Old 07-29-2012, 01:07 PM   #181  

S/C/G: 202/189.6/155

Height: 5'8 1/2''

Well my week of pre-conditioning is nearly over (as of tomorrow). I had some tough times and still morning are rough for me. I feel very weak and "unstable" in the mornings but usually by about 11am or so I'm feeling better and remain that way for the rest of the day.

I've lost nearly 6lbs as of this morning!

I am nervous for tomorrow's menu (the green one) because it's even less food and I worry that my mornings will be even rougher. I am looking forward to the protein drinks, so maybe that will help my shakes in the morning.

I will also say I'm not crazy for how MRC does business. They're very elusive and do not like to be forthright with answering questions. My counselor is all smiles and sunshine until I start asking specific questions...then her facial expression changes and she gets that "put upon" look. Oh well, I can deal with that...I'M LOSING WEIGHT!

I feel as though I wasted my money with the hormone test. Another area where my counselor was rather deceptive. It's called a saliva swab, but it's anything but! What you have to do is far more than just swabbing your saliva! And since I'm losing weight, what's the point of the hormone test now? I wish I would have forgone that and saved my money, it's not like my menu changes based on the results of my hormone test. But done is done.

Looking forward to next week even if I am a bit nervous about the menu. My counselor said I'll stay on the green menu the entire time, but from reading here and other places, it seems people move THROUGH menus. Is my counselor being evasive yet again?
Jen34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 01:25 PM   #182  

S/C/G: 191/184/135

Height: 5'3"

I am on the green menu of the Meta-Slim, so I just looked and I can have 4 oz cooked along with a protein. The problem is that I need to be more prepared if I am going to have cooked veggies. When lunchtime comes, I guess I need to have some meals prepared that I can just heat up. It kinda seems a little different to me to eat a "hot" lunch, especially in the summer! Any simple suggestions that I would be OK eating pretty much every day would be much appreciated!
NewYearsBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 03:07 PM   #183  

I took a six month vacation from MRC and I'm back! I just made Ranch dressing using the packet of HVR and yogurt, it was great I liked it so much better than the cottage cheese.
boxer lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 03:35 PM   #184  

S/C/G: 189.5 / 145.5 / 140

Height: 5' 4"

Jen34 - I was on the yellow menu for days 1-4 and then blue for 5-10, and after that I started green. My starting weight wasn't that far from yours and my goal isn't also, so I'm not sure why you would be on green only. I have found that depending on the counsler, I learn different things almost every WI. It's pretty strange, but I am losing weight.
rwquilts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 03:36 PM   #185  

S/C/G: 189.5 / 145.5 / 140

Height: 5' 4"

NewYearsBaby - I have a microwave vegetable steamer that only take 2-3 minutes and works great for me.
rwquilts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 05:43 PM   #186  

S/C/G: 192.5/163.4/160

Height: 5'8"

New years baby, you could cook some veggies and marinate them in your salad dressing for a cold salad on the go. Then you could work just a bit of regular green salad in. Truthfully, I think you are going to find this tough if you don't like salad. And how will you ever keep it off? Maybr try experimenting with salad dressings that might make it all more palatable to you?
camaswa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 09:50 AM   #187  

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwquilts View Post
Jen34 - I was on the yellow menu for days 1-4 and then blue for 5-10, and after that I started green. My starting weight wasn't that far from yours and my goal isn't also, so I'm not sure why you would be on green only. I have found that depending on the counsler, I learn different things almost every WI. It's pretty strange, but I am losing weight.
Well, I see you're 4 1/2 inches shorter than me, so maybe that's why. Maybe the BMI was different due to the height difference and that accounts for the menu. It would be nice if they'd explain the different menus and why a particular one is chosen for one person and a different for another. I'm just a curious soul like that...I like to have all the information I can get when I can get it.
Old 07-30-2012, 10:10 AM   #188  

S/C/G: 191/184/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwquilts View Post
NewYearsBaby - I have a microwave vegetable steamer that only take 2-3 minutes and works great for me.
Thanks ! I like that idea. I am the type of person who just needs a routine and stick with it. Same breakfast, same lunch, mix it up at dinner. I have my breakfast down pat: microwave egg on a piece of 35 cal toast, a cheese stick and a cup of decaf coffee. I'm going to just have to find the right meal that appeals to me for lunch and I'll be set!

