Old 05-27-2009, 04:34 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 234/seetracker/170

Height: 5'7

One thing that really helped me stay organized with my pills is Vitamian cottage has these square pill holders. With all the pills we have to take with each meal, i bought one of those for each meal. So i have 2 little boxes i take with me everywhere that i wrote Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner. There are 7 compartments in it and in the 7th i put my fat and carb blockers in there. That way I only have to deal with filling up my pill containers once a week, and i always have them with me.
Also the Now Brand Cider Vinegar Diet formula is a much less expensive alternative for MRC6.
Water also had been my best friend. I drink about a gallon a day and I believe it has helped me so much.
LauraSerendipity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 04:41 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 256/217.5/150

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraSerendipity View Post
One thing that really helped me stay organized with my pills is Vitamian cottage has these square pill holders. With all the pills we have to take with each meal, i bought one of those for each meal. So i have 2 little boxes i take with me everywhere that i wrote Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner. There are 7 compartments in it and in the 7th i put my fat and carb blockers in there. That way I only have to deal with filling up my pill containers once a week, and i always have them with me.
Also the Now Brand Cider Vinegar Diet formula is a much less expensive alternative for MRC6.
Water also had been my best friend. I drink about a gallon a day and I believe it has helped me so much.
Laura...where do you get the Now Brand Cider Vinegar Diet formula? Great hint for the pill boxes also..thanks.
Fifties Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 05:05 PM   #18  
dla
Denise

S/C/G: 321/ticker/175

Height: 5'-10"

There are a couple of things that help me to "lose quicker":

1. Drink at least half my weight in ounces of water.
2. Use at least one fiber per day.
3. Maximize my flax seed capsules.
4. Maximize the HNS. I used to think this was ridiculous, but I have found that it actually does make a difference.
5. Exercise, but not more than 30 minutes per day.
6. Get enough sleep. I have found that I retain water when I don't get enough sleep.
7. This one may seem silly, but EAT COMPLETELY ON PLAN. Don't have a taste of anything not on plan.

I am certainly not by any means a model MRC client, but I have lost almost 80 pounds so far and I am still sticking with it.
dla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 05:07 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 318/ticker/200

Height: 5'7"

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifties Lady View Post
Laura...where do you get the Now Brand Cider Vinegar Diet formula? Great hint for the pill boxes also..thanks.

Works the same and cheap ... two phrases I like! I did a search. I went to their website http://www.nowfoods.com. Did a store locator and found one in my town. I also found it a couple places online.... WAY WAY cheaper than MRC6.

I'm going to check it out this weekend.
Juniemoonie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 09:13 PM   #20  

Quote:
Originally Posted by dla View Post
There are a couple of things that help me to "lose quicker":

1. Drink at least half my weight in ounces of water.
2. Use at least one fiber per day.
3. Maximize my flax seed capsules.
4. Maximize the HNS. I used to think this was ridiculous, but I have found that it actually does make a difference.
5. Exercise, but not more than 30 minutes per day.
6. Get enough sleep. I have found that I retain water when I don't get enough sleep.
7. This one may seem silly, but EAT COMPLETELY ON PLAN. Don't have a taste of anything not on plan.

I am certainly not by any means a model MRC client, but I have lost almost 80 pounds so far and I am still sticking with it.
Denise, I am so impressed with your weight loss...you are a real trooper girl. Thank you for the tips....they are good.

I have a couple of questions, why don't they want you to excercise much? And what does the flax seed capsules do for you?
Old 05-27-2009, 09:15 PM   #21  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juniemoonie View Post
Works the same and cheap ... two phrases I like! I did a search. I went to their website http://www.nowfoods.com. Did a store locator and found one in my town. I also found it a couple places online.... WAY WAY cheaper than MRC6.

I'm going to check it out this weekend.
Thank you Juniemoonie.....(love your name) Do you know if these have the same ingredients as MRC-6? Thanks for the website....can you tell me what store you found them in also....I'm not good at ordering things on line...I have this trust issue...lol.
Old 05-27-2009, 09:36 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 278/185/165

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Denise, I am so impressed with your weight loss...you are a real trooper girl. Thank you for the tips....they are good.

I have a couple of questions, why don't they want you to excercise much? And what does the flax seed capsules do for you?
Fifties Lady, I don't think it's that they (MRC staff) don't want you to exercise, it's that they know that as you're trying to adjust to all the rules we have to follow, to add a strict exercise requirement would be too much. Muscle also weighs more than fat (and burns calories at a much higher rate than fat), so some people actually experience a "stall" or slight weight gain when they start exercising more and build more muscle mass. That might discourage some, but I think you can get around it by having your Tanita stats done at your WI, to see if your muscle mass is increasing. I think developing a habit of exercise is great for a number of reasons, even besides weight loss, and I keep hearing that it is key to maintaining weight loss long-term. In other words, if you can, start exercising! As far as the flax seed capsules, as I found out the hard way, if you don't get this oil in your system, you will get "backed up", which is uncomfortable and may keep you from showing a weight loss. I've read other people on here say they buy their flax seed capsules and evening primrose oil elsewhere, since it's a lot cheaper than MRC's. 'Hope this helps! --JJ
jjackson106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 09:44 PM   #23  

J....yes it did...thank you. I love all the tidbits I am getting from all you lovely ladies. That makes sense about the Flax seed capsules...I bought 4 huge bottles of them so I'm ready....right now....constipation is not a problem...it's just the opposite....I'm wondering if too many salads are doing this?
Old 05-27-2009, 09:58 PM   #24  
Tired & disgusted...

