkey bacon wasn't a trigger food and make me gain to have it. She told me she was carb sensitive - I definitely am! She laughed that I ate 5 cape cod chips. I told her they were my carb- less than 50 cal. Seriously who eats 5 chips? ME!! The funny thing is they had lower carbs than the tasteless gluten free rice crisps I bought! That same weekend I also chose spicy hot cheetoes and portioned them out to be less than 50 cals. She said No No No! So on our next trip I need to tell DH to hide the bag because I love me some cheetoes!
CMB way to go with your weight loss! I didn't think I was going to lose at all since I weighed in later in day- was happily surprised.
Bought a new WW scale today.
Patzi I'm getting ready to brew some coffee and add sugar free French vanilla ID. Got a Keurig machine for My bday and love the special blends. Taste like dessert.
Sorry I'm gabby tonight! Ordered a bunch of stuff from Diet Direct last night - Protodiet pink lemonade, protein bars (will have to be careful) we r going to the beach for 10 days and I needed something so I'm not tempted to go crazy! My scales will be going in the motorhome!

Last edited by bigdog; 08-29-2014 at 07:52 PM.
Old 08-30-2014, 09:04 AM   #56  

Big Dog...

Great weight loss... You should be proud of yourself.. My friend told me she was told turkey bacon no good due to nitrates.. I eat turkey bacon as I eat no beef or pork. I don't eat loads of it, but like it cut up on a salad here and there and do like it with an egg white or egg beater omelet.

I am going away late September, and will order some bars and also some meal replacement shakes from Diet Direct, as where I am going they are not healthy eaters, and there is going to be many food challenges, so I have to be prepared.

Question... I order Bariwise Meal replacement Shakes , they come in Strawberry, Chocolate and Vanilla... I feel this is the equivalent to MRC.. If anyone uses any other meal replacement shakes that they like better, please advise. Strawberry flavor is new and delicious..I use these when I travel.

Also , on bars, which ones have you found from Diet Direct to be equal replacement to MRC..

I don't drink shakes and take bars, when I went on maintenance went to real foods, but when I am on a trip, the above are necessary, especially if food choices are not good ones..

Thanks for any advise before I order.

Bigdog, thanks for sharing all tips from counselor..I like hearing them, as the new menu is so different than what I had when I started Meta Slim .

Patzi
Old 08-30-2014, 08:36 PM   #57  

S/C/G: 216/216/140

Height: 4'11"

Well if I was on maintenance I'd be doing great. I've stayed the same for the last three weeks but given I've been on the road most of the month I should feel good that I haven't gained. I am done traveling for a couple months I should start to see some progress.

The owner of the center challenged me to see who could lose the largest percentage by September 15. I am competitive so I took on the challenge.

Hope everyone has a great weekend.
cmmnsnsfml is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 09:15 PM   #58  
Motivated Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by patzi View Post
Big Dog...

Great weight loss... You should be proud of yourself.. My friend told me she was told turkey bacon no good due to nitrates.. I eat turkey bacon as I eat no beef or pork. I don't eat loads of it, but like it cut up on a salad here and there and do like it with an egg white or egg beater omelet.

I am going away late September, and will order some bars and also some meal replacement shakes from Diet Direct, as where I am going they are not healthy eaters, and there is going to be many food challenges, so I have to be prepared.

Question... I order Bariwise Meal replacement Shakes , they come in Strawberry, Chocolate and Vanilla... I feel this is the equivalent to MRC.. If anyone uses any other meal replacement shakes that they like better, please advise. Strawberry flavor is new and delicious..I use these when I travel.

Also , on bars, which ones have you found from Diet Direct to be equal replacement to MRC..

I don't drink shakes and take bars, when I went on maintenance went to real foods, but when I am on a trip, the above are necessary, especially if food choices are not good ones..

Thanks for any advise before I order.

Bigdog, thanks for sharing all tips from counselor..I like hearing them, as the new menu is so different than what I had when I started Meta Slim .

Patzi
The counselor told me that if it's not a trigger food, then go ahead and eat it. She did whisper that so the other counselor didn't hear her. Lol! For me, turkey bacon is not something I wouldn't overdo on. My DH bought some chocolate Swiss rolls and Almond Joys last week. I put them on the bottom shelf so I couldn't see them and even turned the packages over so I wouldn't see them every time I opened the fridge. He's like where's my chocolate??!! Truly I could smack him sometimes and was imagining smashed Swiss rolls in. His face
Anyway, the Greek Activia or Dannon flavored yogurt 80 cal is my dessert and love the HNS double chocolate pudding. Pinterest and the website Emetabolic have so many great recipes so hope to substitute for all the bad choices I was making.
She did ask if I wanted to buy more drinks but just last week bought 5 boxes so said - I'm good! I'm using Syntrax Nectar, Protidiet Pink Lemonade and the Great Lakes powder. W crystal to supplement the HNSs.
Not sure how I'll tell them I won't be spending $$$$$ a month....
They are so slammed with business so hopefully they won't notice.
Patzi - the HNS products have the nutritional info on the website... I don't know if I saw the bars. I bought the variety pack from Diet Direct. $10 off. When I get them,I'm planning on cutting them in half for portion control. A lot of times - I just need a taste.
She did tell me for Fitness Pro to set it at 60 % protein,30% carbs, 10% fat

Everybody have a great holiday weekend and please keep sharing!!!
Old 08-31-2014, 09:14 AM   #59  

Bigdog...

Thanks so much.. Appreciate your input.. My friend, who joined when I did, was having a problem buying all the products due to a financial situation, and she told consultant, she had to buy minimum due to financial problems , so something on that line may work.

Patzi
Old 08-31-2014, 10:22 AM   #60  
Motivated Member

Wink

Last time I joined I told them I had already bought the protein powder in bulk and didn't realize I had to buy it from them and they just had me initial a waiver that there was no guarantee I'd lose 30 lbs in 10 weeks or whatever the special was.
I asked the lady Friday when I was going to be measured and she said I should have been the first day. So she did that then. The weird thing is they don't give you anything like your measurements or weight written down. I've been entering info in my notes on my iPhone by week.
This is a new center so a bit disorganized. After my preconditioning, I said, do I get a food journal and new menu. She's like oh yeah, thought I gave it to u!
When I was talking to the 2nd lady I asked her if I had everything I needed. Last time I joined, I was given more handouts and they even had copies of recipes. I think after vacation, I'll weigh in on a Saturday and go to the larger center to see if I'm missing anything. All of them comment that I'm not taking the 3 bottles of pills and I told them I can't take them.
(I did ask my doc and she said I'd prob lose faster but once I stopped taking them - would not so why get dependant on them)
I actually can justify the cost of HNS because I'm not buying beer, Chocolate, ice cream, fast food....
I did get a grilled chicken, apple salad from Burger King yesterday because I worked all day and didn't pack a lunch! I was looking at all the Oreo shakes, ice cream, etc and just shaking my head NO NO NO!