Old 06-02-2009, 11:07 PM   #61  

S/C/G: 256/217.5/150

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen1234 View Post
Fifties Lady,
You're going to be the most knowledgeable new MRC'er at your center!! I remember being so confused about all this when I 1st started, you've got a real leg up here lady :0) I always wondered about the soda in the HNS as well. Someone here once said it was a no-no but recently I was at my center and they actually had it as a suggestion to mix your liquid HNS with Diet Rite lemon-lime. I've honestly been mixing mine with Sprite zero for a while now - specifically the grape concentrate and I love it. I asked my counselor about that last weekend, she said if it's the Sprite Zero in the can - OK, if in the bottle no - has to do with the sodium content. Oops... I use bottled. Oh well, I will have to go find some cans or find the DIet rite instead. Anyways, It does bubble over though if you're not careful so go slowly when mixing. I love the idea of using DR raspberry or orange with an HNS. Other drinks I think are good: Lemonade Powderered, Pink Lemonade powdered, Orange concentrate, Strawberry Banana Gelatin, Chocolate pudding, chocolate drink (both creamys), Vanilla Pudding. It is a good idea to get a box of the Chicken Boullion for recipes and the powdered lemonade and Vanilla Pudding is a must if you ever plan to make the Amazing cheesecake recipe from cookbook which I think is absolutely divine. Good Luck and can't wait for you to start.

Thank you for the great tips. I just bought some DR this weekend...so will have to try out your suggestions. I'm thinking I won't be on the creamys for awhile, so probably I will just buy the HNS's first time out. Haven't decided what to do on all those pills those....I said I would never go on a diet that I had to rely on pills...that always scared me....I know these are not required, but it sounds like you almost need them on this plan. I think this is the only negative thing I have on this plan....otherwise...it sounds like quick weight loss and that really keeps you motivated when you see quick results....that's what I need.
Fifties Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 11:12 PM   #62  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shan76 View Post
I really like the grape and mixed berry concentrates the best - but if all I have is powder in the cupboard, then I will take a can of diet rite, a powder HNS, and some ice cubes and throw it all in the blender. It is the only way that gets me to drink the powder! I like wildberry passion powder with Diet Rite Cherry Cola the best.

~Shannon
Shannon...that sounds delicious....great tip.
Old 06-02-2009, 11:17 PM   #63  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori123321 View Post
Found Crystal Light has a fiber/protein on the go pack. 5 grams of fiber and 3 of protein. Using that along with the MRC fibers. The Crystal Light is cheap too! Only comes in banana/strawberry flavor and found it at Walmart. Benefiber has a Cherry Pomegranete but only 3 grams of fiber. Trying to save pennies right now and seems like a good place to start.
Is this comparable to the HNS's....I am always for saving money...
Old 06-03-2009, 04:01 PM   #64  

S/C/G: 250/ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Found Crystal Light has a fiber/protein on the go pack. 5 grams of fiber and 3 of protein. Using that along with the MRC fibers. The Crystal Light is cheap too! Only comes in banana/strawberry flavor and found it at Walmart. Benefiber has a Cherry Pomegranete but only 3 grams of fiber. Trying to save pennies right now and seems like a good place to start.

Well, here's the stats on the typical HNS (Grape concentrate)...
Calories: 70, Total fat 0, Cholesterol 0, Sodium 5 m, Potassium 10 mg, Total Carb 2 mg, Fiber 0, Sugars 2, Protein 15 g. Ingredients: hydrolyzed gelatin, water, fructose, citric acid, corn syrup solids, natural and artifical flavor (contains lactose0 potassium sorbate and sodium benzoate to preserve fresness, sucralose, red 40, blue 1.

That would be a lot of crystal light to = 1 HNS. But, using it for fiber supplementation with bonus of some protein, sounds reasonable to me.
Karen1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 07:14 PM   #65  

S/C/G: 206/169/130

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifties Lady View Post
Is this comparable to the HNS's....I am always for saving money...
Fifties Lady- I checked the side of the boxes and there are slight differences in the fiber drinks, Crystal Light 30 cal, sodium 20, carb 6, fiber 5, protein 3. MRC cal 20, sodium 5, carb 5, fiber 5, protein 0. I am going to brink it to WI tomorrow to see what they say. Will let you know
Just thinking that I am questioning 10 cal and if that would hurt me or not. 1 month ago I would have not even questioned having an another beer or one of my frufru drinks. Calorie wise anyway!
Lori123321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 10:47 PM   #66  

S/C/G: 220/201/160

Height: 5' 7"

You ladies are just too...ladylike. I tear a corner off my liquid concentrate and suck it down.

