Old 05-28-2009, 10:04 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 220/201/160

Height: 5' 7"

I forgot to add that I bought one of those plastic hobby organizers for buttons, etc. at Hobby Lobby for $2 to put pills in but I never use it. It reminds me too much of my mother and the pharmacy she has sitting on her table.

I live my pills at home in their original bottles and squish some in a empty travel Tylenol container for work.
Dolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 10:35 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 256/217.5/150

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juniemoonie View Post
Works the same and cheap ... two phrases I like! I did a search. I went to their website http://www.nowfoods.com. Did a store locator and found one in my town. I also found it a couple places online.... WAY WAY cheaper than MRC6.

I'm going to check it out this weekend.
Thank you Juniemoonie....I found two stores in my area too....going Saturday...thanks for the info.
Fifties Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 11:19 AM   #33  

S/C/G: 172/see ticker/152

Height: 6'0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by little edie View Post
I forgot to add that I bought one of those plastic hobby organizers for buttons, etc. at Hobby Lobby for $2 to put pills in but I never use it.
I have one of those too! Mine has 3 rows of 5 so that covers 3 days plus I have one of those smaller 7 compartment pill boxes. So every 4 days I go through my bagillions of pills and put them in the big button/craft box so that it's easier to get my pills for the day into the 7 compartment pill box each morning. It just seems easier for me to do 4 days at once so I only have to open the pill bottles twice a week.
lcmaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 03:57 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 318/ticker/200

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifties Lady View Post
Thank you Juniemoonie....I found two stores in my area too....going Saturday...thanks for the info.
Whole foods? I'm going to check out the one out on 108th (ish) either tonight or tomorrow.
Juniemoonie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 04:09 PM   #35  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ford4life69 View Post
i do 3 per meal for a total of 9 per day. my bottle said 6 per day but that wasn't enough. since i've started taking 9 my problem has gotten better and i've had no adverse affects from taking too much.
you do 9 flax seed a day? oh my. Maybe I need to check my bottle again for max dosage.
Old 05-29-2009, 09:42 PM   #36  
Shelby

S/C/G: 153/151/130

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
I'm also looking into purchasing the Magic Bullet, since I read it really helps to mix the HNS's.
I take a 16.9 oz water bottle...drink half...cut a small corner off the HNS packet...dump it in...shake it up...let it sit for 5 mins or so...give it a little shake and drink up....most of them mix up AMAZINGLY well like this....that'll save lots of $$ ...you can reuse water bottles again and again and again...I refill them...
dietingagain22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 10:09 PM   #37  

Quote:
Whole foods? I'm going to check out the one out on 108th (ish) either tonight or tomorrow.
h c

Junie, I called the two here and they don't carry them...but they could order them for me....I think he said they are $14 a bottle of 180. I looked them up on line and they are so much cheaper....but I didn't check out the S&H fees. I think they were about $9, so probably about the same buying them locally.

It would be so nice if these are the exact MRC-6....that would be quite a savings.
Old 05-29-2009, 10:14 PM   #38  

Quote:
Originally Posted by dietingagain22 View Post
I take a 16.9 oz water bottle...drink half...cut a small corner off the HNS packet...dump it in...shake it up...let it sit for 5 mins or so...give it a little shake and drink up....most of them mix up AMAZINGLY well like this....that'll save lots of $$ ...you can reuse water bottles again and again and again...I refill them...
Thanks for the tip. I just thought I had read some where that they didn't mix very well...but this 'shakem up" seems to be a good idea. I did find a friend on here that is selling me hers, so I will give it a shot...if it's too much of a hassle, I will go your route. Is this something you have to drink down fast or is it a sipping drink? And do you do it before you eat or drink while you are eating? Just curious because I have heard so much about the flavors and all, but wasn't sure when and how you partake in them...
Old 05-30-2009, 09:18 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 278/185/165

Height: 5'9"

Fifties Lady, I actually prefer to put the clear fruit-flavored supplements in the freezer, then take them out and suck them out of the plastic package they come in. I know, it sounds gross, but I do like the taste better than mixing them with water, especially now that the weather's hotter. Also, I did pick up Now Foods' "Cider Vinegar Diet Formula" at Sunflower Market today (it's similar to MRC's MRC-6). I believe I paid $13.00 for 180 pills. I'm considering starting to take "policosanol" to try to reduce my cholesterol. Does anyone have any experience with this? It's supposed to work better than prescription statin drugs, without the negative side effects. 'Hope everyone has a great weekend!--JJ
jjackson106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 09:52 PM   #40  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjackson106 View Post
Fifties Lady, I actually prefer to put the clear fruit-flavored supplements in the freezer, then take them out and suck them out of the plastic package they come in. I know, it sounds gross, but I do like the taste better than mixing them with water, especially now that the weather's hotter. Also, I did pick up Now Foods' "Cider Vinegar Diet Formula" at Sunflower Market today (it's similar to MRC's MRC-6). I believe I paid $13.00 for 180 pills. I'm considering starting to take "policosanol" to try to reduce my cholesterol. Does anyone have any experience with this? It's supposed to work better than prescription statin drugs, without the negative side effects. 'Hope everyone has a great weekend!--JJ
That sounds like a great idea....you are talking about the concentrated pkgs., right? So do you think the "Cider Vinegar" is the same as MRC-6? I will probably order them when the time comes....I know one of the stores said he would order them for me since he doesn't carry them...I think he said $14 a bottle. I do not know anything about the "plicosanol" for cholesterol....I know two years ago, the Dr wanted me to go on satins, but I told him to give me a chance to lose weight first...I am so glad I didn't get on them....after I join MRC, I will be interested to see what my cholesterol will be when I go in for my annual exam......maybe I can get off the BP meds...hope hope.
Old 05-31-2009, 05:44 AM   #41  

