Closed Thread

Old 11-01-2011, 05:27 PM   #16  

Candi...
I am so proud of you.. What a fantastic accomplishment. Be real proud of yoursel, Candi.. You have come a long way and you have worked the program and received wonderful results.What an inspiration you are.

Jen..Congrats on nomination, and wishing you good luck.

nwcgina..
Welcome... The diet is the best and does work. I wish you the best of luck in your challenge.

Patzi
Old 11-01-2011, 07:55 PM   #17  

Awesome job, Candi!!! It's stories like yours that gave me the courage to try MRC!!

I heard the first 10 days are the hardest. Are those hard days once you start on program or preconditioning? Today's preconditioning was a little harder than I thought it would be. I think early in the day I didn't do enough protein (was still eating in proportion to what I was eating when I also ate like 10 servings of carbs a day plus candy But I made it through. Heading to the gym to walk and lift weights with a friend.
Old 11-01-2011, 07:55 PM   #18  
Motivated Member

S/C/G: 210/204/180

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenB72 View Post
You know I will!

Actually, had something pretty cool happen at my WI on Saturday. My center is involved in a contest with the other centers in our area (8 total). They want me to be their representative and enter me in the contest of Before & After pictures w/a testimonial! As soon as they heard about the contest, the counselor I see the most yells, "I got Jennifer!" LOL The prize is $100 Visa gift card to the counselor & one to the client. Even if I don't win, I feel so honored that they would want me to represent them.
that's fantastic!! see you even motivate the Center! :-)
Old 11-01-2011, 08:01 PM   #19  
Motivated Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluffy in Florida View Post
I've already been scoping out some of the recipes. I love to cook so this has been great with trying new recipes. Even have my husband cooking most of the time during the week for dinner. I want to take some stuff with me to dinner with my parents that will make them wonder if it's OP or not lol

If its the same Oster I bought don't bother. (The one with the neon color bottle) After having to return mine for not sealing and blowing liquid every where, I did some research and they don't last long at all. I took mine back and got and off brand one like the magic bullet or whatever its called. I love it. It has 6 large containers, a small one, 2 types of blades and caps for drinking out of it and lids. It has come in so handy.

One of my favorite drinks for lunch is frozen peaches, vanilla protein, water and peach mango HNS. mmmmm good I did read your post on the snickerdoodles and will definitely have to try them.
good to know!...what off brand did you get and where did you get it? i just saw the ad in my fitness mag and thought it looked good but if it leaks, forget about it! yikes! i was just thinking about peaches today...that sounds wonderful!
Old 11-01-2011, 08:12 PM   #20  
Motivated Member

Default Fitness Pal

Ok, i'm hooked on journaling! Fitness Pal is loaded on my blackberry and i have access to it on computer. it is the easiest food and exercising tracker i have ever used! has everything in it even restaurant meals so no more guessing. figures out protein, cal., fat, carbs. and it's free, woo hoo! of course w/ MRC diet, the carbs are way low and the protein is way high but that's good! will even give you a prediction "if you eat this way every day" you will be at ____lbs in 5 weeks. very very cool. i'm like a kid w/ a new toy
Old 11-01-2011, 08:27 PM   #21  
April 29, 2011

S/C/G: 158/111.0/120

Height: 5'0"

Candi:
That is AMAZING! YEAH FOR YOU!!! I bet that smile is still on your face

Jen-Congrats on being selected for the contest-that is an honor to be chosen to represent your whole center!

Patzi: Thank you for continuing to share your journey through maintenance with us!

I WI today and was down a pound (but I had gained a 1/2 at my last WI). So, I am 4 pounds under goal. Would still like to get that one more pound to make it a 5 lb buffer, but may just have to be happy with 4 for now! I have enjoyed the first 5 weeks of stabilization and guess I'll be "on my own" in another week and a half!

Hang in there, ladies! This program works and is sooo worth it when you get to start adding back in those foods you've been without.
Elizabeth
Old 11-01-2011, 09:51 PM   #22  
Motivated Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkmd27 View Post
diet direct has the hot drinks (chocolates, etc.), powdered HNS and puddings on sale this week
i got the hot cocoa (large size 17.6 oz) Protidiet brand...it is soooooo good~! i mix it w/ my lite coffee (half caffeine) warmed me up today!
Old 11-01-2011, 09:53 PM   #23  
Motivated Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rzrbackcandi View Post
Hey gang!

