Old 11-29-2009, 10:06 PM   #136  

S/C/G: 212/see ticker/150

Height: 5'5

Hello Everyone, hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving with family & friends. Tomorrow is day 4 of the yellow menu for me. Whoot whoot!! The previous suggestions sure have helped with the salad overload....adding cottage cheese and "cukes" (cucumbers) are a life saver on that 8 oz. lunch salad!!!! I went to SAM's Club and bought a bunch of OP veggies - frzn & bagged and then took them home and had a slice&dice festival!! ha! It has helped in preparation!! How does everyone mix their HSN - with ice? I like it but do not love it. I wish it was creamy like milk, yum! I WI tomorrow so will post hopefully good results!!
CndLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 10:33 PM   #137  

S/C/G: 242/169/166

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CndLou View Post
Hello Everyone, hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving with family & friends. Tomorrow is day 4 of the yellow menu for me. Whoot whoot!! The previous suggestions sure have helped with the salad overload....adding cottage cheese and "cukes" (cucumbers) are a life saver on that 8 oz. lunch salad!!!! I went to SAM's Club and bought a bunch of OP veggies - frzn & bagged and then took them home and had a slice&dice festival!! ha! It has helped in preparation!! How does everyone mix their HSN - with ice? I like it but do not love it. I wish it was creamy like milk, yum! I WI tomorrow so will post hopefully good results!!
Good luck to you at WI! I mix the clear's with about 4oz of water from my Brita pitcher & the powders with about 6oz. I also like to mix a bit of the powders (wildberry) with my cottage cheese (for a bit of variety) & then I use the rest of the pkg with water. Have a good week.
Keiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 07:49 AM   #138  

S/C/G: 197/175/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Actually, I drink the cranberry tea straight from the package. Less fuss and no mess.
iluvindiana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 08:52 AM   #139  

S/C/G: 256/217.5/150

Height: 5' 2"

I like my HNS's (concentrated) over ice! I have the orange or grape in the morning with my wonderful eggs (getting tired of eggs)! Then my favorite is the Mixed Berry for lunch and dinner, unless I am using the creamies for cooking with. When I first started, I was in a rut with the same old lunch day after day....now that I have found the Chicken, Cranberry and apple salad, I'm in heaven. And there are so many ways to make this salad with other ingredients and still be OP. And it does make a large bowl for lunch...it's very hard to finish it all. Last night I got out my Vidalia Onion Wizard which I received about two years ago as a Xmas gift, never even had it out of the box...and it is amazing for dicing. I diced celery and apples and put them in containers so the salad is so easy now to prepare each morning. The only think I need to dice are the green onions. I put the cranberries in the magic bullet and it's done in seconds. Just dicing the chicken, and that isn't very hard, although I wonder if I could have done it in the Chopper Wizard also? Have to give it a try.
Fifties Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 01:29 PM   #140  

Height: 5'6''

FL - Thats a great idea!! I hadn't thought about using the onion dicing thing for other veggies...duh. Thats awesome! Do you know how much quicker my lunch prep will go now!? yay!
Hvnlymzic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 02:02 PM   #141  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hvnlymzic View Post
FL - Thats a great idea!! I hadn't thought about using the onion dicing thing for other veggies...duh. Thats awesome! Do you know how much quicker my lunch prep will go now!? yay!
I know...I was having so much fun with the celery that I kind of went overboard...lol...but it works great. Have to cut it in about 8 parts to have it fit on the dice area, but it goes so fast. I hope the chicken works too...then my salad will really be a snap! I can't believe I let it set in the box so long. I could have saved some nails!!! Live and learn..
Old 11-30-2009, 04:03 PM   #142  

Quote:
Thanks! Is the chai tea recipe in the MRC cookbook? I love chai tea so this may be a great recipe for me!! In response to WW...I felt hungry a lot while on this program. I have never cut sugar and carbs like what I'm cutting now and so far the cravings have been under control!! This is the BEST part for me so far. I had no idea that carbs & sugar made you crave so much or how much sugar I was actually eating before program. I really enjoy all the posts from people - thanks for all the great info!!
No the Chai recipe is not in the cookbook, but I got it off this site...somewhere.
Old 11-30-2009, 04:05 PM   #143  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifties Lady View Post
I like my HNS's (concentrated) over ice! I have the orange or grape in the morning with my wonderful eggs (getting tired of eggs)! Then my favorite is the Mixed Berry for lunch and dinner, unless I am using the creamies for cooking with. When I first started, I was in a rut with the same old lunch day after day....now that I have found the Chicken, Cranberry and apple salad, I'm in heaven. And there are so many ways to make this salad with other ingredients and still be OP. And it does make a large bowl for lunch...it's very hard to finish it all. Last night I got out my Vidalia Onion Wizard which I received about two years ago as a Xmas gift, never even had it out of the box...and it is amazing for dicing. I diced celery and apples and put them in containers so the salad is so easy now to prepare each morning. The only think I need to dice are the green onions. I put the cranberries in the magic bullet and it's done in seconds. Just dicing the chicken, and that isn't very hard, although I wonder if I could have done it in the Chopper Wizard also? Have to give it a try.
What (or where) is the chicken, cranberry, and apple salad recipe?
Old 11-30-2009, 04:12 PM   #144  

