Old 05-31-2009, 05:22 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 255/see ticker/175

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Succeed09 View Post
June, have you tried the concentrates instead of the powdered HNS? I hated the powders, even if mixed well. The concentrates I think are great. I actually mix them with 1/2 can of Diet Rite Tangerine or Red Raspberry, and they're delicious. The HNS makes the soda foam a little, so the end result is a creamier dessert-tasting drink to me. I only use about a 1/2 can a) because then the foaming doesn't overrun my cup and b) using the whole can dilutes the taste of the HNS to me.

I like the Orange, Kiwi (tastes like a green Jolly Rancher), and Mixed Berry with the Tangerine Diet Rite. I also like them with the Red raspberry Diet Rite. Maybe try some other combinations to find something you like.

If you've already purchased powders, see if your center has a swap basket, and that way you can try different flavors of the concentrates without buying entire boxes.

At a dessert class last week they also had us taste the Strawberry Banana gelatin (jello) HNS with the Vanilla Pudding creamy HNS as a 'frosting' on the jello. It was really good! At lunch you could add fresh strawberries or raspberries. In order to get only one total HNS at one time, you would eat only 1/2 the jello/pudding mixture at a time. I've made it a couple of times since then with the fruit, and that's really good, too. I'm not a vanilla pudding lover, but as a frosting on the jello it's really good. And, the vanilla pudding HNS mixes really easy by hand...not like the chocolate one that clumps up.

I've used the swap basket several times, so definitely check that out, too!

Succeed,
You make everything sound sooo good! I hadn't tried the Diet Rite, but I think I will. During the summer I crave ice cream ~ really bad. I need a sweet replacement.
Thanks!
sknymom2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 07:18 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 256/217.5/150

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jace1234 View Post
That's it fiftieslady... I want my magic bullet back!!!!! LOL Just kidding, I am thrilled that you are getting great ideas for its use...I am using my food processor to do the same!
Whew!!!!
Fifties Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 07:32 PM   #48  

Ok....I have a question....I had planned to buy the 10 box special the day I join of HNS's......but now I'm confused...I had planned on the powder...but it sounds like the concentrated are the ways to go.....how do other's feel about the powder. I don't want to buy a big supply without knowing what to get and flavors....I wish they would have a variety box to let you try them out before purchasing the 10 boxes. I didn't know you could mix the HNS's with anything but water....so that is ok with MRC? (Like it will break the law..lol)
Old 05-31-2009, 07:55 PM   #49  

S/C/G: 201/See ticker/140

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifties Lady View Post
Ok....I have a question....I had planned to buy the 10 box special the day I join of HNS's......but now I'm confused...I had planned on the powder...but it sounds like the concentrated are the ways to go.....how do other's feel about the powder. I don't want to buy a big supply without knowing what to get and flavors....I wish they would have a variety box to let you try them out before purchasing the 10 boxes. I didn't know you could mix the HNS's with anything but water....so that is ok with MRC? (Like it will break the law..lol)
You can mix HNS with other OP liquid, but it doesn't count toward your water intake.

I've ended up doing the 10 box special 3 times to get the things I wanted! Look at the recipe thread, and see if you want to make any recipes using the Chicken Bouillion or Cream of Chicken. If so, you need to put a box of each on your shopping list. Also, the fiber can count, as can the puddings, Strawberry Banana gelatin and Hot Cocoa, which is a favorite of many people. You could also just get one box of Chicken Bouillion and then swap a couple for Cream of Chicken when it's in the swap basket. Our swap basket has 'lots' of the powdered HNS. But there are also concentrates, too. Different strokes for different folks!!

At the first food class, they did let us sample several of the HNS, but only about 3 out of many different flavors. Also, some flavors don't come in both concentrate and powder...like Pink Lemonade is only powdered I think.

And, you could try to share with someone else in your food class. Each of you buy different flavors and then do your own swap to make your own 'sample' pack.
Succeed09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 08:35 PM   #50  
-Jacque

S/C/G: 195/see ticker/145

Height: 5'5.5"

Personally, my 2 favorite flavors (lemon and grapefruit) are in powder. I bought a couple of these plastic mixing water bottles (for $1 each) and use them throughout the day (cleaning them between HNS). I also mix the fiber into my HNS drinks. These little mixing things hold 16 oz of liquid, but I fill it up with less water, put in my fiber and HNS, and it mixes really really well.

I have bought flavors that ended up not liking as much or I had a lot of, and would bring them each time to my center and get 1 or 2 packets of something new to try or of a flavor I really like.
JacAg08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 08:41 PM   #51  

Thank you for the tips....I think with my first class, I won't be able to use any of the creams because I kind of read on here you have to be on a different colored plan first. I have read so many yummy ideas about the creams, that I want to join just for them..lol.

I hope they let you sample some of the HNS's during my first class so I can make a wise decision then. I am trying to absorb so much stuff, that this is worse than my school days.....which has been many, many moons ago.

