Old 10-13-2009, 08:58 AM   #46  

S/C/G: 203/191.5/130

Height: 5' 0''

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenD View Post
Newbie here!
Joined MRC Oct 6th did the precondition and actually started the menu 1-4 on Saturday Oct 10. Need to loose 25 lbs. What a great time to start right before holidays! LOL. I did MRC about 15 yr ago and it worked great. Tried it about 5 years ago and I failed. I am determined this time to stay on it. My problem I love coffee with vanilla creamer. (I do use the one sweeten with Splenda) I have cut my coffee intake from all day to (1) cup.
I joined to get other information and hope to stay focused throughout this journey. I found this website before I joined and it was mentioned there also.
I am also a Newbie and signed up and started day 1 thru 4 same day as you. Im on the 24 week program cus I need to lose 72 lbs. Went to get my next menu yesterday and already lost 4.5 lbs. I also am determined to stay on plan. I have been very strict and no cheating at all. No caffeine and no salt. Good luck to you!
changes4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 05:28 PM   #47  
McKinney, TX

S/C/G: 201/196/150

Height: 5'6"

Joined last week, Oct. 14, after my annual gyno visit. I needed to do SOMETHING to keep me focused and motivated so I can lose 50 lbs. I saw an add for MRC in the paper and started researching online. There was enough positive feedback that I took the financial plunge.

My official Day 1 was Saturday,(Oct. 17). I'm sticking to the plan but I feel really tired and very hungry between meals. The HNS just don't take the edge off at all. Did anyone else experience this and does it get better???
fatnomo51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 05:39 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 187/See Ticker/134

Height: 5'4"

I joined in September and started on the yellow menu. I didn't get hungry at that time mostly because of all the water I was drinking throughout the day. The water is actually supposed to help you feel less hungry also. I'm on the green menu now and have slipped up on drinking my water and I'm starving between meals now. Need to discuss this with my center, hopefully they'll help.
desilu0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 06:49 PM   #49  

S/C/G: 259/ticker/165

Height: 5'7

My first day was the 17th too!! I have a lot to lose so I have white menu, I dont know which menu you have, but I've been feeling just fine. Im a little hungry right now but if I drink a fiber drink its helps and they are delicious. Its all worth it!! Good luck
Pcherr001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 08:14 PM   #50  

S/C/G: 229/see ticker/160

Height: 5'0"

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatnomo51 View Post
Joined last week, Oct. 14, after my annual gyno visit. I needed to do SOMETHING to keep me focused and motivated so I can lose 50 lbs. I saw an add for MRC in the paper and started researching online. There was enough positive feedback that I took the financial plunge.

My official Day 1 was Saturday,(Oct. 17). I'm sticking to the plan but I feel really tired and very hungry between meals. The HNS just don't take the edge off at all. Did anyone else experience this and does it get better???
It gets much better! I didn't get hungry between meals when I started, but holy cow, was I tired! That lasted for a couple weeks, then I felt like I was on meth for a couple weeks (except I was able to sleep!). Now, things seem to have balanced out (I'm on week 12 right now).

Welcome aboard and hang on tight...it's gonna get a little crazy! But you'll love the results!

-- JJ
Phat not Fat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 06:34 AM   #51  

S/C/G: 206/169/130

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by desilu0 View Post
I joined in September and started on the yellow menu. I didn't get hungry at that time mostly because of all the water I was drinking throughout the day. The water is actually supposed to help you feel less hungry also. I'm on the green menu now and have slipped up on drinking my water and I'm starving between meals now. Need to discuss this with my center, hopefully they'll help.
Crystal light has a fight hunger drink that has fiber and protein in it. It also about $2.00 a box. It is with all the on the go drink mixes. Strawberry and Banana is the only flavor
Lori123321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 09:23 AM   #52  
McKinney, TX

Thanks for the encouraging words and advice. I told the counselors at MRC about my concerns, and they said I was probably experiencing detox symptoms. I did add the fiber yesterday afternoon and I think it helped some with the hunger. BTW I'm on the green menu.

