Old 05-23-2009, 01:01 AM   #1  
jace1234

S/C/G: 214/170/140

Height: 5'5"

Default these things help lose faster/easier...

Hi everyone, I had an idea for a new thread where we all could post things that we have found that help us to lose faster/easier...whether it be supplements from the center or water intake or exercise, whatever...Hopefully through this thread we can give great ideas to people currently on program as well as those considering MRC... I will start with the first helpful suggestion for all...DRINK WATER (and lots of it!) ...Can't wait to hear suggestions from all of the rest of you! Love you all!
Jace1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 03:09 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 239/219/170

I'm pretty early in my journey (5 weeks in) but I got measured yesterday and I'm down 16.5 inches so I'm a big MRC6 believer.

Last edited by smash0530; 05-23-2009 at 03:10 PM.
smash0530 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 03:55 PM   #3  
jace1234

Quote:
Originally Posted by smash0530 View Post
I'm pretty early in my journey (5 weeks in) but I got measured yesterday and I'm down 16.5 inches so I'm a big MRC6 believer.
Wow smash! Great job! I like MRC 6 too.
Old 05-23-2009, 04:32 PM   #4  
Shelby

S/C/G: 153/151/130

Height: 5'4"

Default Tips...

Hey Ladies, well this is my third time on the MRC program. I lost 25lbs after college (freshmen 15 turned to 25)....I was able to keep the weight off until I became pregnant...so after having two babies I lost 25lbs again on Metabolic...BUT when I got back to my pre-pregnancy weight everyone kept asking me if I was pregnant. I was 125lbs and was asked at least once a week when I was due or was congratulated on my pregnancy...at that time I was on the stabilization program and threw in the towel...I quit the program and gained the weight back... It's been two years and I'm ready to get back on track and forget about what other people think of me... I am 145 lbs and plan on losing 20lbs.

So I'm an old pro at Metabolic...there were some different pills that rocked the house when I first did Metabolic...but those pills have since been discontinued due to the gov't banning effedrine...so their new miracle pills are the all day weight loss, corti trim and mrc 6...I take them all...I really think the all day weight loss is the best of the three if you had to pick one...but I also take a multi vitamin, hair skin nails, flax seed oil in mass quantities, gelatin and Vitamin D.

The cookbook is amazing. It really does add a lot of variety into the everyday monotany of eating the same thing over and over again....

BUT I found that one of my biggest downfalls is when I start getting creative with the foods...making tasty treats from the cookbook....And I think I've figured out why. You should eat to live not live to eat. When I stick to the basics, eat what I need to live I do good. But when I start doctoring up the food and making it a tasty treat I start living to eat. I start dreaming up my next meal. I get consumed in the thoughts of my next meal.

Now I know it's not fun to eat the same thing again and again and again. But I really have found a correlation between eating for taste and eating for function. When I stick to eating for function I see success...now I'm not saying eat things you hate...obviously you need to eat something tolerable...but don't let the thought of eating consume you.

And remembering that this program is not forever. This is a temporary speed bump in the road.

Good Luck!!
dietingagain22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 06:00 PM   #5  
jace1234

Quote:
Originally Posted by dietingagain22 View Post
Hey Ladies, well this is my third time on the MRC program. I lost 25lbs after college (freshmen 15 turned to 25)....I was able to keep the weight off until I became pregnant...so after having two babies I lost 25lbs again on Metabolic...BUT when I got back to my pre-pregnancy weight everyone kept asking me if I was pregnant. I was 125lbs and was asked at least once a week when I was due or was congratulated on my pregnancy...at that time I was on the stabilization program and threw in the towel...I quit the program and gained the weight back... It's been two years and I'm ready to get back on track and forget about what other people think of me... I am 145 lbs and plan on losing 20lbs.

So I'm an old pro at Metabolic...there were some different pills that rocked the house when I first did Metabolic...but those pills have since been discontinued due to the gov't banning effedrine...so their new miracle pills are the all day weight loss, corti trim and mrc 6...I take them all...I really think the all day weight loss is the best of the three if you had to pick one...but I also take a multi vitamin, hair skin nails, flax seed oil in mass quantities, gelatin and Vitamin D.

The cookbook is amazing. It really does add a lot of variety into the everyday monotany of eating the same thing over and over again....

BUT I found that one of my biggest downfalls is when I start getting creative with the foods...making tasty treats from the cookbook....And I think I've figured out why. You should eat to live not live to eat. When I stick to the basics, eat what I need to live I do good. But when I start doctoring up the food and making it a tasty treat I start living to eat. I start dreaming up my next meal. I get consumed in the thoughts of my next meal.

Now I know it's not fun to eat the same thing again and again and again. But I really have found a correlation between eating for taste and eating for function. When I stick to eating for function I see success...now I'm not saying eat things you hate...obviously you need to eat something tolerable...but don't let the thought of eating consume you.

And remembering that this program is not forever. This is a temporary speed bump in the road.

Good Luck!!
Wow! Thanks for all the great tips! I just bought All Day Weight Loss yesterday to try so I am anxious to see what I think of it as well. I like your philosophy about eating too... that is why I got the ADWL because between meals I was so hungry all I did was plan out the next meal! I am hoping that will help with my hunger issues, I also like that the bedtime bottle has the triptophene, I have trouble getting to sleep at night, I am hoping that will be a natural way to help. Thanks again! Good luck!
Old 05-25-2009, 06:33 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 176/174/140

Height: 5'8"

I too seem to do worse when I get creative with meal planning. I made the cheesecake this week and I wanted it not only for breakfast, but for dessert after lunch and dinner as well! I tend to get this mindset like, "This is good for me so I can have all I want." I do MUCH better when I stick the the same old everyday menu!
mandyanddrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 07:47 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 220/201/160

Height: 5' 7"

I tend to stick with the same food all the time. I like them but don't necessarily think "Oh I can't wait until I can eat". I haven't tried the cookbook yet but I will when I stop working so much overtime. Now I cook for my family and keep my own food separate.