Again...thanks for all your input...it is helping me.
Old 05-31-2009, 10:17 PM   #52  
Shelby

S/C/G: 153/151/130

Depending on your program it may be a week and a half or so before you can start the creamys...but oh so yummy when you can. The same is true for the diet sodium/caffeine free soda. But it won't take long before you start incorporating these into your diet... I don't personally drink my allowed soda but some of the above ideas sound GREAT LOL Good luck
dietingagain22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 10:20 PM   #53  
Shelby

S/C/G: 153/151/130

khunter, good ideas on the magic bullet I bet it'd whip up a real creamy chocolate pudding....I forgot how clumpy that was til I mixed one Friday at work. My personal fave (from memory two years ago) is a creamy lemon custard pudding HNS in a blender with 4 oz cottage cheese and a little water to thin...delicious...I can't wait until I get on the green menu to give this a shot again...
dietingagain22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 02:05 PM   #54  

S/C/G: 250/ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Thank you for the tips....I think with my first class, I won't be able to use any of the creams because I kind of read on here you have to be on a different colored plan first. I have read so many yummy ideas about the creams, that I want to join just for them..lol.

I hope they let you sample some of the HNS's during my first class so I can make a wise decision then. I am trying to absorb so much stuff, that this is worse than my school days.....which has been many, many moons ago.

Again...thanks for all your input...it is helping me.

Fifties Lady,
You're going to be the most knowledgeable new MRC'er at your center!! I remember being so confused about all this when I 1st started, you've got a real leg up here lady :0) I always wondered about the soda in the HNS as well. Someone here once said it was a no-no but recently I was at my center and they actually had it as a suggestion to mix your liquid HNS with Diet Rite lemon-lime. I've honestly been mixing mine with Sprite zero for a while now - specifically the grape concentrate and I love it. I asked my counselor about that last weekend, she said if it's the Sprite Zero in the can - OK, if in the bottle no - has to do with the sodium content. Oops... I use bottled. Oh well, I will have to go find some cans or find the DIet rite instead. Anyways, It does bubble over though if you're not careful so go slowly when mixing. I love the idea of using DR raspberry or orange with an HNS. Other drinks I think are good: Lemonade Powderered, Pink Lemonade powdered, Orange concentrate, Strawberry Banana Gelatin, Chocolate pudding, chocolate drink (both creamys), Vanilla Pudding. It is a good idea to get a box of the Chicken Boullion for recipes and the powdered lemonade and Vanilla Pudding is a must if you ever plan to make the Amazing cheesecake recipe from cookbook which I think is absolutely divine. Good Luck and can't wait for you to start.

Last edited by Karen1234; 06-01-2009 at 02:07 PM.
Karen1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 08:13 PM   #55  

S/C/G: 196.5/see ticker/140

I really like the grape and mixed berry concentrates the best - but if all I have is powder in the cupboard, then I will take a can of diet rite, a powder HNS, and some ice cubes and throw it all in the blender. It is the only way that gets me to drink the powder! I like wildberry passion powder with Diet Rite Cherry Cola the best.

~Shannon

Last edited by Shan76; 06-01-2009 at 08:13 PM.
Shan76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 11:20 PM   #56  

S/C/G: 206/169/130

Height: 5'2"

Found Crystal Light has a fiber/protein on the go pack. 5 grams of fiber and 3 of protein. Using that along with the MRC fibers. The Crystal Light is cheap too! Only comes in banana/strawberry flavor and found it at Walmart. Benefiber has a Cherry Pomegranete but only 3 grams of fiber. Trying to save pennies right now and seems like a good place to start.
Lori123321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 05:32 AM   #57  
joz

S/C/G: 250/225/140

Height: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacAg08 View Post
Personally, my 2 favorite flavors (lemon and grapefruit) are in powder. I bought a couple of these plastic mixing water bottles (for $1 each) and use them throughout the day (cleaning them between HNS). I also mix the fiber into my HNS drinks. These little mixing things hold 16 oz of liquid, but I fill it up with less water, put in my fiber and HNS, and it mixes really really well.

I have bought flavors that ended up not liking as much or I had a lot of, and would bring them each time to my center and get 1 or 2 packets of something new to try or of a flavor I really like.
Ok Dumb question here. What are you using for fiber? I am starting to have a problem....
joz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 09:01 AM   #58  

S/C/G: 253.5/241.5/159

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by joz View Post
Ok Dumb question here. What are you using for fiber? I am starting to have a problem....
The Internal Cleanser that you can buy at MRC works great. It works the perfect amount - not to little, not too much. :-)
iwillwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 09:47 AM   #59  

S/C/G: 183/140/135

Height: 5'3"

Lori, I think you are on the right track with the Crystal Light. I know the centers tell you not to drink it, and that it doesn't count as your water, but I know that mixing my lunch HNS with 32 oz of water and Crystal Light helps get me through the day, and it tastes so good! I like the Mixed Berry HNS (always the concentrate for me), and the Raspberry Lemondade Crystal Light - so yummy!!!

I just dump everything in a large water bottle from Wal Mart and just shake it up and go - so quick and easy!

I also use the orange concentrate in a glass of water in the morning with breakfast, and it makes me think I am having my orange juice - although, it really tastes more like Tang - it is still so good!

Hope this helps!
sherryanncard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 11:23 AM   #60  

S/C/G: 318/ticker/200

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
At the food class I bought 5 boxes and mixed it up. And then what I didn't like I traded out to try new flavors. And then I just purchased 5 more boxes and added 2 boxes of creamy. I keep them some in THE drawer at home and some in my top drawer at work... that way I always have a choice. And my suggestion with the powders is to first mix it with about 2 ounces of warm/hot water. It will mix so much easier ... this is what I do at work. And then I add ice and it melts making up the rest of my water.
Juniemoonie is offline   Reply With Quote