Old 07-13-2012, 04:37 PM   #91  

S/C/G: 173.5 / see ticker / 150

Height: 5' 6.5''

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simi View Post
@ Melissa -- have you tried using a blender bottle to mix up those powders? We use the ones that comes with a metal ball that looks like the working end of a wire wisk. Works great on powders. The non-MRC protein drink I like is called Nectar, which has 0 grams of fat & carbs & 3/4 of a scoop has 17 grams of protein or a full scoop for 23 grams of protein. The same company also makes a protein shake called Matrix, but I don't recall all the nutritional info on it.

I will give it a try. I am just weird about powders...lol
melissab617 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 04:59 PM   #92  

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sots mom View Post
I am stressed beyond my limits. And these are thing that are beyond my control. I am eating things I shouldn't be and didn't even go weigh in this week. How do you deal with stress that comes from things you have no control over? I know I am derailing, and I feel helpless. Someone kick me in the pants please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I just went through two months of this (complete with a round of job layoffs at my work). There were some days I just wanted to cry, literally. You will know when you are ready. When I finally hit my point, I walked back into my center and explained what was going on. They were very sympathetic and it took 3 different visits, but they got me back on the right path. The other thing that helped me was ACTIVELY posting on this forum again. These ladies are the best. I found the more I participated, the more inclined I would be to stay on track.
JenB72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 08:00 PM   #93  

S/C/G: 199/178/145

Height: 5' 7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jolly Green Bran View Post
I completely agree. I have to get up 1 sometimes 2 times a night because Im chugging so much water. As a result, I am completely drained. Hopefully our bodies get used to it soon so its not an issue...

Sonnyrae- are you getting some light exercise in everyday? I find that even taking a couple of breaks throughout the day and going on 15-min walks really help.
I do get in short walks during the day. I weighed in today and my blood pressure was pretty low (100/60), but I'm always on the low end anyway. I don't know what's up, but I'll give it a couple more days.
sonnyrae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 09:04 AM   #94  

S/C/G: 314/see ticker/165

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simi View Post

@ sonnyrae -- Thanks for your review on the chocolate pudding. I've been avoiding it since the hot cocoa drink got poor reviews when they changed the recipe/manufacturer. I wouldn't mind a nice splurge of pudding.
I do not like the hot cocoa, vanilla pudding is ok, but I do like the chocolate pudding, I mix it a little thick & it reminds me of eating brownie batter
aw82797 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 09:24 AM   #95  

S/C/G: 250/225.5/167

Height: 5'7"

@aw82797-- sounds like chocolate pudding will be in my future if it reminds you of brownie batter.

I, too, suffer from getting up a couple of times in the night to go pee. As such, I'm a bit sleepier in the mornings than usual. Does anyone have a plan of when they stop drinking at night to help prevent this? I was thinking of not drinking any huge amount of water after 7 or 8 PM (and just take a little sip if I do get thirsty). Don't know if this will work or if I should just keep drinking water as usual.
Simi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 09:50 AM   #96  

Hi...
I am on maintenance and have to get up a couple of times at night for the bathroom.. I still drink, most of the times, one HNS daytime and a Decaf. Capuccino at night.. When I was away I was drinking 4 HNS and was going to bathroom all day and during night..

Patzi
patzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 09:46 PM   #97  

S/C/G: 210/180/125

Height: 5'

Hey friends, quick question. I am going to buy more HSN's tomorrow. I know they are $13 each, and 10 for $100, but is there a deal for 5 boxes?
Nyght is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 09:48 PM   #98  

S/C/G: 192.5/175/160

Height: 5'8"

5 for $55
faerychic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 11:58 PM   #99  

S/C/G: 192.5/163.4/160

Faerychic!!!! How are you doing? Just noticed your stats and how close you are getting. How are you feeling about things now?
camaswa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 08:19 AM   #100  

Hi all,

I am new to the group and MRC. I am in the preconditioning phase until Wednesday or Thursday. I am over 40 and tired of being heavy and tired!
I have 100 lbs to lose.
humptydumptynomore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 08:22 AM   #101  

S/C/G: 210/180/125

Height: 5'

Thank you faerychic.
Nyght is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 08:57 AM   #102  

S/C/G: 314/see ticker/165

Height: 5'4"

welcome humptydumptynomore!

ok I have cheated to much lately, I've still been losing but I feel so bad after cheating. so the only option is not to do it at all, gotta get back to that point one day at a time is all i can do, today will be a good day!
aw82797 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 11:04 AM   #103  
Started Aug 2010

S/C/G: 263/150/195

Height: 5'5"

Hey all,

Has anyone heard whether they've fixed the flavor of the cocoa yet? I am about out of the Wonderslim cocoa I had ordered from DietDirect, but I really liked the old MRC cocoa better.

I used to get the ProtiDiet cocoa when I would order from online, but I was worried about ordering a bunch and having it be gross, since I"m pretty sure that's the cocoa that MRC used (they tasted exactly the same). I really prefer the ProtiDiet/MRC (old version) cocoa even to the Wonderslim.

Has anyone had the ProtiDiet cocoa lately, either?
teacherlady79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 12:26 PM   #104  

S/C/G: 192.5/163.4/160

Quote:
Originally Posted by aw82797 View Post
welcome humptydumptynomore!

ok I have cheated to much lately, I've still been losing but I feel so bad after cheating. so the only option is not to do it at all, gotta get back to that point one day at a time is all i can do, today will be a good day!
Angela, I have said many times over that this plan is not for the faint of heart. It's really not easy to stay 100% on, at least in my experience. I think the important thing is to try to figure out why you are eating off plan. Are you bored, exhausted, feeling deprived, etc. or are you really truly hungry? if its the latter, your counselor mAy be able to help you adjust things a bit so you are not starved. She also may be able to help you identify what other reasons may be pushing you over the edge. I just hate that feeling of white-knuckling it . And feeling bad about yourself is not going to help. Good luck.
camaswa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 02:10 PM   #105  

S/C/G: 192.5/175/160

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaswa View Post
Faerychic!!!! How are you doing? Just noticed your stats and how close you are getting. How are you feeling about things now?
Honestly I have been frustrated and disappointed since starting the stabilization process. My center was unaware that there is a different stabilization plan for metabalance so I have wasted 2 weeks trying to follow the meta slim stabilzation menu (which did not make any sense to me!). Now that they are aware of it they still need to be trained so I am really not getting any guidance from them. I also question whether or not I have been following the correct metabalance plan for this last few weeks- they put me on Level 1 which seems like too much food (calories total between 1400-1500). I have been at the same weight for 3 weeks (actually was up a pound on Sat.) I decided I would go back to the old metabalance menu servings and incorporate the new food choices. I am on week 2 of stabilization now (re-started when I got the correct menu), but like I said not getting much guidance which is a bummer

How's it going for you? I see you have re-adjusted your goal weight. I am rooting for you
faerychic is offline   Reply With Quote