Old 07-08-2012, 06:19 PM   #61  

S/C/G: 192.5/175/160

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlpnebraska View Post
I'm wondering if this works. . . . so if you've tried it, let me know please -

I've cheated twice this week, once at a 4th of July party and last night at a wedding. At the party I had several bites of homemade vanilla ice cream and homemade red velvet ice cream and then a taste of cherry pie and another of raspberry lemonade bars. The calico beans called my name and also the cheesy potatoes (only a few teaspoons of each). At the wedding I had a few steamed carrots in with other safe veggies, some mashed potatoes, and a piece of wedding cake with a few nuts.

After eating, I feel pretty guilty (not to mention, weak), so the two days after the 4th I ate on the Metaquick plan and am doing it today. Do you think that this actually helps get back on plan or is it just helping to ease my conscience? I don't have a scale at home, so don't really know if I gained after my cheats, but don't know if Metaquick helps either. I had tried it for two days over a week ago trying to break a plateau and it didn't really speed anything up then.

It's amazing that we cheat on things that don't really taste that good. I guess that they just look good after seeing mounds of chicken and vegetables! The red velvet wedding cake was not worth eating, but I ate the whole piece, greasy frosting and all. Today I say, YUCK!!
I think it does help to do Metaquick after eating off plan - at least to get you back on track (and chug a lug the water as Bigdog would say!) I am in the same boat as you today...........went out for Mexican food last night and instead of getting the salad with grilled chicken like I planned I had chicken enchiladas It was so not worth it! My stomach feels horrible today, plus they did not even taste that good.
faerychic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 01:27 PM   #62  

S/C/G: 211/211/140

Height: 5'2

I went to go WI last Thursday and I was down 4.5lbs! I was so excited! I am trying my best to follow this plan to the "T" I also get motivated by watching "Extreme Makeover Weightloss Edition" I love that show. Congrats on the losses ladies, keep it up!
LolaBunni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 03:46 PM   #63  

S/C/G: 199/178/145

Height: 5' 7"

Per my home scale, I have lost 19 lbs. Hoo-ray!

I was naughty this weekend and had wine...couldn't help it; I had a craving that had to be satisfied. It was wonderful, but I know I can't make a habit out of it. Unlike chips and cake, I did not feel guilty the next day but just knew I had to eat super clean and it worked!

Also, just bought a new car today. Stressful and exciting!!!
sonnyrae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 04:07 PM   #64  

Height: 5' 5"

WI today and was up a pound. My counselor wasn't concerned while I was bummed. She said I lost so much at the last WI, my body caught up with it and basically balanced it out. I've been spot on with my eating and I've run 3 times in the past week. Just gotta keep chugging along, I guess.
JenB72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 04:11 PM   #65  

S/C/G: 261/199/160

Height: 5ft 1"

Just wanted to thank everyone for listening to me whine for the last week and a half about the scale not moving.. I stayed on track, even went to the mountains ,stayed on OP best I could and the scale finally moved today.. Whew!!! Hopefully the momentum keeps going for a while and I promise no more whining!

I got my first 10lb stone and I've lost 13.5 inches total in about 2.5 weeks OP (not counting preconditioning)... super exciting.. although to be honest I don't "feel" the loss.

@JenB keep on chugging!
@sonnyrae- congrats on the total loss and new car!!!
@lolabunni- congrats!!!
anjy99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 06:09 PM   #66  

S/C/G: 250/225.5/167

Height: 5'7"

Today is my official start date after going to the food education meeting last Friday. I ate on plan Saturday & Sunday and lost two pounds since Friday and 6 pounds when I originally signed-up (pre-conditioning). Needless to say, I'm pretty thrilled.

I look forward to getting to know everyone & getting healthy along the way!
Simi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 08:22 PM   #67  

S/C/G: 314/see ticker/165

Height: 5'4"

WI today and lost a pound, I also got my 2 week OP measurements, I have lost 15 pounds since my consultation and 14 3/4 inches in the last 2 weeks. good motivation to keep on going!
aw82797 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 09:17 PM   #68  

S/C/G: 250/225.5/167

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by aw82797 View Post
WI today and lost a pound, I also got my 2 week OP measurements, I have lost 15 pounds since my consultation and 14 3/4 inches in the last 2 weeks. good motivation to keep on going!
That's fantastic!! Congrats!!
Simi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 09:32 PM   #69  

sonnyrae - We started MRC at about the same time and you're kicking my butt! Way to go! Do you exercise? Drink lots of HNS each day? Do tell!

It sounds like everyone is doing great on program! All I know is that it's a good thing that there isn't another holiday coming for quite a while! Or wedding. Or birthday (other than my own, but I can control what we eat at my party!).

JenB - Don't be bummed. You have lost so much weight! You should be proud of yourself and be happy that you are still losing. I'm guessing that have lowered your goal since you are still going to weigh in and are worried about the scale.

faerychic - I went back to the green menu from Metaquick. I was starving while I was on Metaquick and I wonder if my body was going into starvation mode or feeling like it was stressed because I don't think that the scale was moving. I'll give it some food and see what happens. I have found that I have to stay away from restaurants because everything looks good, whether it tastes good or not, and my plans for sensible eating go out the window.

I don't remember who said in their post that it takes 21 days to form a habit. I've been on program for more than 21 days and I think that I could go back to my old way of eating. So I'm guessing that it takes more days for us junk food junkies! But let's keep at it, everyone. Here's to will power!!
jlpnebraska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 09:53 PM   #70  

S/C/G: 314/see ticker/165

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simi View Post
That's fantastic!! Congrats!!
Thanks
aw82797 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 10:48 PM   #71  

S/C/G: 199/178/145

Height: 5' 7"

[QUOTE=jlpnebraska;4399685]sonnyrae - We started MRC at about the same time and you're kicking my butt! Way to go! Do you exercise? Drink lots of HNS each day? Do tell!

QUOTE]

I don't know, but I'm staying mostly on-plan. Adult beverages are my weakness, but I don't use sugary mixers. I walk a lot but not anything else major. I play volleyball once a week and I swim/play with my daughter in the pool 2-3 times a week as well. I guess it adds up! Winter is tough for me though, since I don't have the pool and there's no volleyball. I'll have to come up with a plan before it gets cold (hard to believe that will ever happen right now!).

I go to the farmer's market every weekend for fresh veggies and fruit that I love also. Maybe it's the pesticide free food?
sonnyrae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 07:55 AM   #72  

S/C/G: 215, 191, 145

Height: 5'7

Can any one explain to me Ketosis and how you get into this mode?
sballchic2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 08:26 AM   #73  

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sballchic2 View Post
Can any one explain to me Ketosis and how you get into this mode?
Basically, it's when you are burning fat for fuel instead of carbs. I found this explanation over at about.com. You can Google Ketosis and a million websites will pop up explaining it better than I could.

Ketosis is a natural process that occurs when fats are converted into energy by the body -- usually when there is not enough glucose (carbohydrates) to provide for the body's energy needs. Instead, the fat is broken down into energy, and "ketone bodies" are the molecular by-products of this metabolic process.

Ketosis may occur during fasting, after an extended period of exercise, or when a high-fat/low carb diet is followed. It can also happen during an illness when nausea and/or vomiting make it difficult to keep food down.

Ketosis in and of itself is not a harmful process and occurs among diabetics and non-diabetics.

However, when ketone levels become excessively high, a condition known as diabetic ketoacidosis, aka DKA, can occur.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aw82797 View Post
Woohoo!!!! Congrats on moving into the 200's!!!! Definitely something to be proud of.

Last edited by JenB72; 07-10-2012 at 08:28 AM.
JenB72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 10:49 AM   #74  

Hi...
I had maintenance weigh in today and maintained. I am back to 5 pounds under goal.. I will now go off green menu and back to maintenance..

Patzi
patzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 12:49 PM   #75  

S/C/G: 261/199/160

Height: 5ft 1"

congrats aw82797!!
anjy99 is offline   Reply With Quote