Closed Thread

Old 11-12-2011, 09:47 PM   #151  
Motivated Member

S/C/G: 210/204/180

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by patzi View Post
I was at out of town at for a business meeting this morning, and they bring food in and I will not eat any of what they offer, so I brought a bar and an HNS for my lunch.. Well.... You ladies that order from Diet Direct, if you have not tried the peanut butter and jelly protein bar you are missing something. It is very very good... Filling also. One guy said to me, you are not still dieting , and I said yup, and went on to another subject.. There is always that one that will bring it up, but it does not bother me.

Patzi
haven't tried that one but love the chocolate caramel wonderslim bar! and chocolate peanut butter... i'm always on the road and will have a bar for lunch and keeps me filled up (to avoid fast food!)
just got back from the oyster roast, had oysters and they actually had grilled chicken and collard greens so had that and skipped the red rice, mac n cheese, corn bread and choc. cake! one of my friends was like, arent u going to eat? i was kind of picking at the food.. then she said, you've lost weight, do you eat anything? she asked if i was on a grapefruit diet, i thought that was funny. i did have a few beers, lite beer but am really full! so will have to do damage control and drink tons of water :-) it's so nice to be in control though w the food.
Old 11-12-2011, 09:58 PM   #152  

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwcgina View Post
It kinda sucked at the time, but now that home I'm glad that I didn't cave.
Exactly how I felt last night. We are better for it.
Old 11-13-2011, 10:57 AM   #153  

S/C/G: 260/189/185

Height: 5'11"

Thanks for the advice on the clothes. I feel better since I got it out. That's the great thing about this forum.

Bigdog - let me know if you have any luck with Mary Poppins. I need her to visit Arkansas also.

Last edited by ynapier; 11-13-2011 at 10:58 AM. Reason: typo
Old 11-13-2011, 12:21 PM   #154  
Motivated Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ynapier View Post
Thanks for the advice on the clothes. I feel better since I got it out. That's the great thing about this forum.

Bigdog - let me know if you have any luck with Mary Poppins. I need her to visit Arkansas also.
she hasnt arrived...if she does, she'll be here at least a week!! it's terrible that we havent put our summer clothes away and bought in the winter clothes...i guess we are in denial and refuse to believe Fall is here! it feels like 80 on the deck so think i'll hang out and read some chick lit! LOL the dogs are already snoozing in the sun. just bought an early Christmas present - GE Single Serve Blender (upon recommendations from this forum) planning on a Vanilla Creme strawberry shake for lunch! yum!
Old 11-13-2011, 01:47 PM   #155  
Maintenance Member

S/C/G: 211/191/175

Height: 5'5

Hi Ladies!

Well, I don't know what has gotten into me, but I decorated my house for Christmas yesterday! I guess I am looking forward to it this year!

I am being weird about my clothes lately....most don't fit me anymore, so I have been picking up an item here or there...but not getting rid of the others!? I don't understand why I am doubting myself by keeping them. That is obviously what I am doing, because I truly don't plan to ever fit into any of them again...I can't help but to get so discouraged when I hear of others who gain it all back...yet I am me, and it doesn't mean I am personally doomed to such a fate. It is my decision how I handle my weight going forward...and I know this, while at the same time, I hold onto my big clothes? What is the psychology in that? LOL

By the way, is the "Stabilization" class a celebration type gathering or just a simple class? Just curious.

Well, thanks for letting me vent...I always appreciate any insights from you all into feelings I am experiencing.

Have a nice Sunday....I plan on having "Blackened Salmon" over a big salad for dinner tonight! Sounds yummy to me!!! Sorta salty...but I will drink LOTS of water

Last edited by Tamikl; 11-13-2011 at 01:48 PM.
Old 11-13-2011, 01:53 PM   #156  
Maintenance Member

S/C/G: 211/191/175

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdog View Post
this is from Discoverjoy that was posted in October thread. i think it needs to be repeated :-) so here goes...

Originally Posted by discoverjoy

you have to mentally separate yourself from the diet and the salespeople selling stuff to keep the diet going and make a living. It's two different things.