So many people on this board are having success on this plan. I read it everyday to stay motivated. I look forward to being a "success story" soon.
Old 10-20-2009, 09:28 AM   #53  

S/C/G: 330/282/250

Height: 5'7"

YAY! help I need it lol
Stylist83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 10:36 AM   #54  
[url=http://www.3fatchick

S/C/G: 212/212/130

Height: 5'1

I just signed up last night. My biggest struggle is the veggies. I love salad but need help with a good dressing. I don't like vingegar and oil but if I can find something I can add a little splenda and some fruit and mix it up it would be great...anyone have any ideas??? I have 56 pounds to loose and I am anxious to get on board with all of you. We can all do this together if we just keep one another motivated...anyone want I partner I could use one.
LaRee mother of 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 11:07 AM   #55  
Lynn

S/C/G: 216/see ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaRee mother of 3 View Post
I just signed up last night. My biggest struggle is the veggies. I love salad but need help with a good dressing. I don't like vingegar and oil but if I can find something I can add a little splenda and some fruit and mix it up it would be great...anyone have any ideas??? I have 56 pounds to loose and I am anxious to get on board with all of you. We can all do this together if we just keep one another motivated...anyone want I partner I could use one.
When I was eating salad (never was a salad/dressing person before) but I found this dressing that I actually liked. You take 2 tsp of olive oil, 1 tsp (or less depending on yo personal taste) of Apple cider vinegar, 2 packets of Splenda (at least sometimes I used 3/4), and Mrs. Dash Table Blend. i just got burnt out on it. I was (and still am) a sweet person and that dressing was good (or so I thought anyway) good luck.

I, too, was a very picky eater (or so I thought) prior to beginning this program. I eat things now that I never thought I would. My veggies of choice nowadays are baked broccoli/cauliflower (I use frozen and spray w/Olive Oil Pam, sprinkle with butter buds, a bit of garlic powder, and a packet of Splenda, bake at 425 for 20-25 min, yum!) and green beans (I use the no salt added canned version). I also eat green beans in things, such as the tuna casserole out of the cookbook. That's really good.
noahsmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 11:29 AM   #56  
[url=http://www.3fatchick

S/C/G: 212/212/130

Height: 5'1

Thanks so much for the ideas. When I hear of people like you who did not like the veggies either it is very encouraging to me that I CAN do this. Thanks for the inspiration!!
LaRee mother of 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 03:10 PM   #57  
Now UC it! Now U don't!

S/C/G: 210/194/140 Rd 2 beginning 3/7

Height: 5' 3.5"

Quote:

I really love the WALDEN FARMS creamy bacon dressing. Walden Farms is recommended by my center and now I know why. And I also enjoy the dijjonaise by hellman's on veggies and/or salad. I never knew I could eat veggies day in and day out and enjoy them, but I really am. I love the frozen, steam "right in the bag" products for something easy and fast -- Use them daily!
Joy2MeNu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 03:11 PM   #58  
McKinney, TX

I can finally offer a bit of advice. We were told we could use Walden Farms salad dressing from the grocery store. It's calorie free, sugar free, fat free, carb. free, gluten free, no preservatives. I bought the French dressing today and tried on my lunch salad. It was good! There are several flavors available. I got it at Market Street here in McKinney.

I'm relieved to find something that I really like to use on my veggies.
Old 10-20-2009, 05:19 PM   #59  

S/C/G: 259/ticker/165

Height: 5'7

If anyone likes ranch dressing, theres a recipes in the cookbook. Its 12oz cottage cheese and 1 packet of ranch powder(and a little water to thin it up), but it counts as 1oz protein. I didnt think the lumps would come out, but if you put it in the blender its really creamy and tastes just like hidden valley.

So I had my first weigh-in today and I lost 6.5lbs in 3 days!!! Wow, I am so excited. That just gets me pumped and motivated for the coming weeks!
Pcherr001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 05:30 PM   #60  
one day at a time

S/C/G: 225/see ticker/150

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Another salad dressing you can make is Honey Mustard 1 tsp each of oil, dijon mustard, apple cider vinegar and 1 packet of splenda. mix until well blended. I love this with the chicken nuggets you can make. Yummo
learning2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote