Old 11-17-2009, 01:54 PM   #106  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joy2MeNu View Post
Hopfully you can shake that RIPPED OFF feeling that seems to be eating away at you!
THIS is exactly the feeling that I keep getting. All of my questions have definitely not been answered. When I do ask questions the woman I am dealing with kind of side steps them. And it is always about buying more and more stuff...
Congrats on the weight loss though! That is great.

Last edited by Audrey1; 11-17-2009 at 01:55 PM. Reason: Spelling is my friend.
Audrey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 02:32 PM   #107  
Now UC it! Now U don't!

S/C/G: 210/194/140 Rd 2 beginning 3/7

Height: 5' 3.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audrey1 View Post
THIS is exactly the feeling that I keep getting. All of my questions have definitely not been answered. When I do ask questions the woman I am dealing with kind of side steps them. And it is always about buying more and more stuff...
Congrats on the weight loss though! That is great.
Thanks so much Audrey. I have really enjoyed the diet so far.

Listen,I really feel for you right now. Is there any other MRC in your proximity that you could visit, instead of the one you are going to?

You truly deserve answers and assistance.

Perhaps go to the MRC url, http://www.emetabolic.com/contact/contact.asp, and send a message to the central office to see if you can get any answers from them.
Joy2MeNu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 02:36 PM   #108  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifties Lady View Post
Audrey...that's a great question. Other than costing so much, what is the purpose, and would another powdered protein drink that is so much cheaper be the same if not better?
Exactly why I keep getting that "ripped" off feeling. Every time it is about buying something more.

I wish there was a way I could get out of it now that my 3 day "cool off" period is long gone. If I had known going in it was a high protein, low fat, low carb diet I could have done that myself.....
Old 11-17-2009, 03:27 PM   #109  

S/C/G: 197/175/150

Height: 5'5"

Where can I find the "Now brand Cider Vinegar Diet Formula" to replace the MRC 6?
iluvindiana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 03:39 PM   #110  

S/C/G: 219.5/see ticker/168

Height: 5'7"

iluvindiana,

I found it at my local health food co-op
leigh34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 05:18 PM   #111  

S/C/G: 350/311/222

Hi Audrey1, I think if you say no firmly to the extra things they try to sell you, they will respect it. It disturbs me very much that they keep track of what you buy and when, while at the same time, there's a lot of lip service to the idea that you aren't obligated to buy anything except the HNS. I'm at the 6 week point and I've lost a respectable amount of weight. I started out my first month having bought the first set of items that they sold me (HNS, MRC6, MSM, CortiTrim, MetaEnhancer.) Now I'm substituting Relacore for the CortiTrim and the MRC6 (Relacore is mentioned here on 3FC as a good substitute for CortiTrim, but I also noticed it has even more B6 than MRC6.) If I feel like I want to have the apple cider vinegar and kelp, I'll do the Now brand apple cider diet pills. I still get some HNS, but each day I substitute one or two with a cheaper brand (that actually has more protein.) When they ask me what I need to buy when I weigh in, they're usually looking at the folder reading my old receipts. They aren't supposed to be doing that, and I think their upper level management would be very upset to know that they are pressuring people into buying more and more items at every visit (it's turning off a lot of longterm customers I know here in GA so they aren't coming back at all.) But, I am mentally prepared to see them doing that, and I say sweetly, No, I just need five HNS, or No, I just need some MSM today (MSM is just gelatin, but if you feel better spending $25 than $100 it's the way to go, and it is a good anti-aging pill.)

I believe in the program, and my hat is off to anyone who can afford the 100s of dollars it costs to take everything they tell you to. But for me, there are certain things they try to sell me that I must say no to, or simply distract the counselor with another cheaper item to buy that day. I am someone who needed to learn to say no and stand up for myself, and ironically, MRC is teaching me how to do that as well as healthier eating. I understand what you are going through, but I think it's legitimate to say no to a lot of what they try to sell you.

