Old 08-20-2014, 06:04 PM   #31  
Motivated Member

S/C/G: 210/204/180

Height: 5'8"

Patzi
She gave me the precondition menu and when I go back Friday- I think I'll get the real menu and buy the HNSs at that time. It's unlimited veggies for snacks (their list) and ate a whole cucumber today for pre lunch snack sliced! I was full! Lol! That does make sense eliminating the starches esp in the beginning. Fruits have some carbs anyway.
I'm going to buy some HNSs clear and a box of creamy (for my nightly dessert)
Since the join fee was low, I budgeted for at least 1 month of drinks.
I know I lose more when I have 4 a day. What is their minimum requirement per day?
CMB! So glad u joined. Did u already get the real menu?
bigdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 07:43 PM   #32  

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdog View Post
Patzi
She gave me the precondition menu and when I go back Friday- I think I'll get the real menu and buy the HNSs at that time. It's unlimited veggies for snacks (their list) and ate a whole cucumber today for pre lunch snack sliced! I was full! Lol! That does make sense eliminating the starches esp in the beginning. Fruits have some carbs anyway.
I'm going to buy some HNSs clear and a box of creamy (for my nightly dessert)
Since the join fee was low, I budgeted for at least 1 month of drinks.
I know I lose more when I have 4 a day. What is their minimum requirement per day?
CMB! So glad u joined. Did u already get the real menu?
When I was losing weight, I had three HNS clear during the day and their hot chocolate for a creamy at night... Now on maintenance, I may have one a day, but when I am away I have more. I still like the hot chocolate at night. I buy mine from Diet Direct, as they have the Irish Creme , Amaretta , cinnamon and some real nice yummy flavors. On my new Metabolic More, it says 4 HNS , for maximum results. If I have a clear now, I mix it in the LaCroix coconut flavored sparkling water. It is so delicious and takes a craving away fast. Lacroix has many flavors, but mine is the coconut.
Patzi

Last edited by patzi; 08-20-2014 at 07:44 PM.
patzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 07:47 PM   #33  

Pinterest has some MRC recipes.. I noticed some are not, but the ones that are on program are really good.

Patzi
Old 08-20-2014, 08:00 PM   #34  
Motivated Member

Patzi
I will def. do 4 HNSs a day but you know me - I'm cheap!
I just want to buy the bare minimum from them to keep in good graces w them. Say for example I'll do one or two of theirs a day and supplement with my own. Diet Direct and Vitacost have a much better variety and was the key to my success last time. I used to eat this sugar free turtle caramel bar from diet direct that was 35 cal!
If u have the menu the link to the Pinterest and MRC recipes link is on there. If u don't see it - let me know and I'll post it.
I just mixed cottage cheese with my light lemon Greek yogurt and it is soooooo good!
Old 08-21-2014, 12:21 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 188/see ticker/135

Height: 5'6"

Yup BigDog, I bypassed preconditioning and went straight to the new menu.

Carla B.
cmb9697 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 12:49 PM   #36  

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmb9697 View Post
Yup BigDog, I bypassed preconditioning and went straight to the new menu.

Carla B.
Carla...

Do you like the new menu better than the old?

Patzi
Old 08-21-2014, 12:58 PM   #37  

This recipe I received from a friend of mine while I was losing weight and she was on South Beach Diet at the time.. I made these and they are great if you are in a hurry getting out the door for work. I use to have to fly lots, and I would heat up two of them, and eat them while I drove to airport along with my clear HNS..

Please change any of the ingredients listed to your new menu so you stay on program I would substiture the oniions , as they are not allowed on new menu . My favorite combo was tomato and zucchin or tomato and broccoli . Now I use fat free feta for the cheese, but don't see that mentioned on new menu.

Vegetable Quiche Cups To Go
Serves 6

Ingredients
1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach
3⁄4 cup liquid egg substitute
3⁄4 cup shredded reduced-fat cheese
1⁄4 cup diced green bell peppers
1⁄4 cup diced onions
3 drops hot-pepper sauce (optional)

Instructions
Microwave the spinach for 2 1/2 minutes on high. Drain the excess liquid.
Line a 12-cup muffin pan with foil baking cups. Spray the cups with cooking spray.

Combine the egg substitute, cheese, peppers, onions, and spinach in a bowl. Mix well. Divide evenly among the muffin cups. Bake at 350°F for 20 minutes, until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.

Quiche cups can be frozen and reheated in the microwave. Any combination of appropriate vegetables and reduced-fat cheeses may be used.

Nutritional Information:
77 calories
5 total fat (2 g sat, 3 g mono)
10 mg cholesterol
3 g carbohydrate
9 g protein
2 g fiber
160 mg sodium

Patzi

Last edited by patzi; 08-21-2014 at 12:59 PM.
Old 08-21-2014, 01:00 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 188/see ticker/135

Height: 5'6"

Patzi,

It's not all that different. It does have additional things, and it does simplify the proteins (got rid of the two groups), and I like how you can have fruit as a carb now.

Other than that, I see it as a worth while purchase, even if I don't add any of the new items to my repertoire. But at least I have all the tools available to me.
cmb9697 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 10:52 PM   #39  
Motivated Member

URL:http://www.emetabolic.com/community/...-berry-parfait

Some great recipes!!
Old 08-22-2014, 09:50 AM   #40  

Quote:
This is a good one. Thanks for sharing..

Patzi
Old 08-22-2014, 08:06 PM   #41  
Motivated Member

Woo hoo Hoo!! My first weigh in today and I lost 5 pounds!! And that was 3.5 days!! Started the diet Tuesday. Am so excited!!
Didn't feel deprived at all. I'm reflecting on all the fast food I've been eating, dessert every night...
Glad I'm back. The MRC center was packed but she took her time with me and for the first time ever I bought HNSs
Felt like a kid in the candy store!
I got one creamy (double choc pudding) and the rest clears (powder)
5 boxes for $55. She recommended 3 a day. I think min is 2 a day.
She allots 15 min for each appt. If I go later after 530 she ll have more time.
But this works out great because my work sched is crazy!
So I got the new menu and headed to my exercise bike to ride and read!
Old 08-23-2014, 09:31 AM   #42  

Quote:
Woo hoo Hoo!! My first weigh in today and I lost 5 pounds!! And that was 3.5 days!! Started the diet Tuesday. Am so excited!!
Didn't feel deprived at all. I'm reflecting on all the fast food I've been eating, dessert every night...
Glad I'm back. The MRC center was packed but she took her time with me and for the first time ever I bought HNSs
Felt like a kid in the candy store!
I got one creamy (double choc pudding) and the rest clears (powder)
5 boxes for $55. She recommended 3 a day. I think min is 2 a day.
She allots 15 min for each appt. If I go later after 530 she ll have more time.
But this works out great because my work sched is crazy!
So I got the new menu and headed to my exercise bike to ride and read!
Glad for you.... Nice weight loss to start your new challenge...

Patzi
Old 08-23-2014, 09:54 PM   #43  

S/C/G: 205/160/155

Height: 5' 7.5"

I think I'm about done with the weightloss portion of MRC. My body seems quite happy right here. I bounce between 157 and 160. So, now it's time to tighten up the muscles. I completed my favorite yoga routine tonight and was pleasantly surprised. I haven't done the routine (only 20 minutes) in probably a year. But, since I'm about 115 pounds lighter than late April 2013, it was so easy to jump right back into it. I can't wait to see some gorgeous muscle definition!

Do you have a weekly routine? How often do you work out?
AshleyRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 05:49 AM   #44  

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshleyRae View Post
I think I'm about done with the weightloss portion of MRC. My body seems quite happy right here. I bounce between 157 and 160. So, now it's time to tighten up the muscles. I completed my favorite yoga routine tonight and was pleasantly surprised. I haven't done the routine (only 20 minutes) in probably a year. But, since I'm about 115 pounds lighter than late April 2013, it was so easy to jump right back into it. I can't wait to see some gorgeous muscle definition!

Do you have a weekly routine? How often do you work out?
With my schedule, I only have time to walk . I walk each night, 7 days a week briskly for one hour.. Wish I had time to go to gym, but for now, schedule does not permit it. I walked and did gym twice a week while losing weight and when time permits will go back to the gym..

Patzi
Old 08-25-2014, 12:26 PM   #45  
Beware the Harpie

S/C/G: 225.4/ticker/145

Height: 5' 5"

So I did MRC last fall, and had a good experience. I ended up gaining the 20lbs back over the course of 2014. I did pretty well initially, but the stress of the spring semester just sort of did me in. I was doing really well up through about April, then just abandoned all reason.

I am going to do MRC on my own (still have my menus) and I purchased HNS through Diet Direct today. My goal is to lose 30lbs by the end of the year.

In January I will be making a huge move to Ireland to be with my boyfriend. I will be walking much more, and be less likely to go out to eat. Food is more expensive there, so I will be cooking more and planning more. Anyway... I will be using this group to keep me accountable. Will update my tracker, et. al. tomorrow after I weigh in.

Anyway, good luck to everyone here and I'm looking forward to getting back to my Christmas weight from last year (and lower).
CelticHarpie is offline   Reply With Quote