The diet is actually incredibly good for us. The food is good and nutritious and our bodies are happy bodies.

The salespeople are greedy sometimes, so you have to be firm, and then let them know that you are aware of what they have and you will let them know when you are ready to try something new or different.

I, personally, can't do this diet without my supplements. The supplements make it exciting for me. I look forward to my semi-frozen chocolate pudding balls and my chicken soup with my salad.

I am excited about the creativity required to eat healthy, not get bored and still lose weight.

It is definitely a huge challenge not to get sucked back in to the rest of our country's way of eating...The American diet sucks. It makes you miserable and puts you in a perpetually dieting/binging situation.

This girl is fighting back. I'm fighting for it and I'll never quit! EVER!

Mrc is the best nutrition/weight loss plan I've ever done. It works the absolute best, but requires a lot of perserverence. Something I have trouble with.

Go get em' today ladies....

WOOOHOO
That is awesome, and very well said! Not sure how I ever missed that back in October?!?! Her motivation is to be admired for sure. So glad she shared this, and you reposted it! Thanks!
Old 11-13-2011, 02:10 PM   #157  

Height: 5' 5"

Shoppermom - Welcome! You are in the right place. Give the supplements you bought a try and if you find that some don't work as well for you as others, you are under no obligtion to buy them again. What we've learned here is that while some supplements work great for some people, they don't work as well for others. This forum will provide great morale support. Hope to see you here often!

Tami - Must be something in the air. I can't wait for Christmas either. I haven't decorated yet, but that is coming very soon.

Last edited by JenB72; 11-13-2011 at 02:11 PM.
Old 11-13-2011, 02:22 PM   #158  

Welcome Shoppermom. Wish you the best on your new challenge.. This diet does work .

Bigdog..
Have tried both bars you mention and they are delcious.

Do you have any idea what the following replaces in MRC. I was given them by a friend.Bari Wise Wild Berry Drink(plus other flavors that are available). It says high protein fruit drink. Protein is 15 gr. and fat is 0. I thought it would be a drink similar to the powdered HNS drinks.. All you do is add water to it.

Hope everyone is having a wonderful day. It is beautiful weather here in the south ..

Patzi
Old 11-13-2011, 03:06 PM   #159  

Default menu

Hi guys. I am new to this site. I was hoping that I could get a copy of the pdf file with the different MRC menus and instructions. I'm looking to make tomorrow the start of the rest of my life.

email me at steelergirl at att dot net. I will appreciate anything you can send.

Last edited by steelergirl; 11-13-2011 at 03:10 PM.
Old 11-13-2011, 03:26 PM   #160  
Motivated Member

Quote:
Welcome Shoppermom. Wish you the best on your new challenge.. This diet does work .

Bigdog..

Do you have any idea what the following replaces in MRC. I was given them by a friend.Bari Wise Wild Berry Drink(plus other flavors that are available). It says high protein fruit drink. Protein is 15 gr. and fat is 0. I thought it would be a drink similar to the powdered HNS drinks.. All you do is add water to it.

Hope everyone is having a wonderful day. It is beautiful weather here in the south ..

Patzi
the Bari Wise is exactly what MRC sells...clear HNS...lucky you! wish someone would give me some :-) i buy Protidiet from Diet Direct and it's the same as MRC sells (Bari Wise is the same too)
Old 11-13-2011, 03:41 PM   #161  
Motivated Member

Quote:

Bigdog..

Patzi
i'm in shorts and tank top - it is soooo hot on the deck...i took all the winter clothes and put on hangers out on the deck. the good news is that ALL FIT!!! yippee yay! last night at the Oyster Roast, it was 40 degrees and was all bundled up w/ hat and boots around the bon fire crazy weather in SC.
Old 11-13-2011, 03:49 PM   #162  
Motivated Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamikl View Post
Hi Ladies!

Well, I don't know what has gotten into me, but I decorated my house for Christmas yesterday! I guess I am looking forward to it this year!