I'm havings issues choking down the HNS. I don't like the taste ... I've tried them without water ... with water. with 2 oz more water. Just ick. Now I mix them with about 2 oz of water and drink it like a shot of tequila. To me it's the same nasty taste. I'm just so not happy with them. My person at the center told me to try the other flavors. Fine. Whatever. But ick. LOL

And for those of you mixing the powders ... I figured it out. I use about an ounce or two of hot water from the tap... hotest I can get it ... then either add ice and let it melt or add cold water. I have always found that powder stuff mixes better in warm/hot water.
Old 05-31-2009, 12:25 PM   #42  

S/C/G: 169.5/ticker/139

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by dietingagain22 View Post
I use my magic bullet for so many other things other than the HNS...to me it was a GREAT investment! My kids love root bear/ice cream smoothies that you can blend and I just use my diet root beer and vanilla creamy. You can also make bread crumbs out of melba or toast. I use mine almost everyday for one thing or another.
khunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 01:17 PM   #43  

Quote:
Originally Posted by khunter View Post
I use my magic bullet for so many other things other than the HNS...to me it was a GREAT investment! My kids love root bear/ice cream smoothies that you can blend and I just use my diet root beer and vanilla creamy. You can also make bread crumbs out of melba or toast. I use mine almost everyday for one thing or another.

Oh no!!!! I just bought a Magic Bullet from another poster on here....I hope she won't want it back now....lol.

Thanks for the tips....I am anxious to start using it.
Old 05-31-2009, 01:24 PM   #44  
jace1234

S/C/G: 214/170/140

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Oh no!!!! I just bought a Magic Bullet from another poster on here....I hope she won't want it back now....lol.

Thanks for the tips....I am anxious to start using it.
That's it fiftieslady... I want my magic bullet back!!!!! LOL Just kidding, I am thrilled that you are getting great ideas for its use...I am using my food processor to do the same!
Jace1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 02:36 PM   #45  

S/C/G: 201/See ticker/140

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
I'm havings issues choking down the HNS. I don't like the taste ... I've tried them without water ... with water. with 2 oz more water. Just ick. Now I mix them with about 2 oz of water and drink it like a shot of tequila. To me it's the same nasty taste. I'm just so not happy with them. My person at the center told me to try the other flavors. Fine. Whatever. But ick. LOL

And for those of you mixing the powders ... I figured it out. I use about an ounce or two of hot water from the tap... hotest I can get it ... then either add ice and let it melt or add cold water. I have always found that powder stuff mixes better in warm/hot water.
June, have you tried the concentrates instead of the powdered HNS? I hated the powders, even if mixed well. The concentrates I think are great. I actually mix them with 1/2 can of Diet Rite Tangerine or Red Raspberry, and they're delicious. The HNS makes the soda foam a little, so the end result is a creamier dessert-tasting drink to me. I only use about a 1/2 can a) because then the foaming doesn't overrun my cup and b) using the whole can dilutes the taste of the HNS to me.

I like the Orange, Kiwi (tastes like a green Jolly Rancher), and Mixed Berry with the Tangerine Diet Rite. I also like them with the Red raspberry Diet Rite. Maybe try some other combinations to find something you like.

If you've already purchased powders, see if your center has a swap basket, and that way you can try different flavors of the concentrates without buying entire boxes.

At a dessert class last week they also had us taste the Strawberry Banana gelatin (jello) HNS with the Vanilla Pudding creamy HNS as a 'frosting' on the jello. It was really good! At lunch you could add fresh strawberries or raspberries. In order to get only one total HNS at one time, you would eat only 1/2 the jello/pudding mixture at a time. I've made it a couple of times since then with the fruit, and that's really good, too. I'm not a vanilla pudding lover, but as a frosting on the jello it's really good. And, the vanilla pudding HNS mixes really easy by hand...not like the chocolate one that clumps up.

I've used the swap basket several times, so definitely check that out, too!
Succeed09 is offline   Reply With Quote