I'll just get right to it, if you couldn't already tell by the title.. I signed the 100lb Board this morning!!. I'm really at a loss for words. Which is very rare for me. But I don't quite know what to say or what to do. This weeked, I bought a couple 1x tops, so that's down from a 4/5x and a pair of size 12 jeans!! Which I've gone from a 24 to a 12!!!

Jen: Congrats on the nomination and Good Luck!! And I'm kind of with you on the goal thing. My weight loss has slowed down quite a bit but I'm still losing. My goal right now is just to get through my mom's final foot surgery in Pensacola, which we will be down there from November 13-23 and probably on the road on the 24th so I won't be tempted by anything bad and then Christmas.

Patzi: Glad to see you're right back where you want to be. Sorry your tummy got messed up and hopefully everything is back to normal.

Fluffy: I had to buy a few new tops this weekend. But I shopped the clearance racks, so it wasn't too bad. A few ladies at the center have told me about consignment shops in the area so I'm going to try to take my things there and also pick up a few things.

nwcgina: Welcome to the group! Just stick with the program.. it DOES work!

I have to figure out how I'm going to work today. I'm SO hyped! Oh, and I've started a 2nd job. I'll be working part time at Hobby Lobby. I used to work there in Overland Park, KS and loved it. My mom's car broke down, so I'm going to try to save up money and help her buy a new car or at least a nice used car. I may not be around too often, but will try to pop in, when I can.

Hope everyone has a great week!
Congratulations!!!!! wooo hooo! you are such an inspiration to us all!!
Old 11-01-2011, 10:02 PM   #24  
Motivated Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamikl View Post
WOW!!! Congratulations to you, Candi!!!!!! You are amazing

You know, you all seem to be doing fantastic, and I really am not, ladies. My motivation is low at the moment, and I just keep messing up. Tomorrow is my WI and I really don't want to go. I feel disappointed in myself, and not sure how to get out of this slump that I am in. The reality is that I am pretty weak when it comes to food, and while I make mostly good choices, it isn't enough.

Some days I feel so strong...and then it seems like a couple of mess ups can really make or break a WI success....

Well, today is OP and I will just keep on taking it "one day at a time."

ps...Patzi, Jen, and Candi??? Would you suggest a temporary "maintenance" time for me? Just thinking that maybe I need a change at this point in my journey, and then get back on the weightloss again after the holidays? My plan is to lose 12 more pounds, then go on Stabilization/Maintenance no matter what. I would so appreciate your insights.....
can you talk to your counselor and see what they advise? i'm so happy to get into the clothes in my closet, that i seem to be getting comfortable w/ the 20 lbs i lost but then look at everyone's else's success and realize i can keep going and get another 15 off. that's what i did all the time, i'd get to goal weight and would be so thrilled and go right back to my old habits and gain it all again. every single time. so anyway i have to keep on going but the only way is w/ variety and trying new OP foods so i don't give up :-) you can do it, we all know you can.
Old 11-02-2011, 12:30 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 202/196.5/151

Height: 5'5"

Default Day 5 and feeling Great!

Hi Everyone,
I am new so please forgive me if I don't use proper board etiquette. I am so excited! I signed up on Thursday and started Friday. I dropped 5.5 on my WI on Monday! It has been difficult, I had to cut caffeine out which has been the hardest part. Here I am on day 2 of NO caffeine and I am doin' alright. I am still on preconditioning, but so far I have confidence that I am going to make it.
I haven't told many people that I've signed up, actually only 2 people. So maybe I'll come here more often to share this journey with everyone. You all are rocking the weight-loss!
Old 11-02-2011, 08:12 AM   #26  

linzbear-glad to have someone else that is starting the journey about the same time! I am on day 2 of preconditioning. I have to admit I was hungry yesterday, but I am sure that will get much better. I'm excited that there are so many successful people around here to learn from! Like you, I haven't told many people...my parents (who are also starting it), hubby, and a weight loss buddy (we tried to lose together last year...she lost 25+, I lost 5 and went back and forth with the same 5 all year).
Old 11-02-2011, 10:27 AM   #27  
This is the Last Time!

S/C/G: 172/*ticker*/115

Height: 5'2"

Congrats to all the great losses. I am gearing up to get back on program. I got my shakes in the mail yesterday. The "fuzzy navel" is pretty good, but I have yet to try the chocolate. I can't wait. I need to get some chicken soup and I'll be good to go.

Can someone please email me the documents with the menus and such? I posted in the thread about it but I haven't seen anything. I keep checking Spam wondering if it's gone there, but I can't find it. My email is rockistoffer at gmail dot com.

Thanks everyone! Happy Hump Day!