I am being weird about my clothes lately....most don't fit me anymore, so I have been picking up an item here or there...but not getting rid of the others!? I don't understand why I am doubting myself by keeping them. That is obviously what I am doing, because I truly don't plan to ever fit into any of them again...I can't help but to get so discouraged when I hear of others who gain it all back...yet I am me, and it doesn't mean I am personally doomed to such a fate. It is my decision how I handle my weight going forward...and I know this, while at the same time, I hold onto my big clothes? What is the psychology in that? LOL

By the way, is the "Stabilization" class a celebration type gathering or just a simple class? Just curious.

Well, thanks for letting me vent...I always appreciate any insights from you all into feelings I am experiencing.

Have a nice Sunday....I plan on having "Blackened Salmon" over a big salad for dinner tonight! Sounds yummy to me!!! Sorta salty...but I will drink LOTS of water
there is one house down the block that is already decorated! our house always looks like National Lampoons Christmas show! my DH puts those blow up reindeer, santas, elves etc on the boat and camper and in front of our house and we don't even have kids! my parents used to decorate like that so he does it for me...so sweet.

Re: the Clothes, i would get them altered if you like them. i hate to buy clothes myself plus i like loose stuff except for jeans and i like them tight! plus if you can find someone to alter stuff, you can get it to fit exactly the way you want them...nip in the waist or wherever you want to show off your new figure :-) when my mom lost alot of weight and this may sound crazy, she threw everything in the washer, washed on hot and dried on hot to shrink them! i actually suggested it to her and it worked on alot of her cotton and other washable stuff! can you tell i'm thrifty?
Old 11-13-2011, 03:58 PM   #163  

S/C/G: 230.5/193/179

Height: 5'10"

Finished preconditioning and down 8 lb.. YES!!! On day 3 of meta slim plus menu. Just figured out today that I can't have bread with lunch and can't have fruit with dinner. That blew my mind at first but I'm okay. Glad to read all the positive stuff on this blog. Thanks for sharing and wish me luck as I head in to week three.
Old 11-13-2011, 04:20 PM   #164  

S/C/G: 192.5/163.4/160

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinnyfarmer12 View Post
Finished preconditioning and down 8 lb.. YES!!! On day 3 of meta slim plus menu. Just figured out today that I can't have bread with lunch and can't have fruit with dinner. That blew my mind at first but I'm okay. Glad to read all the positive stuff on this blog. Thanks for sharing and wish me luck as I head in to week three.
good luck, Skinnyfarmer! The rules like when you can have fruit/bread can seem really crazy and you will find lots of posts about that on these boards. But the people who follow it the closest do seem to have the fastest loss, so I guess there is a method to the madness. Cant wait to watch your progress.
Old 11-13-2011, 04:27 PM   #165  

S/C/G: 192.5/163.4/160

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdog View Post
there is one house down the block that is already decorated! our house always looks like National Lampoons Christmas show! my DH puts those blow up reindeer, santas, elves etc on the boat and camper and in front of our house and we don't even have kids! my parents used to decorate like that so he does it for me...so sweet.

Re: the Clothes, i would get them altered if you like them. i hate to buy clothes myself plus i like loose stuff except for jeans and i like them tight! plus if you can find someone to alter stuff, you can get it to fit exactly the way you want them...nip in the waist or wherever you want to show off your new figure :-) when my mom lost alot of weight and this may sound crazy, she threw everything in the washer, washed on hot and dried on hot to shrink them! i actually suggested it to her and it worked on alot of her cotton and other washable stuff! can you tell i'm thrifty?
I am thinking about having some stuff altered too. I've never done that but i used to be addicted to the show What Not To Wear, and they ALWAYS talked about the importance of that. I have a larger waist (read: no waist) and smaller hips so my pants never fit right. They bag and droop in the butt, but if they were smaller, they wouldnt close at the top. It makes me crazy. When I am closer to goal, I think i will give tailoring a shot with the more expensive work clothes. Anyone else ever watch that show? ("Shut the front door!") It was inspiring because a lot of the women were not perfectly shaped, to put it mildly, but they always came out looking so much better.

Last edited by camaswa; 11-13-2011 at 04:28 PM.
Closed Thread