But not in public.
Dolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 03:53 AM   #67  

Quote:
Originally Posted by little edie View Post
You ladies are just too...ladylike. I tear a corner off my liquid concentrate and suck it down.

But not in public.

Have not tried that yet! But have floored a waiter and a bartender. I ask for a glass of ice water and wait until they leave, pour in the concentrate and hide the package. They come back and see the colored drink and get confused. Think the bartender thought I was sneaking booze into the bar!
Old 06-04-2009, 07:59 PM   #68  
-Jacque

S/C/G: 195/see ticker/145

Height: 5'5.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by joz View Post
Ok Dumb question here. What are you using for fiber? I am starting to have a problem....
I use the fiber packets that they have at the center
JacAg08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 10:38 PM   #69  

Quote:
Fifties Lady- I checked the side of the boxes and there are slight differences in the fiber drinks, Crystal Light 30 cal, sodium 20, carb 6, fiber 5, protein 3. MRC cal 20, sodium 5, carb 5, fiber 5, protein 0. I am going to brink it to WI tomorrow to see what they say. Will let you know
Just thinking that I am questioning 10 cal and if that would hurt me or not. 1 month ago I would have not even questioned having an another beer or one of my frufru drinks. Calorie wise anyway!

Lori...thank you....I will be anxious to see what MRC says about it...
Old 06-05-2009, 03:44 AM   #70  

The answer I had from MRC is that they are comparable to the fiber drinks, not the HNS. They could not endorse the crystal light versions but said to try them and see if I noticed a difference with the weight loss, stomach issues and if so then to stop using them. FYI the counselor I spoke to was a little impressed with the additional protein in them and my argument that we were allowed crystal light anyway.
Old 06-05-2009, 05:50 AM   #71  
Samantha

S/C/G: 200/159/150

Height: 5'7"

I use the Fit Day software to track everything I put into my mouth and my physical activities. Also, I use a small, digital scale to weight food. I was surprised at how easy it is to under estimate how many calories are in foods. This may seem like a lot of work, but it only takes me a few moments a day. I put the food into Fit Day BEFORE I eat it so I can decide if the new calories are important to me.
Samantha100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 08:02 AM   #72  

Quote:
The answer I had from MRC is that they are comparable to the fiber drinks, not the HNS. They could not endorse the crystal light versions but said to try them and see if I noticed a difference with the weight loss, stomach issues and if so then to stop using them. FYI the counselor I spoke to was a little impressed with the additional protein in them and my argument that we were allowed crystal light anyway.
Lori...thanks for the update. So what is this called and where can you get it? I'm thinking maybe using a couple along with maybe 2-3 HNS's per day and see if that would work. Do you know what the cost is compared to MRC's cost? Thanks again.
Old 06-05-2009, 12:01 PM   #73  

S/C/G: 318/ticker/200

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by little edie View Post

But not in public.
I'm a shot girl ... I miss drinking a shot or a few over the weekends. SO ... last night I wanted a little drink to relax. So I fooled myself. I took a grape HNS and put it into a shot glass and downed it. HAHA. Bitter, just like a shot. LOL
Juniemoonie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 12:01 AM   #74  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juniemoonie View Post
I'm a shot girl ... I miss drinking a shot or a few over the weekends. SO ... last night I wanted a little drink to relax. So I fooled myself. I took a grape HNS and put it into a shot glass and downed it. HAHA. Bitter, just like a shot. LOL
Hey Juniemoonie...how about making it into "jello shots"....would that be possible? Sounds yummy!!!
Old 06-06-2009, 05:13 PM   #75  
jace1234

S/C/G: 214/170/140

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juniemoonie View Post
Please tell me that didn't really fool you...lets face it here, there is nothing like a shot except... a shot, unfortunately, that is partly how most of us go into this chubby situation! LOL
Jace1234 is offline   Reply With Quote