S/C/G: 280/279/180-160

Height: 5'6"

i was warned that the "opposite" might happen but i'd been eating salads and veggies before i started mrc. i only started mrc because what i was trying on my own wasn't working. now i don't eat cheese more than once a week for the opposite of your opposite reason, have maxed the flax and still have my daily olive oil most days on my salads at lunch. the internal cleanser is supposed to help no matter which way the problem is going and it's relatively cheap compared to the rest so i have a bottle i keep around to take for a couple days when i can tell i need it.

as for things that have helped me, it's just learning to not beat myself up when i have something that's off plan, to make smarter decisions abt what i'm having that's off plan - like bread instead of fruit for lunch when at a restaurant that doesn't have fruit or stealing some of my mom's fat free ranch for the three broccoli spears on my salad only or something that's a cheat but so tiny it cldn't cause me to stall but gives me that little bit of something that i feel i'm missing due to the length i've been on this plan. *5 months feels like forever this week!*
ford4life69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 10:00 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 278/185/165

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
J....yes it did...thank you. I love all the tidbits I am getting from all you lovely ladies. That makes sense about the Flax seed capsules...I bought 4 huge bottles of them so I'm ready....right now....constipation is not a problem...it's just the opposite....I'm wondering if too many salads are doing this?
Fifties Lady, It took about 3 weeks on the diet for me to start getting constipated. How long have you been doing the diet (your profile said your join date was "May 2009")? You might not have been on long enough to experience this yet! Also, someone was asking about the Now Foods' Cider Vinegar Diet Formula vs. MRC's MRC-6. I compared the two's ingredients, and they're not exact, but seem pretty darn close. Also, it looks like you can find it at healthfood stores; in CO, Sunflower Market, Vitamin Cottage, Whole Foods, etc. I'm sure it's cheaper; I plan to check it out!--JJ
jjackson106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 10:22 PM   #26  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjackson106 View Post
Fifties Lady, It took about 3 weeks on the diet for me to start getting constipated. How long have you been doing the diet (your profile said your join date was "May 2009")? You might not have been on long enough to experience this yet! Also, someone was asking about the Now Foods' Cider Vinegar Diet Formula vs. MRC's MRC-6. I compared the two's ingredients, and they're not exact, but seem pretty darn close. Also, it looks like you can find it at healthfood stores; in CO, Sunflower Market, Vitamin Cottage, Whole Foods, etc. I'm sure it's cheaper; I plan to check it out!--JJ
JJ...I started posting in May on here, after reading and researching MRC a few weeks prior. I went in for my free consultation, and after figuring out the cost of the HNS for 24 weeks while on plan, I decided to wait and think about it...so I was told I would have to wait the following Friday if I didn't join then, so I thought that would give me a week to think about it. But from all the reading, I stopped the caffene and sugar and started drinking water and more water and more water....lol....I kind of followed the SB diet since I had good luck before on it.....then I made the appt. with MRC to join, and that same day, we had a death in the family, so I cancelled and went out of town for ten days. I just got back on Tuesday and I was so busy catching up at work, that I had to cancel my schedule appt. for that day, and now since I didn't join, I have to wait till next Friday to beable to go to my first class. So with family coming in, I have decided to join on June 8th...I pray nothing keeps me from doing it this time. I am kicking myself for not joining that first night now because I would have a whole month under my belt...(not a good play on words....I have enough under my belt now..lol) So...that's where I am today....but I have gone out and bought the flax, multi vits and dug out my scale. I'm also looking into purchasing the Magic Bullet, since I read it really helps to mix the HNS's. So I'm pretty much ready....even started walking again last week, which really makes me feel so much better.

So that's where I am right now. Just continue reading from everyone here and asking lots of questions.....I think I am quite prepared now and know what questions to ask when I join. You women have all been so super here, and I feel like I know each and everyone of you....you all seem like family and everyone is so supportive. It's a great place to come after a day of work.
Old 05-27-2009, 11:56 PM   #27  

Quote:
Thank you Juniemoonie.....(love your name) Do you know if these have the same ingredients as MRC-6? Thanks for the website....can you tell me what store you found them in also....I'm not good at ordering things on line...I have this trust issue...lol.
It was somewhere on here that someone said they were the same. I have a friend on the MRC6 and he's going to give me the next empty bottle he has and I'm going to compare. There were a couple of places here in Omaha that it could be found--but I think the biggest name brand place was Whole Foods. If you go to the website, on the left-hand side is a thing about store locator ... put in your zip code and there you go.
Old 05-27-2009, 11:58 PM   #28  

Hey ... another question. How many Flax Seed pills are you guys taking? My bottle says 1-2 a day and not to exceed the dosage... I've just been doing the 2.
Old 05-28-2009, 01:18 PM   #29  
Tired & disgusted...

S/C/G: 280/279/180-160

Height: 5'6"

i do 3 per meal for a total of 9 per day. my bottle said 6 per day but that wasn't enough. since i've started taking 9 my problem has gotten better and i've had no adverse affects from taking too much.
ford4life69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 09:59 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 220/201/160

Height: 5' 7"

Since I switched to the green menu, I've been very hungry between meals. I added the fiber twice a day and it keeps my stomach from growling for about half an hour. I LOVE the supplements, lol. I was disappointed I had to cut back to four a day.

noahsmama, I am terrible at cooking vegetables. I eat them either raw or steam them. We got a new grill on Memorial Day so I'm going to look for some grilled vegetables recipes to adapt for it.

I also weigh in right after I get up. The only thing to pass between my lips is a toothbrush. I hurry to the center wearing my lightest clothes. I have this old pair of unflattering khaki shorts along with one of my Old Navy t-shirts for WI so I look sloppy but I'm lighter than in my jeans.

I have IBS so I can't do the flax seed. I bought it in case I would have a problem with constipation but I haven't even opened the bottle.
Dolly is offline   Reply With Quote