If anyone from MRC is reading this, tell your center managers to stop it with the high pressure sales. I don't care if you are keeping track of what I bought and when, I know what I want to buy and that's that.
CJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 06:27 PM   #112  

Height: 5'6''

Preach it CJay!! When i was on plan the first time, I told them to put a note in my file that I didn't want to buy any supplements other than what I specifically requested and they did. I was very very firm about it and they took note. I started this time buying what i wanted and not even asking about other stuff. If they ever offer anything else I'll tell them no. I'm not on the plan to pay for tons of pills...i'm honestly on it for the support they offer and they can't do that if they are pressuring me...when they do that it makes me want to skip out on my WIs.
Hvnlymzic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 07:45 PM   #113  

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hvnlymzic View Post
on it for the support they offer and they can't do that if they are pressuring me..
This is one of the main reasons I signed up. I need encouragement and support.
I just hope I can shake this bad feeling I have. I haven't even been to my first official WI yet.
I have been keeping to the program (for the whole two days I have been on it) and will keep up with it. I hope it works and I can lose it and keep it off this time.

There is another center near me. Maybe I will try going there.

Thank you both for confirmation that it isn't just me that feels that way about the selling.
Old 11-18-2009, 02:34 AM   #114  

S/C/G: 206/169/130

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifties Lady View Post
Audrey...that's a great question. Other than costing so much, what is the purpose, and would another powdered protein drink that is so much cheaper be the same if not better?
The thought process is that you are given a specific amount of protein with the supplements that fit into the program. Each meal is formulated to burn a specific amount of calories while providing less. I don't remember exactly but something like eating 350 cal and burning 500. Also, other protein items sometimes have to many carbs so be careful and check the nutrients list.
Lori123321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 08:37 AM   #115  

S/C/G: 256/217.5/150

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori123321 View Post
The thought process is that you are given a specific amount of protein with the supplements that fit into the program. Each meal is formulated to burn a specific amount of calories while providing less. I don't remember exactly but something like eating 350 cal and burning 500. Also, other protein items sometimes have to many carbs so be careful and check the nutrients list.
Thanks Lori...always a voice of reason. I was just curious what the HNS's really do. Glad to see you....you have been absent for awhile.
Fifties Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 08:50 AM   #116  

S/C/G: 196/168/165

Height: 5'7" 1/2

Hello, I have been experiencing fatigue for the last couple of days.
Could this be due to the change in my diet?
I have been getting up at night more to go with all of the liquid that I have been consuming and I get up at 5am but I do go to bed early.
I am taking oils, multivitamin and HNS's and staying OP totally.
I'm normally a very hyper, energetic person.
What do you guys think?
Sexyrene
sexyrene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 09:37 AM   #117  

S/C/G: 219.5/see ticker/168

Sexyrene,

I am curious also. I am by no means hyper or energentic, but find I am very tired and worn out in the evenings. In addition to what you are taking, I also am taking trace minerals (supposed to help with energy??). It is getting very frustrating trying to get anything done once the kids go to bed as I just want to join them! I hope it is just temporary.
leigh34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 11:32 AM   #118  

S/C/G: 185/136/140

sexyrene & Leigh34,
I was also very worn out with no energy when I first started program. It is from the reduction of carbs and caffeine. I promise it will pass and you will actually have more energy than ever before. Hang in there! It takes about 2-3 weeks.
dance4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 02:41 PM   #119  

S/C/G: 197/175/150

I find that if I have a HNS about 4-5 oclock, and then eat around 6:30 that I feel full and have some extra energy for the rest of the evening.
iluvindiana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 01:10 AM   #120  

S/C/G: 212/see ticker/150

Height: 5'5

Hello Everyone! I am a newbie and have mixed feelings about MRC. I really want to lose weight and like that this plan involves real food, however after reading pages of posts I feel that MRC is not real upfront about all the supplements. I am willing to give it a try though because I do agree that much of that money towards healthy supplements might have gone towards junky food. I hope to find the consultants supportive and not pushy or rude like I have read in some posts. I guess I have a little anxiety and hope my usual optimism will bring me through. It has been eye-opening reading all the posts and I look forward to losing weight with you all in the future!
CndLou is offline   Reply With Quote