Height: 5'6''

The salad recipe is on pg 19 of the November main thread.
Hvnlymzic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 04:19 PM   #145  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hvnlymzic View Post
The salad recipe is on pg 19 of the November main thread.
thank you
Old 11-30-2009, 08:41 PM   #146  
jeanette

S/C/G: 170/139/140

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
. . .Last night I got out my Vidalia Onion Wizard which I received about two years ago as a Xmas gift, never even had it out of the box...and it is amazing for dicing. . .
Just be sure to use the veggie holder - EVERY TIME!!! I just had the 5 stitches taken out of my baby finger that didn't stay out of the way of the blade. I bought a similar mandolin veggie slicer in Sept after cutting veggies all summer. I had been so careful to use the holder everytime until 2 weeks ago when I was going to cut up a yellow squash and a zucchini. I used a knife and cut one slice and remembered the mandolin - grabbed it but forgot to get the holder. Cut 3-4 beautiful slices and caught the pad of my baby finger on the next slice. I do not think I will forget ever again, but I think it is a design flaw that the holder does not snap on to protect the blade when not in use. If it had been there, I would have used it - I'm going to rubberband them together from now on. I still really love it - it does such a wonderful job of slicing/dicing/julienne so many different veggies and fruit even. So everyone, enjoy slicing and dicing but do it safely! jeanette
reuselady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 09:43 PM   #147  

Quote:
Originally Posted by reuselady View Post
Just be sure to use the veggie holder - EVERY TIME!!! I just had the 5 stitches taken out of my baby finger that didn't stay out of the way of the blade. I bought a similar mandolin veggie slicer in Sept after cutting veggies all summer. I had been so careful to use the holder everytime until 2 weeks ago when I was going to cut up a yellow squash and a zucchini. I used a knife and cut one slice and remembered the mandolin - grabbed it but forgot to get the holder. Cut 3-4 beautiful slices and caught the pad of my baby finger on the next slice. I do not think I will forget ever again, but I think it is a design flaw that the holder does not snap on to protect the blade when not in use. If it had been there, I would have used it - I'm going to rubberband them together from now on. I still really love it - it does such a wonderful job of slicing/dicing/julienne so many different veggies and fruit even. So everyone, enjoy slicing and dicing but do it safely! jeanette
Jeanette,

That sounds awful with your fingers getting butchered. Yikes. I think my Chopper Wizard must be different, it doesn't have a holder. Below is mine:

http://www.amazon.com/ECOMM-VIDALIA-.../dp/B000XB9FY8
Old 11-30-2009, 11:57 PM   #148  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keiko View Post
Good luck to you at WI! I mix the clear's with about 4oz of water from my Brita pitcher & the powders with about 6oz. I also like to mix a bit of the powders (wildberry) with my cottage cheese (for a bit of variety) & then I use the rest of the pkg with water. Have a good week.
Wildberry with cottage cheese - that sounds interesting, I'm going to try that. Down 1.5 today - I'm a teacher and we have had more temptations since I started preOP!! Baby shower today, more goodies than you can imagine. Before Thanksgiving, it was Birthday DAY for all November birthdays with sugar galore!!! A load of sweets from parents (presents)!! STOP the madness!! haha! I LOVE teaching but have forced myself to stay away from the LOUNGE! No wonder I have packed on the pounds, feel suddenly aware now. I have been doing pretty darn good all considering. My pants are looser and that has been worth ALL the effort thus far!! Whoever said, "nothing feels as good as thin (losing weight)," was right on!! I know some days will be more difficult than others. I had the kiwi concentrate today and LOVED it!! What a life-saver being surrounded by all those desserts.
Old 12-01-2009, 12:00 AM   #149  

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvindiana View Post
No the Chai recipe is not in the cookbook, but I got it off this site...somewhere.
I will keep my eyes peeled for it. I still have a lot of threads to read, especially recipes. I am trying to read some every night. Great motivator!!
Old 12-01-2009, 12:07 AM   #150  

Quote:
Chicken, Cranberry, & apple salad sounds DELISH!! I don't think I can have it yet being on day 5 tomorrow, but I do get a CREAMIE...yahooo! Something else to look forward to eating. I'm just darn excited to have an egg for breakfast tomorrow!! Thanks for the link to the Vidalia Onion Wizard - looks like a great tool. My husband has already commented on the new fixtures in the kitchen...food scale, magic bullet, containers full of diced veggies - the Vidalia Onion might just send him overboard, haha!