Yesterday I went to the cookbook and make a cucumber and tomato salad - I'll try it today after melding flavors all night - hopefully it is a hit!
NewYearsBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 02:47 PM   #189  

S/C/G: 261/199/160

Height: 5ft 1"

newyearsbaby- I don't know if this is true or not, but my counselor said that if you eat the same thing all the time, your body gets used to it and becomes more efficient at metabolizing it. You actually burn more calories when there is lots of variety in your diet. I was losing very slow.. and was eating eggs/toast and salad everyday and they told me to switch it up, so I started adding yogurt and fish, more steak, etc and the scale has moved a little faster now.. but who knows.. could just be coincidence.
anjy99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 03:16 PM   #190  

S/C/G: 199/178/145

Height: 5' 7"

Just came back from a three day weekend in Minneapolis with a friend. While I wasn't completely on-plan, I stayed away from carbs/sugar for meals. I did eat a lot of nuts and feel like I had too much salt/fat. I'm back to regular menu and drinking a lot of water. I didn't even get on the scale yet for fear of weight gain. I feel like I just stayed the same, which isn't great either.

Next week will be a real challenge, as we are heading to the lake for a week. We are renting a lake house and will be cooking most of our meals, so I just need to plan accordingly.

I know there are a few of you guys that went on camping/river/lake trips, what did you all eat?
sonnyrae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 04:39 PM   #191  

S/C/G: 234.5/158/165

Hey, Sonnyrae!

I camp quite a bit and just got back from Yellowstone. For me, eggs and toast (40 cal bread) on the campstove or fruit and yogurt for breakfast... For lunch, salads with turkey or grilled chicken breast or turkey burgers. Dinner, we'd do salad or steamed veggies and turkey burgers or grilled chicken kabobs (chicken, green peppers, squash, etc... on the kabobs). String cheese also does well in the cooler along with some fruits in Tupperware containers (i.e. blueberries and strawberries)... I LOVED campfire cooking... everything just seems to taste better!

I also did turkey hot dogs, which weren't on plan but didn't cause me to gain, so I kept them.

Just make sure you plan your meals, drink lots of water, take your HNSs and have a great time!
rachels77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 05:30 PM   #192  

Day one of the HNS drinks and so far, I am not enjoying them at all. Any tips on the best ones (I've had the Pomegranate, Green Tea/Cran, and Chicken Broth)? I have to have all clear until Friday.

I'm beginning to understand why this diet works, because you don't WANT to eat anything on this plan! LOL. Just jokes.

But really, if there are good tasting HNSs, I'd love to know which ones they are.
Old 07-30-2012, 05:31 PM   #193  

Also, I felt bad for a couple of the ladies who were in the food plan class. Both of them stated they detest flavored drinks of any kind. This will be a tough program for them...hope to see them again so I can find out how they're coping with these HNSs.
Old 07-30-2012, 07:30 PM   #194  

S/C/G: 192.5/175/160

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jen34 View Post
Day one of the HNS drinks and so far, I am not enjoying them at all. Any tips on the best ones (I've had the Pomegranate, Green Tea/Cran, and Chicken Broth)? I have to have all clear until Friday.

I'm beginning to understand why this diet works, because you don't WANT to eat anything on this plan! LOL. Just jokes.

But really, if there are good tasting HNSs, I'd love to know which ones they are.
I think it's just personal preference as to what HNS's taste better. They all have a funky taste to me.

Here are the ones I like: grape, mixed berry, blue raspberry, wild berry, pink lemonade and cran/grape. Hot chocolate is good too.

HATE the green tea. Also don't like the choc or vanilla puddings. The cream of chicken soup is okay.

With the concentrates I mix with minimal water and just drink them like a shot.

Just my 2 cents
faerychic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 09:39 PM   #195  

Quote:
Originally Posted by faerychic View Post
I think it's just personal preference as to what HNS's taste better. They all have a funky taste to me.

Here are the ones I like: grape, mixed berry, blue raspberry, wild berry, pink lemonade and cran/grape. Hot chocolate is good too.

HATE the green tea. Also don't like the choc or vanilla puddings. The cream of chicken soup is okay.

With the concentrates I mix with minimal water and just drink them like a shot.

Just my 2 cents
I appreciate the .02! I hate the green tea too...ICK! But hey, I hate being fat more right?

Thanks!