Eat to live and don't live to eat is a great mantra.

So I guess routine meals and keeping my hands busy keeps me on plan.

Checking in with everyone here a couple times a day is very inspiring.
Dolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 09:37 AM   #8  
Jamaica Bound

S/C/G: 213/173/150(170 by 6/18/09)

Default Living the wrong way!

I must say that your quote of "eat to live not live to eat" is my life style. I love to cook which in turn means I eat too! I am going to make me some stickers with that saying on it and put it on my refrigerator and other places so I'll remember not to plan my day around what I am going to cook. When I started MRC I would cook up chicken, turkey and items on my menu and freeze them in individual ziploc baggies and do the same with various vegetables. Since I have not been doing that my weight loss has slowed down tremendously. I have a ways to go to hit my goal so I think today will do some cooking today and get back on track. Thank you for all the wonderful information. Huggers!!
Shannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 10:04 AM   #9  
Shelby

Default Short Cuts

Stickers are a great idea!! I can't wait to make some up myself..

And cooking in advance is such a great diet saver. Some of my tricks of the trade are to divide your food up when you get home from the grocery store...If you bought a bag of lettuce separate it into little meal size baggies...If you buy a container of cottage cheese divide it up into little to go containers right away...If you buy a block of cheese (usually 8 oz) Cut it in half, then cut those halves in half and then cut those four pieces in 1/2 and now you have 8-1oz pieces of cheese...

Now my last tip for today...depending on how many pills you take those in itself can get WAY overwhelming. I went to my local drug store and found the best pill case ever. It is not a straight line pill case with s-m-t-w-t-f-s compartments (although you may be able to adapt a case like that some how)...this pill case is like a 1/2 circle...it's not huge..just about the size of a deck of cards. There was one larger compartment in it where I can fit 9 flax seed pills and then there are 7 compartments that wrap around the flaxseed spot...And I have them separated out with a little card I put in the top to mean B4 Breakfast (for pills to take B4 Breakfast, Breakfast, B4 Lunch, Lunch, B4 Dinner, Dinner and B4 Bedtime). I fill up my container at night before I go to bed so if I ever wake up late I can take my pills on the fly...

Good Luck Ladies...stay strong...NOTHING TASTS AS GOOD AS BEING THIN FEELS!!!! That quote is from MRC and I repeat it to myself all the time
Old 05-25-2009, 10:49 AM   #10  
Lynn

S/C/G: 216/see ticker/145

Now see I feel I need to look forward to my meals so that gives me something to be excited about. That's how I personally feel though and others may disagree with me. I like planning out my meals and knowing what I'm going to have for lunch/dinner. For me it's exciting.

What are some of the ways you cook your veggies and what veggies do you like the best? I've tried teh zucchini chips recipe out of the cookbook twice now and they turn out to be a soggy mess! How do you cook zucchini?
noahsmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 11:38 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 194/194/138

Morning everyone,

I am on day 7 today. I take the ADWL and have really noticed that I am sleeping soooooo much better. For years I have been a light sleeper and often up at 3 in the morning with mind race. I've slept better in the last 7 days than in a long time!

Lori
ltdermdvm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 11:47 AM   #12  
Shelby

Default Veggie Cookin

I like to cook my veggies on the grill...no seasoning necessary...just deliciousness....try peppers....yummmy!!!
Old 05-25-2009, 03:21 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 256/217.5/150

Height: 5' 2"

Thanks for great tips....I am noting so many great ideas when I join...this is so very helpful. I know I have said it before, but you all are such great inspirations.....thank you so much...keep posting these helpful hints...I will need them when I start my journey.
Fifties Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 03:01 PM   #14  
-Jacque

S/C/G: 195/see ticker/145

Height: 5'5.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by noahsmama View Post
What are some of the ways you cook your veggies and what veggies do you like the best? I've tried teh zucchini chips recipe out of the cookbook twice now and they turn out to be a soggy mess! How do you cook zucchini?
On the stove top I use my daily "allowance" of olive oil and put it in a pan... medium to high heat. I then toss in thinly sliced zucchini. I keep an eye on it and move it around often so it doesn't burn. I also add whatever on program spices i am feeling that day.

As far as things that have helped me so far:

- I mix my fiber in with my HNS every time I have a liquid HNS. That keeps me fuller longer for sure.... I don't take any supplements for appetite suppressant. I am (and my hubby is too!) blown away by how I don't have the urge to snack all the time or become extremely hungry like I used to.

- When I go to the store I pre-package all of my meals when I get home. I use a lot of frozen chicken and veggies. (I have my veggies packed in the ziplock steam bags and it makes life so easy) It is easy to take to work and to school 2 nights a week and I just need a microwave. When I am home I have all my veggies and foods prepped for when I have time to cook more or try a recipie. But the biggest advantage to prepackaging my meals is that I don't make the bad decision to eat something off program that isn't healthy... because it takes me 4 min. and a microwave to make my protien & veggies.

I don't take any supplements right now from MRC. I have been taking multivitamins and oil since before I started MRC, So I can't speak to any of that. I am debating on the MRC or Cortitrim... but I am always sceptical of supplements... so I am interested in any feedback - good or bad.
JacAg08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 03:44 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 213\see ticker\165

Height: 5' 9"

My biggest thing that helps me is to weigh all my food. I rarely ever do not do this as when I do I nearly always stall or gain weight.
jeweliek is offline   Reply With Quote