Last edited by Rocki; 11-02-2011 at 10:27 AM.
Old 11-02-2011, 10:59 AM   #28  
Started March 26, 2011

S/C/G: 328/228/199

Height: 5'9"

Yes, the smile is still on my face. I went out for a walk yesterday about an hour after my weigh in and I actually teared up thinking about 100lbs! They were definitely happy tears but wiped them away and held my head up high! Now I'm on the downhill slope of my weight loss journey but at the same time, feel like I'm climbing a tall mountain to the rest of my HEALTHY life! It feels FANTASTIC!

Tamikl: There have been times that I have felt miserable about myself and unsure at weigh in's, not from cheating but just not feeling like I was losing any weight and the last 5 weeks, I've only lost 1-2lbs when I was losing 3-5. My counselors made me take a look at the big picture.. which was - I was still losing weight and inches. Then they would point out the block of rubber fat they have on the counters and say - you have lost 10 of those or whatever the number was at the time. I know I've heard people say that Life happens and that's why they fall off the wagon and stop "dieting" but with this program I have learned... This is my Life... I will be eating healthier for the rest of my life and I will look better and feel better every morning I wake up. As for your "maintenance" through the holidays, I'm not sure I would use the holidays as a crutch to eat more or make bad choices. Because then everyday might become a holiday. I know you're close to your goal weight and I think I would keep on going through the holidays. I'm afraid if you stop now and you end up gaining through the holidays, you may fall completely off the wagon and then will you really come back? I don't know?? I hope that doesn't sound mean but I really want to see you succeed and be happy.

Fluffy: Yes, going all the way to Florida. She is going to the Andrews Orthopedic Institute in Gulf Breeze. The surgeon she had up here really messed up her feet. And I'm used to the crazy Florida weather. I used to live in Orlando for 12 years. My dad lives in Pensacola, so he gives me weather updates, too

nwcgina: Preconditioning was hard for me. I was on it for 9 days before I got my regular menu. That 2nd day with no caffeine, I thought I was going to hurt someone! But I have been caffeine free since March! I don't even drink decaf things. It's water all day along with my HNS. In the beginning, I was drinking decaf iced tea but then found out that if I drink a glass of tea, I would have to add to my water intake... figured it would be best for me to just drink water. But everyone is different!

linzbear329: Welcome to the group! I wasn't sure how many people I was going to tell in the beginning. It started out with just family and a couple close friends. Then I came on here and it made me feel liberated in some way that I could talk about my weight and feel comfortable about it. So, I made the decision to post it on my facebook page... a HUGE story of the beginning of my weight loss.. even down to the details of how much I weighed! Never thought I would ever tell anyone what my real weight was.. 328 was not a pretty number. You would not believe the responses I got... all of support and love and people wanting me to post every week. Now I post a new pic when I sign the boards or get new measurements and my friends even want me to make something to send to them to be a part of my journey. I'm a crafter/sewer - so I think we've decided on hot pads and I'm going to embroider "Team C - 100+ Club" on them. Again, everyone is different. But it has been a wonderful experience for me to be so open with everything, which I kinda used to be with things but never anything like this. Definitely a NEW me.

Ok - I think I've gone on long enough. If you made it to the end of this post, give yourself a pat on the back

Have a great day everyone!
Old 11-02-2011, 12:37 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 254.8/254.8/160

Height: 5'7"

Hi all - so I'm new. Sort of. I had tremendous success with MRC in the past, and now post-baby, etc etc etc here I am! I just went in today to get started. It was my lunch break, and I think becuase I've done the program before I got sort of "rushed through" everything so I'm feeling uncertain. I didn't get any sort of pre-conditioning sheet, but I want to start there. INstead I got the Meta-slim-plus three meal plan. I feel like we also used to get a BIG food list with what seasonings/herbs/spices we could use...also didn't get that.

I read about that PDF someone has put together and would love that! I am looking forward to "meeting" everyone and getting support and inspiration from here!!! I need it!

Thanks

btw my email is caroline.e.morris at gmail.com

THanks so much in advance!!!
Old 11-02-2011, 12:59 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 239.5/see ticker/165

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdog View Post
good to know!...what off brand did you get and where did you get it? i just saw the ad in my fitness mag and thought it looked good but if it leaks, forget about it! yikes! i was just thinking about peaches today...that sounds wonderful!
I got the GE rocket blender, 17 pieces, at walmart.

I've also gone to Sam's club (cosco would work too) and bought big bags of fruit there. The mixed berries one is also good to use instead of ice. Next I'm going to get the pineapples.mmmmm
Closed Thread